Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worlds Collide

It would be said by some that there comes a time when the galaxy just wants to mess with you and throw you off your high horse. That ‘the force works in mysterious ways’ or that everything was in constant motion. All true and false in their own sense. The point of it was that things had a way to transpire in a way that left you speechless.

This was sort of something like that.

Coruscant had been next on her her list of things to see when it came to the One Sith. It was after all the desecrated remains of the Republic’s old seat of power. A taunt to the rest of the galaxy that the organization was not to mess with or to underestimate them. It was proof that no matter how few you are, unity will bring you fortune. Something the Republic clearly could stand to learn from.

Trivial matters had been attended to and now it was time for the fun part of having too much free time: troublemaking.

A lean against the wall was the first move and Sena placed herself by the exit of your average shop. She had certainly picked up a thing or two from her friends. Case people out and then make a move, but more importantly put distance between yourself and the mark before checking the contents of their purse. Sena could get a bit sloppy on the last part but frankly that was half the fun. Besides, a good chase or two was great cardio as long as she got away. Which she usually did, of course.

People passed her by but none of them struck her as the right target. None of them had that feel to them that made them seem like the mark that would fix all the monetary issues a young woman might be having in this capitalist’s daydream of an age.

Sena looked to the ground. Her hair covered her features as someone finally walked her way and only a second too late her eyes wandered up to catch sight of what could very well be the mother lode rounded a corner.

She had to act fast.

A push away from the wall had her nearly sprinting to catch up with the stranger. A mindful eye ran up and down her mark’s figure. Brown hair, about Sena’s height and a great figure. In a sense she almost felt bad as if she was about to rob herself but sometimes you had to look beyond such things for the sake of capital.

A smirk mixed with her smooth footsteps as she swiftly swept the purse from her target and just this once, for the sake of it in a special ‘thank you’ note, she turned around to face her target with a smile. Green eyes, great hair and still with a figure to die for. In a sense she actually quite looked like Sena herself.

Actually, come to think of it she very much looked like Sena.

The smirk quickly faded as she froze in her tracks. The purse found itself pocketed and she turned around to take a second look. It was like looking in a mirror. Was this another of Darth Carach’s illusions? Sena twisted her head around while a curious look shot out at the stranger.

Perhaps, just perhaps…

No, for now she remained in speechless shock. For an illusion this one actually felt very... Real.

[member="Velda Nar-Donna"]

[member="Sena Lassiter"]

Emerald green eyes skipped around the scene of Coruscant, the jewel of the galaxy, tarnished and healing from the tides of war, of course the Jedi had it coming to them. Yet the planet still needed repairs, something that also needed repair, Velda's ship, the flight control becoming damaged in entry into the planets atmosphere.

Doing a little bit of window shopping never hurt and when Velda reached for her purse it wasn't there. Whaaaa, the private though didn't finish as she look around.

Only to find a woman who looked strikingly familiar staring right back at her. Actually, she looked almost too familiar, almost as if Velda was staring at her own self.

Velda pulled out the note of "Thank you..." within her pocket, and glancing up at the other lady, a smirk crossed her lips, as measured smooth footsteps and wave of her hips with cat like grace crossed the remaining distance to Velda's look-a-like, and the closer Velda got it became apparent to the Corellian Duchess, this lady looked more and more like her. Beautiful facial features and an amazing in shape body, as she stopped in front of her and the words danced off of Velda's lips. Not only that, but she spied her purse juuust peeking out of the ladies pocket.

"I got your love note..." Velda purred out, holding it up with grace between her two fingers of her right hand.

"You are welcome gorgeous..." She said offering a bright smile as she studied the other lady.

So one question remained, could this beautiful woman be her long since lost twin sister, Sena. The woman Velda never really knew but always seem to miss, possibly. And the only way she could know for sure is to ask, such a possibility shocked her more than the pick-pocketing.

"Whats your name?" Being the first question that came to the young Corellian.

Velda knew the woman had her purse, but at this point that became the absolute last priority. Seeing as this could very well be her twin sister.

Anyway, the purse and the contents therein are easily replaceable. It only had Velda's credit chip from Corellia and her ID. And if anything Velda could steal the purse back off of her in a moment, just to prove a point.

That voice wasn’t hers though. At least not from what Sena had heard of herself. For a second there was little she could do but blink as Velda spoke to her. Her eyes followed the thank you note as it saw the light of day. A calling card was dangerous according to some, but hey it was the least a thief could do to apologize for any inconveniences caused.

Her left hand reached out to retrieve the card as the other reached for the wallet. An involuntary exchange between the two took place in a near-paralyzing moment of silence before Sena shook it off.

“Yeah of course. It’s…” A shaken Sena had to keep her mouth from staying open too long. “Lassiter.”

Illusion or not it had her curious enough to simply stand and stare. The wallet had been handed back and the thank you note pocketed already, what more did Sena have to lose? Not much, her fingerprints were all over that thing. Besides, if this stranger -- or illusion -- was anything like Sena then the part where she had to silence it wouldn’t be too difficult.

Then again, that meant the chances of her ending was just as likely. She’d just have to hope it didn’t come to that and that this woman was as smart as Sena were.

“Sena Lassiter.” The words rolled off her tongue after a moment of hesitation.

“Who are you?” Her arms crossed and she leaned away from the other woman in a sign of… Well, clearly not dominance. It was all very uncertain and unsafe. A stranger had her name with a bad slip up.

Maybe it was an illusion after all? Perhaps it's purpose was to prevent such slip ups in the future? It was far-fetched and she didn't quite believe it but it was the only thing she could think of that would explain all of this. Not once had their cousin told of her sister. The possibility of this woman being related to Sena felt slimmer than Sena encountering her own doppelganger. Yet deep down, somewhere inside of her, she felt it.

Was there a connection between the two somehow? No, can't be. Can it?

[member="Sena Lassiter"]

And there it is, the feeling of shock waved through Velda's petite tummy, to the very last tips of her body. For once, at least for a fleeting moment, she felt at a loss for words.

The surname Lassiter did indeed sound familiar, the Lassiter family distant relatives to the Nar-Donna family. Are no friends of the Nar-Donnas, Velda never got the details of the hang-up between the two families, but more then likely it had much to do with the Nar-Donna's never ending quest for power and prestige on Corellia.

Then the full name came, and Velda became speechless as she struggled for the right words, but if anything not offering her name and title among Corellian royalty would be impolite.

And so Velda did, just not in the tone of voice that dripped in confidence from earlier, she spoke quietly but still loud enough for Sena to hear clearly.

"I am Velda Nar-Donna, Duchess of Corellia..." She said still lost in thought.

"You are my twin sister..." She knew it quite likely sounded crazy to Sena, but she just had to say it.

"What happened to you?" The only question came from her in a heavy whisper. Her green eyes now studying Sena discreetly for the first time. While also for the few times her eyes felt the somber emotion of remorse.

This was not Velda Nar-Donna, the Sith. This was Velda Nar-Donna, the woman who truly missed her sister.

Eyebrows raised in preparation for a mocking little bow at the ‘duchess’. Except it never came. She had started with the bowing but before she had even gotten half-way she froze up again. Did she just say they were twins? She straightened her back and gave the woman a dead serious lookover.

The features were there, at least the attitude was.

The idea began rolling around her mind. A sister. Could it really be? She knew her parents were dead, the cousins had told her that much but a duchess? That she did not know. It would explain the teary eyed nobles that had collected her all those years ago. It would explain why their cousin was willing to waste so much on someone like her. But for what end?

As much as she wanted to question her cousin’s intentions of doing so there was little point in it. At least right now. Right now there was a twin sister that Sena would just happen stumble into on Coruscant. So far there was no mention of her family. All she had gotten was a name, a shocking revelation -- if true -- and a question.

A seemingly very funny question. It started as a snicker that turned into a chuckle and she covered her mouth. For a second she had almost let herself believe this was her sister. That she actually cared, but there was just one little part of it all that bothered her. The laughing stopped and Sena took a deep breath.

“No, yeah, that’s really funny.” Arms crossed again. It wasn’t actually fun, it was just a way to deal with things.

“Well, the short story is that when I was a very itty bitty little baby I was taken from mother and father dear. I did not know my name for fourteen freaking years before the cousin branch of the family tree found me in a cell on Zeltros and tried to 'set me down a better path for myself.'”

“What about you? All plain sailing to the top, I’m sure.” She didn’t let envy play into it fully. She wanted to but even then it didn’t feel right. Because if this truly was her sister then…

Then she had no idea what to do anymore...

[member="Sena Lassiter"]

"That is grand that I amused you, but I assure you, I don't jest..." Velda said running the options the young lady had in her head, on just about how to clear the air on Sena's true family heritage.

Her brow arched in thought while she listened to Sena, her sister had never been offered the full truth apparently, the fact her sister was never offered her true name until the age of fourteen was a crime in and of itself.

Then the question was offered to Velda, the remark about smooth sailing had Velda's lips in a supple smirk.

"Plain sailing would have been delightful in some moments. It certainly would have been preferred over learning proper etiquette. Such as standing when being greeted as to not offend the nobles, and remaining lady like in general..."

Then it came to her, the holophoto that happened to be stored in the small holobook in her purse. Holding her purse up in order to make sure she had Sena's attention, she opened it and took out the holobook. And flipping through the various holophotos of family and her nobility, it finally came up.

It showed two newborns, side-by-side, as she offered the colored moment captured in time to her sister.

The holophoto was tagged and named Sena and Velda Nar-Donna with a birthdate that followed.

Velda remained silent.

Again with the insistence that it wasn’t a joke. It felt like one, a big one. The elaborate kind that once you fall for you will never hear the end of it. Sena was so sure that she wouldn’t be playing along. Yet she fell into what would have been every trap along the way.

Wait, was that a remark about Sena? Was she not lady-like enough?

Eyes squinted as Velda reached out to get something. She held her purse in a manner that very much had Sena focusing on that rather than the item she was getting. For a moment it all just felt like things would have been so much easier if she had made off with it.

A long and dragged out exhale passed them yet as she held the photo it stopped dead in it’s track. Her bored expression turned blank just like her stare at the photo. It took every fibre of her body to fight the increasing urge to freak out. This was all starting to feel very real. World-shattering real.

“This is-… It’s-… I-…“ No words. Her hand covered her gaping mouth as her jaw dropped.

She had quietly wished for this as a kid. That the cruelty of her masters would be put to an end but such dreams had promptly been squashed by the men who owned her. It was a sign of disloyalty; that she was ungrateful for the things they had bestowed upon her. Those men that had been what she believed to be her parents or what remained of them.

Another wave of emotion washed over the young girl. She was angry, saddened and ecstatic. Ecstatic because someone who for each passing moment seemed to be her sister had appeared in her life. She actually had a sister, someone of her own flesh and blood.

Yet it was exactly that which saddened and enraged her.

“Where are the others?” The tears on her cheeks were hard to pin down. Were they happy or sad? Sena didn’t know.

“So you are-... You are my sister… And-... Where’s mother? Father? The Lassiters told me they died in the raid I was taken in. They also never mentioned you, which doesn’t make any sense. Why would they…”

[member="Sena Lassiter"]

The three dimensional image of the two sisters as newborns remained glowing in Sena's hand as Velda kept watching the holobook.

"Immediate family? Gone...although we do have quite extensive extended family, the Lassiters being one of many, and a few more Nar-Donnas about..."

Velda's voice usually purring with a smooth confidence now became shaky as she spoke of their parents.

"Father and mother passed away, a space faring accident claimed him, and authorities believe he was possibly killed. Health complications claimed our mother two years ago..."

Velda did not shed a tear but was visibly distraught, reminding herself of their parent's deaths. Truth being, enough tears fell from the woman's cheeks but she will never really get over it, and she knew it.

"After their passing, I inherited the Nar-Donna Island and estate in Corellia...and yet it will never replace our parents..."

Speaking of which, it reminded Velda, Sena's lightfoil which she never knew she had.

"You have a lightfoil, on the wall in the sparring room, which has always been waiting for you, father wanted you to have it, when you became of age..."

A lightfoil. A weapon that would still require a modicum of strength and if there was one thing Sena knew she lacked, it was that. In a sense it was her greatest weakness but she made up for it in other ways. Anger and hate had a way to do that to people, didn’t it?

A saddened yet oddly indifferent look searched for [member="Velda Nar-Donna"] as Sena struggled to find the words to describe what went on inside of her mind. Perhaps it was the fact that she had never known her parents or the fact that she had mourned them even before their time. She had never known them like her sister had and that fact alone made them nobody to her.

It shot a spark of guilt and she let it’s uncomfortable burn thrive within her.

“I…” Sena took a deep breath. “I don’t even know how to use one of those. I don’t even know how to use my own blade or blaster, it’s really all just for show.”

Still, the question as to who her parents actually were intrigued her.

“So father wasn’t too far from the perceived truth…” She shrugged. “What were they like? Why would Tristan just lie about my family like that?”

In a sense she suspected. He kept repeating something along the lines of Sena being better off. This was the part where she wished she had paid more attention but she hadn’t. He had sent her off to become a ‘better person’ yet it was during that very trip that she had found ways to become even less of one.

Ironic almost.

[member="Sena Lassiter"]

Emotionally, Velda felt a sting of remorse for her long lost sister, the reunited siblings were together now. And yet that sting of remorse built within Velda's black spirit, to the point Velda emotionally foreseen a deep color of crimson anger and wished nothing but death, agony and despair for those unfortunate souls who did this to her very sister.

And for Velda, she murdered for much less in the past.

Even though outwardly, the Velda appeared unmoved. Sena was her flesh, her blood, and philosophically while it might be unbecoming of a Sith to help those closest out. Velda remained prepared to help her sister in anyway possible, to pick up the pieces, and to become stronger.

"I learned how to spar with those when I was very young."

Velda said speaking of the lightfoils, then continued on about the family, and the n going search for Sena.

"The decision was made in the wake of your kidnapping, so I was to ensure I had a better then average chance of defending myself..."

"Our father, it seems had more secrets then he wished to admit. I never really understood just how many and how deep those secrets were, but I had a vague idea with the lightsaber he kept well out of my reach and was forbidden to touch, much less use."

"The family itself is much like other Corellian royal families, trickery, espionage, political blocks, royal weddings and the like. As a family though, we are very protective of our own and losing you was devastating. As I recall, our family blamed the Lassiters, the Lassiters blamed us. We looked for you...and never stopped looking."

Raising her finger, Velda, amused, poked at the holofilm playing behind Sena in a glass display, the film portraying a fight between a Jedi and Sith.

"How so, so...anti-climatic, watching the real thing is much more entertaining, grittier, dirtier ...messier..."

Sparring? That was the word for it? Well, at least they had the decency to teach her how to protect herself. It would have been hard for a little baby girl to do such a thing but at least it was taken care of when she got older. Lightsabers were off-limits and not that Sena truly cared about those weapons anyway. No, the interesting part was the part about political intrigue.

Not that it would ever be a realm Sena would find interesting. Her thrills were found chasing wallets and the items that didn’t rightfully belong to her. As was evident in the way she had reunited with her own flesh and blood in a very, very weird set of events that she had stopped trying to wrap her mind around. It was probably not worth the headache.

Their attention shifted for the screens behind the glass window.

“Violence.” Sena’s tried to recount the amount of times she had been in an actual fight. It was often enough to be a part of life, yet distant enough to not feel particularly noticeable. How weird.

“A respectable means to an end as long as you’re guaranteed to win.” She let her gaze set upon her sister. “There’s a reason I am a pickpocket and not a robber.”

“So you just watch the real deal, huh?” A very amused smirk grew on Sena’s lips as she spoke. “Fighting is rarely my thing, but sometimes there’s just those small things that makes you tick.”

Like bashing a man’s face in and slashing another’s throat for witnessing it. That had been a weird evening.

Did Sena’s stare just turn a bit more manical? “We all have those moments when we just… Tick, don’t we?”

[member="Sena Lassiter"]

"Fighting is at times a rather uncivilized ordeal, but necessary when some see things rather differently and would rather see your Dejarik pieces wiped off the game table..."

Velda pondered for a few seconds before continuing, as she listened to her sister. Answering when asked if she just watched...

"I've participated in a few...but why participate dear when you can manipulate?" Velda's gorgeous features beamed, as if remembering a moment that unfolded in an evil artistic stroke of murder, painted in the blood of a lost heart.

"At times, it is the best course, allow the extensive attacks from the grubby that is attempting to foil your plans to be directed at one of their own. And you can watch their misguided morals crumble...its beautiful really..."

A lukewarm breeze caressed Velda's smiling cheeks as she watched Sena light up.

"Yes, we all sometimes have those moments I would say..."

Velda opined looking as if she was lost in thought, leaning her head back slightly while keeping her jade colored eyes locked upon her sister.

"Those moments when one just ticks...tick tock, locked in rhythm to the heartbeat of the darkside..."

The last line seemed to purr out so smoothly from Velda's voice, almost like a dream. Then turning her attention to the holobook, she looked through more photos, until she came up to their father.

"This is him, his name is Brion, Brion Nar-Donna."

Manipulation wasn’t as ideal in the same way. Getting down into the fight yourself was the only way to determine if you were truly worth anything. Should you not have the means to keep yourself alive then what reason should others have to do something like that for you? It was the first lesson she had learned growing up. Everyone pulls their own weight and those who don’t get ‘lectured’ until they do.

A mental image of the bruises as the blunt little clubs impacted upon flesh was horrible. The sounds of those around her crying out in pain from being ‘lectured’ playing like a distant echo from her past.

It would be obvious to anyone that the woman she had become was a direct result of her upbringing. Yet perhaps these two sisters had something in common after all. The dark side of the force. Sena was not a stranger to it, but judging by the tone of her sister’s voice Sena was the one the least in touch with it.

Something in the way she referred to the dark side seemed to have burst the frames open. Lightfoils, sabers and affinity to the dark side. Were the Lassiters trying to protect Sena from her old family? It would explain the reaction she got once the whole Dark Side business came to Tristan’s attention. In fact it would explain a lot.

Suddenly the Lassiter’s efforts to keep her away from such things had adapted yet another layer of irony. Perhaps some things run in the family after all, like a deep insatiable need for more.

Her pondering was cut to an end as the image of a man popped up in her face.

Brion Nar-Donna. Her father.

She grabbed the hologram by it’s base. In a sense she felt bad about being this apathetic about the man but a feigned smile wasn’t too much to ask for. She forced her lips into spreading to each cheek. It didn’t feel quite right and the eyes certainly didn’t give away any hints of… Well, anything.

“He’s handsome. Good to see the family has a high standard to these things.” Sena nodded as the smile turned into a smirk.

“Then again, how could he not be? Just look at us.

[member="Sena Lassiter"]

Bemused, Velda glanced at the holophoto of their father...Corellian royals tended to be pleasing to the eye, and Velda and Sena were surely proof of that.

"Yes, handsome indeed... I always felt he had a connection to the dark side of the force. Perhaps a bit of intuition of sorts, it is perhaps the little things when added up, connect in such a way as to paint a portrait of a person. And as much as I loved him as I loved my mother. I never really felt as if I ever actually knew him."

Glancing around the area, Velda became reminded of just why she came to Coruscant.

"In my youth it seemed like I lived two lives, the public one as a Nar-Donna royal, and the private one, as a rebellious and rambunctious teen..."

This is when the story starts becoming a little more, unnatural.

"I chanced upon some rare artifacts of Dark Side Sorcery and spells, sold to me from a smuggler passing through Coronet. A hefty price indeed, but as a Nar-Donna and Corellian royal. Credits are of no consequence..."

Taking a breath to allow such to sink in she continued.

"Soon afterwards, I found a suitable place underneath the Nar-Donna Estate and began with the instructed ritual. At first I did not think it was going to work...but it sure did well enough. The ritual summoned a Force Ghost of a Sith Lord, whom I learned soon after, became quite insane from his...deathly circumstances..."

"...He never offered his name, in fact, he almost murdered me, and would have had it not been for the protective circle I was in. And almost got the job done one evening..."

"When father came back from his trip...he saw the results...and the ritual area. I had thought he would become enraged...yet...he didn't."

She studied her sister in a cool manner.

"...This is what brings me to the One Sith..."

Sena swallowed air. She never told many about life as a slave. In fact she told nobody about it. It was a part of her life where she had been as weakest, a pitiful little follower that would do anything.

“I was raised on… I don’t even know.” Her eyes shyed away and searched the floors for something of interest. “I just know that it was a cold planet. Not in temperature but in minds.”

“You were kept alive, if only barely, to remind you of your own mortality. You were fed enough to make the days pass by but not enough to grow strong enough to rebel. A lot of people died, starvation, beating and whippings. It was…”

Shaky breathing and eyes wide shut. It pained her to remember, it always did. It was a form of torture in itself. She refused to forgive and she refused to forget. Slavery was one of the largest abominations this galaxy offered. If there was one thing she hated, wanted to rid it was just that.

“It came to an end as some of the other slaves finally organized themselves enough to try and pull an escape. We-… I didn’t want to. It was like betraying my parents, my family. I could never do that. Yet when I left my cell to see what the commotion was about I found myself approached by two men. Two horrible men that said things…”

Her eyes rose from the floor. Things were getting way too close to her heart, but something made her want to relay everything. Her sister had to know. She had to know what life outside of royalty had felt like, what it still feels like.

“I was fourteen but that didn’t seem to matter. They got closer and I panicked... I grabbed one of their knives and thrust it for his. Well, uh… Point is he screamed in agony and I used the panic in his other friend to stab him in the throat. Yet that wasn’t the worst part.”

Sena shrugged. It was all she could do.

“I really enjoyed it. That feeling of holding the man’s life in my hands. To squash him like the bug that he was and watch him suffer. I was overwhelmed by it and lost control, began looking for easy fixes to a drive me towards the next fix after the other. I was in control for the first time and it was great. I was free and… Then the authorities decided to cut it short.”

Her gaze turned sideways in spite. Authorities sucked. It was just one of the reasons she stayed on Nar Shaddaa.

“That’s how the Lassiters found me. Through blood. They were called as the next of kin. It must have been around the time father died or something, or maybe they had bribed the right people. In any case they whisked me away to their home on Onderon where I got to live quite a comfortable life. Regain most of my strength and read up on some of the things I missed before they sent me away again to continue my education.”

Which was their biggest mistake since…

“I met a man here. Taught me how to control that rage within me while at the same time showing me about the force. It was… Captivating and just felt… Right.”

“There is of course more to it, but it's not as important. Unless you meant how I got involved with the One Sith… That’s a considerably less interesting story about wanting to explore the galaxy and getting stuck in an invasion. On Prakith of all places.”

[member="Sena Lassiter"]

Prakith? Velda mused, drifting in thought to the fortress planet and the recent Republic invasion. So Sena had been there, Velda could only imagine the olfactory sensation of lives being snuffed out reeking through the air, bloodshed everywhere, and dreams of victory shattered. According to the news reported by CHN, Velda remembered the battle being hard fought. As was the one fought on Kashyyk.

The picture suspends in Velda's mind for some fleeting moments, faded as her attention fell back upon her sister. Wherever the location had been Velda only wondered, Outer Rim? How about farther out, how about Wild Space perhaps? How about farther out still in the Unknown Regions, Velda could ponder all evening. Wherever this unfortunate habitat had its location, Velda privately already hated it. To treat her sister like...like...a slave? ...Really?

The Corellian Duchess shook her head, pondering possible living conditions, harsh, rough, dirty...it twisted her tummy.

She sighed, one thing she did agree with Sena on she despised slavery...especially slave trafficking. Well...at least when the slaves were not Velda's...but even when they were then they were known servants.

“Atrocious, such a slave colony needed to be addressed in the most...violent way possible.”

Then things moved on to the Lassiters and how they reached Sena.

“Bribery? Possibly...identification theft and DNA stealing of our father far fetched but possible to be sure, but this would also explain why father, rarely if ever ventured to Onderon...”

Velda's green eyes casually yet unsecretively cased Sena up and down.

“Despite being starved and malnourished, you still look quite lovely and share my size. This is very fortunate...”

Taking a deep breath Velda continued.

“Things were difficult and unpleasant, but we are reunited now...”

Sena looked good despite being malnourished at one point, that much was true.

“Well, of course. I wasted no time eating as much as I could the second my feet set ground on Onderon.”

Then the moment that had been long overdue fell upon them. Her sister might not have seen it as a very typical thing for someone of their ‘reputation’ to do but perhaps that was the biggest difference between them in the end. Sena never counted herself as a real sith. She simply aided them because further down the lines their goals seemed to go hand in hand somewhat.

The mention of reunion had a teary-eyed Sena wrapping her arms around her sister and plunging her face into her shoulder. More than ever the idea that it was an illusion seemed to disappear into thin air. Skin felt real, hair felt real, everything about her felt real and maybe just perhaps that was evidence enough that this was all for real.

“If I had known. If someone had told me. Then this meeting would not have been like this.”

She let her head move away her sister’s shoulder leaving a soaking spot in it’s place. A hand reached up to wipe away any remaining dirt that had managed to get stuck in her eyes. This was in no way what she had planned for the day.

“When we’re done here I will have some serious questions to ask of our dear cousins but for now I am perfectly happy with just getting to know my sister.”

Which still felt really odd to say. She repeated the words ‘my sister’ in her mind yet it didn’t seem willing to register it. Instead a tiny fraction of the smile she wanted to put on display erupted.

“Unless she has anything better to do? I’m getting all super emotional.”

[member="Sena Lassiter"]

Rather surprisingly, Velda fell into her sister's hug. Velda did not raise a hint of objection in the slightest, after all, this was not a royal court. And like Sena, deep down in her soul, she was still a woman -- a woman who deeply missed her sister.

Its okay..” Velda whispered. “The only thing that really matters is that it happened, what doesn't matter is the presentation.”

It is true the only thing that did matter to Velda is Sena as Velda hugged her.

“I am sure we can humor our cousins with a warm visit soon enough, but for now it might be best to find a cafe somewhere, and gather our emotions.”

As the two started along there way to the nearest local eatery. Velda heard the various street noises of the planet. Droids floating by, the different sounds of various speeders, and the every day hectic urban life of Coruscant.

So which Velda would you rather know?” Velda said in a faint spell of sarcastic humor. “The one who had to perfect proper elegance for the VIP parties, and celebrities and other dignitarys...”

“Or the rebellious wild one who would escape the estate, and steal her parents sail yacht, and go to Coronet at age seventeen??”

Was this a small amount of peace that Sena felt? Her sister’s comfort was doing it’s job and just this once she felt… Safe. This was becoming her spot of safety. The first one in a long time and slowly but steadily that very notion grew on her. It was intimidating, it was wrong but just like everything else it just felt so right.

“Gathering emotions sounds nice.” Sena followed her sister. The lights and noises, people and vehicles zoomed by. More than a few heads turned their way as a duchess was seemingly taking a walk with a street rat. They looked the same. Such was the benefits of being twins.

Then questions. Who did Sena want to know more about? To say both would feel obvious but if there was one she wanted to know the most…

“Rebel Velda. She seems like the one I’d be hanging out with the most. No offense to Duchess Nar-Donna, of course.”

[member="Sena Lassiter"]

Yes, passerbys did indeed stare, but Velda paid no attention, while she continued in a smooth prance toward the Cantina with Sena by her side. Velda just decided to treat them as the peasants they were and was not moved or bothered...in fact, she didn't even notice they were there.

“Well, as a teen I was pretty rambunctious and the philosophy that rules were meant to be broken became more and more clear as I became a little older I suppose...”

Pausing briefly as they came upon a suitable cafe, the two sisters entered and she continued admiring the peaceful quietness and casual nature of the establishment.

“Back then when I was in Coronet I frequently found myself in situations that were very colorful or dangerous. Credits were no concern and I would frequently return with interesting things from around the galaxy, sometimes clothing, at times other valuable items.”

She made herself comfortable at a table with her sister as continued on.

“I would frequently enter a certain Cantina, in disguise. And would encounter many different “personalities” spacers, bounty hunters, mercenaries, those types…some of these encounters were quite dangerous...many of them were quite the gentlemen...”

Some were quite easy on the eye...” She said quietly, as she remembered a few.

Sudden a droid hovered up, and a female voice greeted the two sisters…

“Can I take ya orders...”

Giving a cool glimpse to the droid then back to Sena, Velda answered.

“Cassius tea...hot...”

After the waitress droid took Velda's and Sena's orders...Velda continued.

“For the most part Coronet is an amazing lovely city but there are parts that are not so welcoming...like the one evening I took a wrong turn and per chanced on a swoop gang...lets not get into that. I will just say I learned that night sometimes a wrong turn could potentially be your last.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom