Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zann Family Reunited

- Paradiso Club Owner - Assassin -
-On Board the Luxury5000 yacht, OPULENCE- Lockdown Mode -
Ship concierge workers were ordered to remain in their crew cabins, technicians were to remain in their stations below deck and the cockpit was locked down for security reasons. The luxuriously appointed ship and it's hallway that led from the ship's airlock to all points of the current level, upper deck, which housed the guest suites, Arya's suite, the starboard and port observation areas, the central chamber and the entrance to the dining hall/meeting hall and entryway the stairway that led to the lower decks were in locked down with blast doors. The lower level staircase that led to the engine rooms, the medical bay, hangar bays and the ballroom was closed off as well. Arya wasn't taking any chances with strangers entering her vessel. The only room that hadn't been locked down was Nixara's room and the meeting hall.

Arya noted the hallway exchange on the holoterminal in the meeting hall. She stared at the security cam shot of that part of the hall. Across the intercom to that section, Arya ordered, "State your business and surrender your weaponry to my guards. I will not deal with troublemakers coming aboard my vessel."

Arisa entered a code to temporarily override the lock down order and exit the central chamber. She quickly entered the meeting room once more to inform Arya of the response from HK-36. She was greeted by Arya's gaze upon the holoterminal. Arya's gaze shifted to Arisa with a tired, weak demeanor, "What's the latest, Arisa? Please tell me, you've some good news for me."

Arisa's tense demeanor softened at the idea that she would be able to appease Arya's need for good news. "Yes, Madame Cognito, I have some good news for you. HK-36 has agreed to meet with you. However, the meeting place was requested to be aboard his vessel. I realize you do not care to enter into strange, almost hostile vessels unless necessary, but these guys mean business and a slip-up with them would mean---"

"I know what it would mean, Arisa! Just because I left you primarily in charge of my affairs doesn't mean that I have forgotten how faction related galactic territory issues work!" Arya snapped back. Arya was growing weary of the day. She did not truly mean to be so cruel to her assistant.

"I understand, Madame Cognito. I didn't mean to imply..." Arisa stated hanging her to avoid eye contact with her boss.

"I know you didn't mean to, Arisa. I apologize for snapping. Just dealing with a lot of stress, you know with my factory being defunct for god knows how long and possibly hemorrhaging money. I'm trying to make my assistance worthwhile to the Zann Consortium, but issues like that throw a kink in the matter." Arya stated with a heavy sigh and her gaze returning to the terminal.

"I shall help you any way I can, Madame Cognito." Arisa said bowing her head.

"There is a way to help right now. When I finish with this Abregado-rae business no matter the outcome, I would like to take on a bounty. Can you get in touch with one of my new Consortium mates to set that up for me while I am dealing with all of this mess? A nice hunting trip would do me wonders in clearing my head." Arya said with a halfsmile as her gaze remained on the terminal.

"Of course I can do that for you, Madame Cognito." Arisa said remaining at her side in order to help Arya with the strange newcomer on her vessel. She had her comlink at the ready to relay orders in case this encounter went south.

[member="Corruck Kazen"]
[member="Nixara Zann"]

Corruck's false smile quickly faded. He knew this would happen. "I'm here looking for someone. I had some reliable sources state she was on or near this planet. I came to say hello and set my affairs in order." he said all this, while slipping his rifle from his back and sliding it across the floor to the nearest guard. The slowly he picked out his pistol, looking at it for a moment he slid that to the same guard. "If you're afraid I mean trouble, don't be. I have no such intention."
Corruck, unarmed except for the wine bottle, didn't move. He didn't want to set off this lady, possible sister. He would have to ask some questions, but he would wait until face-to-face questioning could be made.
[member="Madame Cognito"]

Nixara Zann

N
Nixara was in her quarters aboard the ship, slipping out of the dress she had worn earlier and into her usual skimpy leather outfit. She had noticed the new ship that had docked with Arya's vessel. Deciding to investigate, she went back to the meeting room, encountering Arya and this new guest. ''Who's this? A friend of yours, Arya?'', she said with a hint of curiosity.

[member="Corruck Kazen"]
[member="Madame Cognito"]

"Darling, I do not rightfully know who this stranger is. Have not encountered him before now. We shall see who this is together." Arya said with a tone of curiosity in her voice to the newly arrived Nixara.
"Newcomer, follow my guards to the meeting room. I might be able to help you in this cause of finding someone." Arya ordered with a hint of softness for the stranger's plight. He was either looking for a bounty he was to collect on or trying to reconnect with a lost contact. Either way, Arya could sympathize for she had been in his position in the past. Well, not boarding a stranger's vessel, but close.
[member="Corruck Kazen"]
[member="Nixara Zann"]

"Thank you." Corruck said, quickly following the guards. He felt the urge to run ahead but he didn't know the ship at all so he would be lost pretty easily.

After a minute of following his appointed 'guardians' he found himself in the meeting room. He didn't trust this Miss Cognito, or Madame Cognito. He wasn't sure whether she was actually his sister or just knows where she is at. He knew that it didn't matter if she were or were not. If she didn't trust him then he couldn't trust her. That was how he had survived so long.

Nixara Zann

N
Nixara looked at Corruck, tilting her head inquisitively. He seemed....familiar. Very familiar, but she couldn't put her finger on it. She spoke. ''Excuse me stranger, but.....do I know you? I feel like we've met, long ago.''

[member="Corruck Kazen"]

Corruck looked at the new person, obviously she was not [member="Madame Cognito"]. He found her choice of clothing to be different and odd. "Possibly, I've been all over two-thirds of the galaxy in the last year or so. Have you been to Ryloth, Mon Calamari, Coruscant, or Hapes?"

He was pretty sure that his sister had only been to one of those worlds, if not two or three. Certainly he had checked them but may have missed quite easily.

[member="Nixara Zann"]

Nixara Zann

N
She blinked for a moment. ''I was....found as a child on Ryloth, actually. Didn't know who my family were.'', she said, sighing gently. ''I don't know what happened to them, but at any rate, your looking for someone? Perhaps I could be of assistance?''

[member="Corruck Kazen"]

"As a matter of fact, you could help. Do you know of anyone with the last name Zann..." He thought for a moment, his sister's first name he had had to memorize but it was a while since he had had to say it, "Or anyone with a first name of Nixara? Either." She may have changed names like he had, but his sources had said otherwise.

Nixara Zann

N
Nixara blinked. ''That'd be me. Why have you been looking for me, exactly?'', she say with curiosity. Most people looking for her were bounty hunters or rival crime lords. Hopefully this fellow wasn't one of either.

[member="Corruck Kazen"]

"You're Nixara Zann?" Corruck asked, startled. He hadn't expected this woman to be his sister. He stepped back a bit in disbelief.

"Do you remember me at all?" He asked, to bewildered to think through his questions and statements.

Nixara Zann

N
''I admit your very familiar, but.....I don't remember ever meeting you? W...Who are you? Why have you come to see me?'', she'd say. Who was this man? How did she know him? She couldn't figure out who he was but she felt like she had....some sort of bond with him.

[member="Corruck Kazen"]

"I'm y-your brother-r. Corru-uck Zann. You don't remember me?" He said, stuttering slightly. He didn't normally stutter, his vocal capabilities were average, which made it odd to him to hear his voice in that way. He had found her, after so many years thinking she was dead. Then learning that she yet lived, but was hidden from him. And finally here she is in front of him. He couldn't believe it.

Arisa left the room after witnessing the revelations and headed to the central chamber to resume her activities. Inside of the central chamber, Arisa ordered over the intercom directing it to all rooms except for the dining room, "Cancel the lockdown. All clear everyone, Return to your normal duties. Any concierge worker in range, arrange for libations and edibles for the newcomer, Corruck and Nixara."

Arya was bewildered by the chances of this encountered and merely remained silent during the proceedings, "I am honestly speechless at the odds of this even happening given how large this galaxy is. I shall be in my suite to give you privacy. Call me or Arisa, if either of you require anything."

A concierge worker entered the room with a tray with a carafe of iced purified water, two glasses and a few varieties of finger food with two metal plates. The worker gently placed the tray on the lengthy dining room table and quietly exited with Arya.
[member="Corruck Kazen"]
[member="Nixara Zann"]

Nixara Zann

N
Nixara stood there silently for a few moments, as if she was trying to process all of this. She suddenly lept forward and hugged Corruck tightly, tears running down her cheeks. She could just tell he was telling the truth. ''I.....I thought I was the only one left.....I've been alone for....so so long......'', she said, barely able to speak as she cried tears of both joy and sorrow.

[member="Corruck Kazen"]

Corruck was startled at the leap forward. At first his hand had instinctively moved to where his blaster pistol would be. But when she hugged him and started crying his mind snapped back, reproaching him for that action. He hugged her back a few of his own tears coming down his cheeks. "Not anymore. We are together now, that's what is important..." He fell into silence as his voice began to crack with the joy of the moment.

Nixara Zann

N
She held Corruck tightly, not wanting to let go of him for the time being. ''W...Why didn't anyone come back for me? I was all alone on Ryloth......'', she said, tears pouring down her cheeks. She was happy she'd found one of her relatives, but she was also angry they didn't come and find her until now.

[member="Corruck Kazen"]

"The reports said you had all died, I was only a little boy at the time." Corruck said, his voice still wavering a little. He found himself quite incapable of explaining anymore, his mind was clouded. He didn't want the embrace to end, he hadn't hugged someone for many years, he actually couldn't remember when he had last hugged someone. "Where have you been all this time?"

[member="Nixara Zann"]

Nixara Zann

N
''I was found by a Mandalorian bounty hunter.....he took me in as his own, trained me how to fight and survive in this galaxy.....he died at the hands of a rival, and left all of his fortunes to me.....I've been putting them to use ever since, reforming our family legacy....The Zann Consortium lives once more, brother. I have rebuilt it.....'', she said with a bit of pride, wiping her eyes. ''I want you beside me.....help me run it like our ancestors did.....I....honestly don't know what to do now I've got things started....''

[member="Corruck Kazen"]

Corruck was speechless for a little. His sister had been nurtured by a Mandalorian, a bounty hunter. She had rebuilt the Zann Consortium. And she willingly wanted him at her side. These were all unexpected, this entire meeting was unexpected. Fate had a feelings after all, ones that wasn't cold and cutting. For more than 20 years he had lived with the fact that his family was dead. There had been rumors roaming that Twi'lek rebels had attacked their transport, that a wild animal had brutally torn them to pieces, and that they had been executed for some reason. None of them were true, as far as he had known. But he had found his sister was alive. And so began searching for her. And when he had found her, he learned that their ancestor's criminal Empire was being restored. All this was too much.

He embraced her again, "I'm just glad you are alive."

Then he let go and wiped away his tears saying, "Of course I'll help. Nothing in the galaxy would stop me from being here. Nothing in the galaxy did stop me." His eyes may have stopped weeping, but his voice was still full of the emotion that is only heard when one finds something that he loved that and he had believed lost forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom