Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech XO134-Pump Action Scattergun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dex Jusior

D
H5G-Render-Shotgun.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: (To create a different type of weapon)
  • Image Source: (here)
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Primary Source: (Halo - M90 shotgun)
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering Corporation
  • Affiliation: Independent
  • Market Status: Open-market
  • Model: (XO134-Pump Action Scattergun)
  • Modularity: (No)
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Durasteel
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Scatter-gun
  • Size: Average
  • Weight: Average
  • Ammunition Type: (Slug-thrower)
  • Ammunition Capacity: Small - 4 shots per gauge
  • Effective Range: Personal
  • Rate of Fire: Low
  • Damage Output: Very High
  • Recoil: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Barrel mounted flashlight
  • Heads Up Display which displays remaining ammo in a gauge
STRENGTHS
  • (+) Close-Range:
  • The XO134-Pump Action Scattergun is extremely effective at close range, posing a serious threat to any target within it's 100 meter firing range.
  • (+) Flashlight:
  • A powerful flashlight is mounted to the bottom of the barrel, and can be flicked on at will.
WEAKNESSES
  • (-) Close-Range:
  • Due to the XO134-Pump Action Scattergun effectiveness at close range, it has had to sacrifice the ability to fire at mid to long ranges usefully.
  • (-) Ammo Capacity
  • The ammo capacity of the XO134 is low, carrying only 6 shots per gauge.
  • (-) Pump-Action
  • After every shot, the user must rack a slide located on the bottom of the weapon, ejecting a slug and putting a new one into firing position. Occasionally, the slide can become jammed, causing issues. Even without jamming the slide is slow to rack.
DESCRIPTION
The XO134-Pump Action Scattergun was developed by the Corellian Engineering Corporation to act as a supplement to stop the riots that many police forces were dealing with on planet at the time. The XO134, better known as the "Riot Shotgun", was used to suppress rioters at a close range from police-officers, and is infamous for their role in the riots on Corellia, causing many on the planet to fear them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dex Jusior

Brutally effective. I like it. There are some things I'd like to look at before passing this along, however.
  • Your source is OK, but the Halo Wiki or this artist would be better. The closer to the original source, the better.
  • This would arguably be better described as a scattergun than a slugthrower, but I'll leave that decision to you.
  • "Close-range" is not an accepted rating, per the Technology Templates; I would suggest Personal or even Average - 100 metres is pretty good for a weapon like this, to be honest.
    • If you go with Personal - or lower the Ammunition Capacity to Small, Very Small, or even Extremely Small, you could get more points to play with. That's up to you, though, we strongly advised not making overbalanced submissions, but underbalanced ones are fine.
  • Your "Close-Range" Strength is problematic. You will need to make the wording, specifically "dealing serious damage to any target within it's 100 meter zone.", less absolute, as calling hits is not allowed in RP or in the Factory. May I suggest "posing a serious threat to targets within 100 metres."? This should retain the feeling of danger without going overboard.
    • To add to this, 100 metres isn't actually that short-range in SW. Most fights seem to take place in close quarters, perhaps to allow lightsabers their place of prominence, or perhaps because everyone attended the Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy.
unknown.png

^ Current, presumed. Lower one point allows another to be raised, except Size/Weight/Recoil, where raising is considered negative and lowering positive, for obvious reasons. You can download this from the Templates (linked above) if you so wish, it's pretty handy.

Dex Jusior

Update on this? I can give you a few more days if you need them; if you need any further assistance feel free to ask. Should you wish, I can also move this back to Pre-Factory, though the edits required seem fairly minor. Up to you and your schedule, of course.

If no response is received by the 14th of February, I will be archiving this submission for inactivity.

Lovely, thank you for your cooperation; apologies for not responding sooner, but I didn't get the tag - only using the @[Name] method while the post is made alerts the other user works, editing it in does nothing. I know, it can be a bit confusing. Took me a while to figure it out too.​

Anyway, I'm not entirely convinced 100 metres is "Personal" range, especially for a shotgun... but this is two points underbalanced, so that's fine.​

Pending Approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom