Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You, Me and Trouble

[member="Coren Starchaser"]​
"Ok I'll see what I can do. Eva and Ava are still there working maybe they made some friends. I'll approach the First Order myself see if any of them want to be my friend, come have a drink." For a moment concern touched into her green eyes then she let it go she would do what she could. That's the right thing, the helpful thing.

"No rifles that means like sitting down, or laying down not that I don't mind laying down, but rifles just don't fit me Coren. I like a side arm, something I can grab, aim shoot and run when needed. Course I can also shoot it from laying down or sitting down..either way more versatile for me. So Flyboy what are you recommending. Cause I'm ready to blow a hole in a target."

Big holes to help ease her frustration and anxiety, was that the same thing? her mind just eh well..did what she could.

"Tell me something that makes me warm and fuzzy" She smiled.

When she mentioned the First Order, Starchaser visibly flinched. “Getting them to be your friend may take all your wiles. I mean, I’m sure their officers are all starved for attention…” And he knew [member="Rekha Kaarde"] well enough that she wouldn’t go off the track for them, but she could easily grab their attention. She was a beautiful woman after all. And smart and funny. Simple for her to make the moves she had to in order to get the information.

“Yeah, we got a few sidearms. Made a trip out to Csillia, to get some maser pistols.” He grabbed one of them, a weapon he was trained for back in his time with an Imperial Warlord. “They’ve got that kinetic energy of slugthrowers but the weight of standard blaster tech.” Pressing a button he set up three dummies, and with three shots. The blue beams hit and knocked the dummies back a bit.

Setting in a new powerpack, he handed the pistol over to Rekha. “Give it a go.”

"ooo pretty it's close to being a warm and fuzzy feeling." she took it from Coren's hand, she hefted it a bit nodding her approval. "Nice balance actually." She wrapped her fingers around the grip, ok that feels good."

Her green eyes glanced to the targets she would need to use line of sight holding her arm straight out looking down range she squeezed the trigger. No holding back good, it didn't bounce a lot either also good.

"Is it real effective in a battle?" She had to know if it had any of the issues that blasters had, ya know like did it misfire, did it use a lot of power, did it do anything weird. She was waiting for Coren to answer when she aimed for the next target. Two shots, ok still ok...it wasn't making her hum any but she had to admit it was easy so far.

Before doing anything else she did a quick turnover to the next target. She wanted to test how quick it could fire.

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

The Jedi Master nodded. “Its not a bad weapon. I’ve been doing what I can to enhance usability of some of the side arms, and with the Force, its almost good. Not that it’ll help you but… they’re still really good weapons.” Wasn’t like he was a full on Grey Paladin, bending blaster bolts around corners, but he could fire a bit faster. And watching his long time Underground partner, he was grinning. Seeing her fire was just something else.

Maybe it was that they had that in common, that and piloting. Or it was just the fact that there was a bit of bonding going on with a friend who had been a bit scattered to Coren recently. “They are a bit, maybe a bit slower firing, but the punch it packs? That’s something else.” He grinned seeing her squeeze the rounds down range and just the impact alone was enough to knock the dummies back.

“Stun setting is a bit odd, but the maser does have that impact. So make sure your shots are hitting and you’ll be fine.”

[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

"Oh I'll make sure the shots hit." She smiled and winked over at Coren. "I'll take one Coren it feels good, and if it reacts well and keeps me from getting my arse shot off, then great." She couldn't twirl it like some over weapons but she'd get in some practice for handling it.

"Coren. I need something a little more....well. I want something that is small can get off 2 maybe 3 shots. Ya know something in pinch close quarters..doyou have that?" It was a weapon she wanted to fit up one of her sleeves, or into something else a pocket something not so noticeable a surprise actually.

She had to admit something else this felt good standing around talking with Coren, going over things, just..well being. She missed the flyboy.

What lay ahead of them had untold problems, and instances. Who knew what would happen, so to start it all of like this was a good sign.

The Starchaser smirked and shook his head. “I never doubted that you could.” He grabbed another one of the pistols off the rack and a pair of the powerpacks. “They should keep your arse on.” The Corellian nodded as he looked at his own pistol. These were the weapons that kept you ahead of anyone else, and made it possible to keep winning the fight that was ahead.

“Sporting blaster?” the man nodded as he stepped over to the weapns rack again. “Small and hidden? Jacket or… under the pant leg?” He looked at the guns and then almost but then all over Rekha. He looked over a few weapons, stepping over to the hold-outs.

He grabbed his Power-Nine and looked down range. “The Merr-Sonn lines are my favorite. A bit more accurate. But it lacks the stopping power of the BlasTech weapons.” He squeezed off a few shots.

“Which one you liking?”

[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

"If we put it on my pant leg someone might get the wrong idea ya know. Me standing lifting my leg....can you see that?" Yes she could see it and with her rep only the galaxy would know what would happen she didn't think it would be pretty.

With that in mind, "Let's keep to jacket, or even wrist...I move my hands enough no thinks about that..least I don't think they do." She never really had armed herself so much as she did now it was...an eerie feeling really.

"OH you know me I like what you like..show me the Merr-Sonn." She smiled she was almost ready and she knew that what they did her today would help tomorrow or whenever they met up with Mon Loup's friends....was she really going to kill Marcus. Could she do it?

She wasn't a killer at heart. She stared hard at the far wall lost in her thoughts sometimes it hit her like this, to be far away...at the moment some old memory beat on her.

He was quiet and she was quiet each for that moment lost in some far back memory or perhaps it was a contemplation of the future she did not know. She smiled and gave him a little hip check, "Merr-Sonn please cupcake"

Much to do, and little time to do it.

The way Rekha drew her lines of thought always made Coren smile a bit. She did bring up a good point. “You know yourself better. If we can get a weapon hidden on you that won’t be putting you in some weird zone, probably the best.” He grinned. The last thing Coren would want was one, to slow Rekha down, and two, put her in some situation where she couldn’t be too sneaky.

Getting armed, with this galaxy, though, was important. At least Coren would think so. So many things were going on out there that it just made sense. He wasn’t suspecting she’d be able to kill in cold blood, but Marcus seemed to be gunning for her.

He took his blaster, spun it around and handed her the grip. “Take a few shots with it.”

[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

"Ooo sexy beast" Rekha reached out for the blaster taking it firmly in hand, "nice weight" She wiggled her fingers some feeling the weapon out she looked down at it. "i like the way it feels Coren"

She turned to look at the target lifted her arm, "Some like to" she pulled the trigger, "get straight to it" Rekha exhaled. Her arm still steady, "others take their time, play with it, see if it purrs" She squeezed another off. She kept breathing normal as if the ice had crept into her veins.

"Me...." She looked at him, "I like it slow and steady, with a big finish" She pulled the trigger multiple times and then laughed. "Wow...I like this Coren. It's easy, doesn't bounce around, isn't jerking in my hand, and...it won't hold me up." She nodded,

"Can I have two? Cause well you know I'm a bit greedy when it comes new toys." She held the blaster out to him, "Merr-Sonn...I'm going to have to call them something else...though...it will come to me."

Then she stopped, "I think we are ready, are you?"

Working with Rekha was always a treat. She just had a way she looked at the galaxy, and everything within it. Not much got his partner-in-crime down, unlike for him, where the galaxy turned at times, and he had issues with it. He needed to right the wrongs, and he could start from either end. The larger problems of the galaxy, or the smaller. “Definitely one of my favorites.”

Watching her take a few shots down the range, he nodded. “It’s a bit easier to just get into it, but if you blow the load too quick…” He shrugged and smiled at her. “Yeah, it’s a good pistol, not the typical BlasTech so parts aren’t laying around everywhere, but its still a nice pistol, a bit more exotic as a result.”

Sort of.

Maybe, not really.

“Of course, got a few. I tend to carry a few, as the Power9 is my preferred side arm. And I’m ready as soon as you are!”

[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

"Oh Coren I so just love exotic." She couldn't help but glide her hand along the barrel for a moment before making sure Coren had a firm grip, "Yeah blowing the shot too soon so disappointing, but if you can pull off a quick reload, all the more fun."

She loved a good blaster couldn't help herself.

"I'm ready...willing.........able even." She smiled and winked, "And if we are really good about it all I got a bottle, special...Corellian Brandy...just because." Because she liked it, liked him, and sharing a good bottle with someone was always a treat.

For her in her mind she knew that at any moment the galaxy could blink and one of them be gone so she had promised herself that she would make the best of their time, and if she had to bring him kicking and screaming the whole time, she would do it.

"Let's see about the decoys and then...well....prepare to spring the trap cupcake." The Trap, the Wolf, and whatever the result.

Starchaser grinned at his partner-in-crime. Truth be told,it had been a while since he and Rekha had gone on any sort of mission together. He had been worrying after the Alliance, and Jedi, while she had been on her own tasks. The Underground was not used recently, with the collapse of the First Order, and the Coalition itself held a relative peace in its borders. The Sith were on the opposite end of the galaxy. It seemed almost the perfect storm to give him a chance to take a relaxing trip. Accomplish something worthwhile.

“Its pretty simple, drop the old pack, slap the new one in. And you’re good to go!” Made for the pistoleer on the go.

“Just need to load up my ammo, and let the lighsaber charge, and I’m all set. Your ship?” He grinned, a bit more excited, hopefully not going to fall into war-mode Coren, and just mission Coren, who was a lot more relaxed. “Can save the bottle for after.” The Jedi winked.

“Lets get them moving.” He nodded towards the main chamber of the Corvette.

[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

She grinned she felt normal with Coren she felt she wasn't sure she only knew that he did not make her feel like a complete and total nut job. "Well then load it up and yes let's take my ship cause." She sighed well, it was also part of the bait wasn't it.

The Midnight Star was her trademark ship, along with the Lucky Lady anyone who knew her knew that these two personified who she was. Oh he winked ha ha, he was himself too!

"Yes for after." After.

Marcus who had been everything, was now the enemy. "Coren" What did she want to say to him..something profound, something memorable just in case..."Thanks" it was simple, "But yes shake your butt and let's get going"

"Do you want to meet me at the Star ?" She started walking not that she was leaving him behind she was just urging him along, being herself as usual.

Working with Rekha was a pleasure. Coren and her went back far, even farther than when [member="Spark Finn"] had found her way into their bubble and Underground unit. He was always happy to work with Rekha, but lately he’d been doing the Jedi thing, and in order to keep her safe, some of these missions, especially against the heavier hitting Sith, he tried to keep the focus on himself, and less on his comrades. Or else he’d wind up in another Romi Jade or Spark Finn situation.

He made a motion to start gathering things, including opening up the weapons locker and gathered his gear, starting to equip light armor, mostly leathers, and his pistols.

“My pleasure, Rek. I’m always here for you!” And he meant that. Unless he was actively on campaign and posted with an Alliance fleet. Or really, the Alliance Fleet at this point. He laughed when she closed her statement and nodded.

“I can arm up on the way!” He shook his head as he threw his weapons’ bag over his shoulder.

[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

Funny thing is she kept him out of the NFU stuff because she wanted to protect him what would happen if they ever admitted to each other the reasons why they kept doing these things. They would have a good laugh for starters she knew that, her protecting him, him protecting her. both knew that there were things that they could do on their own that would put the other in danger.

Rekha nodded, "Arming up don't over do it cupcake. Besides I though you being a force user of some kind you were all knowing and ya know had hidden talents that well bypassed us force poor folks." It was a tease really Coren loved a good weapon, but she knew from being around him and Spark that the force was part of his nature.

That force thing was why she kept him from some of her entanglements. A forcer present at a meeting, or a deal would present more problems then the deal itself. And then there was that attitude of his to save everyone, and destroy Sith.

She could walk where a forcer could not.

"The Star will darken her beacon, and let the decoys lead the way. Then we react...Loup won't go far. He'll want the fight, and he'll want face to face. THAT's his way." She couldn't emphasize it enough.

The Wolf wanted people to know who he was, see him, but he was a bit of psycho he liked to watch the light of life fade from their eyes, watch hope slip away, he was insane. He had to be.

She couldn't find a hole deep enough to hide in from him as hard as she tried.

"So we should have enough provisions for however long, and if you're nice I'll let you have the guest room rather than the galley couch." They walked and moved closer to the hangar where she had come in.

Rekha was not someone Coren would trifle with lightly. She’d been around him and helping him fight his own wars, but the fact was, he went against some pretty outrageous foes from time to time, and without something to help her gain a bit of an edge? He wasn’t sure he could do what needed to be done without having some extra worry for her, even if he knew she’d be able to handle herself. It was definitely a double edge thought for him.

“Nah, just a bit of body armor, and making sure we have enough power packs!” He shook his head. “And I have to keep that in reserve, don’t want to spring all the traps at once.” And he didn’t need to get unwanted attention on them. Not that fast. It begged to be welcomed by a special breed of solider, if he was broadcasting in the Force.

“Sounds like a plan. You know him. I’m here for support. Unless you tell me to jump in.” He knew all about settling a score. And once he had his gear he was caught up to her. “Aw, you’re too kind. Lets get in the air and see how close we can get.”

[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

She was settling into the pilots seat pointing over to the copilot, first mate...whatever he would like to deem himself this trip. It wouldn't take long..or would it. She flipped some switches and thought about what to say to the conversation. "I think I'd like to personally administer the....whatever to him. Course...now...that symbol...did your folks come up with what it is?"

She couldn't help but remind herself that the symbol tied into this, but she also know that someone was tracking her, her goods, and her life. She looked over to Coren again. Some words just didn't come out. The reminder of power packs made her laugh, "yes yesh make sure we have enough...wouldn't want to have to call someone and say Coren and I ran out of gas on the way..." She shook her head, "imagine the teasing I'd get over that."

"I'm only kind to friends...you know that...except for when I was going through that kissing everyone phase. It was fun to kiss some, "she looked at him, "but others got...like real....well offended. Like I poisoned them." The ship was in the air, "oh ok...the Lady is ready to fly"

She punched in the coordinates, "Keep up with the sarcasm it makes my mind think of all kinds of things....and I'll let you help don't let me kill, I just want to beat him blood and leave for dead." Just like he had done her.

Revenge...yeah...she could use a little payback.

"Talk to me about something...we'll get to our waiting place see what falls out. Are the decoys in place?"

That day? Coren was feeling cozy being called co-pilot. Wasn’t his ship, and he knew how particular spacers were, hell, he was one. It meant a lot to have certain things be specific, and a co-pilot was just a visitor. Though he’d spent a good amount of time on this vessel. He looked at her as she was going about the pre-flight. “Not yet, still running it through. Going to tap the Underground network, and maybe reach out to some other contacts.” Underworld had a lot of people.

“Seems to be keep himself above the bar, though.”

He shook his head. “Nah, we won’t run out. Plus, we’ve got me. I can hit things pretty hard.” He ran his hand over his chin. “Yeah, lets not run low on supplies.” As for kissing? He did remember that. “People are… weird. Depends what part of the galaxy, but the Outer Rim, seems to be happy with it, or Zeltron, really.”

Tapping some of the pre-flight controls on his end, he nodded. “Lets get moving.” He spun to the navigator’s chair and helped to input the fastest route to where they were heading. “And you’ll do what needs to happen. And make the right choice.” He wasn’t here to lecture her, just support.

[member="Rekha Kaarde"]

The underground would work in their favor no one liked a bully. No one would ask question though they would get the order and do what they could taking their positions and blasting her beacon signal.

But she had this sneaking itchy feeling creeping up her neck that Loup knew where she was, and who she was with. She glanced over at Coren again he was being all comfy in the co-pilot seat. He didn't mind letting someone else drive it wasn't his ship so there was little hassle. Beside he trusted her. She hoped. Rekha smiled as a few funny thoughts crossed her mind.

"I have no doubt that you can hit it hard" Yep no doubt at all about it.

They were free and moving now headed for the Wheel where they had first encountered Loup.

"Coren..." She flipped a switch, "first prepare to jump, second....I got a question for you.." She put her hand out ready to push the engines into hyper jump. This was the best part sometimes, that initial lurch, and ziiiiiipppppppppppppppppppp....gone in a flash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom