Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You kids these days. [Protectorate/Fringe Invasion of Eriadu]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
She'd spent the last two and a half days in research, in consultation with local contacts and technical experts, in talks with firms, and in reallocating Finality-class and Connestoga-class supertransports. The freighters' route led them from Annaj to Porchello to Karfeddion, and terminated at the established Obsidian Fleet rally point half a parsec from Eriadu. She was keeping her options open, but a plan was coming together, contingent upon her next discussion with [member="Sarge Potteiger"].

Omega Star Corp was a monstrous corporation, generally speaking, with a vast array of companies under its umbrella. Thankfully, weird-zombie-viruses didn't fall under that 'umbrella.' He shuddered to think what would happen were that to come to fruition. "Are the supplies being prepped?" There was a few moments before some affirmatives came back. "Alright, not much longer now. Then we'll see what's going to happen."

[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

Less than three hours left until the deadline. In a saner universe, she'd have been able to rely on Sith battle coordination, the variety that had nothing to do with mental influence and everything to do with seeing all pieces of the puzzle. Those patterns of thought remained, but active Force use wasn't an option, not in this venue and not for this task. She had to rely on mortal judgment and the advice of those she trusted to catch her mistakes. As of yet, only a fraction of her materiel had landed; much of the rest was congregating in container ships in high orbit, or in the half-parsec-away rally point with Obsidian Fleet. Much of her focus remained -- had to remain -- on making sure that every single Fringer and ally knew that violence was not an option.

Nyx had heard about the would-be invasion not long after the last few jokes had been made. At the time she had been in Republic space, assisting her allies (she still refused to call them friends) with getting things under control. Well, and searching for her Doctor (ahem, acquaintance). That had gone horribly so far. Partially. It seemed bad. All that was left of the Doc (at least in this realm) was an encrypted data-pad and lightsaber. Useful things. Just for the long run- not the current situation.

So she had (temporarily) given up the search.

Later a call had gone out, announcing the challenge on Eriadu. That had... excited her. Somewhat. Usually she would have preferred to go the violent route... but this seemed like a softer way of doing things. After running through Chaos, something like this, something quieter, was exactly what she needed. It was, then, quite unsurprising when she asked her Republic overseers (those who monitored her health in Doc's place) to take a temporary leave of absence. They let her go without any trouble. Perhaps they knew she would be helping the Protectorate, or perhaps they were tired of dealing with her. It didn't really matter.

Drapeam Nyx frowned as she felt her shuttle land. Gods, she hated space travel. But at least they had arrived (along with a large amount of supplies) at their destination.
The challenge was to begin soon.

There was a faint pause and then Sarge looked up from the surface of Eriadu. Somewhere nearby was a statue raised in his honor; not that it looked like him, really. He had snorted when he'd been told one had been raised. "Get me the Fringe." Sarge said, looking to the communications officer of the makeshift command post. Easy to put up, easy to tear down.

"It's time to talk terms."

[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

Ashin didn't play scheduling games, at least not with people she took seriously. She answered at once, visibly in the command throne of the Star Destroyer Chimaera.

"All right, Lord Protector," she said. "I'll agree to your proposal of a building contest. Creation of something that will be of value to the people and leadership of Eriadu. A time limit of two weeks seems reasonable. Other rules: no hostilities. We keep our people and allies in check and tolerate each other's wild cards within reason, but only within reason. I don't care if you call in external aid, so long as it's primarily the Protectorate at work on all levels, and I'll operate under the same constraints.

"This is all, of course, on the assumption that you haven't come up with a preferred alternative."

"I've come up with no such alternative, although I was still laboring under a governmental related building idea. Either way, two weeks is more than reasonable." There was a bit of a smirk to his face, though, and it was entirely unamused. "I find your people sneakin' around my build site, Ashin. We both know what's gonna happen. Let the games begin."

[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

"So be it. There will be no violence. If any of mine make trouble, kill them, or I will."

***​
[member="Hannibal Oryen"] [member="Lucianus Adair"] [member="Jared Ovmar"] [member="Josiah Denko"] [member="Vrag"] [member="Elias Truden"] [member="Coren Starchaser"] [member="November Sinclair"] [member="Dûvain"] [member="Valik"] [member="Soliael Devin Talith"] [member="Crystal"] [member="Nickolas Imura"] [member="Lucien Cordel"] [member="Serian Loria"] [member="Carré Inirial"] [member="Anaya Fen"] [member="Spencer Jacobs"] [member="Dissero"]

The Chimaera orbited the fifth Lagrange point at a sedate pace, overseeing the orbital transfer of supertransports into position. The designs were complete, the plan in place. Supertransports' worth of Industrial Automaton labor droids began to deploy onto a gantry little more than a platform lattice with localized artificial gravity. One of the Connestogas disgorged modules the size of frigates; others began to put Bobison defense stations in place around the space portion of the construction site, mostly in case of reaver incursion.

On the ground, on land properly purchased and convenient to several mass transit notes, an immense structure began to take shape, a slab-sided pyramid of cable and permacrete. It would be a familiar sight to those who'd witnessed the construction of skyhooks across most of the Protectorate's major worlds. Around it, a starport began to take form.

The logic of the project was fairly straightforward. Eriadu sat at the crux of at least five important shipping lanes; like all surrounding worlds, it had been hit hard by the disappearances, but it had the chance to increase its comparative advantage and get its feet under it. It had been a trade center; now that stature would increase.

FRINGE MISSIONS​
TAG YOUR LOCATION/MISSION WITH EACH POST​
CONTACT ME BEFORE JOINING WITH ANY NON-FRINGE CHARACTER​
NO SABOTAGE​
Mission One: Build the Foundation
Anticipated Duration: 15-25 posts
Objective: Create a new major starport surrounding the foundations of a HALCYON skyhook which will lead part-way to high orbit. Bring in equipment and corporate offices/facilities. Majority of work must be by Fringers.

Mission Two: The Roads Must Roll
Anticipated Duration: 10 posts
Objective: Help improve mass transit infrastructure leading to the new starport. Majority of work must be by Fringers.

Mission Three: Stairway to Heaven
Anticipated Duration: 20-30 posts
Objective: Create the Eriadu Trade Nexus, a 4km space station composed of modular elements brought from Fringe territory, including a HALCYON gate. Connect the components, bring in equipment, bring in corporate facilities and offices. Majority of work must be by Fringers.

Mission Four: Blaze a Trail
Anticipated Duration: 10-20 posts
Objective: Remove an obstacle to a short new hyperroute connected to the station's HALCYON gate. The obstacle is a small Strigari nomad/rogue moon. Use tractor beams and/or massed capital ship bombardment as necessary to destroy the rogue moon and scatter its pieces, removing its mass shadow. Majority of work must be by Fringers.

Hira Mitsae

Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
Objective: Objective: Create a new major starport surrounding the foundations of a HALCYON skyhookhttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/19484-hyperspace-assisted-launch-cyclic-onramp-halcyon/ which will lead part-way to high orbit. Bring in equipment and corporate offices/facilities. Majority of work must be by Fringers.

---------------

A true mass pilgrimage was approaching the Seswenna Sector and within it the Eriadu system, these ships were owned and operated by the former entity Neuro-Saav Corporation, now collectively known as the Ty’rel Holdings. The corporate fleet held decommissioned Lucrehulks, supercarriers and other spacial constructs which were carrying the resources needed for the mission ahead.

Creating a major starport on the planet of Eriadu, this was an important step for Eridium Industrial and if played right it would bring it enough new revenue to expand its operations in new and intriguing ways. But they were getting ahead of themselves, on the bridge of one of those Lucrehulks stood Darell Irani and he was pondering many pondersome thoughts.

The construction would have to be approached right, this was a cog in an entire system of planning, but an important one. A key element in the design and as such it needed to be done just as well, or even better than the infrastructure and designs done on Raxus.

Sarge gave a nod and then looked to Sergeant [member="Uriel"] who, by now, was likely organizing the obsidian near the bare-bones assembly area that would become the museum. Inquisition soldiers in their powered armor would make the comparative workload for the other construction workers easier, and between them and the construction droids he was confident that what was coming would be doable.

He didn't know what the Fringe was building, but considering what he knew of them it was either a military installation of some sort or... if Ashin had a say in the matter, something trade related.

He would go for urban sprawl. Eriadu was always trying to keep up with the Jones', as it were. They wanted to be Coruscant, that hadn't changed. So he was going to do a few things to bring them up to speed with the Triple Zero.

--------------

Objective 1 - Build a Memorial
In ~15 posts establish a memorial wall, engraved with the names of those killed during the Reaver war. Embedded behind each name should be a miniature holoprojector to display several holocaptures of the fallen; these holocaptures will be provided by the families of the deceased and are already on site or en route. Should no family be able to be contacted service captures will be used. The stone will need be erected, polished and smoothed, and the challenge of lining the stone with holoemitters is one that shouldn't be taken lightly. It should look seamless; no wires or obvious lenses sticking out.

Objective 2 - Build Museum
In ~20 posts, establish a Museum dedicated to the Reaver War. Displays would need be built, artifacts found and delivered for show. Foremost consideration should be given to the Eriadu wing of the museum before moving on to other sections. The Reaver War is large and encompassing of much of the Outer Rim territories. There's a wealth of information to work with.

Objective 3 - Establish Eriadu University
Coruscant has one of the most renowned universities in the galaxy. In regards to bringing Eriadu in line with Triple Zero, Eriadu will be receiving its own University through the Protectorate. Said University should be focused on the disciplines of cultural history, medical sciences and the arts. Facilitate the transfer of lab supplies and personnel from orbit to the surface. ~30 posts

Objective 4 - Alter FleetCom
For those militarily inclined FleetCom will need be demilitarized; shield generators can stay in place, but all other weapons will need be removed save point defenses. This will be done in preparation for turning FleetCom into an orbital merchant market and business bazaar. Anti-boarding redundancies and systems will need be removed as well, making the ship safe for the wealth of people who will be coming and going on a whim.
~25 posts

Vrag

The Second Seal, broken.
Objective: Create a new major starport surrounding the foundations of a HALCYON skyhook which will lead part-way to high orbit.
Allies: [member="Darell Irani"]

Vrag could safely say that she'd never built anything in her life — except perhaps herself — and the prospect of doing so was more than a little daunting. Had she thought of this but a few hours ago, the woman would've surely made a hasty escape. As it was, however, she found herself upon the bridge of a rather imposing vessel, dragged there by none other than her latest conquest.

She glanced over to the businessman/Rambo, her expression of sly approval actually visible for once. They were, after all, safe inside the Lucrehulk, and even the paranoid Knight deemed that secure enough to retract her visor. The blue eyes shamelessly reconstructed the body that was hiding beneath the layers of his clothes, the nature of her thoughts betrayed only by the spark of mirth that danced in her irises.

"Where do we start, then?" she broke the pleasant silence, her just loud enough to carry over the hubbub of a ship in flight. The crew was busy all around them as they neared the Eriadu system, their goal clearly set. If nothing else, Vrag would gladly provide… moral support to her unlikely companion. He was good enough a frak that she didn't feel like her time was being completely wasted.

There was, of course, also the scandalous idea of actually learning something new by participating in this venture.

Proximity(?): [member="Vrag"], [member="Darell Irani"]

I arrived at the scene no later than usual. Being late had never been my thing and if you’d ask [member="Lucien Cordel"] he could verify it time a hundred. There was work to be done around here and if there was one thing I had learned over the months spent with said Sith Lord it was that time waited for no man. A harsh truth but one few ever seemed to come to terms with.

There was a foundation to be built here and let’s face it, I had no idea what I was doing. It didn’t stop me from trying though. No, the people of the Fringe had been good to me and I’d be lesser of a man if I didn’t try my best to help them out. After all I still had a few contacts that hadn’t gone on vacation along with the rest of the galaxy that fateful evening not so long ago. Did these people reside on Eriadu? Certainly not, but they were important enough to know when the profits outweighed the risks.

Besides, it was a planet known for computery-magic stuff. If the idea of being part of a great undertaking such as this wasn’t enough to lure those geeks to this planet then their undying loyalty to their parents basements would. I admit, referring to them as geeks didn’t truly feel right but there was little else of a word I could think of for the people keeping DataSec running with my busy schedule working with Lord Cordel.

I gave it a quick look around the spot to see who else was around. The sun caused my vision to fail me for a moment and I had to block it out using my right hand. Now, let’s see who else was smart enough to be part of this...

Mission Two: The Roads Must Roll
Allies: I have no peers...you peasants.

The man was getting up there in age, the ache of his back resonated through his body. His hands hurt, the constant cracking and pain medications to offset arthritis. A brilliant mind, a slowly breaking body, he couldn't stand the thought of him pushing daisies. The irony hit him, as he dollied out a crate of flower seeds, taken from hardy stock on Selvaris prior to the partial vong forming. The boxes nearly bounced as he knocked the dolly over, pressing a hard hand against his back as he popped it back into place. The vong shaper followed him from the transport ship, visually disgusted by the mechanical nature of the missions at hand. He turned and sighed, patting his forehead down with a cloth, as he listened to the Vong and her jabs.

"Didn't we destroy this species on Selvaris?"
"Aye...you did." You devil woman. Alset was a xenobotanist by hobby and by education, though his more fanatical tendencies had often taken the front seat. Nevertheless, he had taken the opportunity to pull seed from grass spikelets before they were scorched by the Hand of the One Sith. "But you see...not everything can be made into Vong!" He pointed back to the dropship. "Go away if you aren't going to be of assistance!"

"And you..." He pointed to a technician, pushing another dolly of the plants down the ramp. "Make sure these seeds make it to the construction groups..." He approached the technician with a shoulder clap. "Now listen carefully. This is a hardy stock of grass species. After infrastructure is lain, primarily grounded roads...these are to be planted on each side of the road. It will stabilize the soil, prevent further erosion after construction, and prevent other species from rooting and cracking the duracrete. It's a hardy species...but not an ambitious one. Much like you." He smiled as he leaned back, searching empty eyes for understanding. A smile turned into a frown as he pulled a datapad out and handed it to the technician. "Find the head engineer, hand this to him, and return here to assist with unloading. Can you do that?" The technician nodded and ran off in the general direction of infrastructure construction. Alset walked back up the ramp and continued to unload stock seed as additional troops and seed transports landed.

[SIZE=10pt]Mission Three: Stairway to Heaven[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Location: L5 Lagrange Point, Eriadu high orbit[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Allies: Myself, Hope and Motivation.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]She was no longer in a place of privilege– being thrusted into the center of something she didn’t understand, compelled by the motivation to be apart of something greater. She had watched the people she lived be torn apart, end up missing and lost and now she felt alone – she didn’t know that [member="Aton Gyndar"] was alive, that [member="Falcon Gyndar"] had fought his way back from the depths of hell or even that [member="Aaralyn Gyndar"] had flipped entire Cantinas upside down just to find a scrap of information about her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]A thirteen year old – lost in a Galaxy in turmoil.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Taken in by a diverse faction that didn’t hold judgment on belief or other factors that some governments within the Galaxy held true to. She had been fed, given shelter and even comfort by the most unlikely of people and even offered an alias by some of the very people who fought her family – Rei - that is what they called her. Her middle name was all she'd go by, perhaps to protect her - perhaps for other reasons. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]An orphan from the mass disappearances – found on Nar Shaddaa and being dropped off on Endor. In her spare time, despite the Force being out of touch and sometimes even extreme, she’d practice what she could. She would reach out with her senses, honing in on her telekinetic abilities – most of the time they came with a consequence that resulted in some injury and sometimes it resulted in nothing at all. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Once, she swore she saw the face of a coral eyed woman – who resembled her mother. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Now, here she was - pulling supplies in from the rally point onboard and old, beat up freighter. She’d suit up and prepare to unload them to the zero-g workers outside and assist where she could in welding and then go back for more. A rinse and repeat process before her shift would end – and then she’d bed down on the freighter, wake up and do her morning exercises.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Tomorrow was physical combat training – she was lucky to have found some scrap pieces together to build a sparring dummy. She had found ripped up clothing and discarded uniforms to soften the edges to prevent true injury or bruising to her arms and legs. It would be an interesting lesson – considering she’d do most of it from memory and some from the holo she had of her mother instructing her. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]But that was for tomorrow – now it was time to work.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]She’d bring the helmet over her head, snapping down the latches and sealing the helmet. Regardless of the tough act, she was still the scared, nervous girl she appeared to be in her diaries. She just was learning how to hide it well. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Especially around the more seasoned people…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt][member="Ashin Varanin"] | [member="Darell Irani"][/SIZE]

Objective: Create the Eriadu Trade Nexus, a 4km space station composed of modular elements brought from Fringe territory, including a HALCYON gate. Connect the components, bring in equipment, bring in corporate facilities and offices. Majority of work must be by Fringers.

Though having spent a great deal of the last six years kept to her meditations, there were several things that would pull the Heart of Inari from the throes of what little remained of Moross. There were no Gods, no Aesirs to call upon, she had seen to that. Soliael had left to live with his wife, Vascious had disappeared into his retirement, and Cameron ...

She felt she knew where he was, but never could she be entirely sure.

The words Eriadu, HALCYON, Trade Nexus, space station, they had reached her easily enough. The Fringe might not be entirely aware of just who it was that now called their realm of influence home, but perhaps now was as good a time as any for them to learn more. Amore left the confines of the Morossi temple to join the Fringe ships in orbit over Eriadu. There, on the bridge of the Kingdom - her refitted Ithari Swarm Frigate easily identified by the pearlescent paint trimmed in gold and red - she entered into communications with those of the Fringe heading the design and construction of the Trade Nexus.

[member="Ashin Varanin"]

"This is Priestess Mae of the Morossi delegation. I once oversaw the design, development and installation of the Moross Drive Yards, trade routes, and the addition of numerous HALCYON gates to our territories. If you'll have me, I do believe I can be of service in the construction of this Trade Nexus."

Mission Four: Blaze a Trail
Anticipated Duration: 10-20 posts
Objective: Remove an obstacle to a short new hyperroute connected to the station's HALCYON gate. The obstacle is a small Strigari nomad/rogue moon. Use tractor beams and/or massed capital ship bombardment as necessary to destroy the rogue moon and scatter its pieces, removing its mass shadow. Majority of work must be by Fringers.

Coren Starchaser was ready for a bit of action. He'd been taking a big step, for him, working with the Fringe, but still, most of his job was sitting in the seat, one of the most comfortable in the galaxy, of his ship. It kept him safe, and away from having to swing a saber, and use the Force. Probably for the best, just as soon as he had gotten used to it, it was acting all sorts of frelled up.

“This is Starchaser on approach to selected coordinates. Seems we've got a damned moon in our way out here. Anyone care to lend a hand? Get this frakker moved out the way.” Right, he was sounding so proper there, but his ship just didn’t have the right fire power. Nor tractors.

He could coordinate with a larger ship, and that was what he was hoping for.

Scruffy Lookin’ Nerfherder
Objective: Uselessness
Allies: Lords of the Fringe

A humanoid blinked into existence beside [member="Darell Irani"], probably shedding a photo kinetic illusion or some other form of concealment. Yet of course door number three was always an option. Members of the Anzat race, even half-breed genetic creations, tended to have a shockingly silly amount of number 3 doors.

Red eyes swept across the preliminary works.

"You realize this is all pointless? One, five, ten years from now someone will have knocked all your sandcastles down."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Amorella Mae"]

"Your expertise is welcome, Aesir. I'll inform the site foremen to take your direction on matters related to the HALCYON network. Fringe territory has quite a few HALCYON gates apart from those we brought, but the technology is outside my direct experience. If you have the time to take a more coordinative role over the nexus' construction, your assistance would be appreciated. I'm currently moving to the surface to oversee infrastructure improvements, but please keep in touch."

--Continuing for dev.--

"Thank you, I will see what I can do."

The transmission ended, Amore turned to the Captain of the Kingdom and gave order to link up with the Fringe project command ship. There she would find the team and the foreman. The Ithari Swarm Frigate glided through space, passing by the skeletal structure of what would soon become a new trade nexus for Eriadu. Looking upon it from her vantage point, Amore could visualize everything it could be and would become. Components coming together like puzzle pieces from all across the Fringe realm, making something of life and new opportunities out of all this present darkness.

Seemed this was precisely the place she was supposed to be.

[member="Mira Gyndar"]
[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom