Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Zeltec Ultra-Anium

Status
Not open for further replies.
CA04-Solid-Ingot-Desk-Paperweight-in-Silver-Finish.jpg
Image Source:

Intent: Create a Strong and High temperature Metal to Export from Conglomerate Prime

Development Thread: If Needed

Manufacturer: Planet Conglomerate Prime

Model: None

Affiliation: None

Modularity: Can be combined with most metals to strengthen or weaken the later product.

Production: Limited

Material: Natural in composition

Description: Zelterc Ultra-anium is a very mysterious metallic compound only found on the planet Conglomerate Prime. It is thought that the Highly evolved race called the Zeltec had manipulated or created this rare compound. As such it is virtually impossible to find anywhere else then from the world of Conglomerate Prime. A world draped in secrecy and almost everything is if unimaginable power.

The metal is virtually light weight and the durability of a 2 inch plate of Durasteel in a 3 cm thick sheet. It's great for use as armor and exterior components for weapons. This metal is great at conducting heat, spreading it amongst its surface to cool. This allows the weapon to absorb multiple blaster bolts as well as make it slightly Lightsaber Resistance. Due to the high heats radiated from a Lightsaber, the metal wil begin to falter under multiple strikes making it only resistant to around 3-5 strikes from a high powered energy blast like a Lightsaber.

Primary Source:

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br /> <br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />Starwars Chaos: <br />Pending initial review<br /> <br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br /><br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br /><br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]
Just a couple of things here.

Jaster of Clan Awaud said:
Manufacturer: Planet Conglomerate Prime
Please link the planet.

Material: Unknown, theorized natural in causing.
Same as the last one. It's a metal or metallic substance. Unknown, sure, but it is a metal.

It does not conduct heat, but instead spreads it out amongst its surface, allowing weapons to not overheat while in use.
That is, actually, still conducting heat. Its just far more efficient in doing so. That means this sentence is technically a contradiction. You'll want to edit that.

Alright, that's out of the way, just a quick question here. This metal is basically a really good conductor of heat and functions similarly to Ultrachrome in the way it spreads the heat equally along the metal. Is this metal lightsaber resistant due to this level of heat resistance?

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]
Alrighty. Let's take a look see.

Production: Abundant on Conglomerate Prime.
Missed this the first time which is my bad, but like the other material you subbed this needs to be listed as Unique, Limited, Minor, or Mass.

This allows the weapon to absorb multiple blaster bolts as well as make it Lightsaber Durable. Due to the high heats radiated from a Lightsaber, the metal wil begin to falter under multiple strikes making it only resistant to around 15 strikes from a high powered energy blast like a Lightsaber.
Alrighty, now, here's where we have a bit of a problem. I really only wanted a yes or no answer, but this I can work with. Gonna have to ask you to drop the number of strikes drastically or totally drop them and just add "limited" to the lightsaber resistance. Here's why: Modern day plasma cutters we can make in the real world burn up to 3,000 degrees Celsius or more. If you want some limited resistance like what armorweave gives, I'm okay with that. Even durasteel put thick enough will slow down a lightsaber like in Episode One with the blast doors. If you want more, then you'll need a fairly substantial dev thread. 30+ good quality posts.

Outside of those edits, this stuff is more or less done. Once both of your metal subs are ready and no longer need edits, they'll have to wait until the planet is approved. Once that's done, they can be listed pending.

Modularity: Modifiable like most metals
Please elaborate on this.

It can indue up to 3,000 degrees Celsius where it is then melted away
I would suggest removing the melting point of the metal, it is rather difficult to ascertain how durable a metal in SW is to heat.

Lightsaber Durable. Due to the high heats radiated from a Lightsaber, the metal wil begin to falter under multiple strikes making it only resistant to around 3-5 strikes from a high powered energy blast like a Lightsaber.
Please change this to "slightly lightsaber resistant".

rare compound. As such it is virtually impossible to find anywhere else then from the world of Conglomerate Prime.
You mention twice that this is a rare and difficult to find metal/compound, which by wording of the description speaks of its rarity on the planet itself. Combined with the perceived resistance to blasters and lightsabers over durasteel and I will need the production dropped to Limited.

Based on conversion of CM to Inches, this is less than double the thermal resistance of durasteel at limited availability.

Approved, pending secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom