Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yuroic's Prosthetic Arm

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

frederic-daoust-fred2303-eidos-art-test.jpg

Frederic Daoust
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Yuroic Xeraic
  • Model: N/A
  • Affiliation: Yuroic Xeraic
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Armourweave, Impervium
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Cybernetic prosthetic arm
  • Weight: 3kg
  • Resistances (For each category choose from: None, Very Low, Low, Average, High, Very High, Extreme Ratings of High, Very High, and Extreme will need to be added as strengths with elaboration.)
- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): Average
- Kinetic: High
- Lightsabers: High
- Other: Sonic: None, EMP/Ion: High, Elemental: Low

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Increased strength, resistant to Ion/EMP attacks due to having being directly connected to Yuroic's nervous system. strong resistance to lightsaber attacks and strong defence against other melee weapons and range weapons.
Strengths:
  • Superior strength
  • Resistant to lightsaber attacks
  • Resistant to melee attacks/range attacks
  • Cannot be rendered inactive via Ion or Electric attacks
  • Resistant to elemental attacks
Weaknesses:
  • Increased weight on body means it is hard to disguise it as a normal arm
  • Doesn't protect rest of body from damage against various attacks
  • Cannot remove the arm from the body without causing severe pain
  • Can be detected via scans
  • Not resistant to Force Powers
  • Cannot use advanced Force Powers through the arm. (Unless Yuroic gains mastery in said Force Power.)
DESCRIPTION

After the battle of Mirial, Yuroic was left without a right arm. He struggled for many months without an arm and fell into a pit of depression due to his brutal defeat. However, once he returned from his journey to Hyu-Ken Carka, he gained a renewed faith in the Jedi Order and decided it was time that he took charge of his fate, stepping away from the quiet life of being a librarian. After deciding he would become a more active member of the Order, Yuroic realised that he would need a cybernetic arm to replace his lost one. While he was becoming more capable with his left hand, it was not as good as his more dominant right hand.

Working on the plans for his new arm, he decided to remove all of the arm to create a complete cybernetic limb. The limb was also going to be constructed from lightsaber resistant material, Cortosis to remove the chance of his arm being removed by another lightsaber wielder. He also used the metal Impervium to make it very strong and able to deflect and resist damage from ranged weapons if well timed and melee weapons bar lightsabers. It was also decided that the limb would be connected to his body and his nervous system. This allowed him advantage over people attempting to render the limb useless by electrical or EMP attacks. The limb would just spasm like his normal left arm would in the case of electrical attacks.

Yuroic Xeraic said:
Material: Cortosis, Armourweave, Impervium
Impervium is a restricted material which is not excluded from the list of free at unique. Please remove this or perform the required mission. Furthermore, Impervium and Cortosis are both restricted materials and will not be permitted to be combined in this submission. Please choose one or the other.

This prosthetic should be considered armor, given its composition. Please utilize the armor template for this submission.

Have removed Cortosis, added resistances and armour template.

However, on the Impervium, I did add the required mission in the mission thread link. My character suffered a devastating lost in a duel during an Invasion/Rebellion, here is a quote from the restricted materials section:

Imperviumhttp://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Impervium :
  • In collaboration with another writer, write a story in an invasion/Rebellion that results in the complete loss of the ship you are PC Captaining - OR - In a duel with another writer, suffer a devastating defeat in an Invasion/Rebellion thread.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Reviewing this earlier I may have missed that link, however, please link the relevant posts because I cannot look through 24 pages of an invasion to find relevant posts to your submission.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Most of this is fine except I don't see any reason why this prosthetic would be immune to ION/EMP? Regardless I can't approve something having complete immunity, it would need to be reworded as something along the lines of incredibly resistant.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

I put it as immune because it's connected through the character's nervous system to move and react the way a normal arm would. So, unless a normal arm would be not completely immune to EMP/Ion attacks, I rather it stayed. I countered it by saying it could still be attacked by electrical forces and made it impossible for the arm to now be removed so I think it is balanced.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

There are no listed materials that make this submission resistant to ION/EMP. I would suggest adding something that provides resistance if your intent is such. Regardless, this is a cybernetic, not a flesh and organic arm, therefore, you gain the benefits of a cybernetic arm, such as the use of impervium, a nearly indestructible metal. However, you don't get to pick and choose the inherent weaknesses of using such tech on the opposite end of the spectrum. Cybernetics are notoriously vulnerable to EMP/Ion based assault, so while I am okay with you adding a resistance to it through a material comprising the cybernetic, I will not approve complete immunity.

We don't approve submissions with total immunity in any case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom