Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Wyrtgaon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lead High Lord Soveriegn Imperator Grandmaster
wyrmbat_by_halycon450_d9vveqv-fullview.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Wyrtgaon
  • Designation: Semi-Sentient
  • Origins: Sraeljoarsk
  • Average Lifespan: ~50 years
  • Estimated Population: Rare
  • Description: Quadrupedal terrestrial movement with their frontal talons curled away from the ground, a galloping gate when they 'sprint' across the ground, and large leathery wings define the Wyrtgaon as intimidating and strange creature. While in their quadrupedal position, their head rests at about two meters off the ground. Their wingspan is a total of six meters,.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type I & Type II
  • Average Height of Adults: ~2m
  • Average Length of Adults: ~3m
    • Average Wingspan of Adults: ~6m
  • Skin color: dark blacks, browns, some accents of reds or pinks
  • Hair color: N/A
  • Distinctions: Multi-part mandible clearly defines them from other bat-like species in the galaxy, including their comparatively enormous size.
  • Races: N/A
  • Force Sensitivity: High
Strengths:
  • Natural climbers that can cling to and scale surfaces that are several degrees beyond vertical.
  • Their large wings provide ample surface area to use for extreme gliding maneuvers and short bursts of true flight, despite their own weight.
  • Force Sensitivity:
    • Those that are Force Sensitive have the innate ability to manifest a durable Force Barrier around themselves in a sphere, in addition to charging up a Force Push from their hind legs much like the Jakobeast. While they are unable to maintain this combination of force powers for a prolonged period of time, while they are in this state the Wyrtgaon are capable of reaching speeds comparable to most starfighters in the atmosphere. Technically this enables the Wyrtgaon to travel in space. However, the Wyrtgaon is wholly incapable of surviving extraterrestrial environments and will die quickly upon leaving breathable atmosphere or the extreme temperatures of space.
Weaknesses:
  • The Wrytgaon are incapable of true flight and are instead dependent on scaling tall structures in order to gain velocity so that they may glide.
  • The Wyrtgaon are not inherently a very durable species, much like other aerial species, and has little protection against blasters, physical weapons, or otherwise. In the wild the Wyrtgaon are ambush predators that swoop in at speed, killing their prey before their prey has a chance to react.
  • Any Force Sensitive Wyrtgaon cannot reap the benefits of their connection to the Force while under the effects of auras, fields, technology or otherwise that severe the connection of beings from the Force for duration of effect. Auras, fields, technology, or otherwise that destabilize or otherwise weaken connections to the Force have their desired effects upon the Wyrtgaon as well for the duration of the effect.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Carnivore
  • Communication: Body posturing, clicks, and shrieks
  • Technology level: N/A
  • Religion/Beliefs: N/A
  • General behavior: Aggressive, communal colonies hierarchical, territorial, a predator species.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

The Wyrtgaons crawl upon the ground in a quadrupedal fashion, their frontal talons curled away from the ground as to protect them from dulling over time on the rocky spires that serve as their roost. While incapable of true flight over vast distances, the Wyrtagon naturally excel at climbing rough surfaces - even those that are several degrees beyond vertical. Their large, leathery wings serve for rocketing downwards and performing impressive gliding maneuvers and gliding over long distances.

Many Wyrtgaon have a sensitivity to the Force. This sensitivity imbues the Wyrtgaon with the ability to manifest both Force Barrier and type of Force Push that enables the Wyrtgaon to travel at speeds that rival that of atmospheric fighters for a moderate amount of time. However, those without Force sensitivity are still a danger to those who are unaware of the sky above. The Wyrtgaon is considered to be one of the highest ranking fauna on the food chain on their home planet of Sraeljoarsk. The Wyrtgaon is not an exceedingly hearty beast, however it can breath both Type I and Type II atmospheres without issue. With time a Wyrtgaon can be trained to serve as a mount for most large or smaller species, or used for the quick transport of goods. However, they are a predator species; the Wyrtgaon will attack what it sees as easy prey even if that would be it's current or former master.

Last edited:
:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Reosyvern Reosyvern

Hey, first of all let me say this is a very interesting species, and I enjoy what you have come up with here. As far as formatting and links, the technical aspects of the template, it all checks out as well.

There is one minor edit I do need to ask you to make.

Under strengths you have listed the Force Sensitivity, because of that, I'm going to need you to add something about force null fields to their weaknesses.

Tag me once you have that added in, and I think we will be good to go.

Lead High Lord Soveriegn Imperator Grandmaster
Reosyvern Reosyvern

Hey, first of all let me say this is a very interesting species, and I enjoy what you have come up with here. As far as formatting and links, the technical aspects of the template, it all checks out as well.

There is one minor edit I do need to ask you to make.

Under strengths you have listed the Force Sensitivity, because of that, I'm going to need you to add something about force null fields to their weaknesses.

Tag me once you have that added in, and I think we will be good to go.

Thank you for the praise Judah Lesan Judah Lesan . I added a weakness that clarifies the susceptibility to anti-Force or Force destabilizing effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom