Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wistie While You Work (Elli)

Skyler Cohen

The Jedi With The Cool Hair
Yup, just another day in the life of a Jedi padawan. A lot of things had changed for Skyler, well except for his charm and ability to instantly find trouble. And his ability to narrate. Friends had moved on, he was no longer the grandmaster's chosen one, and they no longer served chocolate pudding in the cafeteria because of some health kick the council was on. But that's not what was important.

Skyler had been assigned to a small team that consisted of a knight and a couple padawans for a routine peace keeping mission to the lovely homeworld of Ansion. There had been reports of poachers roaming the lands and massacring the world's wildlife population for sport and game. The world was lush with prey and the high winds and tall grass made it suitable for a fun challenge to even the most experienced hunters.

However, what the natives of Ansion saw was completely opposite. They viewed the poachers asan invading force that needed to be dealt with. They were no strangers to slavery, and how long would it be before the hunters turned from the wildlife to start hunting a more valuable commodity...slaves.

Indeed, there was a war coming, a war that no doubt the natives of Ansion would lose. The poachers were too well skilled and armed. It would be a slaughter if it came to war.

As the ramp to the shuttle opened, Skyler immediately felt the rush of wind flow through the opening and into his clothes and hair. It was a nice change of pace from the stuffiness of the shuttles' cramped quarters. The Jedi Knight had mentioned that they were setting down close to a nearby village, and the hike should only last an hour.

For the most part, the trek to the village was uneventful, until they found themselves surrounded by armed poachers. "IT'S A TRAP!" exclaimed one Mon Calamari Jedi. Skyler glanced sideways at him and couldn't help but mutter, "Really?" The Knight tried to diffuse the situation and explain that they were only here for peace and not to fight, but the greedy hunters only saw a chance for gain and opened fire.

Not wanting to harm any of them, the Jedi retreated behind the shelter of some large rock formation, and the knight instructed Skyler to get to the village and warn the villagers there that the poachers were close and they may be in danger. Skyler took off immediately, but found himself on an unexpected trip about halfway there, literally. Hidden by the tall grass, Skyler had fallen into an opening that led into an underground tunnel. His head wasn't so lucky, however. His eyesight went dim as he blacked out. Yes, I guess you could say that he had fallen and couldn't get up. If only he had one of those emergency button necklaces....

[member="Ellifain Verrona"]

[member="Skyler Cohen"]

Elli was older but probably at the same maturity level as when she last saw Skyler. While her fellow jedi was concerned with completing the mission and rushing through the field, while the Nagai-Firrerreo was more concerned with skipping and letting her fingers run through the tall grass. The grass behind her seemed to glow healthier from her footsteps.

That mop of fantastic hair disappeared suddenly.

Golden-lime eyes looked around. "Skyler. This is NOT the time for games." That was just ridiculous. It was always the time for games. Especially on a day like today, with the sun shining, and this fantastic field, and....

Focus Elli.

She took another step as she looked up at the beautiful puffy-clouds and suddenly found herself falling.

THUMP.

Her fall was broken by a soft body and a familiar mop of reddish hair. Button-nosed face hovered less than an inch away from his. "Skyler," she whispered across his face. Fingers rose and flicked at the tip of his nose. "Are you alive?"

Skyler Cohen

If the bump to the head caused Skyler's blackout, the sudden compression to his chest seemed to jerk him back to the present. His doe brown eyes snapped open only to be startled by very familiar face.

For a brief moment, he was trying to sort out dream from reality. In those few moments of unconsciousness, he either dreamed or had a Force vision of a people in need of help. They were a peculiar people, but now that he was awake, it was hard to remember the details.

"Elli?" He asked in surprise. The corner of his mouth curled slightly the way it did when he was about to say something clever, "You just can't help falling for me, eh?"

[member="Skyler Cohen"]

"You should really watch where you're going, Sky." She grinned down at him and took her sweet time to get off. Once on her feet, she offered him a hand-up. Green streaked-midnight haired head looked up at the trickle of light far above them.

"I don't think we can get out that way and if we're going to help those people from those bad dudes, we should probably hurry. You remember? DO YOU REMEMBER WHAT DAY IT IS?"

She spoke slowly and loudly, seeing elders do this to others that were having mental problems all the time.

They said it with a straight face but she snickered as she looked into his chocolate eyes.

Skyler Cohen

"Said the girl who fell into the same hole." Skyler teased. He didn't realize until after she got off of him how cold it was down in that tunnel, or how nice it was to have some actual interaction with a female species...especially Elli. He could never explain it, but she seemed to have a special gift in drawing people in, and not only himself, but others as well. Did he fell jealous? He shouldn't, after all, he was a Jedi. But still....

As he drew himself up, with the help of her small, yet sturdy hand, he suddenly realized the sharp pain coming from his left ankle. However, he suddenly forgot about his ankle when she started to hound him about what day it was. "Of course I know what day it is...it's Yelona." He said referring to the month instead of the day, knowing it wouldn't throw her off, but only ignite her playfulness instead. Yup, these two could be dangerous together.

He couldn't exactly tell how long her golden speckled lime eyes were looking at his, or were they lime speckled golden eyes? ...either way, he uncomfortably cleared his throat and changed the subject faster than any other inexperienced teenage boy would. "Well, obviously there should be another route if we go this way...." he suggested as he limped a step into the darkness. His lightsaber flicked it life lighting the cold damp walls with a yellow hue. He turned and took her by her hand, "Come on, let's go spelunking!"

[member="Skyler Cohen"]

For a second he stared at her so long she thought she had some leftover chocolate or gummy candy stuck in her teeth. A flick of her tongue confirmed she was in the clear. She giggled at his response but frowned at his limp.

At least she didn't have to give him CPR! She probably just knew how to blow raspberries on his face anyway. He skipped along next to him, her fingers swinging his hand gently.

Oh wait his limp.

She stopped tugging and tried to walk more like an adult. "Sky, you're walking like this old spacer I met one time. He said to call him grandpappy. He said if he drank this stuff called liquid fire it made him feel better. Maybe we can find some liquid fire for you too?"

It also made his breath stinky.

She left that part out. Up ahead, the tunnel opened into a large cavern. By the illumination of Skyler's lightsaber she could see a trickling underwater river, below that disappeared into a cave opening on the other side.

Tied up on a makeshift dock were some boats and supplies. It looked like they weren't alone. "A boat ride!" She hopped up and down in excitement forgetting to lower her voice. A hand clamped over her mouth as she gave Skyler a sheepish look.

"Mmffowwy."

Skyler Cohen

He laughed a little when she mentioned the liquid fire. "Yeah, last time I had liquid fire, I ended up standing alone on a speeder bus, naked, holding a jar full of jelly beans." He took a few more steps before adding, "It's a long story."

His eyes widened at her sudden outburst of excitement. He looked around, but luckily it seemed like they were alone...for now. He knew all too well that sound travels. He gave her a reassuring smile and walked over to the boats to investigate.

"Looks like whoever is down here, they planned on being here for a while." He found a sack of food a tossed Elli a granola bar. "It's got chocolate chips!" He said excitedly. Teenage boys, always hungry for some reason.

"I don't see any other way. Here, climb in...." he helped her into the boat and grabbed for himself a pole used to push the boat along and to keep it away from rocks. Once seated, he entrusted her with his lightsaber to use for light, as he steered them gently down the stream. "So...how'd you end up on Ansion anyways? Not...not that I'm complaining...or anything...." he admitted sheepishly.

[member="Skyler Cohen"]

She munched happily on the granola bar, carefully holding the firestick. "I met someone who was with the group called Levantine Sanctum. They sent me here to help you guys." Craning her neck, she looked back at Skyler in the semi-darkness. Sheepishly she shrugged her shoulders. "I got a little...distracted and missed the initial meet-up. But I couldn't miss that hair of your so I followed you."

An impish smile flashed across her sparkly lips.

Looking around, she switched off the lightsaber suddenly. Instead of darkness, blue phosphorescent lights lit up their way, glowing off the stalactites and stalagmites. The river they were traveling on began to pick-up and the boat would be hard to control with the pole, eventually. Lithe-fingers gripped the rocking sides of the boat for support.

It wasn't too rough yet but she could easily lose her balance.

"I haven't seen you in awhile. Pranked anymore jedi masters?"

Skyler Cohen

"Levantine sanctum...." He repeated to himself thoughtfully. "Can't say I've ever heard of them...must be above my pay grade." He quipped. He smiled when she mentioned getting distracted. Elli was very easily distracted. She was the only one he knew who could be distracted by virtually anything, but it was part of what made Elli.. well, Elli. He figured he would let her distraction comment go, but the hair comment..."Yeah, I think my hair is finally getting it's own Spacebook page."

After the lightsaber shut down, he finally noticed the glow coming from the cavern. He let out a low whistle, before pushing away from another rock. Soon enough, the current did begin to pick up. The pole would soon be useless. But for now, they weren't in any grave danger. "Nope, that was my last one. Hasn't been the same without you, Elli. In fact, its almost been boring...what have you been up to since anyways?" No sooner had he asked the current picked up once again, and in the darkness up ahead lied a large jagged rock, and the current was pushing them unknowingly straight toward it.

[member="Skyler Cohen"]

A ripple of nervousness wove through her shoulder blades but she giggled and snorted at Sky's comment. "I don't even think we're friends on spacebook but I'll make sure to add your hair." She shifted in the boat's bench and twisted to look at him. The cave's lighting caught his face just right.

"This pink guy...that's Zeltron, right? [member="Jaxton Ravos"]. He's the one that found me again. I knew him when he was with you guys - the Republic." Button-nose crinkled. She didn't do politics very well. "I was doing a lot of training but he made it fun! We would play hide and seek and I'd have to work on being faster with the force and disguising myself. I think he let me win a lot of times but I always gave him candy."

Small shoulders shrugged and she laughed.

"I haven't pranked any of those masters. Still don't know them that well."

The ripple of nervousness turned into a wave of warning.

"Skyler!" She yelled but it was too late. The boat fell apart in front of her and cold-rushing water swallowed above her head as she fell to the side.

Skyler Cohen

He listened intently as she gave her recount of her training was hard to concentrate with the ambiance of the cavern and Elli sitting alone with him, but he tried his best to just soak it all in. Which winds up being a great choice of words, because no later than he felt the same nudge in the Force, a spidey-sense if you will, the boat crashed directly into the rock. The next moment seemed to go by in slow motion for Skyler. As Elli fell into the water, he also spyed his lightsaber fly into the opposite direction away from Elli. His choice should have been harder, but it wasn't. He jumped from the boat before he too could smell what the rock was cooking and into the water after Elli.

The strong pull of the current mixed with the rapids made this joy ride into a death trap. He had just reached Elli as his outstretched hand attempted to grab hers, the tips of their fingers touching. Just then, the current, or something jerked him from Elli. Before he knew it, cold water entered his lungs as he watched through the water as he floated further down into the water. It was peaceful in that moment. Under the water, nothing else seemed to exist. No noise, no rushing water, no danger...well except for drowning. All he could think of was how sorry he was for failing Elli. So this was how things ended for Skyler.

Just then he noticed bubbles floating down toward him. Wait. Didn't bubbles float toward the surface of water? And were these bubbles glowing? Apparently that's all he thought before his brain shut down. Those glowing bubbles were actually Force infused wisties living, or hiding, deep down in the caverns. They had wrapped the Force around themselves to get into the water to help Skyler. Hopefully they had gotten to Elli in time to save her as well.

[SIZE=10pt][member="Skyler Cohen"] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]She felt his fingers, just for a second, just as he disappeared into the deep. Cold-water dug it's jagged icy claws into her until she didn't know which way was up. Lungs burned and she saw floating lights. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The lights floated her up in her semi conscious state and she mournfully realized she should probably eat a little less sugar. Too much sugar = hallucination of mini-sentient lantern-people. But a quick self-pinch made her realize she wasn't dreaming. Soon she found herself away from the water and deposited in a grassy field beneath the earth. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]There were even trees in the distance. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Up ahead, she saw a familiar lump already in the field. Wet-feet rushed over to that wet mop of hair. She knelt next to her friend and turned her head, ear close to his lips to see if she could hear him breathing. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]"Skyler. Don't do this again. Can you hear me?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]The lantern-people fluttered around them making a noise she guessed was urgent chitter-chatter but she was too focused on Skyler to really try to understand.[/SIZE]

Skyler Cohen

Once again, Skyler found himself unconscious, but if only for a brief period. But it was long enough of a time to have that Force vision he had earlier once again. But this time, the vision was much clearer, and he was able to remember more of it. Probably because the people that were suffering were the small winged humanoid creatures that had just saved them. He saw large grotesque giants capturing the winged folk, placing them into crude cages, burning the trees that they called home. Just then, he recognized a few of the giants. They were of the same poachers that infested the grassy lands of Ansion. It would seem that the wildlife of Ansion was only an added bonus, their real game was capturing the wisties. Now what they were using them for was another completely different question.

Skyler awoke trying to breathe, but no air would come. However water did, and lots of it. The icy water in his lungs was then replaced by warmer fresh air. His brown eyes darted around his surroundings, taking in the floating lights, the grass, the trees, and Elli staring down at him with a genuinely concerned look painted across her face. Did he really pass out on her again. "We..." he coughed,realizing how hard it was to talk with some water still in his lungs, "...if you keep saving me, I'm going to have to start putting you on the Jedi payroll."

A little later after they had died some by the fire Skyler had started, Skyler began to tell Elli of his vision. "I think they need our help. I don't think the people of Ansion really know what's going on here, or if they even have magical fairies living beneath the ground right under them. But what's even more disturbing is how these poachers even know about them in the first place." He voiced his thoughts to Elli, wondering what was going through her mind at that moment.

[member="Skyler Cohen"]

Button-nose scrunched up in thought as she stared at the flames, then back at Skyler. Shimmering lips puffed into a pout. "We do have to stop them. It's mean to pick on someone smaller than you."

The usually lighthearted Nagai-Firrerreo shivered, thinking of her own experiences of slavery.

"Did you know, before the jedi, a Hutt owned me?" Widened and very serious golden-lime eyes locked with Skyler's brown ones. "But we can't just stop these giants you saw. We'll have to figure out who is ordering them around. Maybe these flying people can show us where one of their traps are? I could act as bait - get captured and then smoosh them when they bring me into the boss!"

A small fist curled and came down on her open palm, her face remained extremely serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom