Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You're Not the Voss of Me [PM for Invite]

Voss

A Silver Jedi planet. The Silver Jedi planet in fact. Not that the Ravens were unfriendly with the Silver Jedi as far as she was aware, but they also weren't friendly. In all honesty anyone with the title Jedi unless it was prefaced with Dark likely wasn't all too keen on the President of the current largest criminal organization.

Still, when had she ever let such things stop her? Field trips from Ossus, drinking in Keldabe.. Act. Dare.

So when an apparent Voss mystic had contacted her because of a particularly portentious vision which she just had to be informed about in person she figured meh, why not? Her kife largely consisted of doing illogical things, taking chances and reaping the often unanticipated windfalls. It was probably the will of the Force or something.

In this case the Voss mystic had turned out to be a crazy living on their own unaffiliated with any fit to bear that title who probably messaged every well known galactic figure. Though it was slightly satisfying to think she'd risen high enough the nutjobs were contacting her out of the blue, it was also a bit annoying. This might well have been a waste of time after all.

She was at the very least getting lunch before she got back on her ship. So she walked the streets of one of the few town/cities that wouldn't be described too in depth because quite frankly the writer couldn't find any good descriptions and isn't handwaving something into existence on another factions capital, deciding where to stop to eat.

She was fairly conspicious, orange and tiger-striped in her shotcaller armour, though she'd left her weapons on the ship. When in someone elses house...

[member="Quinn Michaels"]

There were certain things one never adjusted to no matter how much time they were given to consider them, and for Syala it was her recent promotion to a Knight of the Silver Jedi. Certainly she didn't doubt the confidence that her Master and others had in her, and she knew that if they hadn't thought her ready she wouldn't have been granted such an honor in the first place. Still, given both her young age and general inexperience, it was ground she walked with a relative careful tread and a look to those elders of the Order for guidance when and where it was necessary. With the title of Knight came a responsibility she wasn't quite prepared to take on by herself just yet.

However, she still deigned to travel off Temple grounds when she was granted the time, if just to be herself outside of the parameters of what was expected of her as a Jedi. Time to see how the others that inhabited the planet lived and thrived. After all, she and those others that called the Silver Temple weren't the only ones that called Voss home. And sometimes they all needed their own little reminder of that, most of all her, with her hardly venturing outside of what immediately preceded the Temple until recently. While she wasn't exactly sure what recently was, she knew that it had come with enough change in both her and Connor's life to make an outing such as this necessary. They, at the very least she, if he chose not to come along, needed time away from what duties otherwise beckoned them.

It was strange, to a degree, for her to be away from the building she had called home for years, but something like this was a welcome change from the usual training sessions. And chances were it would turn into something of a learning experience, as time lapsed on. Until then, however, she merely walked at her own relaxed pace, in no hurry, that same aura of unnatural calm surrounding her and stretching out across the ether should anyone sensitive chance to be nearby. It wasn't intentional on her part, nor was she attempting in any way to make her presence obvious to anyone in the immediate area. It was simply how she was, how she existed. And to some, it made her rather obvious to pick out in a crowd. That wasn't overly concerning to her, at least not while she was on Voss. Least of all when [member="Connor Harrison"] was likely nearby.

Her senses stretched out across that metaphysical plane, searching for the familiar presence of her Master, one as well-known as her own. If he chanced to be around she would extend an ethereal hand through the Force, inviting him to join her should he choose to. Their time together to simply talk and not concern themselves with those threats against the Silver Jedi had been scarce, and it was well-deserved at this point. She knew that even if he didn't agree with the idea, he would still likely pursue her if just to keep a careful eye on things. His bit of protectiveness didn't really bother her, and she appreciated it most times anyhow. Besides, she couldn't change his personality. He simply was, as was she.

There was another that had a unique wavelength through the Force, one she hadn't sensed before. Perhaps another had joined their ranks. Perhaps it was just a visitor. They didn't pose any threat, so she would live and let live.

[member="Chiasa Kritivaas"]

Quinn sat, crossed legged in the academy. He had sensed a presence not far away. The presence itself seemed... not exactly Dark but whoever it was wasn't no Jedi. He stood, looking out of the window next to him. He couldn't see anything, thus he knew he'd have to leave the academy grounds to find the source.

Quinn blinked as he left the grounds. Part of him was under the assumption that whatever he felt was just a civilian, but the other half couldn't be sure. Well, better to check it out than be sorry. He walked through a small village just outside the academy. The presence was getting closer.

Quite frankly Chiasa wasn't paying all that much attention to force signatures until they got within a certain radius, and even then she was unlikely to react, simply to spot. She was on the Silver Jedi planet, there were going to be Silver Jedi. So long as they didn't come leaping at her sabers drawn she didn't much care. She was fairly confident that between the fact that she'd had nothing to do with them and that her signature was not particularly dark she'd be left alone. Not that anyone with any measure of force sense was going to confuse her with a Jedi but.. She was one of the rare creatures who honestly did not fall on either side of the spectrum.

Likely because if she'd been asked she thought the whole light versus dark thing was stupid and limiting.It was two religions having a pissing contest. Just because she happened to be force sensitive did not mean she intended to drink the kool aid, thank you all the same. If she'd known more about them, she likely would have approved heartily of the Aing-tii. Who wanted to be black or white when you could be orange? Or any other colour you chose? Or the entire spectrum?

Lifting her head as a scent tantalized her senses, the Twi'lek sniffed, working out where it was coming from. Wherever it was, that was where she wanted lunch from. A little more scent-sleuthing found her purchasing a sandwich of grilled meat. Taking her purchase she retreated to a nearby bench to sit and eat. The meat was good, juicy and tender, the bread rustic. All in all a pleasing combination.

As she licked stray juice off her fingers, a force signature finally got close enough that she picked up on it, yellow eyes flicked, up, scanning the crowd, coming to rest on [member="Quinn Michaels"]. That was a Chiss moving with purpose all right. Briefly she weighed her options. Stay, go. He didn't feel particularly strong or threatening, but where there was one...

Whatever. She'd bought the sandwich, she intended to finish it.

[member="Syala Daivik"]

EARLIER THAT DAY...

Voss, a planet of rolling vistas, force wielding Mystics, civil wars, and a twi'lek with a 70, 001,001 credit bounty on her little wormy head. Sure it was mainly a sith's bounty and the wormhead had a pretty face, but on the other hand, so did the Sith chick. But in hindsight, if he had known that he'd have to be "interrogating" Voss senior citizens in crowded spaceports, he might have had pause.
” Wait… have you seen this woman?” Moth said while holding a datapad in front of the elderly Voss's face, causing the alien to mutter something unintelligible and storm off. "Schutta spawn!" Moth yelled after him, only after realizing that he probably didn’t understand the insult.

However, Moth guessed the group of petite exchange students passing by did, at least that’s one explanation to why their teacher slapped him.

Moth sat down on a nearby bench, trying to make sense of things. He had to slow down, plan this out before he “Burned up in entry,” to turn a phrase. From what he heard, she was a force sensitive. That would make it all the more difficult. He didn’t have the training to resist a “mind trick” (Though he liked to think that he’d be too intelligent for something like that,) he couldn’t exactly deceive her as she’d probably sense his deception. He needed an edge, an ace in his boot, a… Gormak.

Moth smiled to himself, thinking on how things just got interesting.

A gigantic biped in white armor approached the Twi'lek, his walk having an animal-like quality.

"Well, well, well, Kritivaas, you're a bold wormhead, to show your face. You see, my name's Moth, and I'm a bounty hunter." he said, his voice having background static as is usual for helmets.

Yellow eyes flicked away from [member="Quinn Michaels"] to settle on the more immediate threat of [member="Moth"]. At the very least this stalking behemoth was not a force-user, which certainly didn't mean he wasn't dangerous, but it upped her chances if he turned out to be as hostile as the way he moved suggested.

"That's a bit derogative, I don't go about calling you names while you're trying to have lunch."

Chiasa commented, one leg crossing over the other, apparently unconcerned by the armoured hulk, taking another bite of her sandwich, chewing and swallowing before continuing.

"Besides, it's a rather nice face. It would be a shame to hide it away."

She wasn't going to start a fight on Silver Jedi territory.. But if he did she had no qualms about ending one. Ball was in his court. In either case, the Twi'lek was calling the force to herself, preparing.

[member="Syala Daivik"]

The figure turned as if his attention was focused elsewhere but continued to speak. "Cute it's, almost a shame that I have to do this." He paused for a moment, (as if realizing something) before drawing his blaster pistol.

Voss, home of the Silver Jedi Order. I was new to the Rangers and didn't have much going on at the moment so I wandered through the city. I had grabbed lunch from a nearby food stand and sat eating the meal in a public area. My battle worn armor attracted some glances, but seeing a warrior wasn't so much out of place that I couldn't blend in somewhat. I sat happily eating my meal people watching. One [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"] caught my eye. I recognized her from somewhere. It felt like ages ago, but she was there when I had my run in on Nar Shaddaa. I didn't know who she was, but it was hard to forget a bright orange twi'lek with strips all over her. I figured since last time we met ended with her angry it would be best that I leave her be, and so I remained seated across the way from her.

When she was approached my the hulking armored warrior, I noticed, but I didn't see much of a problem with some random guy hitting on a pretty twi'lek. Last I checked that was fairly normal, heck I wanted to. It wasn't until [member="Moth"] drew his weapon I knew something had gone wrong, someone had said something that pissed the big guy off, well big compared to her. I was too far away to make a difference right now, but he wasn't about to leave the planet my Order called home in one piece starting fights and blasting random people away. I was sworn to serve the Silver Jedi Order, and they don't take kindly to that sort of thing. I stood up fast and snatched my helmet off the table, moving to secure it on my head and jump the table in one motion. "Oi, Look out Tiger." I yelled as the helmet slipped over my head.

I needed to get over there if I was going to make a difference. Jetpack. That covers ground in a hurry, then I can subdue him in close quarters.

"Oh no, behind me!" the biped said in a bored tone. The figure paused for a second then turned quickly, firing wildly at the gunslinger. Meanwhile, Moth mentally cursed himself for not anticipating the "Goody-two-shoes" factor.

Here was a thing people tended to forget because she was a force user and a pretty face. The Twi'lek had started out as a dancer, and before she'd ever started working on force powers, she'd started on martial abilities. She was quick and lithe and muscled. People only thought of what this might mean in bed, they missed the threat. Did she particularly want to wrestle with [member="Moth"]? No she did not, but she was armoured and poised to act, physical and force together.

Just before she did however, a voice called out and [member="Draco Vereen"] turned on his jetpack, heading for the fray. He seemed familiar.. Ah right! The one with the annoying sonic weapon from Nar Shaddaa.

Well. Apparently they were going to fight now. This was exciting. Lunch and a show. With a sigh, she lobbed the remains of her sandwich into a nearby garbage bin. The chances of her being allowed to finish it now seemed slim.

The first shot took me hard in the shoulder. It stung and left my shoulder aching from the force of the bolt, but not seriously injured. I could still use it, I would just need to get it checked out in a little bit. I activated my jetpack and a cloud of exhaust erupted from behind me, propelling me forward with tremendous speed and force. Alright this is how I want it. Get in close and knock him out with a few bone rattling blows from my fists, then drag him to whoever wants him. Easier said than done. He was an armored warrior after all, so I doubt he's a slouch in combat, but then again I've got years of special forces training and plenty of weapons and equipment to use on him. The jetpack propelled me upwards and towards him, allowing me to get in close where I needed to be to get up on him properly.

I could see the orange twi'lek in the corner of my eye, she seemed content to let me handle this. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I'm about to find out.

[member="Moth"]

"I will stand my ground." He said, surprisingly sounding uninterested in the entire affair. His body language told a different story; He looked on the verge of fleeing. But, for better or worse, he stayed.

Alright, he seems freaked out, but that could easily be a ploy. I hit the ground nearby and dropped into a peek-a-boo boxing stance, advancing quickly on the man. He was going to feel this in the morning, I thought to myself. I knew better than to drop my guard and so I kept my hands up, protecting my face properly and was on him in a hurry. If I handled this quickly it would keep the innocents around here from the probability of being injured.

As I got within striking range, I continued to advance, guard up. I rocked backwards and kept my weight on the balls of my feet so I could move around easily. I shifted, rotating at the abdomen to put my weight behind a pretty vicious right handed upper-cut aimed at [member="Moth"] 's ribcage. With my superior size and weight, most likely superior strength and assisted by crushgaunts it was going to hurt if it connected with the man. Even then I was ready to defend with my left hand and preparing to alternate between heavy right and left handed blows to this guy's body.

Before the man reached him the biped threw his pistol to the ground and let out an inhuman yell. He raised his fists, apparently for an overhead strike. But before he could, the man's crushing blow made him buckle, sending him to his knees. He wasn't out yet though, he rammed himself into the mans legs, attempting to knock him down.
Chiasa Kritivaas
Draco Vereen

Dropping the armored humanoid hadn't been as difficult as I had originally thought, dropping him to his knees with the first uppercut. Almost as soon as he hit the ground he pounced, aiming for my knees. He was too close for me to sidestep, and in an instant his weight battered me to the ground. He was on top of me a second later, and I didn't have much choice anymore. I may have wanted to end this civilly moments ago, but being dropped to the ground had jarred me a little, causing my vision to tunnel and everything to go red. His inhuman scream might have bothered me earlier, but that part of me was gone now. All that was left was the bestial side, the kill or be killed side. I didn't have a lot of time, but my instincts told me to play to my strengths. I was bigger, stronger, and probably better equipped. Time to open all that upside his face. I reached out with my left hand to choke them man, knowing crushgaunts often have the ability to splinter bones, and with my other hand, I aimed a right hook for his face. Using that momentum I surged, attempting to roll the both of us over in the process.
[member="Moth"]

A sickening crunch sounded as the bipeds head twisted in an unnatural angle and his body fell limp.
“Oh, bother, I am in so much pain woe is me,” The figure said calmly despite the fact his spine was probably severed and his body did not move,“You know, you underestimated me, oh, not this... thing you see before you, you underestimated the guy holding the detonator to the explosives this guy’s armor’s laden with. Ta.”

As Moth's actual plan became clear, the biped blew apart in a grand explosion undoubtedly meant to kill the bounty.

Meanwhile, the real Moth was on a rock in eyes view of the village, sitting as one would on the beach. In fact, Moth had a supply of beverages beside him as the last video feed his poor dupe's armor had collected played through his helmet. Content that the bounty was probably dead, (but regretting that the gunslinger had to get in the way,) he rose from his seating position.

He had a bounty to collect.

EARLIER THAT DAY
“Two thirds of… seventy million?” the Gormak thug said, trying to get a mental figure of his share.
“Yes,” Moth replied, “that’s a lot of credits my friend, especially for just walking up to someone and shooting them.”
“Wait,” the Gormak said, prodding the center of Moth’s chest plate with his index finger, “If you some big shot bounty hunter, then why don’t you do it.”
“Because,” Moth retorted, “I’m deathly afraid of force users, and since you’re a Gormak and probably are more experienced at the whole killing “forcies” thing then me, am I right?”
The Gormak nodded quickly.
“Good, and because I don’t want to spoil my repute, your going to impersonate me, that’s why I’m making you wear this white armor, it’s not exactly like mine, but close enough to work. I’ll also be talking through your helmet and seeing what you’re seeing, just to make it more convincing.”
“But… if the bounty’s so high, then won’t she be tough?”
“Don’t worry my friend,” Moth said while patting the Gormak’s shoulder reassuringly, “I’ve made some special modifications to the armor, she won’t know what hit her.”
[member="Draco Vereen"][member="Chiasa Kritivaas"]

Fire exploded through my vision, detonating in a brilliant fire all around me. My chest and arms hurt like they had just been at the center of an explosion and they burned like all kinds of hell. I hadn't ever encountered a suicide bomber before, and arguably the only thing that saved me from immediate death was my armor, a massive expenditure, proven worth it again. I blinked my eyes open, at least I wasn't blinded. I wasn't going to be walking anywhere anytime soon but I would live, assuming I could get some medical assistance quickly.

I let go a groan and rolled to my side, piercing pain from broken ribs. I grabbed a small box from my belt and opened it, exposing a bacta and kolto shot. With shaking fingers I pulled them from their casing and injected myself with their contents. I laid there a moment letting the healing liquids move throughout my body, before rising. First Responders would be arriving soon, but I was already here and there was work to be done. I stood, seeing the burn marks all over the armor plates and the smoke rising from the body glove. I whistled "Get over here and help out with the wounded," I called to some random passerby's. Turning my head I looked to where the orange twi'lek had been, "You alright?" I asked [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"] .

[member="Moth"]

Expplosions were expanding waves of heat and force. So if you were quick enough, if you were paying attention and had already called the Force to you, force could meet Force, and a push could largely counteract a simple explosion.

Which when combined with armour was how the Twi'lek came to be still standing and relatively unhurt, if slightly singed.

"All I wanted."

She commented to the world at large.

"Was a force damned sandwich."

Aside from the bounty hunter, or bounty hunters pawn whatever, no one seemed to be dead or even particularly maimed. Most people having had the sense to clear the way when two armoured men started duking it out on the street, jetpacks and blasters and all. A few minor injuries, they would probably be fine and the Silver Jedi would likely soon be along to play clean up and patch up anyway. The only one who'd been properly hurt was [member="Draco Vereen"].

"I'm fine. You're not. I guess I owe you."

She approached him, eyeing him appraisingly, both physically and through the Force.

"Bacta doesn't realign bones boyo. I'm not a very good healer, this will likely hurt."

Twi'lek entered his personal space without much warning, one orange hand spreading over his midriff, the other on the exposed skin of his neck. Quite frankly she'd never actually tried this on anyone but herself, but she reckoned skin to skin contact likely made it easier.

Yellow eyes closed. This was much harder on someone else. She likely could have been gentler, but what she mostly wanted was speed, in case he protested. The ribs were realigned, and that almost definitely would not have felt pleasant, and she healed them a little. Not much. Enough that with the bacta they ought not to bother him as long as he didn't do any heavy lifting or get in any more fights for awhile.

Even that little bit, as she opened her eyes, drew her hands away and stepped back had black spots appearing in front of her eyes. She was dizzy, and just about done with Voss. Voss was terrible. Fake mystics, suicidal bounty hunters.. No thank you. The Silver Jedi could keep it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom