Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech X-46 Experimental Firearms Propulsion Mechanism

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a unique weapons system.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: BT-Sarn Advanced Research Solutions
  • Model: X-46 EFPM
  • Affiliation: Open Market
  • Modularity: Ammunition
  • Production: Minor
  • Material: Durasteel, Grav Coils, Adaptive Barrel
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Grav Coil/Shatergun
  • Size: Very Large
  • Weight: Heavy
  • Ammunition Type: Assault Rifles
  • Ammunition Capacity: 5 Assault Rifles
  • Reload Speed: Very Slow
  • Effective Range: Long Range
  • Rate of Fire: Low
  • Stopping Power: High
  • Recoil: Very High
SPECIAL FEATURES

Fires assault rifles - There are too many of these around, so why not use them as ammo?

Strengths:
  • Range - This thing can hurl an assault rifle a very long way, however the range can be dialed in from very short range to over a kilometer.
  • Unconventional Ammo - Assault rifles are highly available on battlefields, almost any dead soldier will have at-least one on him. This turns those into ammunition to fire at your enemy.
  • Infantry Killer - It is very effective against infantry regardless of their armor class.
Weaknesses:
  • Big - This is a big fixed emplacement, it requires a team of at-least two to move and set up.
  • Unconventional Ammunition - Assault rifles are not normally considered good ammunition, and while they are plentiful in most combat situations they aren't designed for aerodynamic or accuracy for that matter. In short, this weapon is about as inaccurate as it gets.
  • Fire Rate - This weapon fires semi auto, other emplacements of this size can fire more rounds down range with much more effect.
DESCRIPTION
The X-45 was originally a prototype weapons delivery system, designed to ship weapons and ammunition to soldiers far away from supply lines or possibly even behind enemy lines using grav-coils. However the researchers at BT-Sarn struggled to create a system that could fire any weapon or crate without much packaging, so instead they designed this.

The X-45 is a large weapons emplacement, about the size of a blaster cannon, that can fire just about any assault rifle up to a kilometer. While it might not fire them accurately it will fire them and fire them at an extremely high velocity. The weapon is not very good at armor penetration but it will give almost any infantryman a run for his money. Blunt force is very good at killing people even through heavy armor. A vehicle however will probably just take a dent and move on.

The system by the way of its design is not very picky about what it fires as long as it is roughly rifle shaped. Anything much smaller might not get grabbed by the grav coils and become stuck in the barrel, or fly out with less than optimal velocity, anything much larger quite simply wont fit in the magazine or barrel, and obviously cannot be fired.

At the end of the day the weapon is just a rather novel solution to limited ammunition in combat situations, and serves little practical purpose. Some say that the weapon serves no practical purpose, that there are more useful ways of spending time and money, and those people would be 100% right.

[member="Lyra Sarn"] Hello there! I will be reviewing your sub with you!

Lyra Sarn said:
  • Production: Mass Produced
Nothing wrong, but I've always found it.. well, odd when someone mass produces a weapon that is meant to be experimental. Experiment strikes me as something you would only make a very limited amount of in order to properly test the weapon before you decide to sink a massive amount of time and credits pumping it out.

Lyra Sarn said:
SPECIAL FEATURES
Fires assault rifles - There are too many of these around, so why not use them as ammo?
Is there anything that would stop someone from firing different ammo? Such as blaster packs, explosive ordnance, etc? Cause it sounds like a giant mortar [and, in my head, I am picturing a mortar version of the Fallout Junk Jet] that so happens to be able to fire rifle sized things.

[member="Iona Immarya"]

The idea was that it was basically mail order, but i understand the concern and dropped it to minor.

As for what it can fire, the main limit is barrel size and hopper size, there is nothing in particular stopping you from just throwing anything that fits in there, but smaller objects will have trouble getting grabbed by the grav coils and large objects simply wont fit. As long as it is roughly rifle sized and fits in the barrel you could probably fire it. Also its less of a mortar and more of a field gun. The kilometer range is a hypothetical assuming it doesn't hit anything first, it gets that range from pure speed.

[member="Lyra Sarn"] Alrighty, just mention that smaller ammo can cause them to become 'lodged' and larger items won't fit in the sub and I can slap the approval on this!

Range doesn't bother me at all, it is perfectly fine, stat-wise. I only said mortar because it was meant to fire supplies to soldiers, so I pictured a mortar 'arching' it to them. Now, as a field gun, I am picturing WW2 AT guns that are massive Junk Jets instead. Which, still awesome to imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom