Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You're the worst. [Linna]

"You don't really have a reason, do you?", he asks with a bit of a smirk as he watches her start airing out the room. Because the blood all over the bed wasn't a dead giveaway as to what had happened. Or that peculiar scent that everyone recognized.

He lifts himself back up to stand and goes to fetch his clothes and armor, as well as the tattered remains of his cape; which had somehow become more menacing with its frayed ends and blackened cloth.

"But, you're right. No one will know. Unlike the rest of the people here at OmegaPyre - Ayden and Cira aside - I don't broadcast my personal life to others... or anything else for that matter."

"No," she said, irritated, "I don't have a reason, and I'm a logical person, so that's rather frustrating. And when I say I'm a logical person, I mean I scored Gold Bisector on the Gree Intelligence Aptitude Test, with a Coruscanti Standardized IQ of over a hundred and forty. My brain stem alone is probably smarter than Rach Kol-Rekali.

"So, when I say I didn't have a reason, take it as a sign that my brain stem was impressed, because the rest of my excellent brain wasn't doing much of anything. And be flattered."

"Why so angry all of a sudden, huh? Getting too close to something? Ill stop, then. You'll tell me if you want me to know." The black cloth he wore under his Duraplast was on now, although it took longer than normal. That part always irked him about injuries. Slowly, he placed the carapace pieces back on, locking them in place.

He smirked, chuckling. "You know... you and I are very much the same. We're both quite logical, and when logic fails and we act on other things... well, that's when we get angry. Why? Because we don't like emotion. Emotion is a weakness. Logic is strength. Or am I wrong?"

"No, you're not wrong, but that's only half the truth. My father was a Jedi Master -- self-declared. He went Dark. I've seen all sorts of strength from emotion, and it's not the kind of strength I want from myself. Just like you don't want that kind of strength -- the kind the best Mandos have. Or maybe Ayden. Kerrigan. Cira...

"Holy feth. Some part of you sees yourself as being above them. Or...am I wrong?"

"Above them? No. Aydens cold logic. I think Cira tends to be, too." He shrugged a little bit, "I tend to avoid Kerrigan. No sense in talking to her in my opinion." His eyes drifted over to hers, curious again. "My job is to protect and kill. I don't do it because I think they're weak, I do it to prevent leadership from collapsing should they die."

Linna shrugged and filed it all away. "Sometimes you need to be wrong to figure things out. I'd imagine you'd understand, when it comes to picking a course through unknown territory. A mistake is a mapping tool.

"And please, please don't try to apply that to what we just did. I'm suddenly not in the mood to read meaning into things.

"I need to get my team synched, Sarge. Can I assume you're going out the window?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom