Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private You're My Only Hope

f238cead5b5a746a10e13ff238afcac5.gif

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: Armored Jumpsuit, Synthweave Tunic, Utility Belt, Appearance
Equipment: Lightsaber
Tag: Blaire Sal-Soren Blaire Sal-Soren , Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren , Jaa Ardan Jaa Ardan
Bri_Prof.png

The Jedi transport she’d taken on her mission with Aiden had set back on course for Coruscant earlier that morning, nearly a week after she’d been first given her assignment from Valery. Boarding with the other Jedi, Briana bid her goodbyes to Aiden and was on her way.

Only a mere few hours had gone by after take off, when a personal message had been transmitted to her transport. The small blue image of her brother reflected through the dome projector of the onboard astromech droid.

“If you’re receiving this message, then the worst has happened. During my journey in the Outer Rim, I believe I uncovered the potential location of our mother and was in route to launch a rescue. In the event that my ship is intercepted and I am taken prisoner, I’ve set this message to automatically find you. You’ll find the coordinates of my last known location and the potential star system where I believe the New Way is holding our mother, and might be taking me as well. Please come quickly. I fear you are our last hope… May the Force be with you.”

------------------------------------------------------------------

Three Days Later

The words seemed to echo for an eternity as they were spoken to the eldest of the triplets, the image of her brother looking more refined and together than she would have ever dared imagine.

“I’m afraid that’s all he’s left us with Mistress Sal-Soren,” came the voice of her bronze-plated protocol droid, trying to speak over the thousandth play through of the message. “He wasn’t very clear on the exact location. Hopefully you’ve made some sense out of it.” The astromech droid that Blaire had brought along whistled something that sounded condescending in tone, causing her own droid to take a step back. If his metal face would allow it, a look of surprise would have been obvious. “You shouldn’t say things like that! Of course Mistress Briana will figure it out." Another series of whistles came. “That’s because your programming is out of date. Skip an update, and you end up sounding ridiculous.”

Briana sighed, rubbing an exasperated hand over her face. “Why don’t the two of you make yourselves useful and go find my sister?” she suggested, hoping it’d get them out of her space for at least a moment, lest she dismantle the both of them and sell them for scrap metal.

After her transport arrived back to the Jedi temple three days earlier, Briana was surprised to find Blaire waiting for her, having been under the impression that Brandyn only sent her the message. Why Brandyn would send their sister the same transmission, Briana was unsure. Blaire was talented in many things, but to her knowledge those talents didn't extend beyond the Ballet Studio and humanitarian gigs. Maybe there was something about Blaire that Brandyn knew and she didn't? At least she’d had the good sense to bring along their mother’s customized Nubian Luxury Yacht, equipped to the teeth with both firepower and shielding.

Turning off the message from Brandyn before it could play for the twenty third time that day, she turned to see Blaire entering the room and gave her a curt nod. "I think I have a lead," Briana said, drawing up an image of her star map. "What do you know about the Vizcarra system?" She continued on, not waiting for an answer, pointing out a lone world at the far corner of the Outer Rim regions.

"Back in the day, Vizcarra was an Imperial Prison planet. It was rich in resources that Imperial Scientists exploited in a myriad of their research projects. They often used prisoners to harvest the materials under very ... unpleasant circumstances. After the Empire fell, the government tried to keep the planet under wraps. Of course, it was eventually found by the New Republic and the operations there were dismantled… but, rumor has it that a lot of their research is supposedly still on world. Unable to find these 'secrets', involving research on the eradication of Force Users, the New Republic left. Brandyn's told me a little about The New Way, and with the history and where the pings have been sending out from his last location… It seems like the kind of place they'd set up shop. I think it's at least worth looking into."

Briana passed a glance to her sister, trying to read her reaction. Her lips pursed together and she folded over her arms. "I know it’s a long shot, but we can't wait around anymore."

Briana_Div_2.png

Last edited:

BranHeader2.png

Bran_Div.png

Wearing: Glitterstim original
Equipment: Lightsaber [confiscated]
Tag: Blaire Sal-Soren Blaire Sal-Soren Jaa Ardan Jaa Ardan Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren
BranBorder3.png

The pool of thick warm liquid in his mouth had become to much. Brandyn promptly spat it to the side, splatting his blood across the wall. His vision was blurry, but it was still good enough to note that his blood had made a pattern akin to Wroshyr trees. What that said about his mental state was probably best left for others to decide.

"Are you just..."

He spat again, ruining his tree pattern on the wall.

"...going to keep hitting me, or are we going to get to the questions?"

The man before him responded with another impactful strike to Brandyn's gut. The Knight strained at his restrained hands as he doubled over in pain. He had woken to this. The last thing he remembered was the feeling that someone was on to him, and then it had all gone black. He had woken to a sharp strike across his face, and the sudden realization that the Force was absent from his mental periphery. The fear that had gripped him in that moment was palpable. Had he been hit with the same serum as Cybelle Elyance Cybelle Elyance ?

It was an odd sense of relief to see a caged ysalamir in the corner of the room. The lizard looked pale and poorly kept. Brandyn felt a pang of shame for its treatment, and concern about how he would get away from it.

Leaning back in his chair, and blinking in a purposefully slow manner, Brandyn finally regained his composure.

"At least one of us is having a good time, huh?"

His quip saw another sharp strike across his face. His attacker showing no signs of seeking information from the Jedi.

Bran_Div.png

VSKr8jG.png

Wearing | Outer Rim Regions, Nubian Luxury Yacht | Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren
KFHUFcQ.png

Blaire was gently nudged awake by a series of beeps and chirps from somewhere in the dark. She rolled over curling ever tighter in her bed sheets hoping that ignoring the beeps would make them go away.

They did not go away.

"What is it Four-B?" Blaire asked the droid without rolling over.

The droid chirped again.

"What do you mean a visitor?"

That doesn't seem right.

"Four-B, what time is it?" Blaire asked.

The droid chirped helpfully that <on Coruscant it is presently three hours, fourteen minutes, and twenty-four seconds past midnight.>

Of all the things to survive what happened on Naboo and follow Blaire not only to Hapes but now here on Coruscant, the most surprising was probably Jaa but Four-B was a close runner-up. The droid was built from scrap parts scavenged and salvaged by her sister Briana and her brother Brandyn years ago when they were kids. It had been Blaire and Briana that had put all the parts together and gotten the droid working…well almost, their first try at making Four-B work ended in a literal cloud of smoke. Shiraya's Blessing, it had taken weeks to scrub the ceiling clean. The droid had mostly been abandoned after that but once Briana and Brandyn left, Blaire went and fixed the droid up herself. She'd named it BBBB or Four-B after herself and her siblings who all had names that start with B since they all more or less helped put the droid together.

"Four-B it's too late…or…too early for visitors," Blaire said through a yawn.

The little astromech managed to sound aggrieved as it beeped something about overrides

Blaire sat up. There was a very short list of beings that knew those overrides. She instructed Four-B to bring Blaire her robe and shrugged it on, slipped her feet into a pair of slippers, and followed the droid out of the bedroom where she found her unexpected visitor.

A man stood in the living area of her apartment, his back to her as he stared out the large picture window. He was tall and broad with thick brown curls and dressed like he was ready to start a shift loading crates at the docks.

"Some view you got." He said when she caught the reflection of his familiar blue eyes in the window.

A genuine smile spread across her face to see him. There was a time when she was unable to go more than a few hours without seeing Jaa Ardan(even if she'd wanted to.) and now this was the first she had seen of him in weeks.

"How's a senator's aide afford a place like this, anyway? Not exactly the highest-paid gig in the galaxy is it? It truly does pay to be born with the proper last name." He teased in a 'Must-Be-Nice' sort of tone. Well, she took it as teasing even though Jaa undoubtedly meant it at least a little. That's what he did. He would poke fun at her wealth, status, or the luxury those things afforded her, all so he could feel better about not having those things. Jaa practically grew up in the same estate she did and more than once had benefited from his association with her family, specifically her father. even as children no matter how hard anyone tried, Jaa, had been determined to keep himself separate from them. In his mind, he was the working class hero toiling away, set against the old money and the old names, in spite of that old name lining his pockets with their old money.

"Shut up." She said to him through her grin.

There had been a bit of a stir when it came out that Blaire, the ballerina with a famous last name was going into politics. Coruscanti politics was hardly salacious enough to last one news cycle and so Blaire traded in being the paparazzi target of the week for being an afterthought in almost every room she entered.

She crossed the room and Jaa turned just in time for Blaire to throw her arms around her former personal bodyguard. When she came to Coruscant she'd asked if Jaa could join the senator's guard but it turns out that while Jaa's record isn't as public as Blaire's it is a sight more…criminal. So Jaa now works for her father full-time.

She had to stand on the tips of her toes for her arms to reach around his neck and even then she just barely could. She was surprised at how sad it made her that he hadn't wrapped his arms around her waist and lifted her from the floor.

The muscles in his back and neck were hard as stone and now that they were close Blaire could see the dark bags under his eyes and he smelled. Not bad necessarily but oddly for sure, like burnt caf and hyperspace fuel.

"What's wrong?" She asked pulling away from him. At first, she had taken the hour and manner of his arrival as Jaa just being Jaa but there was now a pit growing ever larger in her stomach.

"They've got Brandyn. We've got Brandyn. The New Way has captured your brother." Jaa said from a million miles away as her heart fell into that pit in her stomach. "I came here straight away once I found out."

"We have to go get him," Blaire said without hesitation. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She snapped at Jaa.

"You know damn well we cannot just go and get him," Jaa said. "First, I'm not even entirely certain where he is, I've got an idea but that's it. Second, your job is to be here on Coruscant in the senate building, networking, and information gathering—"

"So you go get him," Blaire interjected.

"No," Jaa said flatly.

"He's my brother," Blaire said flaring with anger.

"I know who he is but you think I can just go into one of our facilities and walk out with a Jedi, that Jedi in particular?" He asked.

"Probably," Blaire said.

"Not without someone dying and do you really think I should be going around killing our own?" He asked absurdly genuinely. She gave him a harsh and knowing glare.

"Blaire, blasting through an entire facility to rescue Brandyn is not the same as finding the cell members that bombed Coruscant. They hurt the cause."

Blaire knew that her father had had Jaa travel through the galaxy trying to find those responsible for the attack on Coruscant. They'd all wisely gone to ground after but Jaa was resourceful, all it would take is time and then the rest of The New Way would see what happened to those that crossed Baros Sal-Soren.

"And what about Bran?"

"That is the cause!" He snapped frustratedly.
"I know it isn't fair—" he began softly.

"Don't." She told him, clenching her fists and trying to will back the tears slowly rolling down her cheeks. "What if my father told you to go?" She asked.

"I'd tell him what I told you, change comes at a cost."

"And if he told you to go anyway?"

"I'd go."

She laughed at his honesty.

"Well, I'm telling you to go anyway." She said,

"You're not your father."

"I refuse to believe daddy would just leave Bran." She stated forcefully.

"I haven't been able to get in contact with Baros for over a week. I've tried all the traditional methods and even some less-than-traditional ones and still nothing. Your dad is in the wind. Why do you think I'm here telling you about Bran."

Blaire didn't think her heart could fall any further but hearing that her father was unreachable, unable to make things right, dropped it through the bottom of her stomach pit and right down to the planet's core.

"Jaa," Blaire said with a gasp of realization "Jaa, they could use the cure on Bran. Jaa that could kill him. Shiraya's Breath." Panic was beginning to set in. "Jaa we have to go, please, please, Jaa, please."

Jaa tried to calm the full-blown panic attack that was bursting from her, but where once he wouldn't have hesitated to pull her close, he took a half step and stopped.

"Jaa…" her voice was barely more than a whisper but the plea was unmistakable.

"I can't go." He said.

"Can't or won't?"

"Both. Either. Does it matter?"

Somewhere in the planet's core, her heart broke.

"You can't go either." He said. "You are a senator's aide and that's all. You wanted to be involved, to help me, to help your father, to help the cause, well this is it. You help by being here. I'm sorry."

"Fuck you."

Good. She thought when she saw the sting of her words land.

Jaa headed for the door. Blaire made no move to stop him and to Jaa Ardan's credit or perhaps credit to his thickheadedness he left without so much as a glance.

Blaire took a moment to rage and to cry but only a moment, time was her enemy. Once her moment was over she busied herself with changing into a more appropriate outfit and she packed herself a gear bag.

Half an hour later she was stood outside Briana's door, greeted by her droid, and an hour after that they were in hyperspace.

"Mistress?"

A tinny mechanical voice said from the doorway. She glanced up from her seat on a rather large bed in one of the cabins of the luxury yacht. There staring at her expectantly was her astromech Four-B and Briana's protocol droid. It was the bronze-colored protocol droid that had addressed her.

"What is it?" Blaire asked, maybe a bit sharply.

Four-B chirped helpfully that her sister was asking after her. Blaire managed not to roll her eyes. Well, almost managed. It had been three days of relative silence between the sisters with Bri's droid doing all it could to fill the silence with its mechanical voice. It had taken some convincing before Briana had agreed to let Blaire tag along but in the end, she had conceded after Blaire reminded her of this very ship they were now in and Bri had mentioned something about a message from Brandyn that he'd sent the two of them. At first, Blaire hadn't a clue what message her sister had been on about but eagerly claimed to have received it so that Bri would quit arguing with her.

The droids led Blaire to where her sister was and Briana greeted her presence with a nod.

"I think I have a lead," Briana said, drawing up an image of her star map. "What do you know about the Vizcarra system?" She continued on, not waiting for an answer, pointing out a lone world at the far corner of the Outer Rim regions.

Blaire listened to Briana's history lesson. Her reasoning was solid. No one could accuse her sister of not being smart. Habitually overconfident and criminally overpraised, perhaps, but Briana was no dummy.

At the very first mention of Vizcarra Blaire removed a palm-sized datapad from her pocket and connected it to a port in Four-B. The droid chirped something about 'permission' and Blaire ignored it.

She scrolled through a set of files only the droid could give her access to until she found what she was looking for.

The Vizcarra facility was listed as decommissioned over a year ago. Blaire reasoned that could only mean a handful of things: either they were following a dead end, Bran was being held by a rouge faction of The New Way– another rouge faction– or there were clearances amongst the group that even she didn't have. She found none of these to be very appealing.

The glance Briana spared toward her sister would clearly catch the concern she felt. The reason for these concerns would remain a mystery though it would be easy to presume it to solely be her worry for Brandyn.

"I know it's a long shot, but we can't wait around anymore." Bri said to her.

"Surprisingly, I agree," Blaire said tucking the datapad back in her pocket without so much as an acknowledgment that she'd ever taken it out at all.

"This is the sort of thing you do, right? Like you're good at it?" Blaire asked her sister trying to sound conversational. She might have meant Jedi in general but both sisters knew she was asking if Bri specifically was good at this. This was a far cry from their conversation at Breha's bedside. Blaire was not being confrontational but rather searching for any bit of light in her world that had gone suddenly and dramatically dark.

VSKr8jG.png

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: Armored Jumpsuit, Synthweave Tunic, Utility Belt, Appearance
Tag: Blaire Sal-Soren Blaire Sal-Soren , Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren
Bri_Prof.png

It was so unusual not to get a snippy rebuttal from her sister or some snarky quip about the, ‘enjoyment of hearing herself talk’, that when Briana heard Blaire agree without the need for convincing or a lengthy argument, her brows shot up in surprise. “Good,” she replied simply, closing down the star map and moving to the navigation center where she could put in the necessary coordinates.

"This is the sort of thing you do, right? Like you're good at it?"

Her fingers stopped their keystrokes, hovering above the console. “...Usually, yes.” she replied, her response lacking its usual hubris that was often accompanied by fanfare and boasting, tactics she’d often employed to goad her siblings into exaggerated bouts of moans and grumbles. “But there are a lot of variables at play and I’ve never had to try and infiltrate a highly-secure facility on my own like this. Normally, I’d have a team of highly-trained Jedi for something of this caliber.” She left off the part of Blaire being one of those unknown variables, but she was sure her younger sister caught her meaning, “Which is why we won’t be going in, blasters blazing.”

--------------------------------------------

Facility_1.png

There weren’t many places to hide on a barren and stripped world like Vizcarra, which mostly consisted of dead forests and flat terrain, but they’d managed, huddling themselves on a hill overlooking the very in-use Imperial prison facility below.

They’d been observing the patterns of the guards for the better part of four hours, gathering intel in what could only be described as less than ideal weather, her cheeks glowing red and the feeling in her limbs numbed from the raindrops that poured down with torrential force.

The back entrance of the facility seemed oddly sparse in security, having only noted two guards, what looked to be salvaged, Imperial-grade probe droids canvassing the area, and a few hover platforms transporting crates.

With a sigh, she lowered the binoculars and handed them over to Blaire.

“They’re getting ready to change shifts,” she mentioned, urging her sister to take a look for herself while fruitlessly endeavoring to pull the hood of her cloak closer to her face for some semblance of warmth. “I’m assuming you remember how to use a blaster from those lessons Mom use to make us take as kids,” reaching down, she pulled the spare blaster she kept on herself from its holster and demonstrated how to shoot it, “I put the setting on stun, understand? While I take care of the probe droids I need you to stun the officers and take their uniforms, make sure to grab their clearance badges so we can get inside and have B-Four download a map of the facility. We know they change shifts every few hours, which gives us some time to get in and find Brandyn, hopefully before they sound any alarms and attract unwanted attention.”

There was a pause of hesitation as she passed the blaster to Blaire, grasping it firmly before yielding it into her sister's possession. “You should know that I don’t feel Brandyn down there.” her lips pursed tightly together and her brows furrowed over her cerulean eyes, “that could mean a few different things,” Briana stated matter of factly, “if this is indeed a New Way facility, they may have Force dampeners keeping me from using my abilities at full capacity and preventing me from finding Brandyn through our bond. Meaning, we’ll be a lot more exposed down there and we’ll have to do twice the work. There isn’t a lot of room for error. It could also mean they’ve used this so-called ‘cure’ on our brother… or…” she inhaled, releasing her grip on the blaster, attempting to push down her darkest thoughts.

“Just try and be ready for whatever we find.” She clasped a hand on Blaire’s shoulder, trying to be encouraging, sisterly even. It was a foreign feeling. They rarely had these kinds of moments together, spending most of their time fighting against one another rather than trying to work as a team. “Now, let’s go down there and show them why it's unwise to take on a Sal-Soren.”

Briana_Div_2.png

VSKr8jG.png

Wearing | Defunct Imperial Facility, Vizcarra | Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren
KFHUFcQ.png

“They’re getting ready to change shifts,” Briana told her, shoving a set of binos at her. Blaire took a look. Two guards, both young, both human, and mercifully not anyone she recognized.

“I’m assuming you remember how to use a blaster from those lessons Mom use to make us take as kids,” Briana began as she laid out a plan. When she finished she held out the blaster for Blaire to take.

“Thanks…” Blaire said rummaging through the gear bag she had insisted on dragging along to their stake out despite Bri’s protests. Out of the bag she produced three differently shaped pieces of black metal that could have easily been confused with machine parts. Blaire pulled a multitool from a pouch on her person and fiddled with what she had taken from her gear bag, putting pieces here and there until she had done it just the way Jaa had shown her and the three parts were now one clearly recognizable object. A blaster rifle.

“...brought my own.” Blaire put the rifle to her shoulder and aimed down at the two guards, calibrating the weapon’s optics. Looking for all intent and purpose like someone who had done this before. “This one matches my eyes don’t you think?” She quipped.

“Briana, I am not stealing their clothes. This isn’t the empire or whatever, they aren’t uniformed and no way they have enough people here to run the whole place,”

I hope.

“We get the access cards, we get in and we avoid being seen at all costs, I don’t think it matters what we wear, if they see us they will know we don’t belong.”

Was Blaire speaking with general knowledge about The New Way and their operations through first-hand experience? Yes, absolutely. A fringe op on a world like this was not bound to be big, one on a facility that should have been abandoned was likely to be even more intimate, that was not something to share with Briana though, not entirely anyway.

“if this is indeed a New Way facility, they may have Force dampeners keeping me from using my abilities at full capacity and preventing me from finding Brandyn through our bond. Meaning, we’ll be a lot more exposed down there and we’ll have to do twice the work. There isn’t a lot of room for error. It could also mean they’ve used this so-called ‘cure’ on our brother… or…” Briana said her words trailing off.

Blaire knew what she wasn’t saying and was furious that she’d even have the thought. “Bran’s too stubborn for any of that,” Blaire told her. “Maybe you’re just not as good at the force as you thought?” She suggested playfully. Mostly playfully.

“Now, let’s go down there and show them why it's unwise to take on a Sal-Soren.”

“After you, Four-B and I will be right behind you. Briana, do take that blaster with you, ancient weapons and hoky religions are no match for a good blaster at your side. Happy hunting.”

Blaire took up a prone position on the rain-soaked hill and stared down the sights of her rifle.

Don’t hold your breath, Blaire.

A voice that sounded like Jaa Ardan said in her head. She flipped a switch on the rifle and set it to stun. Her forearms sank into the muddy ground as she tried to push herself up. She got to a knee, scanned through the rifle’s sights again and dropped back to prone.

There was nothing between them. A rain soaked field and nothing more. Not so much a bare rock to take cover behind. The stun setting in her rifle would require her to get a lot closer but the lack of cover would make that difficult verging on impossible unless she took the long long way around.

She stared down the sights, notched the switch back, and gently squeezed the trigger. A flash of red flared from the end of the rifle and one of the guards dropped cold to the ground, smoke billowing gently from him. His partner barely had time to look shocked when she fired again. This time she missed and the blaster bolt struck the wall near her target eliciting a shower of sparks.

Four-B chimed in quite helpfully that she seemed to have struck the control panel.

“Chit.” She muttered under her increasing rapid breathing. She fired again and missed again. Her target took cover the best he could in the doorway, unable to get inside. She fired again and missed again. The remaining guard put his hand to his mouth.

comms.

She thought desperately.

She fired again and the target went down screaming.

That could have gone better

She thought over the screams of the wounded man. She had to hope that Briana was having more success.

VSKr8jG.png

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: XoXo
Tag: Blaire Sal-Soren Blaire Sal-Soren , Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren , SID-10S "Sid" SID-10S "Sid"
Bri_Prof.png

With Blaire's push back, Briana's face twisted, turning into a frown. "And how would you know that? Got some secret insider scoop on how the New Way runs their circus, feeding you information?" she argued, gritting her teeth and following it up with an exaggerated eye roll, fighting against her instincts to launch into one of their more typical sibling squabbles. "Fine, whatever."

Watching Blaire casually whip out a rifle gun and put it together was a bit... unsettling, but impressive. Briana was fairly certain that she wouldn't have learned that with the Ballet company and had spent enough time with Aiden Rennek Aiden Rennek to recognize someone familiar with their weapon. She’d have to ask her more about it when they weren’t pressed for time.

"After you, Four-B and I will be right behind you. Briana, do take that blaster with you, ancient weapons and hoky religions are no match for a good blaster at your side. Happy hunting."

Briana arched a brow, silently wondering if she was directly quoting Jaa. "Be careful," she told Blaire with a meaningful glance, re-holstering the blaster she’d previously offered. "I don't need to rescue two siblings today."

Knowing Blaire was skilled enough to use a rifle made the decision to leave her behind easier, assuming she knew what she was doing. Shooting at targets that were by and large stationary, was a lot different than being on the field and putting those skills into practice. Practice targets didn't shoot back.

At a paced, but careful jog, Briana moved, using the Force to direct and guide her, crushing the first probe with little resistance before vaulting over one of the crates and crouching down for cover.

Sensing droids was always a little trickier, in that it was not looking for what was, but for what wasn’t. Given their inorganic matter it was impossible for any Jedi to sense them, but Briana being Briana, looked for a way around that blind spot, picking up on the disruption they caused in the flow of the Force; similar to the way a boulder blocked the flow of a river, so too did the Force flow around the void.

Keeping herself open to the Force, she waited until that distinct disruption moved towards her, fingers curling tightly around the hilt of her blade in anticipation to strike as it edged closer, until…

The distinct sound of not two blasts, but several, erupted in the near distance, causing the droid to take pause. Its grabby appendages indecisively opened and closed several times before choosing to change directions, drawn to the sound like a magnet.

“Ah, Sith spit.” Briana cursed beneath her breath.

The last thing they needed was a probe getting footage and sending out an alert. She’d have to act.

Forced out of her position, Briana pressed the Force into her feet and leapt into the air, letting it guide her to land just behind the probe. Before it could turn and respond or put up shielding, her blade was ignited, slicing the droid in two and leaving it a sizzling mess in the mud, the smell of smoke and contorted metal quickly washed away in the rain.

Glancing up from the droid, Briana disengaged her blade and clipped it back to her belt, leaving to meet up with Blaire.

Her eyes fell on the mess of the two dead sentinels as she approached the back entrance, a deep breath exhaling from her lungs, “I told you to stun them, not kill them.” she shook her head and knelt down, rummaging through their pockets until she found the card keys, passing one off to Blaire while their eccentric astromech, B-Four, lazily hooked his datajack arm into the computer socket.

“Any time now,” Briana pressed impatiently, getting a distinctly mocking whistle in response. “When was the last time you upgraded B-Four? He’s picked up about a dozen new and annoying habits. I’m getting a little tired of the sass.”

B-Four interjected with a whirr before her compact computer lit up. “Well it’s about time,” she quipped, clicking the screen on her wrist to light up a detailed map of the facility. “I’m guessing they keep prisoners on the bottom level, and it looks like there’s a turbolift not too far ahead. Good work B.”

Briana_Div_2.png

Last edited:

RKVcyqT.png

Equipment: Blaster Pistol
Tags: Blaire Sal-Soren Blaire Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren

There was a breach in the system.

At least old protocols and diagnostics had calculated that to be the most likely conclusion drawn by the presented data.

Audio receptors picked up minute deviations outside the confines of the facility. The audio receptacles aimed to the ceiling until the deviant auditory emissions ceased. All inconsistent from the gathered information that 10's had been permitted to record.

The droid had found its current owners to be a distrustful collection of immensely smooth brained organics.

Apprehensive to allow the previously well tuned security droid access to their, secure network. 10's rationalizations of this requirement to increase the projected speed of security screenings. With this relatively foolproof logic, it procured the holonet link it required.

Access into their exclusive network had permitted the droid insight to their end goal.

Along side updating out of cycle hardware and access the electronic storage system that was quietly maintained of its own design.

Untethered time brief within the standard minute and twelve seconds before his access privileges were restricted. The offered calculations alongside suggested adjustments to their plan met with scrutiny, paired with a deeply rooted level of mistrust as well as alarm for their acquisitions knowledge.

In the process of routine maintenance only a few standard hours after the exchange, 10's found his vocabulator tampered and improperly functioning. With the limited communicative ability, the conclusion of his inquiry was that of skepticism and organic paranoia.

A trait organics clung to in a similar fashion as a bantha tick to its favored source of nourishment.

The shutters of its photoreceptors clacked sharply, alerting the biological near it to its operational state. They turned, letting their visual organs roam the droids exterior before inquiring as to the droids intentions.

"In--usi----tec--" 10's waiting for 1.4 standard seconds to process the irrationality of its degrading vocabulator. The shutters of its lenses focusing in mock irritation.

A weary set of clicks, whirs, and chirps as 10's explained its course of action.

Silence filled their quarter of the hallway, features on the organics cranial structure contorting in a way that projected an eighty-seven percent likelihood of processing the droid speak 10's had been reduced to.

"Uh. No? We're staying put. Maintenance will deal with it."

Incompetent meatbag. A silent train of assessment that flitted across the droids processor's. A continuing assessment in light of the biologicals ongoing inability to be concerned with the sudden deviation of corresponding programming.

Only reaching half of its total height, 10's crouched down once more and allowed the servos in each of its extended limbs to settle into their optimal position of sudden actuation.

The projected probabilities of an incursion still fillings its databank as it refreshed itself upon its allowed combat capabilites.

The magnetic latch securing its only ranged armament alongside the hip connection of its leg actuators. The legs in question folded and awaiting their signal to rapidly deploy 10's to their full height.

In corridors meant to be comfortable for the smaller organics that spent an extended amount of time stationed here, 10's form filled the entire corridor while only allowing for seventy-three point four-nine of its total height being allowed.

A nuisance when it's presence at full height and stride would strike fear into the unprepared.

The turbolift in the adjacent hallway quietly humming with energy passing through the structure. 10's engaging their low power setting in response to the meatbags unwillingness to act upon troubling data. Thus limiting itself to passive sensors and systems as it waited for the predesignated protocols to activate itself once more.

KFHUFcQ.png

The rain-soaked walk from her spot on the hill down to where the two guards lay in the mud seemed to be the longest of her life and yet compared to what happened next it seemed to go by in a flash.

As she had gotten closer and closer to what had to be done, she was sure the screaming would be the worst part, and yes, the screaming was awful and would undoubtedly keep her from sleep but the worst of it was the smell. She hadn’t been prepared for that. The stink of mud, fear, soiled clothes, and burnt flesh was so visceral it stained her to the bone.

She was only feet away from the screaming man now. He was young, older than her perhaps but still too young to be lying shot in the mud, which stained his otherwise sandy-colored hair. The two of them locked eyes and the guard stopped screaming and to her shock and horror began pleading.

“Help…help me…please, please, I need…help.”

He had no way of knowing that she was the one that put him here in the mud. Not that it mattered. He had no room for rational thought, only desperation and terror.

“I’m sorry.” She told him, her words muffled by the scarf she used to obscure her face.

From a sheath on her hip, she produced a vibrodagger. A gift from Jaa.

“It’s too small.” She’d complained when he handed her the weapon.

“It’s big enough.” Jaa said “now pay attention. If you ever have to use the thing, aim here and here,” he jabbed two fingers hard into the lower part of her sides. “That there is the kidneys. Never knew a man to live long after getting stabbed in the kidneys. A stab to the gut is easier but less certain and more timely, throat that is an obvious one, makes a hell of a mess though, and right there,” He said, jabbing her hard in the chest with the same two fingers “right there is the heart. Trouble with that is the ribs, so if you plan on sticking it there, you can’t hesitate and you have to commit.”

Today in the mud on some world forgotten by the whole galaxy save for a few unfortunate handful, Blaire did not hesitate. She practically leaped to put enough weight into her blow and still, she feared it hadn’t been enough when the man turned his head to look at her. He opened his mouth to speak and nothing more than a gurgle and a trail of dark red blood slowly fell.

Blaire stood and moved a few paces from the dead men. She held her hands out, one fist still curled around the handle of her dagger, and watched as the rain fruitlessly but ceaselessly washed away the blood. There should be some sort of thought that traveled through her mind. Something that would put into perspective the enormity of what had gone on here. That was what should happen but Blaire could only focus on her regret for leaving her rifle back on the hill. They were to go into the facility, that weapon would be Ill-advised to carry along for something so close quarters. Shiraya’s Heart, she was starting to sound like Jaa.

Damn the man to the seven hells, he should have been here. This was what he did. She was a ballerina for feth sake, never even been violent, not truly, and in less than ten minutes she had killed two men and for what?

For Brandyn.

For the cause.

For myself.

She stood with her arms out in the rain long enough to hope she was clean, though somehow she doubted that. She put her dagger back on her belt. Four-B trilled and Blaire turned and saw her sister.

“I told you to stun them, not kill them.” Briana said shaking her head and kneeling to rummage through their pockets until she found the card keys, passing one off to Blaire

“Sorry, must not have heard you,” Blaire said. A fallow attempt at sounding herself.

In truth, Blaire blanched at Briana’s callousness.

She watched Bri search the bodies, an emptiness growing inside her. They had been people. Not longer than ten minutes ago. They’d had dreams, hope, a future. Blaire had taken that from them.

Better them than you. Spoke the unhelpful and unconvincing voice of Jaa Ardan

Briana held out a key card for Blaire. She grabbed the key card from her sister, her body running on autopilot while her mind could do little more than marvel at the practised indifference Briana displayed.

Had the rain truly washed the blood from her hands or was her sister incapable of recognizing that it wasn’t supposed to be there?

B-Four, lazily hooked his datajack arm into the computer socket.

“Any time now,” Briana pressed impatiently, getting a distinctly mocking whistle in response. “When was the last time you upgraded B-Four? He’s picked up about a dozen new and annoying habits. I’m getting a little tired of the sass.”

“B does his best,” Blaire said defensively of the one thing from home that had never left her. “He wouldn’t sass you if you didn’t take that tone with him. He’s smart, you know.”

B-Four interjected with a whirr before her compact computer lit up. “Well it’s about time,” Briana quipped, clicking the screen on her wrist to light up a detailed map of the facility. “I’m guessing they keep prisoners on the bottom level, and it looks like there’s a turbolift not too far ahead. Good work B.”

“Lead the way,” Blaire said. “Oh and if you're not using that blaster…”
VSKr8jG.png

BranHeader2.png

Bran_Div.png

Tag: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Blaire Sal-Soren Blaire Sal-Soren SID-10S "Sid" SID-10S "Sid"
BranBorder3.png

The most recent strike across his face was the one that did it. Brandyn was half way through a pale attempt at a witty retort when he blacked out and his head flopped forward. His mind opened to what lay beyond.

Bedecked in dark armour, Brandyn stood on the bridge of a warship. Feelings of triumph filled his mind. Beside him, face clouded from his vision, the figure of a dark and evil woman loomed. He did not fear her. Instead, he reveled. He looked back toward the door of the bridge as is hissed open.

His old Jedi Master Valery Noble Valery Noble and one of her padawan were dragged through the door by soldiers of Brandyn's forces. Brandyn stood from his throne, the woman following suit but with less haste and more purposeful control. Within seconds, Brandyn was before noble. His red blade shimmering. He didn't even recall igniting it. But there was hesitation.

This wasn't right.

It was an echo of a different Brandyn, a weaker Brandyn, speaking in the windless cavern of the bridge, turned throne room.

Now he was on the battle field. Noble and her Miralukan padawan still on their knees before him. Their sabers lay destroyed at their side. Tiredness in their eyes. Resignation to their fate.

Fire, smoke, the songs of thousand lightsabers, and Brandyn heard the cries of the last moments of the vanquished as he stood there, yet more spiritually lifeless Jedi, kneeling on the ground in front of he and his queen. The dark woman's gaze peeked beyond the shroud of her dark red hood to fall on Brandyn. She stepped over a lifeless Jedi. Walking toward Brandyn but still quite a few steps away. "There is only one path. And only I can light the way forward…"

Darkness filled the heart of the little boy who would play Jedi. His saber slashed down over Noble and then her padawan, fulfilling part one of his pledge - he had cut off the head of the Jedi. Now the Order would fall.

::Special guest contributor Velda Nar-Donna Velda Nar-Donna ::

Bran_Div.png

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: XoXo
Tag: Blaire Sal-Soren Blaire Sal-Soren , SID-10S "Sid" SID-10S "Sid" , Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren
Bri_Prof.png

Despite her training and experience having prepared her for countless high-stress situations, Briana could feel her heart racing with an anxious beat as they cautiously made their way through the dimly-lit facility. In contrast to her usual assignments, the personal stakes and the uncertainties made it challenging to maintain her composure and concentration; the consistent echo of their footsteps against the metal walls an unnerving reminder of their trespass into hostile territory.

Becoming aware of what sounded like a heavier footfall drawing near, Briana froze, the muscles tensing in her shoulders as she reached out through the Force to detect if someone was nearby. A swift hand gesture motioned her sister to halt, "Stop," Briana commanded firmly, her gaze focused and intense.

Indicating to a shadowy recess, she guided them into the cover of darkness that it provided and pressed against the wall.

Moments later the guard ambled passed them, Briana taking a quiet and measured breath to maintain her calm, fingers moving to rest on the hilt of her lightsaber, preparing for potential conflict, silently hoping they'd remain unnoticed. Fortunately, the guard seemed oblivious to the fact that they were there, proceeding along what she assumed was a routine patrol route.

Cautiously peeking around from their mostly concealed vantage point, she watched as the man disappeared around a nearby corner leading to another corridor en route to their objective, quickly realizing that they'd potentially be taking a risk in crossing paths with him - and possibly other unforeseen adversaries - if they were to reach the Turbolift and rescue their captured brother.

Eyeing Blaire cautiously, she whispered, "I only sense one person, but we still need to move carefully from here, so keep alert. Once we reach the Turbolift access, I'll use my abilities to create a minor distraction to lure him and any others that might be there, away. Hopefully, we'll slip by unnoticed."

In all honesty, no amount of preparation could fully ready them for the unknown challenges that lay ahead, even with a cursory plan in place, which was more of Briana's attempt at having perceived control over an otherwise chaotic and dangerous scenario.

Gathering up her resolve, she pushed them forward, drawing closer to their destination and with any luck... Brandyn.

Briana_Div_2.png

Last edited:

lHsUUNx.png

Equipment: Blaster Pistol
Tags: Blaire Sal-Soren Blaire Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren
Ks2jbue.png

The ambient sound of a being drawing near did nothing to disengage the low power mode 10's had entered. Even the slight tremor through the floor when the organic patrol route entered their corridor inside the low capacity sensor range had no effect on drawing 10's from their stupor.

An unannounced arrival was only a relevant issue by a margin of 11.6 percent.

The patrol likely an arrival that was just as probable of being an assigned officer. Or whomever the local meatbags had designated as a ranking officer equivalent.

The difference from the droids previous system of authority had been disconcerting. No clear symbols or denoted rank emblems to give transparency aside from the ever shifting collection of information that 10's had been removed from.

And staunch limits on their memory capacity for facial recognition to be wiped at regular intervals did little to aid in that.

Which accounted for over 77.2 percent of the rationalization to the lack of decorum expressed by the droid. The offended parties usually more annoyed at the droids presence than lack of recognition, and a topic they seemed hesitant to broach. But that was a moot point for the droid.

One that the meatbags seldom tried to rectify.

10's processors ran down to a meager 17 percent of their usual capacity while waiting for their patrol cycle to terminate and be reassigned to the lower levels. Tertiary systems enabling a full diagnostic to be ran while maintaining the minimum required attentiveness to 10's surrounding area.

10's organic escort sharing a small nod to the patrolling guard with no recognition for the droid squatted down beside them. Pausing in their patrol, the wandering organic set their rifle into an easy carry, cradled in their arms as 10's logged the pause in required patrol duties to engage in what was with a high percentage of certainty to be unrelated discussions.

The process of diagnostics nearing complete when the two began to speak of entirely personal matters while on duty after their topical discussion of pertinent information had run its course.

lHsUUNx.png

KFHUFcQ.png

The silence was hostile. No, it was unbearable. Every moment, every step brought them closer to being discovered and then what? Would she be recognized? If she were? Would they free her? Listen to her? Would Bran and Briana learn how involved she was with The New Way? Would she have to condone whatever they would do to her brother and sister? Would she have to watch?

"Stop," Briana commanded, mercifully taking Blaire away from her worries.

They took cover and watched breathlessly as a patrol strolled past their position without so much as a glance toward them. Blaire's knuckles were white from clutching the grip of her pistol so tightly. She released a grateful sigh and relaxed her grip just slightly.

"I only sense one person, but we still need to move carefully from here, so keep alert. Once we reach the Turbolift access, I'll use my abilities to create a minor distraction to lure him and any others that might be there, away. Hopefully, we'll slip by unnoticed." Briana explained.

Blaire swallowed hard and nodded at her sister. She understood the plan and was ready to do her part, whatever that was.
VSKr8jG.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom