Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Zveris

S H A T T E R E D
Intent: To provide the Nova Empire with its unique Captial
​Image Credit: N/A
Canon: N/A
Links: N/A
GENERAL INFORMATION

Planet Name: Xen
Demonym: Xennian
Region: Deep Core
System Name: Xen Syestem
System Features : 3 suns: Xi, Xo, Xan 1 Moon: Kyln. Standard Orbit. 401 days.
Major Imports: An ancient store of Phrik is located on the planet allowing them to build thier very powerful warships out of the substance
War Material
Cortois, Metals

Major Exports: Warships, etc.
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION

Gravity: Standard
Climate: Temparate.
Primary Terrain: Artificial
Atmospere: Type I
LOCATION INFORMATION

Capital City: Xen City
Planetary Features: Xen City is two interconnected cities that make the Capital. These two cities were marked as the beginng of a new era for the planet

Major Locations:
Savrri Sal - The Home of the Monarch of the Nova Empire. This palace is heavily guarded and taking it is completely put of the question or so it's population belives. When the Nova Empire conqured the planet the population was forced to accept a type of imperial stratocracy. Leading to the building of [member="Denerian Sal"]'s fathers memorial palace.

POPULATION

Native Species: N/A
Immigrated Species: Human, Rodian, Nemodian
Population: Heavy
Demographics: 55% Human 25% Rodian 20% Nemodian.
Primary Languages: Galatic Basic, Rodian, Nemodian
Culture : Although they used to belive that Xo, the largest star in thier syestem was a god. After the arrvial of the Nova Empire they were led to belive that the members of the Sal Dynasty were thier true God's.
GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY

Government: Formerly Democratic Federation Post-Nova Imperial Stratocracy
Affiliation: The Nova Empire
Wealth: Wealthy. The People of this planet earn sizeable riches for selling thier war material.
Stability: Low, Throughout the course of thousands of years the Human, Rodian and Nemodians have learned to live with each other.
Freedom & Oppression: This planet is particularly free. Although they do not reach true adulthood until they reach the age of 21 and recongnized as legal citizens.

MILITARY & TECHNOLOGY

Military: The planet is completly militarized and protected by a huge armada that is overseen by thd Grand Proxy of the Nova Empire.

Technology: Galatic standard
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

PRE-NOVA
Not much is left of the Historcal Archives of the Planet Xen although one would eventually be told the hardship of the people before the Arrival of the Nova Empires Fleet. It is assumed that a small fleet of Human, Rodian, and Nemodian colony ships setteld into the planet of Xen an uninhabited world located a small distance from the Fondor Sector. There they established a powerful colony eventually sending colony ships of thier own. Now the Nemodian, Rodian and Human colonist were not aware of each other untill a brutal first contact was made. The result: war. The Humans and Nemodians drove back teh relentluss Rodian Militia for centuries untill finally a peace agreement was made. A goverment was established with hopes of finding peace between the three distinct species. However this changed nothing and civil war was wrought upon the planet. This lasted for thousands of years. Thier technolgy ever advancing. The war ever so damaging

POST-NOVA

The Nova Empire discoverd the planet after the crashing of its flagship the 'Supenova'. In it, Savrri Sal the then Grand Proxy of the Nova Empire was greeted by members of the Rodian Militia and was formerly introduced to the Civil War that was ravaging the planet. He immediately declared his neutrality in the conflict and instead chose to help solve it. His meddiling in those affairs allowed for the Humans Rodians and Nemodians to reach an Agreement. Savrri, however died after his wife gave birth to the new Grand Proxy Denerain Sal

[member="Tykar Valkroin"]

Greetings! This is a lovely idea to want to bring to Chaos, but, I'm afraid this submission is a little bit too close to Xandar from the Marvelverse. We don't allow cross overs as one of the Standardized Codex Rules (The rule itself is here) and while we all emulate the things that we like--We have to be careful not to draw too much inspiration from it.

As is stands this submission takes too much material from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. These references need to be changed to something original--Including the name of the submission. Examples, though there may be others, are as follows:

- Xandar
- Capital of the Nova Empire
- Xandarian People
- "Xandar's solar system contains three stars..."--Wiki Quote Unfortunately, so does this submission. I would suggest changing that up a little.
- "Major Location" of Nova Prime
- Nova Prime as the Monarch/Leader
- Nova Empire
- References to presumably the "Nova Headquarters"
- Nova Corps/Nova Navy/Nova Police

Once you have altered the contents of this submission to something that is more your own we need to take a look at the rest of the content. Planets can be added to the map. Due to that, we need to make sure that each world gets fleshed out a fair amount. As it stands this is a little incomplete and rather bare bones. Since this can be used by the player base it will need some polishing and there is at least one point we need to address regarding general submission rules.

1.) Historical Info: The nods to Rakata Technology will need to be removed as they are on the Banned Items listing. All reference to this such as "After discovring an ancient Rakatam Technolgy and stores of Phrik she orderd that the tech be reverse engineerd" needs to be removed from the submission.

2.) System Name: This was left blank. You'll have to fill that out.

3.) Major Imports: "Everything?" This section will need to be given a little bit of attention. What does this planet frequently need from other places? Water? Fresh Produce? Some sort of rare metals or even textiles?

4.) Major Exports: "Nothing?" How does the planet manage to Import everything but export nothing? Essentially, they're spending, but not selling. This would directly affect the wealth of the world.

5.) Wealth: "Wealthy, in their own right. They fo not recognize any other form of currency beyond their own. Each citizen is awarded 5000 credits every month in order to--" If they don't recognize any currency but their own, and they don't export anything for trade, how are they importing? How are they wealthy? How are they awarding credits? What are the credits for? Is it their own version of a credit? Or the typical Galactic Standard Credit that is generally the main currency? This sentence is incomplete.

6.) Climate: "Temparate" & Primary Terrain: "Artificial" - Please elaborate. The notes on the template are just suggestions of where to start for these sections. What do you mean by temperate and artificial? Especially, artificial? That's unusual for a world that people randomly landed on with no explanation.

7.) Unexploited Resources: This category should not have been removed from the template. The notice that you have about Phrik next to Major Exports "It should be noted that the planet does have ancient stores of Phirk in its possession" should be under this section. Not Major Exports, unless, you intend to have it be an Export. It would be a good idea if it were.

Please add Unexploited Resources back into the template where it belongs.
476f9300c2b8b593e55133ba73b1e76c.png

8.) Planetary Features: "Xi Xos are two interconnected cities that make the Capital" - This is a good start but you need to elaborate more. What is the rest of the world like? Again, the notes on this section of the template are suggestions. You should put this in your own words, as it doesn't need to be super specific, but it's currently only offering information two cities. Not the planet as a whole. Is it windy? Sunny all the time? Is the planet wild like a jungle? The sky is the limit.

9.) Major Locations: The notes to it being the "Nova Prime Palace/Nova Empire" will obviously need to be removed but you'll also need to tone down the wording. "This palace is heavily guarded and taking it is completely put of the question. Puting ot Simply." Nothing is completely impervious. You could say that the people "believe" it cannot be taken. But, that doesn't mean it's actually true. Major Locations should also be fleshed out with more detail and descriptive information.

10.) Culture: Please elaborate. What is it like for the everyday Joe? Are they hard workers? Do they appreciate art or are they very militaristic?

11.) Freedom and Oppression: "The planet is sort of Free" - This section needs some reworking or clarifying. Generally, one is either free, or they aren't. The concept is one of those things that are best described so that that there's no confusion. With the way this submission displays the current climate 55% of citizens are mostly free and 45% of the populace the are the furthest thing from free. They are openly oppressed. Examples:

- "This planet is ruled by a tolitarian known in the public as only Nova Prime." Please see Totalitarianism. It generally means that the people are only as free as the military and or ruling power lets them be. So, even the 55% of "Free" humans are still facing some sort of oppression/conformity.

- "Xenophobia is high as Humans created the Nova Empire as a way to force the Rodians and Nemldians living there to submit to their rule."

- "Through the Course of thosansds of years they were molded by each monarch to hate all alien races unless they were allies of the Empire. They were all taught to be dominat. Even alien socities on the planet are taught to act as if they were human."

- "Aliens are slighty oppresed by the police agency because of the History of the Empire." Slightly? They can't be citizens until they're adults and they're made to act human? That seems...Pretty oppressed.

12.) Military: You might not want to use the Confederacy's Armada sizes as your base. Unless the reader in intimately aware of the faction you're referencing it won't make sense to them. Perhaps hunt for a canon source?

13.) History: This needs to be fleshed out a little more and cleaned up so that it makes sense. Especially, references to the Canon Timeline versus the Chaos Timeline. Coruscant was sacked by the Yuuzhan Vong in about 27ABY. Chaos is at about 856ABY. What has happened since?

14.) Please do your best to sweep this submission for spelling errors. A few typos here and there are totally fine, however, there are occasions where it makes the submission hard to read as the misspelled words/unfinished sentences give a different meaning than what was actually intended.

Now, I realize that this is a lot to take in. I'm sorry for that. Would you like me to move this to the Pre-Codex so that you can make the necessary adjustments at your leisure?

Please tag me and let me know when you have a moment, and as always, if you need help, or have a question don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you!

Darth Zveris

S H A T T E R E D
[member="Srina Talon"]. I would like to move it to pre-codex. Im doing this for one of my orher charecthers who started tye faction Nova Empire.

I will move this submission to the Pre-Codex for edits but please be aware that the Nova Empire/Nova Corps belongs to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. We do not allow crossovers. Too much of this sub is copied from the Xandar Wiki that I linked above so regardless of which character this is for - The changes I went over must be made.

Please, read them thoroughly, and if you need help, don't hesitate to tag and ask.

[member="Tykar Valkroin"] I heard that you dropped a message into one of the discords stating that this was ready for review. If that true? I do see you made quite a few edits. If so, in the future, please be sure to always tag the person you need in the submission, on the board, so that we can handle it. If you don't your sub could be delayed as discord messages are easily missed.

At a glance I can see that you've done a good job to separate this from Xandar. Nice, sweet work. That was the biggest hurdle.

On the flip side - There are still quite a few things to be adjusted from my original response. Most of it deals with fleshing things out, making sure information is in the proper area, and ensuring the template isn't missing fields. (Pay special attention to your Imports/Exports/Materials sections...)

If you want to work on it more in Pre-Codex let me know. If you want it moved back to live judging - Please let me know that as well. Thank you!

Hi,

This submission has been in pre-codex since 18 July, which is over a month now.

As per the pre-codex rules, which can be found here,
  • Approximately once a month, inactive submissions still in Pre-codex will be archived. These can be pulled back out from archives when the submitter is ready to begin working on them again. Post in the Submission Modifications thread to have your WIP submission returned to the Pre-Codex.
Do you plan to come back and complete this submission in the near future? Or would you prefer I archive it until such a time as you're ready to work on it again?

[member="Tykar Valkroin"] | [member="John Locke"]

This submission has not been touched since July 13 2019.

As per the Pre-Codex rules, linked here, a submission only remains in the Pre-Codex for about month. This submission has been present for a lot longer than that.

I am archiving the submission for inactivity. You can always reach out to Codex Staff to have it placed back in Pre-Codex when you're ready/have time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom