Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Years Gone By

c8bd3b55cee642623dc750e4507acc26.png
Planet: Nar Shaddaa​
Time was such a slippery thing, and Ballen-Ist feared he had lost his grip on it. High atop a Techno Union owned skyscraper, the young man attempted to gaze towards the horizon, which was blotted out by the various tall buildings that littered the planets surface. How long had he been on this planet, he wondered. The roaring engine of his Fury-class interceptor would interrupt the Sith's train of thought, causing him to glance towards the old ship that began it's ascent towards the surface.

It was no longer needed, for Ballen-Ist intended to spend as much time on Nar Shaddaa as he needed to achieve his intended goal. The years gone by had shaped the Pureblood into a powerful user of the dark side, his time spent meditating and hunting the Jedi that plagued the planet. Not that it wasn't already doomed to die, but the Jedi were another story. Especially the one he was after, due their ties with Maleus, and inadvertently Ferus as well. He was obsessed with hunting them, especially after...

The Sith's gloved hand rose to trace along the front of the metallic helmet he wore, tracing along where a narrow gash had once been open in the material. A scar stretching along his face had been inflicted upon the Pureblood, thanks to the efforts of three Jedi he had lured into a trap. He had been able to defeat them for the most part, but they had caught him off guard. He had failed. Ballen-Ist's blood boiled as he recalled the sensation of the burning plasma, his screams as his flesh was melted.

With the aid of modern medicine, the Knight's wound had managed to be healed to a degree, though the scar was still quite visible. Turning from the landing pad, the Sith would make his way along the catwalk, before he entered a turbolift that would shoot him straight down into the lower levels of Nar Shaddaa. He had sensed a disturbance in the force, and was compelled to venture into the depths of the city planet, his black cloak clutched around his body as he stepped out into the grimy streets. He hated this place.

[member="Darth Elecebra"]

But Luminara hated it more.​
Causing trouble had been one of her many pass-times in her younger days. But it seemed to finally be catching up with her. She enjoyed the thrill of the hunt in all aspects. But when the hunters were numerous, powerful, and cunning, the game became less and less fun. Luminara had been running for about two years. She had narrowly escaped death on multiple occasions. She had also inflicted it far too many times to count.​
This time, however, things were very much different. She had been tracked to the place she had been certain she could hide in. Nar Shaddaa was a planet so filled with Sith and life in general that she was certain that she would have melted seamlessly into the cracks until the major hunt had boiled over. Unfortunately, she hadn't been anticipating hunters that were actually waiting for her.​
It was her own stupidity that had gotten her into this. Of course there would be Sith that were equally interested in her bounty. Luminara of all people should have realized this. But she hadn't thought of it until it was too late.​
And now, there she was, standing face-to-face with the last hunter in a small group that had been tailing her throughout the city. She'd been fighting for hours, which was how she'd managed to off all his companions. But the hunter in question was much more skilled then they had been. She was seething with rage, staring him down with her lightsaber in her hand and a large wound in her side from his own blade. It was her anger alone that was keeping her on her feet.​
[member="Ballen-Ist"]​

Darkness descended upon the lower levels of Nar Shaddaa, the path ahead and streets lit by numerous light posts. Ballen-Ist's cloaked figure drew many glances from those that were about, though it usually never went further than that. He could also count on meeting interesting people at a cantina, but he only did so when seeking out leads. The dark side of the force was about, the Sith Knight could feel its presence in the air, the thick rage that would eventually guide him to what he had sensed. As he walked through the streets, he noticed the scent of death before glancing towards the bodies strewn about here and there.

It looked like someone was having fun, the Sith thought with a distasteful frown. Continuing at a brisk pace, Ballen-Ist's cloak would flow behind him in his momentum, his body coming to a sudden stop as he squinted. Piercing through the helmet's visor and examining what he saw through the force, the Knight instantly recognized [member="Darth Elecebra"], and an unnamed individual who seemed to be giving her trouble. Interesting indeed, just what he had been looking for to take his mind off of the maelstrom of thoughts within it.

The Sith's figure would advance at a renewed pace, a frightfully calm posture as he nearly jogged towards the duo. His thoughts disappeared he delved into his seemingly endless anger, and hatred. It was uncharacteristic of him, but he needed this. Lifting an arm, the Knight would project his dark force energy, creating a dozen streams of violet electricity that would arch through the air and towards the bounty hunter.

Ballen-Ist wasn't sure what kind of blade he had, but if he was lucky he would be able to absorb the electricity, and maybe take only the concussive impact. From beneath his helmet, the Sith would give Luminara a questioning look, a smirk lining his lips after examining her. Even though she couldn't see it, he was sure she sensed the amusement he got from seeing her in such a state. He wondered what she had gotten herself into.

The lightning was enough to distract the fully-armored hunter. As the man whipped around to see the new threat, Luminara suddenly launched herself into him. She aimed the brunt of her attack at taking out the blade he held. If he wasn't wielding that sword, she would have a much easier time taking him down. Her eyes darted to the new attacker.​
She could feel the familiarity of him. Ballen.... She shot him a glare.​
The man fell to the ground and proceeded to try and get the Twi'lek off himself. One of his methods was to drive his armored elbow into her side a couple times. She grunted painfully, faltering temporarily from the pain. He kicked her off.​
[member="Ballen-Ist"]​

This was a pathetic display on [member="Darth Elecebra"]'s end, and Ballen-Ist was still a bit surprised to see her in such a state. He had tried to help her, though by the glare she had shot him it appeared as if she was angry. A reoccurring theme, apparently. A wry laugh would escape the Pureblood's lips as he began to walk forward once more, inhaling sharply as he watched the bounty hunter kick the Sith off of him. He began to scramble to his feet, reaching for his weapon and lifting it above his head. Ballen-Ist would call to the dark side, taking control of the force within and around him as he projected it forward through the air.

Telekinetic tendrils of energy would launch forth, gripping the bounty hunter's body and flinging him backwards about ten meters. He fell to the ground with a crash, groaning as he struggled to regain his composure. Though, he would. Casting one last glance at the hostile before averting his attention to Luminara, the Red Sith would shake his helmeted head from side to side before speaking, "What have you gotten yourself into this time?" He asked, wondering if she had decided to kill the wrong random group of drunkards.

Luminara leaned heavily against the side of a building, clutching the deep wound on her side. That damn armor.... Crimson blood stained her pure white skin. She huffed a couple times before gritting her teeth and coming to stand up fully again. She ignored Ballen's comment, her fury completely focused on the hunter. She reached out with the Force and locked him into an invisible grip.​
"What must a woman do die in peace?"
She the slammed him several times into the walls of the buildings. The armor was durable. But the man's neck was a different story. After a few more hits on the wall, and then two hits on the ground, Luminara let his limp body go.​
She exhaled very heavily.​
[member="Ballen-Ist"]​

The hunter had managed to regain his composure, as [member="Darth Elecebra"] herself stood up against the wall of a nearby building. Ballen-Ist had remained relatively silent throughout the whole conflict, aside from his earlier comment. He continued to watch in a curious manner, further examining Luminara's wounds as she held them painfully. Part of him thought she was doing this on purpose, it was hard to figure out the woman.

Directing his gaze down the street, the Red Sith stood unwavering as the bounty hunter was lifted into the air with a telekinetic grasp, being sent flying into the duracrete surfaces that surrounded him. Unfortunately, it didn't look like he had made it out of that one alive, which eliminated the possibility of gathering any valuable information. If Luminara didn't already have it, of course. Stepping forward, Ballen-Ist would laugh quietly to himself once more, his voice sounding robotic as it was filtered by the helmet he wore.

He also donned light battle armour, that covered most of his vital areas while leaving some space for flexibility. However, the cloak that folded around his body did not reveal this to anyone, for it also concealed his weaponry beneath. "You aren't the most subtle Sith, you know." The Knight declared, looking around at the bodies and blood that stained the streets. He still had no idea what she had done to garner the attention of such a deadly group, though he had little doubt it was due to her own mischief. She would have trouble seeking a peaceful death if so.

Luminara sat down, groaning slightly. For one who enjoyed pain, the fact that this was bothering her so much was evidence that it was serious.​
"I never tried to be... And look at where it's gotten me...."
She huffed, tipping her hand away from her wound to look at all the blood. She made a sharp inhale, covering it again.​
[member="Ballen-Ist"]​

Another laugh escaped the Sith's lips, as he began to slowly approach [member="Darth Elecebra"]. "That much is obvious," he spoke, remembering how she preferred to be seen rather than unseen. Some did not want to admit it, but a large part about being Sith was knowing when and how to act, in order to strike and inflict the most damage possible. Luminara had gained much power since he had first met her on Korriban, though she still had a lot to learn if she had allowed herself to be in this state.

"How many are there?" He questioned, lifting a gloved hand before stopping before the woman. Dark side energy was building up within the Knight, and for a moment it appeared as if he were going to attack. Though, his manipulation of the force was done in a careful and precise way, a bright orange glow emanating from the tips of his fingers. Removing her hand from the wound with his opposite gloved hand, Ballen-Ist would thrust his arm forward, projecting a thin stream of intensely hot flame.

It scorched through the air, and attempted to scathe the surface of the Twi'lek's skin. If such was done, the deep gash on her side would be cauterized, ceasing to bleed only to be replaced by an even more extreme pain. Though if anything, it would allow her to draw on the dark side more effectively, for the time being. Luminara was a prodigy in the force, her power most likely laying specifically with the dark side. He was still surprised to see her like this, and was eager to learn about what had happened.

Luminara's hand shot up, gripping his shoulder intensely as the fire bit into her skin. She grunted a bit.​
"I don't know how many there are. All I know is that there are plenty to go around, and that they always show up..."
She glared at him through his visor.​
"I'm surprised you even tried to help...."
[member="Ballen-Ist"]

Ballen-Ist would lower his arms, letting them relax by his side as his dark cloak resumed it's position around his body. The bright flames that he had created would dissipate into the air, dancing upwards before disappearing into nothingness. "Good, good," the Red Sith would mutter in response to her first statement, glad that there would be more individuals to potentially capture and interrogate. If he was lucky, this group could be affiliated with the Jedi rebels based on the planet.

The young man's eyes would glow a bright golden hue, shining through the helmets visor as he stared back into [member="Darth Elecebra"]'s eyes. "You're the only target of these assassins, I assume. I'll need you with me if I wish to draw them out," the Sith replied, little trace of compassion or caring for the woman found in his voice. Still, it was good to see a familiar face, especially one he had grown fond of in the past. "Why are they trying to kill you?"

"I can only assume that my past behavior has made me infamous in some regard. The hunt was small at first. I had fun with it. But it quickly grew to the point in which I had no other choice but to flee. Like a coward...."
Luminara replied bitterly. She used her grip on his shoulder to pull herself up. She wobbled a moment, but managed to stay upright. The Twi'lek continued to look into the two golden shimmers behind his visor. Her expression softened ever so slightly.​
"... A part of me actually missed you, you know..."
[member="Ballen-Ist"]

Ballen-Ist listened intently to [member="Darth Elecebra"], absorbing the information she spoke. It was possible that these people were not affiliated at all with the Jedi, instead perhaps with Techno Union authorities in order to hunt down and get rid of any bothersome Sith that overstepped their boundaries. He wasn't surprised that they had gotten fed up with Luminara's antics, if that was the case. Remaining firm and balanced as the woman pulled herself up on his shoulder, Ballen-Ist would smile ever-so softly beneath his helmet, a genuine one at that. He didn't push such emotions away completely like some Sith, but he was not fond of expressing them so openly.

He was glad that he wore the helmet. "How long has it been? Years?" The Red Sith speculated, wondering how long Luminara had been on the run. He remembered a similar period in his life, however short lived it might have been. He cursed himself for creating what his ex-apprentice had become. Luminara was different however, and held no allegiance to any faction in specific. It was no wonder she had been running for so long.

Lifting his gloved hands, the young man would grip the sides of his helmet, pulling the metallic headgear from around his neck and tucking it beneath an arm. Ballen-Ist appeared somewhat older now, his features a bit sharper and distinguished. The scar that lined his face was now visible, as the Sith with a similar softened expression. "We all make mistakes, and it's up to us to correct them. We can catch up after we deal with these assassins, yes?" The Sith offered, not wanting to be disturbed for affiliating with Luminara.

Luminara said nothing for a moment. One of her hands came up, and gently traced its fingers along the scar.​
"You've matured...."
[member="Ballen-Ist"]

"Perhaps," the young man muttered, wondering in which ways [member="Darth Elecebra"] had meant it. He had grown physically and mentally, though only the former was visibly apparent. Reaching up to take her hand into his own as he gently pulled it away from his scar, the Sith would close his eyes, reminded of how it had been inflicted upon him.

It made him angry to the point of no return, yet he still was somewhat in control as his hand trembled around Luminara's. "I wish I could say the same for you. Though, we all start somewhere." Ballen-Ist replied, wondering if she would give up her tomfoolery on Nar Shaddaa. It would probably be best to not do so at all, or on another planet at least. He could feel the conflict in her, also wondering where it would lead her.

Her glare returned. She gently removed her hand from his.​
"I came here to live out the rest of my days in solitude. I didn't come here to be the fool that you once knew."
Luminara turned around and began walking down the dark street. She didn't come here to be told that she needed to learn or that she was wrong. She'd figured that out a long time ago. All she wanted now was to find one place where she could learn her own without having to compete for favor or run away. For once, she wasn't craving anyone's company...​
[member="Ballen-Ist"]​

Ballen-Ist was not surprised this time, as [member="Darth Elecebra"]'s face twisted into a glare once again. He was skilled at striking her chords. Still holding the metallic helmet under his arm, the Red Sith would hurry after the Twi'lek, his pace slowing as he came up beside her. "Alright, you have matured,"

Ballen-Ist admitted, having noticed the change in Luminara. "But there are many other places you could've hidden. Why didn't you seek me out?" The Sith questioned curiously, his brow arching slightly. He probably would have been able to help her out, even if in the slightest. He was here now though, so that was a start.

"I hardly think that I need assistance in this endeavor. And, even if I were to sink to such a level and ask for help, what makes you think I'd ask you? You have so much more to do with your precious faction, after all..."
Luminara replied a bit haughtily.​
"I came here under the dim-witted assumption that I wouldn't be found. Obviously, I was wrong."
[member="Ballen-Ist"]

[member="Darth Elecebra"] had never enjoyed being apart of any major movements, but now it seemed as if she avoided it all together. Ballen-Ist remembered that she had served in a few Sith aligned groups, though that was the extent of his knowledge. The Red Sith himself was still involved with the One Sith, thanks to his brief work in the Sith Assassins guild.

"Wrong on more than one front as well," the Knight spoke, his gaze becoming somewhat harsh as Luminara succeeded in getting under his skin. She always assumed that he was some sort of fanboy. "I could have arranged something, at the very least. These hunters seem fairly organized... Should we take them out before leaving?" The Sith questioned, wondering if she would be able to battle in her state.

Luminara shot him a look over her shoulder.​
"We won't be doing anything. I will be getting out of here before another man clad in shiny armor decides to impale me with his sword."
[member="Ballen-Ist"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom