Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[member="Lady Kay"]

It had only been a couple weeks since Eddak had last seen the Queen, yet this time he was coming unannounced. He intentionally wanted to spook the Commenor guardsmen, in his own way he thought it was to ensure the Queens Guard were always prepared. He just hoped she was available, even in the slightest, to see him. Or else this plan may fail horribly. Whatever the case, Eddak would obviously do his best for the Queen of Commenor. The title demanded such.

Eddak had arrived with one of his own soldiers, who was armed, but it was slung on his shoulder without any loaded ammunition. It was unknown if the Guardsmen would notice such a small detail, but Eddak knew they would discover the large wooden case made of Greel Wood. But it looked like it held a tool or instrument, as it was quite thin. Eddak had actually made his way to the Queens front door, of the structure they met in when he was last here. Apparently he used word play and his status with the faction and the Queen to even get this far. It was unsultry trickery mixed with Eddak and his soldier attempting an infiltration of the Queens structure, which obviously failed... at this point. If the guards had ordered him to stop and relinquish weapons, or just told to hand over the case, Eddak would have had none of it. A defensive posture with his own specialized and personal sword, Decimation, he guarded his trooper. Said trooper not... doing anything, but holding the box, not even reaching for his weapon. At this point Eddak would have made enough commotion, but he didn't seem prepared to harm anyone, in fact it looked like he was having fun, laughing and more in a competitive posture than a full one ready for combat to the death.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
The guards had indeed stopped [member="Eddak Manod"] at the door, asking for at least a weapon's check. And of course the long box. The answer that it was a gift for the Queen wasn't good enough for them. And so they tried to get it from them. However Eddak was toying with them, which only got the lads a bit more frustrated with him.

It was at this moment that Kay had walked by, crossing the hallway on her way to another wing. She spotted Eddak and the others at the far end, making such a fuss that she had to stop and see what was going on. Her brows furrowed as she got closer, her curiosity turning to a bit of shock.

When she got near enough, Kay cleared her throat loudly to catch their attention. "Excuse me, gentlemen. Is there something wrong?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Eddak looked up as Lady Kay now joined in the arrangement, making him grin even wider. "My Queen, Lady Kay," he bowed in a swift, dance-like motion, sheathing his sword. Just as quickly as the blade finished sheathing, Eddak looked up to the guards, pointing at a couple, still smiling, giving them a look that he was on his guard still. "I apologize for this unscheduled and inappropriate visit, but this was personal." He stood up, slowly walking over to his trooper, who honestly was intimidated by the guard and didn't want to break any laws - it was him alone versus a group of guards, of course. "I came unannounced because I wanted to ensure your guards were capable of defending the Queen. Of course I did my best to elude them or trick them, I admit that was abuse of relations, but you'll understand why this had to be a surprise." He turned to the trooper but paused a moment, turning his head to the side, "and yes.... they did well." If the guards had sprung up and told him to stop what he was doing, he did everything very slowly so they could see every inch that he moved. Only Lady Kay was not in a position to see. Eddak opened the precious, personally crafted box and it shined, loosening the latch and prying it open. With his right hand, he gripped it and slowly pulled it out, along with his left hand coming about to gracefully hold his palm out for the blade to rest on. He turned around so the guards and Lady Kay could see it, as he displayed it in a balanced position in his hands. "This is my gift, to the Queen."

He quickly tilted the blade, holding it upside down but holding the handle only by the sides to expose the gems socketed in the the grip, and they flashed to the Queen. "The Commenor Royal Saber, made of ... Vardium Steel; cold to the touch. Mullinine; it keeps the blade sharp with every pull. Phrik; to protect the royal family of Commenor, from even lightsaber wielding enemies." He tilted it again, angling it as he showed emphasis on the gems. "Wind Crystals; so every time it is swung, the soothing hum emits from the blade, keeping you focused and agile. But the best part..." he swung the blade a few times, letting the wind crystals make their sound before pulling the blade close to his face, specifically the hilt. "The largest gem. The rarest... Blue Heart of Fire. For whoever the Queen gives the blade to, they shall always feel their kindness... and their love. You both will become spiritually bonded." At that moment, the Trooper kneeled, and Eddak kneeled, holding the blade in a respectable position, balanced on his hands as he offered the sword to Lady Kay. "Forged from my Royal Forge, crafted, moulded, and sharpened by my very hands. It has taken me quite a long time as I spared what little time I could from the Galactic Empire only putting work to this sword." It was true, Lady Kay could now see Eddaks hands, which he passively hid from their last encounter, keeping the palms from her eyes. His palms and fingers had cuts, they were rough, and it was obvious some placed were even burned but treated optimally. "Please accept this gracious gift from Galderra," Eddak continued, "as a token of my gratitude for everything you have done for myself, and my people." The Trooper suddenly spoke up, loud and stern, "Thank you, Queen Kay."

Kay-Larr

Kay clasped her hands in front of her, raising a brow slightly as she listened to [member="Eddak Manod"] explain himself. Testing her guards indeed. She smirked as he seemed to enjoy the theatrics of his entrance. She could tell that he thrived in battle, much like her first husband did. Perhaps that was how he dealt with the turmoil of war. It was hard for her to say.

As Eddak turned his back to her, her guards started to intervene while he began to open the box. Yet she raised her hand and shook her head, indicating that they didn't need to stop him. Once he turned around, Kay looked to the gleaming sword held in his hands. It was beautiful, and was even in the Commenori colours. She listened to the explanation for each part of the sword, moving from the blade to the jewels. A lot of heart was put into the making of that weapon. It was a true masterpiece.

And he was giving it to her? Kay looked from Eddak to the Trooper that came with him, both praising her for doing no different than anyone with common sense would do. Or so she thought. "Thank you, Eddak. You really shouldn't have..." Slowly she reached out for it, wrapping her fingers around the hilt as it was offered. She lifted it, tilting it upwards so that the point was to the ceiling. "It's beautiful...Very well crafted. I'll look after it, display it in a place of honour." She lowered the blade, it's tip almost touching the floor, but she didn't want to damage it. With her other hand she gestured for the two to get on their feet."There's no need to kneel to me. I'm a friend to you and your people, not your Mistress."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Eddak stood as the Queen requested, the trooper also standing as his King did. "No, no, Queen Kay," Eddak shook his head, "My kneeling is not to show that you are my mistress," he smiled, almost laughing at the thought - not negatively. "It's meant to show respect. Just as my people do for me. They are not forced to kneel, they choose to, if they respect me so. As for the blade, I intended its use for giving honorary titles, the act of knighting, if you understand, to those worthy of it. A grand celebration is held with an audience for those, to appraise them for their deeds. However, I did not skimp on its battle worthiness." Eddaks smile turned into a smirk as he balled his fists and pressed them on his hips, feeling special. "You'll come to find that blade is also a protector; it can go one on one with a lightsaber."

He looked around at the Queens guard, full of himself with his blacksmithing achievement. He wasn't boasting from a one off, that sword took him a long time, and a lot of pain. "However, there is more to this visit," Eddak looked back up at Lady Kay, "May we speak in a most... private, of areas, Queen Kay?" Eddaks smirk left and he had a serious face, it seemed the time for charades were over and he wanted to express that stealthily to Lady Kay. "My trooper will accompany us, and to your wishes, leave his weapon at the door." The Trooper clutched the special case which once held the magnificent sword.... it was one thing he would not release, and Eddak was in agreement with that notion.

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded slowly in understanding, both to his point of why he knelt, and also for the intended use of the blade. Such a ceremony wasn't very common for her. Even ceremonies at all weren't common. There weren't a lot of special occassions. The last was her marriage and crowning of [member="Veiere Arenais"] and [member="Bradshaw Ku"] . Even the birth of their twins [member="Caedyn Arenais"] and [member="Loreena Arenais"] had no ceremony other than an announcement. They were kept hidden away both for their safety and so that they could grow up somewhat normal. She wasn't sure of how much use it would have at the moment, so being displayed in her office for a time would have to suffice.

She raised a brow as [member="Eddak Manod"] expressed that there was more to the visit than bringing the sword and testing her security. She blinked as he requested some privacy. "Of course...Right this way." Kay gestured for him to follow as she led him to her office. They had to pass through Olivia's office first, which caused the old woman to tilt her head to the side curiously. Kay just gave her a slight shrug of her shoulders before stepping into her own office, walking over to her desk and gently placing the sword on top. Luckily her desk wasn't cluttered at the moment. She then turned and looked to Eddak. "Is there something wrong?" More than likely what she was about to hear would be about the Empire. Or at least that was her guess.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Eddak kept close by the Queen and made sure no one followed. He was probably over exaggerating his position, but if he was working against the Galactic Empire, he didn't want Commenor to become a victim of his goals.As they settled into her office, he stood to the side so the Trooper could stand beside him. "Before we get started, Queen Kay. I want you to understand; the blade is not compensation nor payment. It is truly a gift. From my hands, to your kingdom. Second of all, I do view you as a sort of Empire... not the Galactic Empire, First Order or something similar. But as an Empress of other Kingdoms. I see you as my empress even though there are no formal arrangements. To my people you are an equal to me, with more power. To me, I see you as my better, that is just my opinion, so I enjoy benefiting the both of us when the situation arises." As Eddak spoke, the Trooper reached up to his helmet, grabbing it and removing it. Underneath, it was old Alfred, one of the advisors Lady Kay met when she first visited Galderra. "Eddak, I still hate getting into this thing... oh, yes, greetings Queen Kay," Alfred nodded to her in the most respectable manner to a fine lady. "Hopefully," Eddak interjected, "we won't have to make you wear it for much longer. Now, seeing as we are alone... let's begin."

He nodded to his friend Alfred, who held the sword case in both hands, laying it on the desk. He opened it and removed the felt lining, revealing and removing several pieces of paper that showed to be schematics or blueprints. He moved the case out of the way and unfolded the papers so that Lady Kay could see them. "I'm not thinking of some galactic weapon.... but to the Galactic Empire, this may feel just as one. I have plans for a great system orbital station. Only defensive weapons.... but with it, we will have something akin to Kuat Drive Yards Orbital Array, but maybe only half, or quarter the scale, ability, and function." Eddak continued to speak about its possibilities, allowing Lady Kay to look over it if she wished. It showed something similar to the old, first, Death Star, except exceptionally smaller. Cut in two pieces, they would be 2km in size each, and they would have extenders for support and walkways. The separation in the center would be for ships to dock inside, even capital-sized ships, but nothing like Imperial Star Destroyers, while the outside portion would be where ships under construction or repair would undock. Trade, economy, mining operations and everything else not personally handled by Galderra would use the center. It showed one half titled 'Galderra Station' and the other titled 'Commenor Station.' "It will be expensive. It will take at least half a year, if we had full access to construction support. One station would be exclusively for Galderran operations, and the other, have full control by Commenor, but we would share operations. It would also act as an embassy. It would boost trade, ships available to dock at Galderra and be repaired, we could invest in inner-system mining. It would solve resource and economy issues for Galderra. And outside of Overlord status, we would flourish. This... Queen Kay, would be a.... game changer, if your faction were to come out this far. Of course, I am hoping we come under your territory at some time. We would require majority of resources and construction support from you. However, if another... punishment... were to occur from the Galactic Empire, we would be able to fight back. We'd have our imports and exports increased an incredible amount. We'd be able to use less bows, and more galactic standard weaponry. We would be able to stand up against a small fleet, and from others who wish to raid Galderra. ...But please, take your time... this is a lot."

Kay-Larr

Kay furrowed her brows. [member="Eddak Manod"] saw her government as an Empire? She didn't see it that way. But then some would tease her about it and call her an Empress as a friendly joke, knowing how much she didn't want to be compared to Palpatine. The other Empires were aggressive and oppressive, while she was not. Her government was quite the opposite.

Alfred then made himself known. Kay bowed her head to him. "Good to see you again."

But then it was straight to business. She raised a brow as to the secrecy of the blueprints. It wasn't until she saw what they were that she understood why. The very design could bring about the thoughts of it being a superweapon. Yet Eddak assured her otherwise. Kay took in each point, each idea and for a moment it made her think of Kwenn Station. Commenor was part owner for a time and then they gave it up after it was overtaken by the criminal element. It was in Hutt Space anyways, so they weren't bothered with letting it go.

"We will help you build it, fund it and everything else. However....I need you to swear to look after it and not let it fall to criminals. And of course, keep all activities on it legal. No spice smuggling or slavery should be allowed through there, in the same manner that we regulate our own space. Are we in agreement?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Eddak tilted his head as he squinted and looked at Lady Kay, for what she suggested. He smirked, and that smirk grew into a laugh. He caught his chest, "Oh, my Queen Kay, I spent a horrible half of my life hunting a famed pirate down that used early Galderra as a farm for his slave trade, a pirate who murdered my first love and took children as objects. You can rest assured I will hunt down any scum that threatens Galderra to the bitter end." It's true, the stories in Galderra go long about Eddak, in fact it was that very event that lead to the monarchy government the people chose, and the fact Eddak killed him the people made him King. "I spent half my life killing the scum that made my people his toys. I swear to uphold not only Galderra Law, but also Commenor Law. There has never been illegal business on Galderra and it won't start today." Eddak nodded, reaching his hand out for a formal agreement.

Alfred slowly started to put the sword case back together, "The plans can stay here, and this case is for you.... made of fine wood, your gracious Lady Kay."

Kay-Larr

Kay was glad to hear it. She guessed as much, that [member="Eddak Manod"] and his people wouldn't allow for such criminal activity to start. Yet she had to be certain. She held out her hand and shook his, sealing the deal the old fashioned way. Contracts would be drawn up later to start getting construction under way.

She looked to Alfred and bowed her head. "Thank you. I'll see that the plans are copied and sent to my best engineers. And of course the case will be kept safe. It is wonderfully crafted. Be sure to tell it's maker that for me." Kay was unclear if either of the two were the ones that had made it.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Eddak nodded multiple times, being very happy as he thought of all the benefits that could come from this, and just hoped the Galactic Empire would be too busy to take notice. "It was great seeing you again, Queen Kay. We must celebrate once the station is complete! I hope this works out in both of our favors, and helps us in the future, more than we could ever anticipate."

Alfred offered his hand as well, but if Lady Kay offered to shake hands, Alfred would instead kiss her hand for respect and admiration. "It truly was an honor to see you again, Queen Kay. Perhaps we could meet again under.... better circumstances. It seem we only get to catch eyes when business has the floor to speak, haha."

"Well, Alfred and I ought to give you your time back, whatever we interrupted. Queen leading such a massive organization must be busy. Unless you'd like for us to stay for dinner?" Eddak chuckled, nudging Alfred who smiled. Eddak turned his head slightly and squinted his eyes, keeping a smirk as he pointed a finger at Lady Kay, "Until next time?"

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded to [member="Eddak Manod"] with a small smile. "A celebration would be lovely. A grand opening. I'm sure that it'll be a great success."

Her attention turned to Alfred. She went to shake his hand too, only to raise a brow slightly as the man kissed her knuckles instead. Some men were like that, she knew, so although it was an uncommon gesture, it wasn't a strange one. "Perhaps one day, Alfred. I just don't get a lot of time off." She laughed a little. There was always work to be done.

Another smirk was given to Eddak as he nearly invited himself and Alfred to dinner. It seemed as though to be merely a joke between the two men, however. "Next time, it is. When things start moving on this station and materials are ready to be transported, I'll be sure to contact you. Have a good trip home, my friends. Don't hesitate to reach me if you need anything."

[member="Lady Kay"]

Before leaving, Eddak stretched out his arm, shooting it out straight and giving a thumbs up, in his mind a replacement for cheering over drinks, "Agreed. A Grand Opening it will be." He gave a big smile and nod, before reaching over to Alfred and patting him on the shoulder. "This is a great day for the future," he said, giving them both looks. "Stay safe, Queen Kay. Should you ever need my aid, never hesitate to call for me." He made a strong promise to her, and with that, he turned to leave. He pulled old sweet man Alfred to his side as he was putting his helmet back on and he patted Alfred back. "Oh, pch, sir... be careful. I'm not as young as I used to be." "Oh come off it Alfred, you can take a pat or two," Eddak said loudly with a laugh as he left Lady Kays office, giving the guards a nod. "Enjoy the sword, Queen Kay!"

Kay-Larr

Kay bowed her head to both [member="Eddak Manod"] and Alfred. "Safe journey, you two." She followed them both to her office door and then closed it behind them after they departed. Her mind was trying to avoid any thoughts of doubt. There were a few things that could go wrong with the station, given their past. But also many more things that could go right.

With so many lives under her care and protection, she had to regard everything about such a venture. All in all, it was a good idea.

~End~​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom