Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Yorik-et

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yorik_Et_copy.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create a Yorik-et shaped and grown by Cerbera.
  • Image Source: [x]
  • Canon Link: /
  • Restricted Missions: /
  • Primary Source: /
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Starfighter
  • Length: 14 meters
  • Width: 3 meters
  • Height: 5 meters
  • Armament: High
  • Defenses: Very Low
  • Squadron Count: Low: 8
  • Maneuverability Rating: High
  • Speed Rating: High
  • Hyperdrive Class: Average: 1
STANDARD FEATURES
The Yorik-et possesses most standard features a Yuuzhan Vong ship of its class should have, for example:

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Cognition. The Yorik-et are alive and once the pilot sits inside the cockpit can link up to one another. This bond increases the ability to react, letting the ship be an extension of the pilot. It is also capable of acting on its own as any living being, but coordination with a Yammosk is necessary to make them truly capable in that regard.
  • Self-healing. It has a limited ability to heal itself. Within battle it can repair tears in its hull within the next ten to fifteen minutes, which makes it ineffective for combat benefits, but outside of battle it cuts back on maintenance costs.
  • Dovin Basal. At its standard setting the Dovin Basal projects most of its attention and energy into preserving speed, maneuverability and its powerful weapons. This doesn't leave a lot of room for its shields, which are relatively weak compared to other strands. What makes this particular breed of Dovin Basal special is its ability to prioritize its other systems at the command of the pilot. The Yorik-et comes with x settings that can be switched to. This switch doesn't occur immediately and the Dovin Basal needs at least a minute or two to refocus its attention elsewhere. Furthermore, once the ship has switched its focus it remains locked into it for the next five to ten minutes. In essence realistically speaking the boost system should only be used in emergencies, because there won't be a lot of options to switch it around again.
    Fortress: The Dovin Basal prioritizes shields over other primary systems. [ -2 to Maneuverability & Speed, +4 to Defense ]
  • Assault: Additional priority to the weapon systems, while other systems suffer. [ -1 to Maneuverability & Speed, +2 to Armament ]
  • Flight: Prioritizes speed and maneuverability over other systems. [ +2 to Maneuverability & Speed, -4 to Armament ]

Strengths:
  • Fast & Maneuverable: It's agile and fast. Its connection to its pilot allows feats within space that can't easily be matched by standard fighters.
  • Powerful: Its weaponry pack a very good punch.
  • Boost: Gives the pilot some more versatility in a changing battlefield to one degree or the other.
Weaknesses:
  • Fragile: It can't survive many direct hits.
  • Force Dead: Unlike other Yuuzhan Vong creations this Yorik-et is not Force Dead. It can be fooled and manipulated through the Force like any other ship.
  • Susceptible: They are allergic to common Yuuzhan Vong threats like bafforr pollen. Depending on the scale and intensity the Yorik-et might die, be disabled or become far less effective.
  • Boost: The time constraints on shifting the Basal's priority means the pilot needs to be keenly aware of what they are doing. A wrong move can cripple their ship in that particular scenario.
Description: After the events of the Soulsaber quest with [member="Darth Ophidia"] Cerbera became increasingly more interested in the tech and creations of the Yuuzhan Vong. During the scape Cerbera and Ophidia hijacked an experimental frigate-class of Yuuzhan Vong origins, within it were all manners of designs, theories and shaping protocols.

Utilizing her own knowledge of bio-engineering, the newfound shaping protocols and the existence of a new ally Cerbera began the growth of a new generation of Yorik-et. With a few twists and turns this Yorik-et is fast, agile and powerful, but most of its defenses were stripped away to accommodate these changes. It has virtually no protection against the common counters of the Yuuzhan Vong and the usual Force Deadness was stripped away during the engineering process.

As a result this strain of the Yorik-et is highly competent and capable to dish out the pain, while avoiding the brunt of damage leveled against it.

Cerbera said:
Manufacturer: Cerbera | Dzujen'qo. Production: Limited

This is a little bit tricky. Workshops in general usually make very small runs of goods. This is from the Workship Template:

• Tier: (How skilled is your Workshop? New Workshops start out at a maximum of Tier II. Tiers increase on a scale of I-VI (1-6), with Tier I being a very small or new Workshop, with little support or influence in the galaxy. Think ‘mom and pop shop’. Tier VI could be a big, big name in the galaxy, or could keep a low profile, known only in certain circles. Even at Tier VI, though, your Workshop would only create Unique and Semi-Unique products.)
Somewhat compounding this issue, Dzujen'go doesn't seem to have "ships" in its operations, though I see an argument that vong-shaping is more related to alchemy than traditional shipbuilding.

Because of this, my suggestion would be to change production to "Semi-unique" and add either "shipbuilding" or "Vong shaping" to Dzujen'go's operations via a company modification request.

Cerbera said:
Production: Limited Material: Yorik coral TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS Classification: Starfighter Length: 14 meters Width: 3 meters Height: 5 meters Armament: High Defenses: Very Low Squadron Count: Average: 12 Maneuverability Rating: High Speed Rating: High Hyperdrive Class: Average: 1
Overall, this is a little high in ratings. Even if production is increased to semi-unique, we're still about one rating over.

Cerbera said:
Defenses: Very Low

I'm not sure about this. Typically, very low defenses means exceptionally weak or nonexistent shielding. Dovin Basals seem to be the Vong equivalent of shields, though I'm aware that they're used for other things as well. If you do want to keep the defense at "very low", I'd recommend putting something in the submission to the effect that this dovin basal is relatively weak for defensive purposes.

Cerbera said:
Gravity. The Dovin Basal is capable of projecting a strong gravitational field around itself for a few minutes at a time. This is very draining, but allows it catch close fighters in its wake and interfere with their piloting.
What is the practical effect of this "draining"?

[member="Gir Quee"]

Gir Quee said:
This is a little bit tricky. Workshops in general usually make very small runs of goods. This is from the Workship Template:

Somewhat compounding this issue, Dzujen'go doesn't seem to have "ships" in its operations, though I see an argument that vong-shaping is more related to alchemy than traditional shipbuilding.

Because of this, my suggestion would be to change production to "Semi-unique" and add either "shipbuilding" or "Vong shaping" to Dzujen'go's operations via a company modification request.
My rationale for this was that Yuuzhan Vong ships rely on Shipwombs to grow their ships. In my head little fighters like these really only need a template and material, while growing themselves. So I figured that a workshop would have the means to sustain such low-scale limited projects. Let me know if that doesn't jive for you and I can make some more tweaks.

As for the operations, I posted this tier up for the workshop little more than a week ago. The work IC has already been done to make this feasible, but I figured that since it was taking a bit for it to be updated, this would be fine. Again, if that doesn't jive with you, I can make an edit.

Gir Quee said:
Overall, this is a little high in ratings. Even if production is increased to semi-unique, we're still about one rating over.
I forgot for a second that hyperdrives actually matter for balance for 50m crafts and smaller, but I have removed the hyperdrives entirely and added another weakness to reflect that. That should balance the ratings out a bit.

Gir Quee said:
What is the practical effect of this "draining"?
Honestly, I was trying to formulate a response to this where it would have a practical effect without being either overpowered or ineffective... and I couldn't really get that onto paper. So I removed it and replaced it with a 'boost' system that also addresses your concern with the Dovin Basal.

Let me know if I need to clarify anything!

Cerbera said:
My rationale for this was that Yuuzhan Vong ships rely on Shipwombs to grow their ships. In my head little fighters like these really only need a template and material, while growing themselves. So I figured that a workshop would have the means to sustain such low-scale limited projects. Let me know if that doesn't jive for you and I can make some more tweaks.
I'm going to actually refer to this post of Cira's in the Factory Question and Answer thread:

Work shops are not meant for mass production of items. A workshop is a small shop that specializes in unique to semi unique items.

"A Workshop is a small operation, comparable in size to a Tier One Company. A Workshop’s growth in tier reflects increasing prestige and expertise in a specialized field"

Comparable to a tier 1 company -- and a tier 1 company is unable to mass produce items.
Because of that, I think limited isn't really an option right now. What you could do though, is make multiple semi-unique variants of this ship for different customers or purposes.

Cerbera said:
As for the operations, I posted this tier up for the workshop little more than a week ago. The work IC has already been done to make this feasible, but I figured that since it was taking a bit for it to be updated, this would be fine. Again, if that doesn't jive with you, I can make an edit.
Works for me. We'll probably have to wait for that modification to be official before I can approve this.

Cerbera said:
Gir Quee, on 20 Mar 2018 - 11:59 PM, said: Overall, this is a little high in ratings. Even if production is increased to semi-unique, we're still about one rating over. I forgot for a second that hyperdrives actually matter for balance for 50m crafts and smaller, but I have removed the hyperdrives entirely and added another weakness to reflect that. That should balance the ratings out a bit. Gir Quee, on 20 Mar 2018 - 11:59 PM, said: What is the practical effect of this "draining"? Honestly, I was trying to formulate a response to this where it would have a practical effect without being either overpowered or ineffective... and I couldn't really get that onto paper. So I removed it and replaced it with a 'boost' system that also addresses your concern with the Dovin Basal. Let me know if I need to clarify anything!
These changes look solid and well thought out to me.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Fair enough, I guess I was slightly confused because a T1 company can produce military ships at 500m on a production of minor? So, I figured Limited would be fine here together with the shipwomb rationale.

Either way- I lowered the production to semi-unique, lowered the squadron count to Low (8) to accommodate the fact a semi-unique production only has a run of 10. To balance that out I upped my hyperdrive rating by two to average and removed the hyperdrive weakness as a result.

Let me know if I need to change anything else.

Question tough- if I remove the Dzujen'qo manufacturer and only keep Cerbera, can we pass this without waiting for the company mods? Because that might take a while more.

Cerbera said:
Question tough- if I remove the Dzujen'qo manufacturer and only keep Cerbera, can we pass this without waiting for the company mods? Because that might take a while more.
I personally wouldn't see an issue with this.

Just went over this one more time to look for any minor issues that may pop up.

Cerbera said:
Fortress:The Dovin Basal prioritizes shields over other primary systems. [ -2 to Maneuverability & Speed, +4 to Shields ] Assault: Additional priority to the weapon systems, while other systems suffer. [ -1 to Maneuverability & Speed, +2 to Weapons ]

Conceptually this remains solid, though I'd like to see a slight semantic change to match the template. If you'll change "Shields" to "Defense" and "Weapons" to "Armament" in this section please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom