Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship X/A-66 Seraph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
incom_xi_35_lightning_by_soter_1-d37xzar.jpg

Image Source: http://soter-1.deviantart.com/art/Incom-Xi-35-Lightning-194741235
Affiliation: The Galactic Republic
Manufacturer: The Galactic Republic
Model: X/A-66 "Seraph" X-Wing Starfighter
Modularity: Additional projectile armaments may be traded for long-range fuel tanks.
Production: Mass-produced
Material: Alusteel hull; Trimantium S-foils and canards; Transparisteel canopy; Fiberplast covering
Classification: Attack Fighter
Length: 15.5m
Height: 2.1m
Width: 14.3m

Armament:
  • 4 rapid-fire laser cannons
  • 2 ion/proton torpedo launchers (4 torpedoes each)
  • 3rd ion/proton torpedo launcher (when without long-range fuel tanks)
Squadron Count: 12

Special Features:

• Navigation system

• Hyperspace navicomputer

• Advanced HMD targeting/sensors system

• Distress beacon

• Standard life support system

• Standarddeflector shields

• Standard shield plating

• Radiowave comms system

• Shortwave comms system

• Infrared beam comms system

• Radiowave communications jammer

• Shortwave communications jammer

• Copycat: Sprite

• Detachable fuel tanks

• Exchangeable fiberplast coverings

• Protected astromech socket

• Chaff flares

• Ejector seat
Maneuverability Rating: 2, space flight; 1, atmospheric flight
Speed Rating: 2
Hyperdrive Class: 2

Strengths:
  • Extremely agile in atmospheric conditions
  • Super long-range capabilities
  • Advanced HMD targeting system
Weaknesses:
  • Basic armaments
  • Long-range fuel provisions tradeoff reduces armament count
Description: With a need for one specific fighter to take the forefront of the Republic's Starfighter Corps, and with the rise to prominence of the Blazing Angels Squadron, the opportunity to capitalize on the starfighter program's momentum propelled the Republic to more versatile yet simple and familiar designs.

With a potential need to strike deep in enemy territory without a supporting fleet, long-range capabilities were developed with the provision for additional fuel tanks. While they are easily detachable at the pilot's command when in flight, the addition of these tanks requires sacrifice in reduces maximum payload capacity.

Maneuverability was also improved upon. While above-average in maneuverability in space, the addition of canards to the X/A-66's nose enables the starfighter to 'catch the air' and actually take advantage of atmospheric flight. The complex adjustments are managed be the avionics computer.

To help with targeting, spotting, and squadron coordination, X/A-66 pilots are equipped with HMD helmets that sync with the ship’s sensors and give an unlimited field of view. An optional astromech unit may be inserted into the rear canopy for extra functionality and repair operations.

The fighter comes in a dusky blue paint scheme by default to easily camouflage it against a backdrop of empty space or in the skies of most Type I atmospheres. However, an exchangeable Fiberplast camouflage coating may be applied to the X/A-66 as each mission would require. This 'wrapping' makes on-the-fly paint schemes simpler to apply than actually painting the details, though it will take standard flight crews at least two hours to affix the Fiberplast, so it is by no means an immediate camouflage change.

Development Thread: [N/A]
Intent: To bring back some classic starfighter presence to the Republic and give the Blazing Angels Squadron a signature craft.

RESEARCH REVIEW

Sressechka said:
Maneuverability was also improved upon. While above-average in maneuverability in space, the addition of canards to the X/A-66's nose enables the starfighter to 'catch the air' and actually take advantage of atmospheric flight.
I like the use of Canards. Its something that isn't often used in Star Wars. Say they are controlled by the Avionics computer to assist and you are golden.

Then the Sprite is affiliated with a different faction and can't be used here.

The fuel tanks are catchy and nice, I like them as they flow better with earlier books. The only thing I would like you to do with them is it looks like you have it listed as 4 tubes when they aren't attached, just edit to the following and that will be fine
  • 2 ion torpedo/proton torpedo launchers (4 torpedo capacity each; 2 with Additional Fuel Pods attached)

Sressechka said:
The fighter comes in a dusky blue paint scheme by default to easily camouflage it against a backdrop of empty space or in the skies of most Type I atmospheres. However, an exchangeable Fiberplast camouflage coating may be applied to the X/A-66 as each mission would require.
I would like the capabilities of this feature elaborated on.

Beowoof

Draco Vereen said:
I like the use of Canards. Its something that isn't often used in Star Wars. Say they are controlled by the Avionics computer to assist and you are golden.
Done.

Draco Vereen said:
Then the Sprite is affiliated with a different faction and can't be used here.
I will be updating the affiliation soon. The dev thread on that is almost done.

Draco Vereen said:
The fuel tanks are catchy and nice, I like them as they flow better with earlier books. The only thing I would like you to do with them is it looks like you have it listed as 4 tubes when they aren't attached, just edit to the following and that will be fine
Oh, I only meant that there are 2 fixed tubes with 4 torpedoes each. Then there is a third optional tube that carries 4 torpedoes, but can only be used without fuel tanks.

Draco Vereen said:
I would like the capabilities of this feature elaborated on.
Done.

Beowoof

[member="Draco Vereen"]

The dev thread is to increase its production so it can be used on mass-produced fighters.

Go ahead and archive it. I'll ask for it to be brought back to the factory as soon as I post for my tech modification.

Sressechka said:
4 rapid-fire laser cannons 2 ion torpedo/proton torpedo launchers (4 torpedo capacity each) 4 ion torpedoes/proton torpedoes (without long-range fuel tanks)

Alrighty
Could you edit this to be
  • 4 Rapid-Fire Laser Cannons
  • 2 Ion/Proton Torpedo Launchers (4 Each)
  • 3rd Ion/Proton Torpedo Launcher (When without Long-Range Fuel Tanks)
for clarifications sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom