Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Wolfblade of Typhon Dlukav

Status
Not open for further replies.

• ZAuiW7b.jpg
    OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
    • Intent: To give Lorale Farmar a major weapon to use in the coming wars.
    • Image Source: (X)
    • Canon Link: N/A
    • Permissions: N/A
    • Primary Source: Ancient Force Sword
    • Edit Changes: Changed the picture from the Dragon Slayer from Berserk to Frostmourne from World of Warcraft. Added Phrik and Electrum to material links. Altered strengths and weaknesses somewhat from Consumes Life and Force Energy to Consumes Souls. Altered Force Channeler to Storm Blade for a more concrete weapon power. Added IC history and description.
    PRODUCTION INFORMATION
    • Manufacturer: Typhon Dlukav
    • Affiliation: Lorale Farmar (Current); Typhon Dlukav (Past)
    • Model: Wolfblade of Typhon Dlukav (Current); The Crux Glacius (Past and Current)
    • Modularity: N/A
    • Production: Unique
    • Material: Force-Imbued Impervium Blade w/ Runes of Power | Phrik Handle w/ Electrum Finish | Obsidian Pommel | Shrunken Beast Skull
    TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
    • Classification: Force Sword
    • Size: Extreme (Roughly 2.4 meters in length)
    • Weight: Extreme (Roughly 181kg)

• SPECIAL FEATURES
    • Connects Lorale to Heart of Noxis
    • Can Deflect Blasters
    • Lightsaber Resistant
    • Consumes the Souls of its Victims
    • Wielder's Doom
    • Storm Blade
    • Svolten Rhyolite
    STRENGTHS:
    • Heart of Noxis: Allegedly empowered from the very essence of the Heart of Noxis following its rediscovery, the Wolfblade offers horrific power to its chosen wielder who has now gained a form of connection to the enigmatic entity. If true, the current wielder, Lorale Farmar, essentially holds some of the greatest sway over his species. Most of the Koignalteth who have learned of this have gone on to state that Lorale is a liar and that such a thing is impossible, despite evidence written by the original owner himself. Regardless of the truth behind this claim, it has been noted that when Lorale wields the sword, he appears to be empowered with strength and agility beyond his already extraordinarily high limits, wielding the 181kg blade as it was made of foam and performing moves that are not only improbable but also impossible for someone of their stature.
    • Lightsaber, Blaster, and Physical Resistance: Because the blade is more or less a Force Sword, it holds the same capabilities of being able to deflect blaster rounds and clash against lightsabers with ease. It is nigh-indestructible by physical means and will deflect and bash away most attacks done upon it.
    • Svolten Rhyolite: The blade is coated in this special substance to ensure that it never dulls and is always at peak sharpness.
    • Storm Blade: Through the means of ancient arcane smithing, the blade has been gifted the powers of winter and thunder itself, able to conjure ice and snow and violent Force Storms upon the wielder's enemies, as well as freeze and shatter almost any known metal and material.
    • Consumes Souls: Strangely, despite not being a Sith Sword, the Wolfblade consumes the souls of those it kills, increasing the wielder's physical strength and capabilities for brief moments at a time for each soul consumed in battle.
    WEAKNESSES
    • Wielder’s Doom: The Wolfblade will one day take the life of its current wielder and consume every last ounce of Life and Force energy they can give before sending them back to the Heart of Noxis. Why this is, only the original wielder, Typhon Dlukav, knows. However, Lorale has been given some insight into his inevitable death, being told that it must happen for his people to be victorious in the long run.
    • Light Side and Dark Side: As the only sword created by Typhon Dlukav without the usage of the Dark Side, the sword is neutral in alignment with the Force but is considered unnatural in existence. Despite its neutrality, the sword is still vulnerable to pure Light and Dark Side energy in raw and applied form. If enough of this energy is applied to the sword, it will shatter and possibly destroy the wielder before their allotted time. Force Suppression fields have also been noted as briefly affecting the weapon, somehow sapping its ability to give Lorale the strength needed to wield it effectively. Void Stone has also proven to work, although more so on Lorale rather than the blade itself. The nature of the weapon additionally prevents it to avoid detection from Force Users unless ample masking is used to suppress the energy.
    • Tight Spaces: Because of its gargantuan size, and the size of the one that wields it, the sword cannot be used in anything short of open spaces. This makes it so that the current wielder, Lorale Farmar, is physically incapable of fighting inside buildings, hallways, and tunnels unless they are properly sized for him.
    • Extreme Weight: The weight and nature of this sword makes it so that none but its chosen wielder can use it effectively. However, the sword's weight is placed in full upon the Dluvak when sheathed upon their back rather than held in their hands, making it a great effort to walk and stand without buckling under the sheer burden.

• Typhon Dlukav's blade. Not once did I ever truly believe I would actually find it, especially upon that planet of all planets. Hidden, shrouded, lost. I never thought I would return there after all these centuries, the birthplace of that puppet they called Darth Raptious. I find it humorous now that I am considering making it my home, my base of operations as the Imperials would call it.

The white storm cracked the atmosphere into a thousand porcelain shards, smoldering the ozone into remnants of a planet's wrath and fury at my indignation to once more take steps upon its sacred soil in search of the temple. How had he reached this planet in his condition? In his weakness? These questions still run through my head as I gaze upon this blade of magnificence and recall the room in which I discovered it. He is by no means weak upon our world and he could smite me in a half-second if I dared to say this to him in person. But off Noxis he is nothing. Weak, shriveled, old. Rotting. A dying God threatened to be overthrown by a Pantheon invasive, created by me. Created by his child. But that is a mere possibility, a theory that will never be proven correct for my loyalty lay only with Noxis. What truly matters is that he created this weapon of power that now grants me a step closer to how he was in his prime.

It was an auditorium of magnitude within that ancient pyramid, clearly designed for mass sermons and rituals yet lacking the most basic necessities for an audience. I suppose this indicates that whoever attended said sermons and rituals were to remain sitting and kneeling upon the floor, but I digress.

Cracked stone covered in dark green moss clacked and melted under my sabatons whilst I maneuvered through the bare temple, my eyes fixated on the singular slab of stone in the exact center of the auditorium. Thereupon it did my destiny rest, the next piece in the Grand Dictum laid before me by my God. The rain poured into the auditorium through the fissures in the ceiling, clattering against my pauldrons and helm in rapid fashion, an annoying sound to be sure, yet I ignored the torrential downpour that threatened to wash away a lesser man, of which I was and am not.

My goal was the blade that I ran my armored fingers across upon stopping in front of the slab. My first thought of the blade was how, even through the metal of my gauntlet, the blade was freezing to the touch and I was forced to will myself from pulling back in pain. My next thoughts were on the intricate, nigh-demonic design of the weapon in its entirety and how it exuded an aura of domination and a strange sense of honor. Its Impervium based blade is long and fanged as if lined with the teeth of ravenous beasts and is etched with runes that glow a bright, icy blue even in its dormant state. The very bottom of the blade flares out into what I can only describe as two curved daggers and is altogether melded into a skull layered in the same metal; this skull incidentally serves as the main connector to the Heart of Noxis. The crossguard directly underneath the skull is made from obsidian and is adorned with spiked baubles. And finally, the handle is constructed out of phrik and is layered in Electrum which gives it the distinct golden hue, and the pommel it ends in is similar to the crossguard, being obsidian. In totality, this weapon is one of the most finely crafted swords I have ever laid my eyes upon and used in battle.

Thus, you must excuse me when I say that I could contain myself no longer. The blade before me was my destiny and all I had to do was claim it. Without hesitation, I gripped the handle of the blade only to nearly succumb to the voltage of frost and storm that coursed through my veins like the very ichor that sustained Gods. It was unbearable, yet I had to bear it. It was hellish, yet it was heaven. It was weakening, yet empowering. The sensations I felt as I rose to my feet and held the sword before me were everything a man could feel at once. Pain, pleasure, despair, joy. The culmination of a plan set millennia ago.

And then the pyramid crumbled upon me, the storm beyond it having reached its zenith and blasting apart the stone that housed me from the elements. For days was I buried under the rubble, forced to slowly clamber my way out of my possible tomb, the souls of whoever had inhabited the pyramid before me telling me to surrender, to give up, to accept my doomed fate. It was they who fumed at my presence and my success. They who sought to slay me before my time could truly begin. But I could not and I would not for that was not my destiny. And so, after what felt like years, I burst through the rubble and let out a yell of both championed victory and defiance.

The storm raged once again at my survival, but I would not let it phase me. Instead, I cursed in my native tongue and held the blade aloft with great intent. The power now bestowed upon me by the father of my people streamed out from the blade in explosive fashion and I quelled the thunder and lightning with the suppression of winter frost. As the storm froze, so too the planet, now rid of its vicious nature and thrust into an eerie calm that weighed down upon me as I awaited rescue for my ship had been buried under the newly formed ice fields.

It was not long before my faithful whisked me away from this lost, desolate planet that I now look upon with eager eyes and a new vision. Perhaps I shall make this planet mine. My fortress world. Deep in the ice.

Yes. I think I will do just that.

Last edited:
[member="Lorale Farmar"],

HOLY FETH that blade is heavy. How just... why? lol Either way, lets get into this.

Lorale Farmar said:
Consumes Life/Force Energy: Strangely, despite not being classified as a Sith Sword, the Wolfblade consumes the energy of its victims, whether life or Force like many Sith Swords of the past. When consuming the former, the blade increases its immense physical strength and capabilities, while the latter strengthens the blade’s channeling feature as well as empower Lorale’s own abilities for brief moments at a time.
So I just want to get this right. Through use of the sword, sapping strength of the wilder, it can then empower them? It seems contradictory to what you are attempting to do with this sword. Can you explain this a little more for me?

Lorale Farmar said:
Light Side and Dark Side: Because the sword is, by way of its creation, neutral in alignment with the Force and unnatural in existence, the sword is vulnerable to pure Light and Dark Side energy in their raw and applied form. If enough is applied to the sword, it will shatter and possibly destroy the wielder. The nature of the weapon additionally prevents it to avoid detection from Force Users unless ample masking is used to suppress the energy.
You mention the force here, What about Force Suppression fields or Void Stone? How much of a weakness would this be for someone who literally needs to use the force to wield it properly?

Lorale Farmar said:
Tight Spaces: Because of its gargantuan size, the blade is impossible to swing in small corridors and hallways without exceptional might added to the swing so as to carve through the walls and floors.
Its just my recommendation that you expand on this weakness. Lorale is almost 12 feet tall. (3.6 meters) Which means that the reach for your arm, is just a little under half of that. (Would be about 5 feet, or just under 2 meters) As well as the length of the sword two swing this thing.

You would likely just need open spaces. Anything resembling a hallway, corridor or the like would not be suitable for your size and the sword to fit. Literally you would be a Bull in a China Shop.

Lorale Farmar said:
Connects Lorale to Heart of Noxis via red symbol on blade
Is this Heart of Noxis in a previous submission?

Lorale Farmar said:
Extreme Weight: The weight and nature of this sword makes it so that none but Lorale can wield it. However, the sword's weight is placed in full upon the Dluvak when sheathed upon their back rather than held in their hands, making it a great effort to walk and stand without buckling under the sheer burden.
You mention here that its extreme weight would make it difficult to wield, yet earlier you mention something different.

Lorale Farmar said:
egardless of the truth behind this claim, it has been noted that when Lorale wields the sword, they appeared to be empowered with strength and agility beyond their already extraordinarily high limits, wielding the 181kg blade as it were made of foam and and performing moves that are not only improbable, but also impossible for someone of their stature.
So Is this leaning more into the strength giving aspect of the weapon that I am wanting to know more about?

[member="Vigil Rostu"] Alright! Time for some clearing up.

1. So I cleared up the force/life consuming thing so as to explain that it consumes that of those it kills in battle. It does not slowly consume Lorale's energy over time, but will do consume everything when the day comes as per the Wielder's Doom weakness (and I do plan on that event at some point, it's not just a fluff piece).

2. Added force suppression and void stones. I can go more in depth with what they do in the event they are used in threads.

3. Fixed the tight spaces thing. I agree.

4. No, but I am working on the Heart of Noxis alongside everything else with my Noxis Submissions Series. Once it's made, I will pull this to pre-codex to add the link, but for now, no sub just yet. I can DM you if you'd like about what the Heart is, if that would make things easier.

5. So, the sword acts like a magic item in video games and such. It doesn't activate until it's in the hands of the wielder. So, the sword's strength enhancer doesn't activate until Lorale is wielding it in their hands, meaning the full weight of it is buckling down on them if sheathed upon their back. Even their immense strength and fortitude finds the sword nearly unbearable, which is why they often choose to drag it or carry it over their shoulder rather sheath it, although the latter is still required when at socials and imperial cities and such. I hope this helps.

[member="Lorale Farmar"],

Thank you very much for the edits you have done. I feel like you have adequately provided enough information, and cleared up my thoughts of this.

No, I will not need you DM me about the Heart as you are actively working on it.

Otherwise, enjoy the sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom