Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wookieepedia doesn't know everything

rain21199

The One Horned Demon
I'm making a new character but the species that i'm making it has very little info about it. I'm looking for help as to what I should fill in the blanks with or a different telepathic species that is more like a support type species in battles than anything. I was planning on making my character a Celegian but if you read the article it is missing the age that they normally die, and it isn't really specific on how far there telepathic powers can reach.

[member="Cain Laatl"]
Alot don't have the standard years they live for: just be realistic with it. We know that many have the same lifespan as a human, and quite a few have beyond that. Honestly? This doesn't matter so much in Roleplay, because it's a matter of "only you decide when your character dies". I'm betting a lot of old-school characters on here have been stuck at around the same age for numerous years now.

As for the telepathy? Begin with a little - close associates and the sort - and build upon it IC. Telepathy is another Force Power. Born with an affinity or not, this means you still ought to work and build upon it. It's part of the mind, meaning it has to stretch and grow to get better. Treat it like any other Force Power and you'll be golden, just begin, as I say, with prior knowledge on the basics.

Lady Kyros said:
[member="Cain Laatl"]
Alot don't have the standard years they live for: just be realistic with it. We know that many have the same lifespan as a human, and quite a few have beyond that. Honestly? This doesn't matter so much in Roleplay, because it's a matter of "only you decide when your character dies". I'm betting a lot of old-school characters on here have been stuck at around the same age for numerous years now.

As for the telepathy? Begin with a little - close associates and the sort - and build upon it IC. Telepathy is another Force Power. Born with an affinity or not, this means you still ought to work and build upon it. It's part of the mind, meaning it has to stretch and grow to get better. Treat it like any other Force Power and you'll be golden, just begin, as I say, with prior knowledge on the basics.
This

Wookieepedia only details what is explicitly known - and a lot is not really known. Plus, it's usually just a glance at the details - not the whole breadth. I've seen a lot of people assume incorrect things about technology or Force powers because they've never bothered to read the source material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom