Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XR-24 “Rapier” Fast Tracking Laser Point Defense Turret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intent: To create an anti-fighter point defense laser system for the CIS and Salem’s personal ship “The Hand of Fate”
Development Thread: If requested.
Manufacturer: Baktoid Industrial Systems (Baktoid Fleet Ordnance)
Model: XR-24
Affiliation: CIS
Modularity:None (other than can be a battery of turrets)
Production:Mass Production
Material: Durasteel, Circuits
Description:

Before the events of Druckenwell and the woeful display of the current CIS ships, the CIS military in conjunction with Baktoid Fleet Ordnance, began redesigning their outdated systems. One of the first of those systems was anti-fighter defensive measures. The first prototypes were put on the Hand of Fate. After the terrible outcome at Druckenwell, the CIS put the system into full production.
The “Rapier” Fast Tracking Laser Point Defense Turrets use new and improved algorithms along with the powerful computing from Baktoid’s foray into both supercomputers and Artificial Intelligence have allowed these turrets to revolutionize the point defense field allowing fast tracking of incoming fighters.This allows them to not only follow and predict the movement of incoming hostiles but determine their projected flight patterns and deal with them appropriately.

The "Rapier" can track missiles with a higher probability of them being acquired faster than fighters due to their inherent nature of being less maneuverable the same can apply to bombers to some extent. That is 25% faster acquisition of Interceptors 35% percent faster on fighters and 45% on bombers/missiles. These can be single or in batteries.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Alli Wren"]

Lots of questions here. Exactly how much more efficient do you expect this to be versus a regular Point Defense Turret? Can it be bundled into a battery? Does this merely reflect a better targeting system or does the Rapier have an actual AI embedded into it?, If it's the latter and an AI is installed, is it one AI per ship or one per turret? If it's an AI does that mean the turrets are completely unmanned? If so with what priority does the AI assign different targets? Do the Rapiers only track fighters or do they also track and defend against warheads? Additionally, you've neglected to fill out the 'modularity' section of the template, I'll need that completed.

@me whenever you're ready.

I was saying the ability to track fast was due to better algorithms and advances in computing thanks to Baktoids exploration in the world of A.I's and supercomputers. There is not an A.I in the turret or ship.. unless that is a ship unique ability such as the hand of fate.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Alli Wren"]

Targeting computer then. Excellent. However, I'll still need you clear up the other points I mentioned. @me when you've sufficiently edited.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Alli Wren"]

I like the division of fighter/interceptor/bomber, but that doesn't cover warheads or account for abnormally fast/slow ships. I also really don't like that this significantly improves upon standard technology with no harmful side effects, no work put in, and cheap to produce. I'm going to need production dropped to minor and a dev thread done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom