Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Witch Hunter

00a757b6d439cdbe0fb99cbfb03729bd.jpg

Witch Hunter
Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

Oni didn't usually pay much attention to the people he attended classes with regularly. Every now and then, he'd chat with an acquaintance, but his studies generally took priority, as there was still much for him to adjust to in the future. This was a different situation. In a class, he noticed a reclusive girl with black hair in the back of the room. He thought nothing of it, but began seeing the girl around more and more. Strangely enough, he felt that something was off about her, but what he could not say. Before long, he began to hear more about the girl from other students. Thelma Goth was her name, and she was very isolationist, spending the majority of her days hidden away in her room. The running rumor was that she was hiding away to practice something specific: Witchcraft. She seemed to check all the boxes, from weird vibes to pale skin. And what was she doing in her room all the time? At least, that's the way it had been explained to Oni. The Pantoran found in odd, given that there were former Nightsister coven who had found there way to the order. Perhaps she was a different kind of witch? There seemed to only be one way to proceed; Verification.

The swordsman began to study, but not on the future this time. Oni attempted to gather as much information on witchcraft as he could, looking for any parallels he could make when he inevitably went to confront the girl. There were certainly a lot of strange ways provided to combat them... Strings of pebbles, fire, religious symbolism? That wouldn't do. He didn't want to kill anyone. He just wanted to find out if the rumors were true. Unfortunately, there wasn't much to draw from on the latter either. The signs of identification seemed arbitrary, from green magic, to bizarre tongues, to the capability of lying... one even suggested comparing the suspected witches weight to an aquatic bird. It was all, unfortunately, swimming in superstition. Such a thing didn't seem very reliable. He would just need to engage in conversation with her, but how would he do such a thing if she was so reclusive?

As Oni sat in one of the many public spaces, a Jedi Knight got his attention.

"Padawan," she began, "Can you do something for me?"

"Of course," Oni replied with a bow.

"A package got delivered to me that I didn't order," the knight explained. "It's intended for one of your classmates, Thelma Goth. I don't have time to take it there. I'm expected to be on a shuttle to Balmorra in five."

"I'll take care of it," he assured.

Oni took the package and set off. As fate would have it, he wouldn't need an excuse. Oni read the label on the package. It seemed to be sewing supplies. Perhaps she made clothes? Or maybe it was intended for a strange ritual of some kind. It was hard to tell where reality ended and fiction began. Now he could finally see where the line truly was. He knocked at the door of his fellow padawan, patiently waiting for her to respond.

He was, non-lethally of course, hunting himself a witch.

Playing loud music and running her sewing machine, Thelma didn’t immediately respond to the knock on the door. Oh, she knew someone was there—she could sense them. But the only person it could be was the delivery man, and she didn’t want to talk to him.

So she waited, expecting him to leave the package at the door and go away. But the presence didn’t depart.

She stopped sewing, heaved a sigh, and turned down her music. Then she went over to the door and opened it barely a crack.

Package?” she asked.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Package?” she asked.

The door had opened, if only just a crack. His plan was beginning to fall into motion, if dumb luck could be considered a plan, anyways.

"Yeah," Oni nodded. "I wasn't expecting to be delivering packages today, but apparently yours wound up at the wrong address. The knight who lived there tasked me with brining it to you."

Now that he had introduced himself as not the mail man, he needed to actually strike up a conversation. Oni was getting much better at this, learning more modern mannerisms. It helped that so many of his peers were always interested in the weird kid with the sword from 30,000 years ago, so he had plenty of practice.

"You seem familiar," he remarked, scratching his tattooed chin. "Do we share a class?"

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

As Oni handed her the package, Thelma responded with 'probably.' The answer was vague. She was trying to end the conversation as quick as she could to get left alone. Antisocial behavior wasn't always very healthy, no matter the circumstances one was in. Perhaps in following his own curiosities, he could help the padawan break out of her shell.

"Two, I believe..." Oni recalled, scratching the side of his head. "Thelma, right? I'm Oni. Been here for long? I haven't seen you around till recently, but I'm kinda new myself. It hasn't been very long since I... er... came out of hyperspace."

He wasn't sure if Thelma knew what his situation was. Frankly, he was only just barely starting to understand it himself. Still, he was a bit reserved about talking about it. The topic seemed to completely change the tone of a conversation. In this instance, however, Oni was willing to mention it if it could start a dialogue.

Last edited:

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Not long, no.” She tucked the package under her arm, slowly pushing the door closed, mumbling her responses. “Thanks for delivering these…

Oni frowned. She was really trying to end the conversation. Unfortunately, the swordsman was raised to have manners. If it was the wish of an individual to be left alone, he had to respect it, much to his dismay.

"No problem," he nodded. "I'll leave you to it then. If I may, I recommend checking out the gardens if you're looking for isolation. The change of scenery helped me adjust when I first arrived, and a bit of sunlight is important. I got lost down in the undercity and it made me terribly pale."

The swordsman went to leave, albeit slowly, but he knew that the conversation would probably end there. He didn't plan on his words alluding to vampirism. The fact that Thelma was an energy vampire wasn't even something he was aware of.

"Right, I'll see you around then."

She frowned. Was he implying she looked pale? She wasn’t that pale. It was just the lighting.

I’d rather stay in my room and work, thanks,” she said. “The gardens aren’t isolated enough. People still walk around them. Nobody comes here.

Well, except for Oni. And that Silas kid from earlier. And the delivery man.

Okay, bye.”

She slammed the door in his face.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

She slammed the door in his face? That was certainly telling of her social anxiety. Oni turned, making his way down the hall. He was a bit upset by it all. The Pantoran had hoped to uncover her witch heritage, yet there was nothing to show of it.

"You win this round," Oni muttered to himself. "I'll learn what you're hiding... In a polite manner."

This wasn't just curiosity anymore. It was a challenge. Even if Thelma wasn't aware, she had a rival now. Eventually, one of these days, Oni was going to get to the truth. It was simply a matter of time.

To Be Continued...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom