Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

With the blinding light barely there

The ship touched down on the platform giving of steam with a hissing sound. A few seconds later the space ships ramp lowered itself down to reveal two men following it down to the ground.
Mantic held his robe tight around him to shield himself from the chilly night wind of Kashyyk.
3771916-9930155777-12990.jpg

He was accompanied by a young man whos most notable feature, his long black hair and red penetrating eyes usually caught the eye of whoever was the beholder. Mantic had chosen the meeting to take place on Kashyk, a world that had almost been lost to the republic but after some hardships had been brought back. He had a weak spot for the Republic and most around him knew that so it was most likely not a surprise for [member="Corvus Raaf"] that he had chosen for them to meet here to avoid giving away the secret location of their orders new main temple.

It was not a jedi stronghold they had come to and for good reasons.
Because even though Mantic hoped that he was bringing a future jedi with him, at the time being he was more consumed by the dark side then to openly trust him with all the secrets of the jedi.

The two men came to a halt in their walk in front of a woman.

Mantic bowed deeply.

"Grand Master, I bring with me the man I mentioned. I met him on Metalorn during an Ion storm which forced us to seek shelter at the same cantina for a while. Once there we started to talk about his position regarding the force and he has now requested to be taught the ways of the jedi. Thank you for seeing us in such a short time." he said and raised himself to a standing position. Then he took a step to the side allowing the two to stand in front of each other. Mantic knew very well that the grand master would have little problem sensing the corruption in [member="Derriphan Itsu"] and from there hopefully be able to decide if the man was true to his claim to turn away from the darkness.

Corvus missed Ossus in many ways. It was open and a public symbol of the Jedi and all they stood for. Once the planet was lost, she felt a part of her was missing. She helped her friends, the Silver Jedi, take it for their own and knew, barring something strange, she would not return. For a whole variety of reasons.

But for now, the important fact was that they lacked an obvious place to bring those they could not initially trust with the location of their new temple.

So they used safe-houses like the one here.

Corvus had fought on this planet probably more times than any other. Against the One Sith twice and twice she’d had to help it regain its place as part of the Republic due to quite different circumstances each time.

So she sat in a small tree-house. To an outsider one of so many, but to Corvus, her eye was trained enough to see them all as individual. Unique.

She stood and bowed as Mantic and his companion arrived. She smiled too — as was her way.

“Welcome,” she said to them both. Force Sense and Force Sight told her she was in the company of something with a Dark aura. How genuine his talk of redemption was? Only time would tell.

“Please, take a step,” she gestured to a few chairs in the sparsely populated room and sat in one herself. Folding her robes over her knee, she looked at the man Mantic had accompanied.

“Why not tell me your story?”

[member="Mantic Dorn"] - [member="Derriphan Itsu"]

Ri'ven Gevrok

A cigarette and a gun's all you need.
As they left the ship, Derriphan placed one hand at the back of his neck as he got the tension out of it. It was a habit of his to stretch his neck when he left his ship, one which he hadn't even attempted to break himself off of. His glowing red eyes made him stick out like a sore thumb in any crowd but now he felt even more out of place. Where had [member="Mantic Dorn"] brought him to anyway? To some hut that looked just like any other on this forest world which he didn't know a thing about.
Once inside the hut however he saw [member="Corvus Raaf"], not what he expected when he had been told he'd be meeting the grand master of the jedi order but then again they were nothing like he had expected to begin with.
When she bowed, Derriphan decided to mimic the gesture. Moving to sit on one of the chairs she had offered to them he stared a little at Corvus. "Were would you like for me to begin?" He then said as he scratched the back of his head a little, it wasn't often that he was nervous or uncomfortable around someone but then again this wasn't a situation he'd ever been in to begin with.

Corvus' smile remained on her lips. Her voice was soft and gentle. Barely above a whisper but it carried across the room.

"This is your story, so start where you think it matters most. If you want to share the information, we want to hear it. Whatever you think. Whatever..." she put a hand to her chest, "Whatever your heart tells you is right to impart. And no rush, we have as much time as you need."

[member="Derriphan Itsu"]

Ri'ven Gevrok

Derriphan leaned forwards and sighed a little, his long black hair obscuring the edges of his face. "I guess if I start at the very beginning then the start of my dark side taint would be from my parentage. My father was a Dashade, a race famed for their resistance to the force and as such often employed by the sith as assassins. My mother however was a sith pure-blood and a sith lord as well, I was told that in the womb alchemy was performed so I could be born with the best qualities of both. My mothers races innate connection to the force and my fathers resistance to it as well as radiation and the dashade abilities. It makes it hard for me to learn force skills as I'm also resistant to the force but once I get going I learn fast due to my mothers side.
I was raised to become like my father was originally, a bodyguard for my mother but then as my skills and talents developed they saw that they could make a warrior unlike any that had come before, thus my training to a turn towards that. My father taught me martial arts while my mother taught me force abilities and lore in her spare time. This ended a few months ago when a rival sith lord was able to cause an accident which killed both of them and it seems he sees me as a future rival and has sent the occasional acolyte after me ever since to try and kill me.
The rest I guess is what mantic may have told you about me and how we met."
He seemed relived to speak about his past, as if he was lightening a load. A part of him was glad he had met [member="Mantic Dorn"] but another more instinctual part feared [member="Corvus Raaf"] and screamed for him to run from her power.

Mantic stood by silently and observed. While hedid listen intently on the conversation he was one to hold traditions very high and he did not place himself willingly above the wisdom of the grand master. Something she most likely was painfully aware off during their times together.

He was there however, offering what support he could by his mere presence, and he did feel for teir guest despite thst he also knew that this one just as well could turn out to be an enemy should his and the grand masters guidance fail.

This was a battle on a different battlefield, one without heroic actions or songs, but one equally important.

[member="Derriphan Itsu"] [member="Corvus Raaf"]

Corvus listened as she always did - with an open mind.

When he'd finished she nodded and held the silence for a few moments. Finally she spoke.

"So...tell me, why are you here? Your past is no more than that - a place you once were. Not that I am belittling your experiences, but they are a rear-view mirror. As a Jedi I am more focussed on where you're heading."

[member="Mantic Dorn"] - [member="Derriphan Itsu"]

Ri'ven Gevrok

Derriphan looked from [member="Corvus Raaf"] to [member="Mantic Dorn"] and then back again, he drew in a deep breath, he was nervous something he really wasn't used to being. "I wish to know what it's like on the other side, on the light side. I've felt off ever since my parents died. Before it seemed like everything was right, if I had questions I got answers from them but now that they are gone most of the answers they gave me have been shown to be biased and not the whole truth. The jedi are said to be different in this regard and I wish to learn from jedi. I wish to become a jedi if that is possible as well, I've grown tired of hurting people, running and not belonging anywhere."
Part of Derriphan scolded himself, he felt like he was a child in this woman's presence and it annoyed him a little, mostly because he felt small.

Corvus continued to listen.

"We can and will show you a path. A path to the Light-side. Not everyone walks the same route but we invariably end up at the same destination. Is that your path? Only you can decide."

"The life of a Jedi is hard. Not like a Sith at all. It is not about swapping the Dark-side for the Light-side. It is about following a strict Code. And various tenets. It is about being selfless and denying yourself for the needs of others."

"We shall gladly show you this path. And you can decide if you wish to walk it."

She turned to Mantic. "What do you say?"

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Mantic had followed [member="Derriphan Itsu"] for a few days and had bern impressed by his determination. Yet, the dark side taint was there and would need to be adressed.
Looking up as [member="Corvus Raaf"] directed her question at him he turned and looked at them both as he answered.

"The path to redemption is truly a hard one. If you commit to this you must, just as the Grand master explained, give up much as well." he said stroking his beard.

"The jedi are servants, not rulers, if you can accept this there is hope."

Turning back to [member="Corvus Raaf"] he inclined his head.

"He need guidance but I believe there is truth in his attempt to strive for the light."

Ri'ven Gevrok

Derriphan stood and took out his lightsaber and dropped it in front of himself, allowing it to roll to [member="Corvus Raaf"]'s feet. "If you believe you can help me... guide me to the path of light then I place myself at your mercy and wisdom." Lowering his head he waited to hear what would come of this, his nerves were on edge and he had become so impatient for an answer that he could hardly hold himself back any longer. Being in the presence of both these jedi masters made him this nervous, especially with what was to come, they were literally deciding his own fate.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Corvus didn't even look at the saber, let alone pick it up. "I place your future at your own mercy and wisdom."

"We can and will help you, but it will at times be a lonely road. And belief will be key. With the Light-side, you must believe you will succeed to have success. Trying is never enough. And you must learn to trust in the Force. It will never let you down. And it is not a tool, for you to use, rather you are the means by which the Force can carry out acts of good."

"So please, pick up your saber. You may need to change the crystal, depending on the colour of your blade and your new alignment. But to take it from you would to be accept defeat before we've even begun to walk to success."

She smiled at the young man in front of her. "Welcome to the Jedi Order."

[member="Derriphan Itsu"] - [member="Mantic Dorn"]

Ri'ven Gevrok

Derriphan smiled widely as he heard that and used the force to move his saber back into his hand "Thank you." He then said as he then made his saber float above his hand as it moved into pieces. The red synthetic crystal floated out of it and then the lightsaber closed once more but until a new crystal would be inserted there wouldn't be any use in it. Putting his saber away he then looked at the small red synthetic crystal in his hand, a crystal that once he'd leave with either [member="Corvus Raaf"], [member="Mantic Dorn"] or both back to the jedi order he would let fall to the near bottomless abyss which Kashyyk's trees seemed to erupt out of.
To others it might simply look as if he was getting rid of the last remnants of his sith past but they'd both be right and wrong at the same time he was also getting rid of the only thing that might hamper his determination to succeed as a jedi in a galaxy so enraptured with chaos and the dark side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom