Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You'll Never Believe It.

Who could he turn to? The Silver Jedi had become the very thing he had ran from. Those who used violence to force others into submission. Justified their actions with secrets and 'We know better than you.' How could he trust a council that wouldn't tell him everything and treat him like a child when all he wanted to do was push for peace, like Jedi were suppose to?

The Jedi Order, not the Silvers. Maybe there he could get the answers he needed without it being shrouded by secrecy. He knocked on [member="Jyoti Nooran"] 's room on the Vingilot. "Master, I.. Have questions I need answered."

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." ~ Unknown

Outfit

Like most evenings, Jyoti had retired to her personal quarters, now behind her computer desk, though her work was far from over. It was here that she usually knocked out her administrative duties for the day before really resting. Checking manifests, signing off on work orders, reviewing after action reports, etc. No one would consider admin work glamorous by any stretch of the imagination, but it was a job as important as any other. There was a steady series of clicks as her fingers flew over a mechanical keyboard at an ungodly pace.

However, silence suddenly returned to a room as a knock interrupted her furious typing session.

She recognized the voice on the other side from a recent orientation. The Zambrano boy. Good timing, actually, as she had been meaning to talk with him. As a scion of Carnifex, he would have been revered within Sith Empire with all the privileges and pleasures that came with his exalted status. He would have never wanted for anything.

Yet in the end, he had apparently walked away from it all.

How, and why? Those were the burning questions she now had for him.

"Just a moment," she called out, locking up her computer. Standing, she kicked her boots under the desk, and folded her sash over the top of the chair.

Now at the doorway, she pressed on a pad to slide open the door, meeting him with a smile.

"Mr. Zambrano, good evening." She gave him a respectful nod as one Jedi to another. "Please, come in."

She moved from out in front of the entrance to let him pass. Inside, he would find a large but sparsely decorated cabin, barely touched from its original days as use as a senior officer quarters. The highlights were a few potted plants set up against one wall, and some holo-pics of her family on the desk. Her husband and children still lived in an Echani enclave on Kiribi, which was her real home.

She motioned at the low chairs set up in the far corner of the room, furnished just for situations like these.

"So, what's on your mind?" she asked as she took a seat.

While his mind was blank to her as an Epicantrix, it was clear that something was bothering him by reading his body language, but as she had little experience with the man, she could only guess as to what.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

Mr. Zambrano? Kahlil laughed nervously, scratching at the back of his head. "I think Kahlil is fine. Or Padawan Kahlil. Sometimes I think casually tossing around Zambrano will invite the boogyman to come." Not that it would. Oh, if it did he'd of been dead countless times over now. He followed her in, taking a moment to glance around. So this was the room of a Master?

It seemed no different from a normal room, honestly.

He took a seat across from [member="Jyoti Nooran"] , his hands folded on his lap. Right to business. "I.. Find myself at a crossroads. The Silver Jedi are going to launch war against the Mandalorians, and refuse to speak with them. Their assembly wouldn't even explain all of the details behind it. As Veiere himself said '"Be aware that there are also details that I cannot disclose due to my position, and the hierarchy here which is in place for security purposes, as well as continued acting procedure long since before my time with the Silver Jedi...'. It troubles me greatly that Jedi would hide things from other Jedi when they claim we must go to war."

Jyoti chuckled as he gave her his preferences for being addressed. Admittedly, it was a bit weird for her to ever say Zambrano in a positive light, but she liked being polite.

"Kahlil it is," she said with a nod. "Then I suppose by that token, you may call me Jyoti if you like."

After a bit of levity, the discussion turned serious again as Kahlil voiced his grievances. The Silver Jedi was now on the warpath, following the CIS and CIC into their fight against the UCM. That fact alone may have raised eyebrows, but it was the lack of transparency in the prosecution of war that really bothered her.

Yet another sign that the SJO was changing, unlikely for the better.

"Oh Veiere..." she started with a heavy sigh. "I don't have any idea what he's talking about. The Assembly always strived for transparency, so that all our members understood why the SJO pursued any policy. A Jedi's work is dangerous, so each member deserves to be informed on why they take any action that could risk their lives. Needless to say, I find these attempts at obfuscation concerning. This is how politicians operate when they don't want to be questioned. The Mandalorians are certainly no saints in all this, but now the SJO has the leverage to seek a peaceful resolution without more bloodshed."

"With that said, are the Mandalorians even open to dialogue at this point? The SJO has made peaceful overtures in the past, but talks broke down over their obsession with annexing Roche."

The asteroid belt held almost a religious significance to the Mandalorians since a fateful battle against the defunct Galactic Republic, but the problem was that it was the home of Verpine, who certainly weren't keen on relinquishing their sovereignty. The Silver Jedi would never compel them to do it, so they were at an impasse.

"Perhaps if the Mandalorians finally gave up on the Roche, and reigned in the barbarism of the Australis Clan, that could be a enough to end hostilities, at least with the SJO. If we could get Mandalore to reach out to the SJO offering real concessions, then that would be something."

She had her differences with the Silver Jedi today, but she still loved them like family. The last thing she wanted for them was to be consumed by war, and unravel everything they had built in the Mid Rim.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

"When I spoke to Mand'alor she seemed surprised that a Jedi would even speak to her. To them, the Silvers are just as unwilling to speak as the Silvers believe them to be. No one will take the first step." Kahlil was frustrated beyond all belief with the situation. To him, life had been filled with war. It was easy. His father, siblings. Even he casually ended the lives of thousands through battle and bloodshed.

It was a life he hated.

"Do you think that might change anything? The CIS are on a genocide, looking to kill all Mandalorians that aren't theirs. The Silvers even helped. I worry the Sith influence of them has warped the Jedi."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom