Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worse Then A Hangover

Marik Baldear

M
Mariks eyes opened slowly. the last thing he remembered was the deck of the AT AT disappearing from beneath his feet and the sounds of his men yelling, after that everything went black.
his vision was still blurry and his head felt like a frigate had just flown through it. with one hand on his bandaged head, he sat himself up with the other. he didn't know where he was but it was not his AT AT. the vibrations though the floor and low hum echoing around him indicated he was now on a spaceship of some kind.

the sounds of other wounded could be heard coming from other parts of the ship. he had to get up, he had to get moving, he had to find out what was going on. as Mariks vision improved he looked around the small room he was now in. it looked like the medical centre of a small freighter. he got up off the bed he had been sleeping on and by holding on to the wall, he made his way to the door. the door opened with a whoosh and standing on on the other side was a soldier in Sith Empire armour. the guard turned to the stumbling man and reached out a hand. Marik tried to push the solider out of his way and run down the corridor. he made it about 5 strides and then his head felt light and the floor once again rushed up to meet him.

Mariks eyes opened again. this time to the sight of two men in Coalition uniforms, and another Chiss who Marik didn't recognise.

@[member="Juthan'Athar"]

Juthan knelt down and looked at Marik's eyes, a grin on his face. "In a hurry?" He showed no signs of aggression, no hint of hate, just a almost careless apathetic look mixed with a slight tinge of humor. It was as if Marik's situation amused him. He held out his hand and waited for Marik to take it. "Come on now, we dont have all day and i have some questions for you my human friend." His mind reached out to Marik's, sending a wave of calming energy and a aura of trust, helping to move along the conversation. @[member='Marik Baldear '],

Marik Baldear

M
marik sat up slowly. his head feeling worse then it did the first time. the dazed general took the mans arm and got to his feet. "so, who are you and why am i here?" he looked next to him where the Coalition trooper was standing. marik recognised the boy as one of the troops fighting at the Imperium palace. he calmed down at the familiar face

@[member="Juthan'Athar"]

Juthan looked him over once and shrugged. "Im a friend, and as for why your here, well i have some questions and you needed a way off Bastion." He starts down the hallway, waving for the general to follow him as he made his way into a conference room. Glancing over at Marik as he walked, watching and studying him.@[member='Marik Baldear '],

Marik Baldear

M
Marik leant on the shoulder of the Coalition trooper as he slowly made his way down the corridor. who ever this Chiss was, he didnt seem to be a threat. evan if Marik didn't trust the man, he wasn't really in a situation to do anything about it.

they came to the conference room and Marik sat in one of the padded chairs. his bones ached as he sat. he hid his pain behind his tacticians face, the face of concentration, the face he wore when analysing a situation.
"i thank you for rescuing me and my men from Bastion, unfortunately i dont have many memories of how the battle turned out" he had seen the Coalition wounded as he was walking to the conference room. Marik knew it was not a good sign. so many wounded on a mysterias ship, not on a Imperium ship at the rondevu point. his thought drifted to what had happened to the rest of the army. had they got off the planet, were they still alive, where was he being taken. so many questions flew around in his head but Marik was an officer, he knew this was not the time for thoes questions to be asked. for not @[member="Juthan'Athar"] would be asking the questions.

Juthan sat down and kicked his legs up onto the conference table, a drink had already been sitting in front of his chair before he came in, this of which he took up in his hand and drank from. "Well, lets see. Your men lost and BAstion is now under the Sith Empire's dominion. I blew off the leg of your AT-AT which explains your injuries then transported you and as many of your wounded off world. And here you are now with me, as for the men that did not come along i do not know what happened to them nor do i have the ability to speculate what has happened." He drank from the glass and looked at the ceiling, letting the words sink in. @[member='Marik Baldear '],

Marik Baldear

M
Mariks eyes flicked back and forth as if he was watching a a action movie in his head of trying to put a puzzle together. "wait. you attacked us then rescued us. why? it doesn't make any sense." marik tried to rise from his chair as he raised his voice "dont get me wrong Chiss, i apreatiate you saving my mens lives but we need to head for the rondevu point and meet up with anyo.." he fell back into his chair as his head begun to spin again. now in a lower tone he continued, his right hand holding his head up off the table "ask your questions. we must rejoin the remaining Coalition forces as soon as possible."

@[member="Juthan'Athar"]

@Marik Baldear

"My question is a simple one, why did you join the Imperium and fight against the Sith Empire, you must have known it would have easily ended with your death and the utter failure that came with it. Yet you fought them and did not resist their rule, it is something that intrigues me and is nearly the only reason your still alive and on my ship. Your answer will determine if my other reason is a valid one." He leaned back in the chair and drank from his glass, completely unphased by the General's barking of angry questions.

Marik Baldear

M
The two Coalition soldier flinched at the question. nether of them made a move for their weapons but anyone could tell the thought had crossed their minds.
The general sat back in his seat and stroked his chin, a low laughter grew from under his hand. throwing his hands to the armrests of the chair, Marik burst out in the type of laughter that might be used when a small child has sed something remarkably silly. the type of laughter used when you pity someone. the type of laughter used when someone so misses the punchline of a joke so they become more of a joke.

Marik composed himself and leant forward, better to look into the eyes of the Ciss. "why. thats it. you want to know why" the fire in Mariks eyes burned brightly as passion filled his voice "i grew up in the shadow of the Sith Empire. True, we were never technically part of the Empire but the shadow of the Sith is long. i didnt join the Imperium to fight the Sith Empire, i joined because i was a soldier." he paused for a moment, ether to let his statement to sink in or the pain was getting to him again. ether way, he continued with just as much force in his voice "i served one of the war lords who bought into the promises of the red empress. so i fought. not for him, and not for the red empress. i fought for these men here" he indicated to the men flanking him "i have seen countless lives torn up in the cogs of war and the ambition of others. i was foolish once, believing i could save lives by surveying those who ordered me to throw lives away. never again. we might all be fools, we might all be destined to be hunted down and killed, but we are free men" Marik jumped to his feet and waved his arm "we live free and if we are to die, then we will die free" out of breath, he collapsed back into his seat. the general continued in a lower tone as panted heavily "does that answer your question? i was dragged into this fight but that doesn't mean i am going to lay down and let the Empire role over me."

@[member="Juthan'Athar"]

Juthan grinned at the generals words, his eye gleaming. He stood up a made a bow to the general, the grin never leaving his mouth. "I would love to keep in contact General, i do believe i could help you." With that he started to the door but stopped. "By the way, were is your rendezvous site, your men wont tell me and having a bunch of wounded on my ship is getting pretty old. And if you need my personal comm-line, your guards both have it in case one of them forgot." He thought for a moment than spoke again. "And General, ill be glad to work with you in the future." @Marik Baldear

Marik Baldear

M
Marik sat there bewildered as the Ciss left the the room. that was not the way he had thought this conversation was going to pan out. he turned to the man next to him "head to the cockpit and give co-ordinates for the rendezvous. we appear to have acquired the very thing we need in this dark time. an ally" the general smiled weakly "we may have lost Bastion but we are far from losing this war"

@[member="Juthan'Athar"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom