Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Wraith MK I Combat Gas Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
41IJqy6egIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41IJqy6egIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Intent: Designed with the intention to provide the wearer (Isis Fontana) with protection against gas grenades but also as a part of her everyday wear..
Development Thread: (If I need one lemme know) Thread
Manufacturer: Isis Fontana
Model: Wraith MK I Combat Gas Mask
Affiliation: Isis Fontana
Modularity: Yes
Production: Minor
Material: Duranium, Plasteel.
Description:
The Wraith Combat Mask was designed for the sole purpose of keeping gas grenades from entering the wearers system, it was designed to be a common piece of wear for the owner/user (Isis Fontana) and is a minor item.. It has an air purification and recycling system on it that allows for it to be completely non-canister since the way it works it by purifying whatever the wearer breathes naturally.

The mask filters through a fiber-mesh filtration filter that rotates the air in the filter and recycling tube for a few moments to purify it and detoxify the elements within the air itself, it works as a fan cycle and is able to recycle the air and gas to make it breathable without harmful effects.. in a little pouch in the mask there is a liquid pouch that helps to detoxify the air of harmful chemicals so that the air she breathes will do very little to no harm to her.

The filter within the mask that makes it able to be used needs to be cleaned out once every 12 hours, it normally takes about 15 minutes to clean it and is a surprisingly delicate thing to do, as it needs to be scrubbed using certain chemicals to properly clean it, the fiber-mesh filter is very fragile outside of the mask so the person cleaning it must be very careful.
Classification: Anti-Gas Grenade, Multipurpose

Weight: 7kg
Quality: Class 3
Other Feature(s):

Air Purifier (Non-Canister)
Air Recycler (Non-Canister)
Liquid Pouch

1) why is this unique?
2) what in-character justification exists for this equipment? Have you encountered gas-grenades yet? If so, please link the relivent thread and post.
3) Please elaborate further on the manner in which the mask filters toxins from the environment, and what it can't filter from the air
4) Even without a canister, the mask would still contain a filter medium that requires cleaning. How long can the mask operate before requiring cleaning, how long does the cleaning take, and what is involved in the cleaning process? Also, what -is- the filter medium?

@[member="Isis Fontana"]

Edited: made the edits you requested, if you need me to edit more please lemme know and I will get on asap.
@[member="War Hydra"]
(Am I supposed to mention you? sorry I haven't added anything to the factory for some time)

I like it. The first paragraph needs a quick edit to get rid of the unique line, but it is otherwise good to go. Just remember that your eyes are still exposed and that this only protects from poisons that need to be inhaled to have an effect.

@[member="Isis Fontana"]

(I keep a close eye on the factory, but mentioning specific judges helps quicken the process sometimes.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom