Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Writing on the wall and other bad news (open to senators)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay listened to all that [member="Nick Sept"] had to say. He was right. They did get a little sidetracked, but that was common when they've been asked so many questions by the media and others. Then to have everything that they do or say get torn apart and stated as not being good enough.

"You're right. But I had never heard of any clone being treated badly until that protest. Yet I have already been taking the very steps you requested. I've been meeting up with [member="Commander Lusk"] and having him help me construct such an amendment for his people."

She tightened her jaw a little. "But Ali isn't the only one that has possibly committed war crimes. The same can be said for both sides. If we have one trial public, then they all should be. If we hold one person accountable for war crimes, then every war criminal should be held to account. That includes the very people that are pressing for this trial. I have seen Draco and his men destroy villages on Naboo and slaughter those inside, then blame the dead for not being able to escape in time and for not allowing themselves to be imprisoned. I tried to stop him, tried to make him see reason. But the only reasoning that him and others like him understand are who pays more. And those very people that pay him are the ones demanding to humiliate us in front of everyone, or go after us if things don't go exactly the way that they want it to. If we let them tell us what to do and how to handle our own internal affairs, then I wonder if the Republic isn't a sovereign government at all anymore, but a subsidiary of our enemies."

Kay said her piece, possibly losing her credibility or position because of her outburst, but she just couldn't bow down. Slavery was something she fought hard against and she didn't want to see the Republic become enslaved by other governments.

[member="Faith Balor-Organa"] [member="Jack Sparrow"] [member="Darion Blackstaff"] [member="Auru Taff"] [member="Miria Lasedri"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom