Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yet Another Day

Hugh Seyley

H
"I would love to learn about these things. It's so interesting... Maybe you could... teach me?" I asked. Well, I didn't think he would've taken me to the Order, I just simply hoped, that maybe he's okay with teaching me a few things and... stuff. Maybe meditation, using the Force, going adventuring to find information about different philosophies, etc.... Well, I didn't dislike the Order, but I just didn't want to belong into any of the major powers in the galaxy. They were strong and most of them seemed quite interesting and safe, but they weren't what I was looking for.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen smiled at @[member="Cameron Paté"]'s request. "That sounds reasonable, though I don't think the masters would be happy with me teaching you any of the higher techniques without you joining the order." Being taught by an independent force user for most of his life, Vulpesen was familiar with this sort of thing, and it actually felt rather nice being on the flip side of that coin.

Hugh Seyley

H
Well, I didn't expect that. "But... maybe you could teach me the basics and then I can see if I want to join the Order?" I asked. It sounded logical to me, but... Maybe Jedi had their own strict rules which didn't allow anything like that. I knew basically nothing about them. Only their main goals and the way they work were known to me and not much else. Yet... I wanted to find out about other philosophies so much, that it made me want to join Jedi. It was a dilemma.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen and broadened his smile. "That sounds good. I'll assume that you would first like to learn how to feel the force." So far, things were looking good, and Vulpesen was hoping that they would continue to be as such. "To do so, you must clear your mind and focus on the life around you. The force is everywhere, and you are connected with it. To start your path, all you must do is acknowledge and reach out for it."@[member="Cameron Paté"]

Hugh Seyley

H
"So... We are going to meditate?" I asked from him. It sounded like we were, so I sat down in a position I heard was used for meditation. I focused on getting rid of thoughts, but this seemingly easy task was actually really difficult. How could one think about nothing, but only about everything that surrounded me. I tried to focus on breathing, too, but it was really hard.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen nodded and sat down with him. "You catch on quickly." Feeling a shuffle in his coat as Ace adjusted to his new position, Vulpesen relaxed himself before speaking again. "All distractions should be wiped away from your mind. Focus first on yourself. Your breathing, your position on the ground. To feel the force around you, you must first find it within yourself. Only then can you extend yourself into the world around you." Focusing in on himself, Vulpesen went through an exercise similar to what he described. Perhaps @Cameron Paté would be able to sense the change, but regardless of whether or not he could at the moment, Vulpesen was going to teach him the skills to do so.

Hugh Seyley

H
I concentrated on my breathing, trying to be as relaxed as possible. It was actually really difficult to breathe slowly, feeling every breath. But after some time - which seemed a rather long time - I managed to get control over it. After that, like the Jedi had guided, I tried to focus on noticing where I am, how I am. I felt comfortable, the grass under me was green, I think, and it felt good. I sat on a horizontal ground, it was almost perfectly flat. Only a few higher formations ruined the ground there. It felt powerful. I had never thought meditating could be that awesome.

I tried to expand my focus on everything around me, but it took me some time to understand how to do it, what should I do exactly.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

"The life around you. It's always flowing, always moving. Every person is their own object in the force. Like drops of water which have fallen into a river. Search and look for the flow, find it coursing through you as it makes its way to the rest of the galaxy. How it feels may differ from person to person, but regardless, it is there and it is waiting for you to connect to it. Once your can feel it moving through you, follow it to the world around you." Vulpesen hoped that @[member="Cameron Paté"] would be able to find the force. Meditation was a good way of transcending the physical world and connecting with the power of the force. Through his words, he was hoping that this meadownian would be able to find his connection.

Hugh Seyley

H
Vulpesen's description was honestly quite strange. It seemed bizarre, because the whole time when I discussed things with him, I had thought the Force is something really different. I don't even know what I was thinking of, but it was something different. But I tried to understand and do what he told me to. I pictured the Force flowing through the place and I tried to step into it, but it felt... strange. It wasn't comfortable. It was cold and it pushed me away. The tension of it was different. I didn't like it that much.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen could sense the turmoil in the mans force presence as he found it hard to access the force. "Relax, as I said the force manifests itself for different people in different ways. Find the way it welcomes you best. Do not try to force it to obey you. Such things can only be done with hatred and pain. Those are two catalysts that are best to be avoided." @[member="Cameron Paté"]

Hugh Seyley

H
I sighed, nodded, and tried to let it go. I don't control the Force, the Force controls me... The flowing energy which I didn't control anymore just moved away from me, almost fading into distance. Despite being confused, I tried to follow it, but it seemed like it just changed its location every time I tried to find it. And that was a strange thing. I think I was too unsure to do it... "I... I... just..." I started.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen focused and reached out, lending @[member="Cameron Paté"] some of his own power, attempting to increase the light within. "You have taken the first steps, but you still cannot reach the force. Try to focus on yourself and search for the force within your own self. Find it and reach for it. There is no need for control. Not yet. You're first step is to find it, recognize it, and sense it."

Hugh Seyley

H
"Argh... It's so difficult. Maybe I am not good enough to become a Jedi?" I asked, being a bit ashamed and angry at myself. Why is it so hard to just let things happen? Why do I want to make things happen? I'm sure all Padawans started like me, but... I think I'm the worst. "Are there any different ways to approach the Force?" I am pathetic. Or at least at that moment, I was. Trying to find an easier way was not something I often did, but connecting with the Force was a lot more difficult for me than any real things. The Force didn't seem real enough to be considered something normal.

At least for me.

@[member="Vulpesen"] (I'm really sorry for the long delay)

Vulpesen watched patiently and sat down. "Yes, there is. There's always another way to feel the force. So tell me, knowing that it is what binds every living thing and that it is literally everywhere, what would you say such a force should feel like and how should it move?" Vulpesen was a versatile person and had learned many ways to use the force, however many of those ways included rituals and practices that he was not perfect in. Some of them were even dangerous. No, it would be best to let Cameron find his own way as trying to use something like a lightning rod technique wold likely leave the poor boy in a crisp. And who knows what would happen if he failed a Dathomiri spell.

(@[member="Cameron Paté"] as long as you come back.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom