Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Work.

"This sounds like something you should have came to me with, Niles."

The aging man sighed and placed both of his hands upon the railing. His gaze was averted...for the moment.

"I didn't want to let you down, boss. You've been coming to me for your projects since day one, and I pride myself on always getting whatever you need. You want Nightshadow on a freaking Star Destroyer? You got it. You want a stealth generator that can cover three thousand meters? I've got it covered. But this one...I dropped the ball monumentally on this one."

Now, if the Sith Lord was an ancient Imperial of certain renown, there would be a Force Choke in there somewhere.

"You should have karking said something. That's your job. This project is of the utmost importance. The very future of the company can hang in the balance. It's one thing to attempt to clean up a mess for a personal order, that is something I can justify having patience with. But this? This? Dammit Niles."

There would be time to formulate some form of fitting consequence later.

However, something had to be done about the lack of hull plating. Now. "Niles, get the Geonosis facility on the line. Now." Metus growled. There was no hesitation on that one. Aging fingers promptly produced a datapad, danced across the screen, and commenced a holo-call bound for a world reclaimed from rebellious hands. One Ring went by. Then another. Then finally, an accented voice answered. There was no hologram, oddly enough, but then again they were underground. Signal wasn't the greatest.

"Allo?" it said.

"This is Verd. I need to inquire the status of your inventory."

"Oh Mastah Verd? What can wie do for yew?"

"We are having a bit of an issue with the production of matrix armor and evasive alusteel for the Executrix project. So, now, an alternative is required. Durasteel. No. Reinforced Durasteel. How much do you have? Enough to cover the project?'

"Av course! Wie av plenty!"

"Good. Get ahold of an ATC rep. Have them rush deliver as much of that product as you can. Now."

Click.

Now, an inquiring mind would be thinking...why didn't Niles just think of that?

Well, when it was a project commissioned by the CEO, only the CEO could really sign off on an audible of this magnitude. The Sith Lord, by far, was the only one in the company that could modify an order on the fly like that. Now, if the Head of Research and Development had reached out to him, he could have made this adjustment weeks prior. Yet, as Niles said, the ball was dropped...off the side of a karking cliff.

"Niles."

Darth Metus was carefully considering how to proceed. On one hand, he jeopardized the future of Arakyd Industries with his poor decision. On the other, he had served the corporation well and hadn't let him down personally since then. The small, miniscule shred of empathy within the monstrosity stirred at that moment...and was promptly smothered under a mountain of common sense.

"I am not going to terminate your employment over this, although I very well should. I am, however, suspending you for the foreseeable future. I will be calling a review by the board to see how long that sentence lasts...You had best hope that reinforced durasteel is enough to cover this blunder, because if it isn't..."

There wasn't truly a need to finish the threat.

"I...I understand boss. I'm sorry. So sorry."

"Tara. We're leaving."

For a moment, the Sith Lord was human. He could have shattered decades of effort in the name of Arakyd Industries, but settled for a brief interruption. Perhaps Niles would take this vacation seriously and learn to not bite off more than he could chew. Perhaps this would encourage him to check his confidence, especially when it came to matters that could potentially shape the company's future. This was frustrating, but it was settled...for the time being.

"Is there anyone that you need me to call, m'lord?"

"Yes. Get me the Council. I'll update them on the situation."

"Of course."

Upon stepping upon the shuttle once again, darkness fell upon the cabin. The door was closed, the pressure was regulated, and the engines ignited. For several moments there was silence...well, outside of the din of takeoff. However, once in the air, the vessel did as she was bid. Several swift taps upon her datapad resulted in holo-conference: one that only had two attendees. The Sith Lord stepped forward, clasping his hands together. His shoulders rolled, amassing some degree of confidence, as he began to address his latest client.

"Esteemed Supreme Leader, the cause of the delay has been discovered and remedied accordingly. I do hope that you will accept my sincerest apologies on behalf of myself and Arakyd Industries as a whole."

"What is the status of the Executrix now?"

"In light of the most recent remedy, the first vessel will be ready for deployment and inspection within the month. From there, the rest of the line will quickly follow suit."

"Excellent. With the Alliance steadily growing fat upon the Protectorate's carcass, we will need the Executrix. See to it that further delays do not occur."

"Of course. Thank you for your patience."

Click.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom