Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Yeah, no, I'd rather not.

Wake brushed his temple off with a towel and let out a breath, offering her a lopsided smile, "Wow, now there's a look," he said with a grunt, shaking his head, "And I was so kind to you."

He threw the towel around his neck and straightened up as she began to give the details on some artifacts he could get his hands on. His eyes glittered but he didn't say anything in particular regarding the information. Instead, he just stood there and nodded when she agreed to leave the coordinates behind. He shrugged and walked over to a small chunk of rock where a water bottle was sitting. He cracked it open and took a swig before setting it down.

"You already got what you wanted out of the arrangement, I'm surprised you're even bothering with paying me," Wake said with a shrug, "I appreciate that."

He looked away from her, "I'm glad you came to your senses, you were in a bad way there for a bit. Everyone reacts to the ritual differently during the process and someone like you, who's been so repressed..." He trailed off and took another sip of water, "How do you feel? I have instructions for how to continue self treatment if you want, just unblocking your emotions is only the first step towards recovering from what happened to you after all."

He turned to stare at her and smiled, pretending that he hadn't offered her his affections in exchange for her gaining strength. She could pretend not to remember if she liked and he'd be pleased in that regard as well, since it showed she was going to be independent after her rebirth. Though at the same time, if she took the submissive route of confirming her memory, he certainly wouldn't be bothered with that result either. Both ways, he won, as another soul was saved from the Jedi and he had more memories and emotions of another person he had gained to add to his strength.

So he just sat down on the rock and watched her.

Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok
1pOTktR.png

"Wow, now there's a look. And I was so kind to you."

You manipulated me,” she retorted, though not with as much vehemence as she would have liked to spew. Miri wanted to believe that he was to blame—that it wasn’t through her own faults that she had been so easily led astray. She needed to believe that she hadn’t submitted to Wake, hadn’t made a deal with him, hadn’t tried to seduce him. How close she had come to forsaking @Kyell Laysel , her beloved…

"You already got what you wanted out of the arrangement, I'm surprised you're even bothering with paying me. I appreciate that."

Was that what he thought of her? More likely he was used to such treatment from others. She crossed her arms over her chest—and abruptly became aware that she was still wearing those dark robes from earlier. She could hardly stand to look at herself, clothed in the skin of her hateful enemy. With sudden violence, she reached up and tore off her left sleeve.

"I'm glad you came to your senses, you were in a bad way there for a bit. Everyone reacts to the ritual differently during the process and someone like you, who's been so repressed..."

I am not...” She tore off the other sleeve, turning the robes into more of a long tunic. “...repressed. But I have been powerless for too long. If I weren’t, I would have killed you already. I swear on my father's grave, one day I will kill you.” An oath which she knew would not be taken seriously, and which might even rouse his wrath. If he destroyed her now, at least then she wouldn't have to live with the shame of what had been in her heart.

"How do you feel? I have instructions for how to continue self treatment if you want, just unblocking your emotions is only the first step towards recovering from what happened to—."

I feel awful,” she interrupted, and that at least was true. “Whatever you did to me, you did it through guile and trickery. Trying to turn me against the ones I love…

Wake gasped, clasping his hand to his chest in feigned offense before lowering it and frowning at her, "Please, you wouldn't be back in control of your faculties and emotions if it weren't for that so-called manipulation," Wake said with a dramatic shrug, "Call it bedside manner," He cocked his head to the right and grinned at her with a bit of tease in his eyes, "Do you realize how hard it is to get an argumentative child to take their medicine, even if it's good for them?"

He watched her cross her arms, he'd offended her. But of course he did. He didn't trust Jedi at all, and people who had lived their lives suffering from the Jedi's curse were even more difficult to predict and understand. He had known it was possible that he wouldn't get paid for what he was doing. But he did it anyway. His expression turned from cool observance to amusement when she started tearing the robes. Darya let out a squeak of protest but Wake just shook his head at her.

Yjome was almost at her feet, though, her teeth beared. Wake kept his expression even as Miri responded to him, leveling her threats and tossing her disgust at his feet. Wake's head rose a bit higher as Miri accused him of trying to turn him against those she loved. His lip twitched, but she could feel that love even more strongly now, couldn't she? She wouldn't understand for a while, probably, the difference between the her before and the her now. Her heart was free, that's all there was to it.

Yjome snatched her lightsaber out of her belt and strode forward with a snarl, "Do not dare to pres-"

Wake whipped his head in her direction, "Yjome!" He barked, his eyes flashing from emerald to gold in an instant. The ground beneath her feet froze over and she slipped to the ground, the next moment telekinesis slammed down onto her back until her face was pressed against the ground. He released the pressure after a heartbeat and closed his eyes, shaking his head, "Sorry, we'll have a long talk about our self control later this evening," Wake said with a sigh and looked Miri in the eyes.

"If you want to hate me, hate me, Miri, I won't stop you. That's the beauty of what I did, your heart is free to feel what it wants to. Yes, having emotions is a form of suffering. It hurts," He said with a sad smile, "But that's just living isn't it? It's time to learn to live with what we've done. I, unlike the Jedi, refuse to take that from you."

Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok

1pOTktR.png

Miri said nothing. Not because she had nothing to say, but because there was no point. Wake was clearly a master manipulator; he would find a way to twist her words to his liking.

Yjone didn't take kindly to the accusations against her "father". She grabbed her lightsaber, stood up and strode forward, loathing in her eyes. But before Wake even had a chance to check her, Miri had struck out with the Force, shoving the girl backwards.

Staring at her outstretched hand in shock, whatever harsh words she had meant to add to the push died before they could ever pass her lips. It had been a long time since she had been able to use such raw unadulterated power. She had lashed out in self-defense, yes, but also in anger.

Wake spoke, telling her it was all right to hate him, all right to feel these things. That they needed to live with the consequences of their actions. "Are you talking about me, or yourself?" she asked softly. Letting her hand drop to her side, she suddenly felt very confused. "I'm going to leave now," she announced, her brow furrowing. She needed some time to think.

Wake watched Yjome get up, having taken a double-whammy from her father and their guest. Thoroughly infuriated, she stared at Wake for a few heartbeats before retreating to feast on the emotions that had been created by the exchange. Wake sighed, he'd have to apologize later. He glanced towards Miri and his expression relaxed a little. She'd lashed out in anger without hesitation, she'd allowed herself to feel and acted on those emotions. He only hoped that the emotions that were now liberated would not dominate her.

Then her scathing retort came in the form of soft words. His smile softened, "I suppose I am, a little," Wake admitted and then nodded. "We won't be here long, Miri. You'll find your weapons and supplies at your camp," Wake said and then hesitated, "Along with a comlink with my holonet address on it, do with it as you will," He turned away and made his way towards Darya who got to her feet slowly, watching Miri with caution.

"Be well, Miri. Congratulations," He said softly and pat Darya's shoulder, "Come, we should see to your sister, she's probably pouting."

With that, Wake walked away.

Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok

1pOTktR.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom