Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would this need a submission/ dev thread?

Percy Imura

Imura with a Table Knife
Hello,

I was wondering if the factory would require a submission + development thread for a lightsaber exactly like the Inquisitor's (SW Rebels.) It's a canon lightsaber, and there really wouldn't be anything different between that one and my character's, but the lightsaber has so much stupidness awesomeness and stuff...

Just double checking. If it would need a submission to the factory, I'll start a dev thread and submit this thing once I get fifty posts down on this account.

Thank you,
~ Elvira.

I believe a while back someone posted an item like this. It did exactly what you would think. So the idea has been done.

I however think you should do a Devthread anyways just because it's a special kind of lightsaber that is not normally seen around here. Even if it is cannon, the lightsaber design was unique.

Good Luck, and Cheers.

[member="Percy Imura"]

Darth Valtryx said:
[member="Darth Arcanix"] submitted the lightsaber and used a dev thread for it's spinny-ness. HERE

She was asked to do a dev thread for it to spin.

[member="Percy Imura"]

Percy Imura said:
Okay, so I'm getting different answers from different people...
The prior submission was requested by a factory judge to make a development thread as nobody else on the board had made one yet and it was relatively new (and the episode had just aired, so it was literally new - as well as being some 800 years prior). The fact of the matter is that it is a lightsaber that has a slightly elongated handle that can tilt and turn. It's not rocket science, just like putting a faraday cage in a suit of armor would not require a development thread this will/should not either.

It should also be noted at it is the factory judge's discretion to whether they request one or not. Reasons are always provided, and Tali Rae's saber was requested to be developed because of it being essentially unique to all forms of canon at the time. If she were to submit another she would not be met with the same request as she had before, having set a precedence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom