Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yuuzhan Vong Sith: Yea or Nay?

Juggerduck

Just another avatar for Cyttorak
I'm been thinking about rebooting this character from the ground up, as I really haven't done anything with him, and was pondering recreating him as a Yuuzhan Vong Sith, the subject of genetic manipulation that introduced midichlorians into his system, ultimately making him a Shaper caste Force user. Has this been done to death already, or does it seem like an interesting concept? My thinking is if a Yuuzhan Vong is going to embrace suffering, introducing something they inherently dislike and find alien would mean quite a bit of suffering indeed. I also plan on making extensive use of [member="Tsavong Kraal"]'s excellent reference material.

Your thoughts?

They don't haphazardly embrace suffering (except the Shai). They do so in ritual to their gods, the Yun'O, who sacrificed limbs in similar fashion of escalation to construct the universe. So if the suffering serves a purpose such as glorification of the gods then, yes, but introducing midi chlorians may not be what they would be looking for. Also, shapers were less likely to approach pain in the same fashion as the other castes, especially Warriors.

That being said, the sky is the limit. With the slayer caste, it's obvious that the disparity between the vong and the force was closing in. And as some say, in canon and with time passed, the vong should have the force by now anyway.

Do you, could be fun. I like traditional Vong when I play the Vong species, but to each his own.

Juggerduck

[member="Reverance"], good points all. Maybe less about pain and more about worship. If he goes all-in for Yun-Harla the Trickster, maybe he found something that hinted she stole something from Yun-Yuuzhan that might have been a connection to all living things (from Wookieepedia: "...the creator god contained all knowledge of the universe which he kept to himself. However, he was robbed of some of that information by Yun-Harla..." and willfully submitted himself to experimentation by other Shapers.

[member="Thid Qaal"]

It's been nearly 1000 years since the war. There's massive scope to play a range of things from a complete metamorphosis of religious beliefs, through to staunch traditionalists, through to completely native Yuuzhan Vong. You could be a native of Zonama Sekot who reconnected with the Force only to be turned to the dark side.

I'd love to see a Yuuzhan Vong Sith, I've always been interested in the species and they haven't been getting too much love lately. As [member="Braith Achlys"] said there are very few, so you can make your stand out among the other Sith here.

[member="Thid Qaal"]

[member="Thid Qaal"]

Rev's kinda right, Yuuzhan Vong worship sacrifice. Suffering can be part of that process, it's up to you, and you don't have to be a Shai to do it. The whole sacrifice thing comes from the Yuuzhan Vong creation myth, that Yun-Yuuzhan sacrificed parts of himself to create the galaxy, the gods, the Yuuzhan Vong. So you can go the suffering route, there's nothing wrong with it, but remember it'll stem from sacrifice.

Or you could reject the whole religion aspect. Plenty of Vong in the books thought the whole thing was a sham, including Shimrra.

As for being Force Sensitive, yeah. There's a plethora of ways to do it, ranging from how Onimi did it in the books (grafting yammosk into his brain) to tapping the eighth cortex (basically, the advancing of Vong science - they were very conservative and forbid the advancement of their own technology) or even going the route Raziel proposes and saying that you were a member of the Nas Choka brigade that left with Zonama Sekot. You could say Sekot was successful in restoring the Force to your family/domain/ancestors/etc.

It could be pretty interesting and there's nothing wrong with it.

Juggerduck

[member="Tsavong Kraal"], I've reworked my bio and think it reads pretty well from an rp opportunity standpoint. He's now a priest in the Deception Sect, worshiping Yun-Harla the Trickster Goddess. One of the things the Sect works on is interpreting Vong scripture to try and uncover what the goddess stole from Yun-Yuuzhan. They believe one of those things was Force sensitivity, so they genetically manipulated Qaal using materials and knowledge they've uncovered through research. I think it allows me to move the character down a trickster/chaos/Sith path for interesting reasons, and also opens up opportunities to do some treasure hunting (looking for other lost and hidden things). I do like exploring the religion of suffering; for him it's that he's become a bit unhinged since tapping into the Force. It's completely alien and contradictory, and while he wants to control his emotions, he finds that tapping into them releases power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom