Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yggdrasil Orchid

Status
Not open for further replies.
119F7963AC026D9B378BEDC36F02F97062A44B4D.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a mass food source for the Draconian System
  • Image Source: Here (Steam workshop for Stellaris)
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Gas giant, Planting and gathering station
  • Length: 200,000 Km (200,000,000 Meters)
  • Width: 140,000 Km (140,000,000 Meters)
  • Height: 200,000 Km (200,000,000 Meters)
  • Armament: None
  • Defenses: Low
  • Hangar Space:
    • Civilian Hangers for transport off the station (Both sides going to the planet below, or out into space
    • Cargo Bay
  • Maneuverability Rating: None
  • Speed Rating: None
  • Hyperdrive: None
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Rail-Jet Transit System-For quick Transport
  • Light Residential Areas
  • Light Scientific Areas
  • Life support
  • Cargo Bay
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Gas giant Inside: Any Gas Giant inside these structure's tend to look more like a massive Arial farm, with simple Unique plant life floating in large droves in the upper atmosphere.
  • Highly Efficient Solar Panels (HESP): These solar panels take light and energy from the nearby star, and turn it into usable power for the whole structure. They also store power in internal battery's that store power for emergency's
  • Organic Bacteria for Habitation (OBH): Throughout the massive orb center, there are machines that spray microscopic bacteria to maintain the planet's Atmosphere below. These Bacteria are harmful for any life that were not uniquely made to survive on the planet below, in large doses
  • Complex Labratories: The large ring built around the planet will serve as a laboratory to develop and genetically engineer the perfect lifeforms which will then be implanted into the Gas Giant's upper atmosphere to have them multiply. Droves of Scientist are on constant standby to constantly maintain and/or Improve these simple organisms
  • Weather Manipulators: These incredibly complex structures carefully regulate the Gas Giant's tumultuous atmosphere to make sure the lifeforms implanted there will survive.
STRENGTHS
  • Can Provide organic food for whole systems
  • Mostly Automated
WEAKNESSES
  • No Standard defense
  • Large teams needed to maintain both Automated systems, AND the integrity of the Needed Bacteria
DESCRIPTION
It has only been a few decades since some of the greatest minds of Draconia would come up with one of the greatest problem solvers in near millennia. The Yggdrasil (Named after the great Dragon 'Yggdrasil The Growing) was a large modified star station, whose primary purpose was to create food and simple organisms on a gas planet.

While the construction took nearly 20 years, and an extra 5 years to pump the needed bacteria into 'Forconis' it has since proven to be a massive success, providing food for the Billions that would live on Draconia and its ring, but would also provide enough to ship to the planets in need around the Galaxy, for a fair and reasonable price.

Since organic food is more than plentiful for the billions back home, its secretes are well kept within the highly defended vaults on Draconia

It is NOT organic life that is grown on the rocky surface of the gas giant, rather it keeps its operations in the upper atmosphere. Simple genetically created microscopic organisms are implanted into the upper atmosphere. These bacteria then keep growing using the Heat that rises from the surface, and the water/ice in the Gaseous Atmosphere. Eventually, large continental-sized organic floating landmasses, are slowly collected using specialized drones, and processed into edible food.

Last edited:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Damion Dorian Tarkin Damion Dorian Tarkin

Hello, so I am going to be handling this today.

has the blueprints able to provide more the the galaxy at large
Production: Unique
As a unique production you wouldn't have multiple. Even logistically a megastructure like this needs massive funding, massive backing that major factions would need to work at. I would remove that from the intent as more then highly unlikely this will be a one and done.

Gas giant Inside: Any Gas Giant inside these structure's tend to look more like a massive farm and/or Ranch for food production
THis is going to need a lot more to it including canon examples. Because a gaseous planet even though it might have a small rocky core. As a quick google search will say. The pressure on the surface of Jupiter's core would be 30-45 million times that of on Earth, and the temperature 6 times that of the surface of the Sun. Assuming you could land on said rocky core and survive, the heat and pressure would likely ensure nothing could grow down there.

Organic Bacteria for Habitation (OBH): Throughout the massive orb center, there are machines that spray microscopic bacteria to maintain the planet below. These Bacteria are harmful for any life that were not uniquely made to survive on the planet below.
This like the above is going to need heavy explanation and canon backing. Bacteria that can convert a gas giant at that level is verging beyond even celestial technologies which would still be banned. I saw in the codex there once was mention of Rakatan and they didn't even have anything close to that. The Starforge the pinnacle of their technologies relied on the force to function and produce. This is not using a mystical entity that binds the galaxy together to bypass natural laws of the universe.

Talking with some of the others, it was mentioned that if this was a super old structure created and essentially broken down possibly. It wouldn't have any to much capability but it wouldn't be something that could be created by a non major with that much hoodoo going for it that doesn't have the canon backing.

As a unique production you wouldn't have multiple. Even logistically a megastructure like this needs massive funding, massive backing that major factions would need to work at. I would remove that from the intent as more then highly unlikely this will be a one and done.
My bad that was an old remnant that was copied over, It is changed now. Should only be one

THis is going to need a lot more to it including canon examples.
Considering I was never intending for anyone to land on the planets surface, and have everything more or less take place in the gass clouds in the planets upper atmosphere, However I will admit that is bad wording on my part, I think I have corrected all , for clarity.

I also Added a bit more to the Description to briefly tell how it works

This like the above is going to need heavy explanation and canon backing.
At the time I did make it use rakata Tech, but ultimately was told not to so I did not use it. Again I think I failed to be clear in what I wanted this to do. All mentions of "The Surface" has been changed into "Upper atmosphere" or similar. I added ...
  • Weather Manipulators: These incredibly complex structures carefully regulate the Gas Giant's tumultuous atmosphere to make sure the lifeforms implanted there will survive.
...to support the Atmosphere. We know that in cannon life CAN be sustained in these portions of the planet. Bespin city is a good example

Also Added Labatories, to promote the generally created organism

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge

...to support the Atmosphere. We know that in cannon life CAN be sustained in these portions of the planet. Bespin city is a good example

Bespin is not really a good example. As it didn't manipulate the planet the platforms existed in the Life Zone of the gas giant a specifically small area where it was breathable and able to survive.

And after discussing it with John, it was decided this could be either an orbital rig like kuat and it could siphon the atmosphere for a larger scale hydroponics operation. Or an asteroid is managable. On a smaller scale. FOr mega and gigastructures that major factions and some of the laargest corporations would struggle with. This isn't going to pass.

Denied.

Please don’t get bogged down in details, this is pretty simple - gigastructures like you find in Stellaris dont really exist in Star Wars. The energy demand is too great. There are a few examples, but they are the exception, not the rule.

However, while it doesnt really hurt anything to approve something like this, I personally would just ask yourself - does it have any impact on RP? Have you referenced it in RP? Does the RP really change if you scale it down?

Also, I’d advise you dont use Stellaris mods and images of Stellaris mods and names from Stellaris mods in conjunction with images from Stellaris mods. It feels a bit too intellectual property infringey, as Yggdrasil Orchids were invented by the mod author for the game.

A good writer adapts. Adapt this! You have a good foundation laid out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom