Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Wings Fully Unfurled

RISHII
POLAR REGIONS- Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki

Tiland paused and half-closed his eyes, reaching out in the Force. There was something out there- something dark and enraged. Not a Sith, as far as he could tell. But there was pain and hurt not far away, radiating panic and fear.

"Do you feel that?" he asked softly, before opening his eyes and kneeling down on the ground. His eyes darted across the surface of the ground and he frowned deeply. One hand traced a large impression in the soil. "A footprint, I think. Large, heavy creature by the look of it, with very oddly shaped feet."

His fingers came back dark with blood and he looked up to Pyeth. "Do you have any idea what these may have come from?"

But there was another pressing concern as well. Where had the blood come from. It struck him as certainly being Rishii, at least as he understood their physiology. A faint sound reached his ears and he stood, head tilted, moving carefully.

"Are your medicines prepared?" He had his herbal kit, but his medicinal knowledge of the species was not nearly as in-depth as humans and humanoids. There was a soft cry not far away and he beckoned after him.

His footsteps made no noise as he picked his way, following the faint smears of blood. A wounded human lay trapped beneath a shattered tree trunk, bleeding from where the broken bones jutted from the skin. He wore a tattered uniform, stained with sweat, dirt, and blood, but half a patch was just visible. The uniform bore the symbol of the Lux Astra Corporate Authority.

"Monster!" the man hissed, clutching at his leg and eyes wide as he gazed up at them. "Huge creature. Tore right through the tree." He panted for a breath, eyes feverish. "Smashed right past me. Oh by the Force."

Tiland stiffened and looked around. "What is it?"

"The camp- we're an educational trip for a group of young people studying biology. The thing was headed right for the camp. They don't have a chance."

Tiland nodded, studying the situation carefully, before turning to Pyeth. "Can you stop the creature? I can tend to these wounds, but it will take me some time."

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

Kneeling in the frost studied the impressions left by the creature, there was a familiarity to be sure but he would not speak of it for fear of invoking dangerous memories. However, he knew that silence would only raise concern or suspicion, "I can think of several beasts, none of them good."

He glanced at the blood eartufts twitching against the wind. He was relieved to look away inspecting the pouches on his belt, still intact and dry. "We've enough for half a dozen." His head turned to the source of the sound eyes pinning.

Pyeth flinched at the sight of the wounded human, from a distance the injuries they sustained looked serious. As they approached his concerns numbed, the signature uniform of the Lux Astra.

Pyeth hadn't forgiven them for the pillaging of his valley home.

"The list narrows." Pyeth murmured, there was plenty of beasts on Rishi that could fell a tree, chief amongst them the Skar'kla Dragons and Maun'ger.

He didn't trust the strangers words, he had no reason too. He looked at Tiland beginning to remove the pouches from his belt, "Biology?" He scoffed, "Didn't think your kind cared for anything besides profit."

The man flinched fearing they might abandon him here despite Tiland's comforting words. "What reason do I have to lie?"

Pyeth didn't respond, instead glancing at his master trilling, "Of course, but keep an eye on him."

Checking over his equipment once more, he got to his talons and gave pursuit to the monster, it's heavy footfalls made tracking easy enough and with any luck he would soon catch up.

Drawing closer the pressure of the Force steadily increased. Dark energies that felt like static coursing through his feathers, it was a disconcerting and uncomfortable feeling.

He never knew any creatures of Rishii to feel this way, the intense feeling of bloodthirst and pain twisted into a sickening euphoria.

He shielded his mind, shifting his thoughts to those of the people endangered by this beast. Whatever their business he would need to protect them, any crimes they had committed that wrought Rishii's spirit to move against them could be answered for later.

Shouts. He could hear them nearby. Damnit. His pace quickened willing the lightsaber into his hand. He felt the Kyber crystal pulse to life through the bark helping anchor his concentration.

Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki

There was still the bitterness there, the anger, but Tiland made no comment on it. Pyeth was mature enough to recognize it and be aware of the dangers. Tiland did not know what that creature could be, but he could feel its anger and rage. He heard talk of the spirit of Rishii, and there was a similarity. Perhaps even a connection between the creature and Pyeth.

But that was the essence of the life of a Jedi. Some saw Jedi as those who battled the evil without, but the true challenge of the Jedi was to battle the evil within. And not through self-recrimination, shame, guilt, or various means of self-flagellation like some Pius Dea extremists. But through compassion for all living things, including the self, and also for the enemies.

"It's alright," Tiland said, noting the eyes of the wounded man grow in panic. "We're Jedi. You're safe now. We'll get you patched up in no time." He let his mind flow out, feeling for the injuries. They were serious but not life-threatening if treated quickly.

Razor talons dug deep, kicking the earth up behind him. The signs of the ongoing attack surrounded him, splintered bark and bloodied cloth stripped away by rending claws. Paying it no heed, he continued his pursuit, hopping over felled logs and the debris of a makeshift camp. A few bestial bloody clumps, their survey had come to study local fauna attracting the predator? He didn't have time to research or dwell on it and immediately moved on.

A wall of thorns barred his path, strange. In response, Pyeth leapt higher, using the force at the height of his jump to push him that bit further. His wing, still injured, would do him no good in such cramped spaces. Instead, he used his powerful talons and the knotted trees to propel himself forward over and above, momentarily flinching as a frosted branch sliced his cheek. It was ahead of him now.

Just in time. Without a second thought, Pyeth shoved one of the lowlanders pressing their body against the bark, the tree behind them splintering into shrapnel that sliced into the rest. "Run you fools!" Pyeth squawked drawing their attention.

He counted five, most younger than the man they had found injured. They didn't need much persuading, and retreated deeper into the grove but not far enough. "Where?" Came the frantic reply.

Pyeth cursed, already beginning to see movement again from the beast. It roared at him in anger, casually smashing the tree with a long clawed hand forcing him to another perch. "Anywhere!" Pyeth snapped only to hear the echoed replies, "Not this way.", "More of those damned thorns.", "We're trapped!"

Trapped? How in Rishi's spirit had they gotten trapped?

Bored with striking at the unreachable, the creature turned again towards one of the lowlanders. Pyeth cursed; he would have to deal with that later, for now, the immediate threat was their attacker. He leapt down, slicing the thorned back with a talon. Its hide was too thick to cause any lasting damage, but now he had its attention again.

On the ground, it was all the more obvious what he faced. The creature stood at twice his full height, bipedal with slow and heavy movements. Its two grasping appendages ended in hooked claws, suitable for climbing and unwieldy. There was a remarkable familiarity too, the hooked owl-like beak and a mantle of coarse dark feathers. Blood oozed from its arm where it had been struck by what could only be described as a puncture wound, perhaps from a spear or slug thrower.

Instincts flared. Telling him to fly away, run and hide. If he was in danger before, he faced the mortal coil now. Shaking off the feeling, he refocused on the Maun'gur squaring off with the creature and feigning confidence. "Stop." He said, focusing his attention on the predator and trying to make the bond. He could feel the Force flowing through it, its thoughts weren't fully formed but an intellect was there.

Primal and unsophisticated, malleable. If he could bridge the gap; make sense of the motivations maybe he could persuade it to abandon this hunt. He'd achieve the impossible, commune with something other Rishii deemed a violent and unreasonable spirit. That was Maun'gur. Something unreasonable and irrational. He needs to be careful and subtle.

BANG!

A wave of pain surged over him, severing the connection instantly. He was left momentarily stunned, and Maun'gur roared in pain. No! He almost had it. He felt the earth tremble, heavy footfalls beginning to gain momentum, he dodged left, narrowly evading the Maun'gur, and a muscled arm swung over his head as it turned again to meet him.

Pyeth cast a quick glare at the lowlander, carrying an oversized slugthrower. Perhaps it was protection, or perhaps they had come to hunt the Maur'gur. "I said run!" He snapped angrily, pulling the weapon away from trembling hands. The lowlander stumbled forward, as Pyeth put far too much energy behind it.

Sensing easy prey, the Maun'gur stopped instead of reaching for the downed lowlander. Pyeth reacting quickly pushed them away again over the ground. Perhaps sensing his interference, it swung at him again, distracted and off balance he reacted too slow and Pyeth was thrown sideways into the mud.

Dazed he saw one of the other lowlanders go for the weapon again, and he pushed it away into a ditch. "What are you doing Jedi?" They snapped and threw themselves back to avoid a wild swing. "I said run," Pyeth repeated

"Where?! We're surrounded. If you're too stupid to save yourself-"

"It is Maun'gur. I cannot-"

"Then we all die. Stupid f---ing native."

Pyeth growled throwing himself back onto his talons and igniting the blade, steam raised from the blade and he sliced the Maun'gur back drawing its ire once more.

"You're doing great," Tiland said, unwinding a strip of bandage from his satchel and dipping it into the antibiotic ointment before applying it to the wound. His eyes were half-closed, letting instinct and the Force guide his movements.

The injuries were severe but not life threatening, unless there was venom in the wound of some sort. He couldn't sense any, but those were a little more volatile in detecting, especially coming from wildlife. There was rarely malice in the actions of nature, so they could not indeed be Dark Sided.

He paused for a moment, resting the back of his palm against the man's forehead, letting a sense of peace flow from him into the man's mind. His thrashing eased somewhat and his eyes grew calmer.

There were ripples and disturbances in the Force, not far away, full of pain, rage, and all sorts of other emotions, but that was Pyeth's challenge to face. The role of all Jedi eventually, to face the Darkness within and without.

Pyeth retreated back, a distance of ten paces. His lightsaber poised, glistening, and glowing above his head.

"Yes. It hurts." Pyeth said bitterly, as if the Maun'gur understood a word. It roared at him but Pyeth didn't even flinch, he felt the dark side inside him. A black hole that grew stronger by the moment, he had believed it to be inherently evil, tried desperately to resist it but he was only burying his head in the dirt. It was a part of him, as much a part of him as the Light, and no amount of fighting would expel it.

One of the students nearby, still desperate and surviving on adrenaline tried to speak. Commanding him to end it, but a quick glance silenced them. He was no longer in the mood, they'd already ruined everything but that didn't mean he wouldn't protect them.

Ignorance wasn't a crime. The huge black eyes narrowed, it would attack soon. Driven by consumption. Rishi were prey. He had to respect that.

Pyeth clicked his beak, plumage rising as he made the first move leaping forward into a over head attack.

The Maun'gur pulled back, crouching like a big cat and roared.

The wave of sound hit Pyeth's eardrums like a battering ram, depriving him of hearing and piercing his brain with throngs of pain. Pyeth raised his hand at its feet, breaking the Maun'gur's charge before it had even begun.

His opponent off balance Pyeth struck again, missing a killing blow. The Maun'gur recoiled with a swing cutting into Pyeth's flesh. He ignored the pain, willing the Force to temporarily stem the flow of blood.

He pulled forwards into its grip, the Maun'gur trying to crush him under its immense strength and weight. Pyeth glanced up seeing the creatures beak, moments away from delivering a killing blow but on that they were equal.

Pyeth augmented by the Force struck, biting the Maun'gur his beak tearing into sinew and flesh. It roared releasing him, but Pyeth held until it pushed him away striking the leg with his saber for good measure.

Pyeth, with the bitter taste of blood in his mouth, watched as the Maun'gur tore through the earth charging towards him. He raised his hand again, as he did before but the Maun'gur leapt up coming at him from above.

Could it feel the Force?

Pyeth dodged left it's hands slamming down to crater the earth, he slashed, and missed.

The Maun'gur snorted, circling Pyeth drawing slowly closer. He held his blade steady always pointing in the creatures direction waiting. It attacked, and Pyeth jumped, not back but forward hoping to bypass it's reach for a killing blow. A whining cut. It missed.

Pyeth was caught off guard, losing his rhythm causing him to dodge a fraction late. He felt his ribs give way, crushing his lungs the air escaping with a screech. He was left exhausted and stunned, the Maun'gur inches away from delivering the killing blow.

A fraction of a second felt like the passage of time, dragging him back to that fateful day. The day he saved Aashi. A long overdue execution.

"You assume much."

That voice. Alien yet familiar. Distant and forgotten. His lightsaber flickered.

Pyeth jumped up, in a flash, matching the speed of his attack to the monsters blow, taking a step forward and thrust deep. It was quick as a thought, meeting no resistance.

The Maun'gur grunted, then slumped pushing Pyeth back with its weight. There was peace, and Pyeth collapsed to his knees catching his breath.

"I'm sorry." He murmured, the group of survivors descending upon him congratulating and thanking him. "Excellent work Master Jedi!"

He cared not, rising to his talons a hiss escaped his beak. Clutching his open wound, the Force had done its job. Clotting the blood, but he dared not try and accelerate the healing any further. He was already spent.

His breathing and movements slowed, overcome by a grey haze distorting the forest and his surroundings. The Force felt raw, it was neither dark or light, rather something else.

He could not see it clearly, but the source, a great winged beast. It's wings a colourful blur of red, blue, and green the plumes etched with stories and legends rewriting and ever shifting.

"You surprise me, hatchling." The voice was a whisper on the wind. Nothing like the sound the bird would make. "Your voice. I heard it before... Who or What are you?" Pyeth asked

"I helped guide you to your father, and the crystal that powers your weapon." It admitted, "Call it your first trial."

"I don't understand?" Pyeth replied with reverence, was this the spirit his elders spoke of?

"Such are the mysteries of the universe, and it's secrets are many." It spoke again offering no answers only more questions.

"You killed the Maun'gur. Again. Why?"

Pyeth flinched, recalling his trial how the elders exiled him. Was Rishi about to do the same?

"These men from the stars, they only caused you harm. Poisoned and enslaved your people, and when retribution comes you deny it. Why?"

He flinched, that lone word causing greater pain than the wound in his chest. "They brought it upon themselves, it's true. But children rarely know better, and life is sacred, even those of my enemies."

The bird chuckled softly, "Amazing. Simply amazing." Pyeth looked confused, "I wondered where your path might take you, when you killed the first. I expected the isolation to consume you, if not that then learning of Vedas' treachery."

"You been watching me?" Pyeth asked

"I watch all my children, and occasionally some pique my interest. Your friend Yo'tek, for example."

Yo'tek? He hadn't heard that name in a long time. Not since his time in the Confederacy, he wondered where that bluebird went.

"But that is another story. Pyeth. I offer you an accord, if you so wish it. Vedas' will be taken, his treachery revealed. You will be welcomed back into the fold, and live out your days in the warm comfort of those you love."

Pyeth paused, he considered it. How could he not? This entity, Rishi or not offered him all he could ever hope for, he liked Tiland and by extension Rimward but they couldn't replace his family.

"But know that you will die in obscurity. Forgotten to a cold and careless universe."

That scarcely mattered, he had no visions of grandeur. He didn't care if he died a hero, remembered like many of the great Jedi. Still it felt wrong.

"You're offer is tempting, but my instincts. The Force tells me it would be a mistake."

"Your certain of this? Another opportunity will not present itself."

"I am. I would not condone another soul to my fate, life is sacred."

There was laughter, a warm wind coating him. "Pyeth Raffinki. Son of Padak, child of Rishi I honour you." The spirit seemed pleased, "Know that I watch you with great interest, and that should you ever need a home, Rishi will always accept and honour you Young Jedi."

Pyeth blinked brought back into the moment, he looked in a daze at the students surrounding him.

"Master Jedi? Are you ok?"

"Yes. Yes I am." He replied looking back, "I don't know what happened but the brambles have retreated, and... Well."

Pyeth followed the students eyes, his injuries partly healed, burning as if cauterised and his Kyber crystal. It felt strange?

He shook his head, "I'm ok. Come I will lead you back to your mentor." He wasn't sure how he would explain any of this to Tiland or even if he should.

Waiting. That was the hard part. It always was, when it came to his students. He had felt the Force surge, turbulent and abrupt, with great shifts and power. This was one of the Trials. Not one he had planned or even expected, but he knew it with a certainty that ran deep into his bones. But would Pyeth pass, or even survive?

Those thoughts kept his teeth tightly together as he stood next to the wounded man, now stabilized, and gazed down the hill towards the distance. The Darkness was gone, although he could not tell what remained.

The Force was the Force, yes, but Rishi was its own world, and the Force acted in its own way on this world. He had heard talk of the spirit of Rishi. Was that the Force? A local deity? Perhaps a bit of both? The questions were not answered so quickly.

But there was movement now, slow and perhaps reluctant, up the hill. Tiland shaded his eyes with one hand, staring down. Yes, there were those he presumed to be the different students, and then Pyeth, although his movement was stiff and not his natural gait.

So he had lived. And, Tiland considered, likely passed this Trial. He could not guess which one it was, nor would he impose it upon Pyeth so suddenly. The Trials were not easy. They took their toll on their students, even under the controlled circumstances of the Old Republic. But Trials in the wild?

They were, in many ways, a more realistic and valuable assessment of knighthood, but they could not be controlled, and they were not fair, as not all padawans had the chance to undergo a Trial.

"Are any of you hurt?" Tiland called down the hill when they were close enough. "We can establish a triage station right away."

Pyeth fell onto a stump, staring at Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun . He raised wing for just a moment, "They're a few wounded."

The worst to speak of was a bothan, their uniform sliced open leaving a open wound at their back. A few had broken or twisted ankles, self inflicted from the panicked escape.

Pyeth although healed didn't escape unscathed. He still counted at least a broken rib, although it hadn't punctured anything for which he was thankful, and few shallow cuts that probably needed cleaning.

"Yes. Avoc took a nasty hit," One said pointing to the Bothan, "Then there is Zeke, Nathan, and Vivianne who we think have broken bones. I think the native too. Could have ended much worse, after the beast and those brambles cornered us."

"My name is Pyeth." He croaked, the woman turning to him. "Sorry. You never told us your name. Thank you again for saving us Pyeth."

He shrugged his wings, "Your welcome. I guess," he looked at Tiland again, "Sorry to burden you with more injured, but I need to roost for a bit. If that's okay with you, Master?"

"An excellent assessment," Tiland replied, nodding slowly, and moving between the different wounded, handing out small cups of tea. "Here, have some tea. It'll help some with the shock."

There were other ways to describe it, but that was the quickest to the point. "And certainly, Pyeth. Take the time you need." He busied himself with tending to the injured, starting with the most severe, and then moving to the bleeding, applying disinfectant and staunching the wounds.

He paused, washing his hands with some sanitizer before diving back into things, and working to stabilize the strains, sprains, and breaks.

It was not a fast process, but he worked deliberately, smoothly, and with purpose, applying gentle applications of the Force to ease some of the pain and accelerate the healing process.

Pyeth thanked his master, leaping up to the safety of a tree branch. He stayed there for an hour, recovering his strength then once ready helped Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun with the clean up.

A transport wasn't far behind, either someone had hailed them, or concerned families finally commissioned a search and rescue. Silently, Pyeth assisted with the boarding, helping those who couldn't walk while he let Tiland fill the Captain in on the details.

"Well. Thank you both." The Captain said, "Can I offer you a lift back to civilization? The Director may offer you compensation for your troubles, after I submit my report that is."

Tiland leaned heavily on his staff, letting his gaze move back and forth between the ship and the small clearing as they moved the wounded aboard. At the last question, Tiland shrugged, looking over towards Pyeth. "I am not quite finished here, I think. There is still some work for me to do. I appreciate your offer, of course, but I ask no reward. It is not the Jedi way."

He took a deep breath and strengthened himself, "But what of your thoughts, Pyeth? This is your world, after all. Not mine."

Pyeth sighed, he kept mostly silent trying his best not to engage in conversation with them. Acceptance wasn't the same as forgiveness, and he wasn't certain he could forgive them yet, but now his Master forced his wing.

Pyeth steadied himself, "I am in agreement with my master, and I do not think any discussion with your seniors will be particularly conductive. However, if a reward is necessary, refer them to Chief Vedas Raffinki."

The Captain made a note, before forwarding him another question. "Your from the Raffinki then?"

"Yes, and if possible, please let them know Pyeth won't be returning." He flinched, a tinge of pain. He would sorely miss the troublemaker Anisael and Aashi.

"I see. Well thank you both, and safe travels Master Jedi."

Pyeth watched the dropship leave, turning to Tiland. "I fancied myself a saviour. Just didn't expect it would be anyone from Astra. No doubt you want to hear what happened?"

Tiland bowed in the traditional Jedi manner. but let Pyeth handle the conversation, leaning on his staff until the ship had disappeared, its repulsors rippling his topknot and beard, before turning back to Pyeth.

He considered for a moment, head tilted, until the whine of starship engines finally disappeared. "That depends on if you wish to say what happened," Tiland finally spoke, "Although we might want to get you some more medical attention first."

Tiland turned and studied Pyeth. "And if you are ready for either of those just yet, I suppose. What is your assessment?"

He was haunched holding one wing to the swollen discoloured flesh. Feathers helped conceal it, but he knew all this activity wasn't healthy. He really should be staying put, or seeking medical attention so the rib didn't cause any serious damage.

"We can do both, but your right. Medicine first. Did you bring any supplies?" He said uncertain, he wasn't used to calling the shots, and was conscious Tiland was judging him.

"I think it would be wise, to find a place to rest. Unless you know of a way to set broken ribs?" Pyeth knew no physical way of fixing his situation. The Force always remained an option, but that didn't come without its own consequences. That said, he was still catching up with advanced medicine.

"There should be some manner of village nearby, if we can find them."

"Not Rishii ribs," Tiland admitted simply with a shrug. "There are technological methods, of course, but none we have access to at the moment. Without those..." He gave an uncomfortable smile. "The best we can do is leave them to heal independently."

He sifted through his satchel, pulling out bandages and antiseptics. "Are you up to move in search of a village? Or would you rather make camp for some time first?"

That was always the question with injuries, even on Jedi. There was only so far that the body could be pushed. It would eventually collapse. That was inevitable and the balance was never clear, even for Jedi. They were not immune to that, although they could prevent it for a while.

"Suddenly the Captain's offer doesn't sound too bad." Pyeth laughed the choked, "Ouch. Bad idea."

Flying probably wouldn't feel much better, so he agreed on settling for the outdoors. It was no worse than sleeping on a cold deck, plus he could enjoy the starlight. "Yeah, let's setup camp."

Pyeth made his way deeper, closer to where he fought with the Maun'gur. It's territory should provide them safety, providing of course a dragon didn't decide to show. Those beasties were both more and less dangerous, it lacked defences on the back so Rishii hunters could usually harass it until they left but without that they wouldn't stand a chance.

Once they found a shallow cave, Pyeth helped gather dry material for warmth and shelter. He took a seat, pecking at some tack.

"Master, do you remember what I explained, about my people and Maun'gur?"

Tiland moved carefully through the landscape, following behind Pyeth as he found the way to a shallow cave. He unrolled a sleeping pad and set up a small heater to work alongside the fire, putting it closer to Pyeth before taking a seat on a rocky outcropping, pulling his cloak tighter around him and leaning back against the wall.

The flames flickered to life, and he set his small teapot on the heater, pouring in a small amount of water and crushing a handful of leaves into it.

"The Maun'gur," Tiland replied thoughtfully, head tilted in thought. "I believe you said it was a legend? Is it a true legend?"

Pyeth exhaled, watching his master begin to crush the dry leaves. The numb thud of his mortar reminded him of the sound the Maun'gur had made. He couldn't help but feel disappointed. Had his master forgotten? He supposed it didn't matter, "We believe them to be aspects of Rishi. A manifestation of rage and anger that cannot be reasoned with. As such, killing one usually means inviting doom upon themselves and their tribe. If you recall, I killed one protecting Aashi, prompting my elders to exile me."

He pulled up his tail, beginning to fidget with it, "That one was smaller than the one I encountered today. The forest had them cornered, so I tried to calm it down and persuade it to leave. I think one of them had shot it, it might be why it attacked but I suppose it needn't matter. They attacked it again and broke my connection. We clashed." He scoffed for a moment, "Almost killed me, would have if not for this." He brushed his beak, stained black in blood. "Never tasted anything so bitter."

Pyeth closed his eyes, "I killed it and with it killing any hope I had left of reclaiming my place at home. That's why I refused to go back, if they didn't learn of it from me, I have no doubts rumours would soon reach them from the survivors. And I doubt Chief Vedas will miss an opportunity to be done with me.

Anyway, I digress. There was something else, an entity. I think. Neither Light nor Dark but something in between. It spoke to me."

Tiland frowned, considering for a moment with his eyes half closed. "Ah. I do apologize. I believe something about a creature of legend will be told to me, although has not yet happened." He shrugged. "It is one of the dangers of sleeping between the Tree on Qi-Ko. So yes, this is the creature you killed to save a life that got you exiled the first time."

His mind mulled over the meaning of those possibilities. "Are they often encountered? And I can see why that would mean there is no chance to return. To save lives by slaying a sacred creature, not once but twice..." His fingers traced the edge of the tea pot carefully. Then his eyes opened and he met Pyeth's gaze. "An entity, you say? In between Light and Dark?"

That was curious indeed. He had heard of such beings- the Bendu was little known, but he had heard legends of it. "That is a surprise, is it not? What did it say?"

Hearing of Tiland's experience on Qi-Ko reminded him of the crystal caves, on the same planet. Pyeth smiled, "That is remarkable! Given the opportunity, I'd love to visit the tree - someday. Perhaps, we can find this legendary creature."

"I did not expect it." Pyeth confirmed, "It offered me absolution. It would speak on my behalf, that my actions were justified against the Maun'gur that attacked us as children." He replied feeling a tinge of regret. He wasn't completely certain of his decision, but it was the one he made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom