Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship YSMR-3 "Scythe"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily Vani

E
USAF_Daedalus_by_Deliciusman.jpg

Image Credit: http://deliciusman.deviantart.com/
Intent: Emily needs a freaking ship. Serves as a mobile hacking platform with most of its hull dedicated to a large computer.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Kuat Drive Yards, under the knowledge that a block will be installed on all new ships produced by the KDY to prevent hacking.
Model: YSMR-3
Affiliation:
Lorieth Faeryn
Modularity: Just normal things people can do to ships
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel, glasteel
Description: The ship underwent three redesigns before Emily approved it. The ship's interior is dedicated almost entirely to the gigantic computer platform that does almost everything a ship could need in one thing. The computer isn't an AI, but it responds to voice commands and is able to feedback simple speech reponses (sorta like Siri). The computer has huge addons that enable it to be a hacking platform to tap into systems on cruiser class ships and under (able to take huge advantages on starfighters). Full control of a ship is not available through these means, but controls can be disabled and guns turned off. Equipped with only a few armaments the ship is able to take out a couple of small ships by itself. The hull is designed to have natural stealth abilities on low quality radar, but is never invisible completely and if it's being looked for, it can be found. Gigantic engines enable it to acheive huge rates of speed but unfortunately it lacks any strong manuevaribility. The ship is weak against almost everything, designed to be by itself far away from its targets, its not suited for any actual combat.

Classification: Support corvette
Role: Personal transport/hacking device/workstation
Height: 65m
Width: 85m
Length: 200m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Ionization reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: 2
Minimum Crew: 14
Optimal Crew: 51
Armaments:

• 1 concussion tube - 4 ammo
  • 4 light laser cannons (2 on either side)
Hangar:
  • 1 speeder
  • Plus or minus a couple cargo sleds
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Large computer platform
  • Sophisticated Hacking Suite
  • Long range advanced comm array
  • Standard medbay
  • Two escape pods
  • Advanced encryption network
  • Holonet
  • Advanced nav system
  • Standard life support
  • Standard sensor array
Passenger Capacity: 6
Cargo Capacity: 1000 metric tons
Consumables: 8 months
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 4
Other pictures and things:
Cool video/animation

@[member="Emily Vani"]

First off, I will remind you (or inform you, if you are not aware) that we have a policy in place to not bother Judges about submissions. We will get to them when we will get to them. Do not bother multiple judges in the future.

On to the submission itself.

• The crew count is impossibly low. Corvettes need, minimum, several dozen to optimally run. Optimal crew is not just bridge crew; it's engineers, security personnel, medical staff, janitors, chefs. A capital ship cannot be maintained by so few people without EXTENSIVE automation.
  • Second, and this is a big one too; if you're going to use a company with an owner, you need their permission. They can deny you for any number of reasons. Perhaps your faction is considered hostile to their interests. Perhaps your design is not in line with their ideology or capabilities. You can find every company with an owner here for future reference.
  • Corvettes cannot move faster than Speed 4. It doesn't matter how unmaneuverable it is or how few weapons you put on it. 4 is as low as you can go.
  • It's not sufficient to say that this ship is the "greatest" at hacking. With everything you're looking to do with this ship, it's going to have to have a development thread.

Emily Vani

E
@[member="Ayden Cater"]

I want to apologize for bugging you! I didn't know that. Filed away for next time.

Now, I changed crew size. I believe that should be better.

I fixed the speed as well.

Now for manufacturer, I thought that the KDY was just a canon thing that we could use for whatever reason. So that's why I did that. But if still necessary I can go track down someone!

Also for hacking and what not. I'm not saying it's the greatest by any means. I'm saying it has good hacking tech. But I can edit the description to tighten the abilities of whatit does if that's acceptable.

Thanks!

Edit: Never mind on the manufacture. Working on getting permission.

Emily Vani

E
I got permission from Lady Silencia. Her terms have been included. The other things were fixed except for the ships hacking potential. Once again, it's not the greatest at hacking into things. I only mention that it has some hacking abilities to cruiser class ships and below. And at that I only say that it can take over guns and simple things like droids. But, if you would still like me to elaborate, please explain what needs to be done.

@[member="Ayden Cater"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom