Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Belong To The Hands Of The Night

Thankfully his faith in his fellow Shadow wasn’t misplaced – she moved and acted like one better than anyone else – and Coci was there to intercept the desperate attack by Summer, and swiftly dealt with the waste of space thug now nothing more than a corpse.

Connor had never seen her take a life in cold blood, and truth be told it didn’t phase him. It was something he had done before, and now seeing Coci act as he believed the Shadows had to for the sake of others, let him know they were doing things right.

With the blade to her neck at the most crucial angle for a fatal stroke, Connor shifted slightly to the side of Summer, now with a Shadow on either side. Plus, he didn’t want to get stained with her blood should the blade do what he thought it should. Dark thoughts didn’t make a Dark Sider, he told himself. She was evidently shaken now, taking on far more than she could imagine.

”Please,” she said, trying to be calm, eyes wide on Coci who held her life in her hands, ”I don’t know anything!”

Connor saw the blade distress the skin a little more, his heart racing inside his chest.

”I just give information for money! Money! That’s all – to make my own way with my own knowledge! She’s a sorceress who knows of the Sanctum and she wants to break them and do they same to the Alliance and everyone else with her army! LET ME GO!”

Connor gripped her arm and looked at Coci, feeling no deception in her words.

”I know the woman. Matsu. She has no morals; no-body to answer to but herself. Last time I saw her I stopped her from destroying a small moon in the name of fuelling her own perverse power. She’s insane, and she doesn’t see herself as mortal – she sees herself beyond that and everyone else is simply skin and bone to experiment with. She probably wants to make a point with the Light Side that she is beyond anything we can throw at her.”

Not forgetting it was the same woman who planted Sith Magic in Connor’s brain stam years before that riddled his emotions for a good decade of his life.

[member="Coci Heavenshield"]

A gentle twist of the blade on her neck would see a deeper cut. Coci's eyes shifting from the girl to Connor as he spoke of Matsu, she did not say a word at this point but took in everything Connor knew of the woman. Insane would be a good description indeed and for whatever reason she is coming for the Silver Jedi. Her and the rest of the Sith.

"So you know of this woman, but who else do you work for?", she turned her attention back to Summer. "It would seem to me that you have 'friends' in many places and I want to know who and what you have told them.. now". Her voice did not raise but remained low and calm and controlled. "If you don't talk I have other ways of extraction the information from you, as does he", she inclined her head toward Connor. Coci never uses names while residing in the shadows.

"I can see your fear, I can smell your lies", she said her nose twitching and lips curling under the mask. And to demonstrate her point, Coci entered her mind and pulled forward memories of the past, hidden deep in her mind she pulled them forward one by one. They are sad and painful, a good part of the reason the girl is so without ethics and would not hesitate to betray. But there is more, she has killed, murdered for the sake of a few credits. Children that were the those of a target, just to get them and draw them out.

"You make me sick".
[member="Connor Harrison"]

For the first time, Connor felt a shift in role. Coci was showing a side he had never seen; it partly pleased but also made him…nervous. Had he turned a blind eye to so much that he had forgotten how his friends and allies operated? Maybe she had done more in the field than Connor thought he had. She was in control, he felt.

He couldn’t read the situation, and that made him nervous. To him, Summer looked defeated and upset and scared…but she had sold people out and her eyes were telling him that she was still fighting their attempt to make her crack.

”Listen, listen,” Summer said, composing herself, a strain in her voice as she tried to reason with Coci, ”I didn’t mean to do this, but I had no choice. I know Ossus and...a few other of our planets. I didn't say anything too bad, I promise. Just where our outposts were.”

Connor looked to her , then Coci, then Summer again.

”I went to Korriban with you and you didn’t….you didn’t even see me. You didn’t care and left me on my own again. He did care however, and I had to bargain again to keep my life. Dredge, the Sith. Forced me to give locations of the outpost to let me keep my life if I gave him my com. If I didn’t, he said he’d come for me.”

The name rang a bell after recent events and Connor nodded.

”You made a deal with the devil rather than come to us.”

Summer glanced over at Connor with big eyes and forced a little smile.

”At least you aren’t the same as him.”

That sinking feeling hit him again; he knew there was no way out of this. Either she returned with the Silvers and they took a chance to save her and run the risk of her leading the enemy to their door. Or it ended and they stopped her headlong dive to corruption and the Dark Side. He looked at Coci, face hidden behind the mask, and nodded. His hand was gripped on Summer’s arm to take her weight.

”We’re done.”

He gave the order.

Now they had gotten to the truth, the fear in the girls eyes betray her and the words fell from her mouth not only to try and save her life but they are words told in truth to do so. Summer knew that if she lied to her, she would die. The girls breath was heavy in her chest, the smell coming off her body was adrenaline making her scent sickly but Coci held no sympathy for her, not when you consider the lives that had been extinguished because of her, because of the information she sold to their enemy.

But is there any justification for ending someone's life for this? Yes there is, they do it all the time in war, to fight those that would remove the lives of them and more importantly those of others. It is in part that wars break out because of people like Summer, selling their souls to feather their own ambitions and pocket book, yes Summer had her sick and she deserved to die.

"I am arresting you in the name of the Silver Sanctum Coalition, on the grounds of high treason". The double edged Sword spoke. And with the Coci turned the girl around and marched her to the ship.
[member="Connor Harrison"]

He saw the whites of her eyes move; Coci twisted the point of the blade but gently pulled it away and slid it in her belt. Then, the call for her arrest. She took the girl from Connor’s grip, arm behind her back and took her away. Summer’s gasp of relief was the most convincing thing she’d let out in the past few minutes.

Connor exhaled and stood looking at the dead body of the thug on the floor, and then to Coci marching their traitor away. He didn’t know what to feel. She had done her duty and what she felt was right. That was enough.

He turned to follow, and noticed the other thug on the edge of the curved walkway had gone. He’d either fallen to his death or escaped – either way, he wouldn’t be fit to speak of this to anyone.

It was now going to be up to Summer and the Shadows to make her fit for rehabilitation in the Sanctum, or simply to spend a good time in the holding cells until her fate could be decided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom