Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Got a Friend In Me

piotr-dura-crystal-cave2k.jpg
Objective: Find a Shard to befriend

Bumbling through the dark, crystal cave, STaCLO was on the pursuit for the next stage of "evolution". All the while SYN was complaining that they were taking too long. "Why can't we just pick up one of these dumb cyrstals and get outta here?"

"Because, these "Dumb crystals" are actually pretty smart I'll have you know. They're the Shard and they can be Force Sensitive, and run off of electrons." STaCLO explained to them.

"Yeah, so what, they're magic crystals that give off electric signals."

"I know you're just playing dumb, because I already told you in full detail why we're here. But I'll do it again because I like feeling smart. We're gonna make ourselves a new friend. Since they live off electrons we can harness them and give them a body work with. They've done it in the past, so I know it's possible. We're gonna give them a body to experience the world with, along with our company. In exchange for this, we'll get Force Sensitivity."

"Okay whatever, just don't take too much longer, or else Dute might get board and leave us here all alone...WITH DUMB CRYSTALS!" Fortunately SYN couldn't actually speak and cause a cave in.

Fortunately the caves weren't too hard to navigate them. Since hundred of years ago old abandoned mining operations. However, once he got far enough down the tunnels he came upon a large underground pool with many crystals springing from it...Bingo.

Objective: Find a Shard to Befriend

Looking around with his inferred vision he could quite that this was a rather large underground spring with many clumps of crystals. Currently STaCLO didn't care for having his organic disguise on, and was just walking around in his imposing droid body. Carefully STaCLO dipped his foot into the water and made his way into the cave.

"Man look at all of them, there's gotta be hundred, maybe thousands. Now just pick up one and lets leave." SYN complained.

"No, we can't just do that, we need to find the right one." STaCLO replied, minding his every step as to make sure he didn't disrupt the habitat. During his research he'd gain a sort of appreciation for the silicon race. He didn't know there could be superior forms of life beyond organic. Making his was into the middle of the shallow pool of warm water he looked around. It was gonna be hard to determine if one was Force Sensitive or not, it couldn't do some kind of blood count. He was gonna need to take them back to his work shop to find out for sure.

STaCLO could make out that they were communicating with the electrons in the air, but he wasn't sure what they were saying to on another as the signal was to weak for him. But as the droid concentrated he was picking up on something. A faint, but present signal, and SOS signal. A flare of electrons, then none. On and off over and over. Looking around STaCLO finally looked down at his feet and saw a lonely crystal laying in the pool between his feet. No wonder he could sense it, he was standing right over it.

Bending over he reached down and picked it up. As he did it seem like it was flaring up with electronic signals, now the two of them could communicate wireless-ly. "Woah, what's going on? Is someone there?" The Shard "spoke" up. It too now sensing STaCLO's electronic presence. The Shard was rather small and narrow. It also had a green tint to it.

"Hello, are you in trouble? I seemed as though you were giving off a sort of distress signal." STaCLO replied.

"Yeah, it's an SOS signal, my cousin taught it to me when he came back to visit one time, but that was a long while ago. Who are you?"

"I am a droid named STaCLO I've come to your planet for research."

"Wow, well thanks for coming across me, everything was normal a while ago until everything went really quite. Only hearing faint whispers once every now and them. How'd you find me?"

"You were just laying here at the bottom of the spring."

"Oh, so my hypothesis was correct. It would seem that I've been separated from my family. As a Shard you can't really know these things until it's too late."

"I'm sorry to year that, how could you "hear" stuff if you broke off the rest of your community."

"I don't know, I kinda just concentrate and I can sense them." Hearing this STaCLO became interested. It was sounding like this little Shard was Force Sensitive. "Yeah, my community used to make fun of me because of it. Saying I was making up stuff. Hey, since I don't think there's any way for me to get connect back with my family again mind taking me with you? By the way, the name's Jelz."

"It's funny because I was gonna ask you that same thing." After the introductions STaCLO began to carry the little crystal out of the cave. It seemed as though Jelz was very happy to have someone to talk to. They must've been alone for quite a while. As they communicated with one another STaCLO began to believe more and more that Jelz was Force Sensitive. Talking about feeling connected to the world even after they broke off.

Next stop, Geonosis...

Objective: Incorporate Shard

2 Days Later

Now inside his garage/lab on Geonosis STaCLO was performing a little test to see the midi-chlorian count of Jelz. What he did was give the Shard a very thin coat of acid. One only a tiny bit of the Shard's outer layer disolved he collected the residue from it. After which he was able to find what he was looking for in what "genetic" material there was in Shard's residue. Then STaCLO found what he was looking for. Jelz was indeed Force Sensitive.

On the trip back to confederate space STaCLO and Jelz talked quite a bit about what could possibly happened once the Shard began to inhabit the droid's body. There was likely three scenarios that could play out. One: STaCLO's super computing power will overpower the Jelz. Two: Jelz own "computing power" will over power STaCLO's. Three: The two of them manage to synchronize and become one. Which was what the two of them were hoping for. Despite the droid being a master calculator, he couldn't get a clear idea of which outcome was most likely.

During this whole experiment STaCLO was working on making a little capture chamber for the Shard to fully integrate the two beings. All the while carving out a place for it in his chest where he planed to put the new additional contraption. STaCLO, and even SYN to some degree really did enjoy working on projects like these, especially one as life changing as this.

Once he had Jelz safe and snug in the chamber all STaCLO needed to do know was fix it to him and see what happened. Communicating with all three individuals he called out a little roll call. "Alright guys, you ready for this?" STaCLO said

"Yeah dude, let's do this thing!" SYN quickly replied.

"I'm ready when you are!" Jelz added in.

With no real need for further encouragement STaCLO brought the chamber into his chest and began setting it up. From here on their Jawa friend Dute was gonna need to do a simple plug in and turn the droid back on. Giving the Jawa a "thumbs up" he powered down. Then Dute promptly went to work on their companion. Doing the simple takes and turning them back on.

"WOAH!" STaCLO quickly snapped back on, jerking back to life and scaring Dute in the process.

"Utinni!" The Jawa exclaimed before falling over on their back.

"Wh-ah-hahaha....Woo! Now this is interesting." They said, looking around as if they were seeing for the first time. "So this is what feeling connected to the Force is like huh?" His poor old robotic brain trying to comprehend this new surge of life he was feeling. "Roll call, you guy's still there?"

"Yep I'm still here STaCLO!" SYN replied

"Ditto!" Jelz replied, showing that the two of them were now synchronized. Feeling pretty accomplished the three of them had a lot of learning ahead of them.

"I think we actually did it guys." STaCLo said before waving his hand around to see if he could move anything with his new "mind". But nothing happened. "I guess we're gonna need to find ourselves a teacher..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJghR7CuxG0

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom