Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship X-57 "Reek"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tigershark-HiRes-1.png

Image Credit: http://www.wcnews.com/wcpedia/F/A-105_Tigershark
Intent: To replace the Z-95 that Strask has been using.
Development Thread: None. Will do if needed
Manufacturer: Heofon Industries
Model: X-57 "Reek" Starfighter
Affiliation: ASA / Open Market
Modularity: No
Production: Limited
Material: Durasteel for body, Transparisteel cockpit
Description: The X-57 was developed to create a starfighter for Strask and the SpyNet. The ship is made for escaping planets occupied by enemy fleets, and is thus equipped with heavy shields, as fast an engine as possible, and ion cannons packed into the nose. The design was desighened by the brilliant minds.behind Prototype Lab Q, and overseen by Strask, who wanted a ship capable of keeping pause with any others on the market. It acts as a alternate method of deploying agents and a defense if absolutely necessary. The shields are boosted and backed up by a thermal shield, as to allow for as much protection as possible without slowing down the ship. The ship's armorless hull allows for the fastest speeds possible.

However, this is also the ship's major weakness. The lack of all armor means that in the event of the shields being overwhelmed, a single hit from the most basic of starfighter weapons will destroy the ship. Also, it's size and speed make it a but overresponsive, causing it to act more like a bucking Reek than anything else. The simple fact of this earned it it's nickname, the Reek. Also, there is barely room for weapons, pilot and passenger, as the shield generators and engine take up most of the craft. As such, all of the Ion cannons are mounted in the nose, while the twin laser cannons are based next to the engines. The passenger, while onboard, sits in a cramped seat behind the cockpit, and would probably fit most Ewoks better than any Spynet agent.

Classification: Starfighter
Role: Blockade runner
Height: 5 m
Width: 7 m
Length: 15 m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Solar Ionization Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: Class 1
Minimum Crew: 1
Optimal Crew:1
Armaments:
  • x2 Firelinked Laser Cannons (Firearc: Front)
  • x2 Firelinked Ion cannons (Firearc: Front)
Hangar: None.
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Communications array
  • Standard Sensory array
  • Heavy deflector shields
  • Standard targeting system
  • Standard life support
  • Standard navigational system
Passenger Capacity: One, albeit uncomfortably
Cargo Capacity: 40 kg
Consumables: 1 week
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 2

Alrighty, there's some good solid material here to work with but it needs to be made presentable according to the factory rules.

The most glaring point is that you're using six guns at a speed of one which doesn't fit any of the ship formats. However, at a minor production you can change the ship type to an elite starfighter which may have six guns, launchers, and a speed of 1.5, not quite as fast as an interceptor but still quicker than the vast majority of fighters out there.
If you were willing to do a quality dev thread (something other than 'found blueprints/ship during dominion') and didn't equip any launchers then the FJ's I've been chatting with about this would feel alright with a speed of 1.
Your description is nice and creative, however you do contradict yourself on the location of the ion cannons, saying they are in the wings and then all packed into the nose of your craft with the lasers in the wings. Probably a simple oversight when your ideas are coming faster than you can type, happens to me a lot as well.

There are some balance issues with the non-combat equipment associated with this but I'd prefer to deal with these before going into them so keeping track of edits is more manageable for me.
@[member="Strask Ak'lya"]

@[member="Domino"] Dropped two ion cannons, the speed to two, and verified the location of the Ion cannons. (Sorry, I wrote that over two day's time, and missed saying that.) I'll do the Dev thread. And I'm going to be dropping one of the shield types, aren't I?

Dev thread isn't needed now, that was only if you wanted the 1 speed and 6 guns, and yeah, there's no real reason to use a thermal shield on a fighter anyways. So take that off and this'll be good.
@[member="Strask Ak'lya"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom