Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Winds of Change

The engines of a XA-5 X-Wing roared above the hills, scaring animals off as it passed through. Normally, a newer X-01 X-Wing wouldn’t do something like that… but this was an older model… just a memory of past years that shouldn’t even be up in the air anymore. Still… this particular ship has been out of combat and out of the public eye for far too long, and even though it was been properly maintained by its owner; not even the most skilled engineer could keep a ship like this in top condition in a remote place such as Dressel without the right tools and parts.

The pilot on its cockpit, a bearded human; looked through the transparisteel to the ground below, looking for a place to land. He needed the engines to cool down a bit and also to enjoy the view in front of him. He was in Dressel not because he had missions to take, or because he had to uncover some ancient shrine filled with the dark side of the Force… but just because he wanted to lay low for quite a while.

Dressel was the right place to pick… he was in a place where he could get everything he needed, since the planet was a well-known commerce stop on the Mara Corridor, but also; because this place was not currently strictly affiliated with any major organization in the galaxy. It just sounded like the right place to be.

One thing that the former Jedi Master didn’t account for, was how the Force didn’t actually need him during this period of time… he could still feel the Force around everything… he could still call upon it and he could still sense what was its will… but he just felt that the will of the Force was not something that included him… such was the way for days, weeks, months… years…

At first it was quite troublesome… the lack of visions… the lack of waves through the Force directing him to move, to fight, to defend… he just felt that the Force kept him there in that planet… living one day at a time and keeping him alive… for what reason? Unknown.

Slowly, the small starfighter began to hover on top of one of the hills, a good one with a beautiful view to the south, to the east and to the west… a lovely place just to ponder and to witness at the landscape. That was just what he needed for the time being before heading back to the nearest town for supplies. As the ship began to descend to the ground, he didn’t wait for long and just opened the canopy while it was in the middle of the landing sequence… and slowly he began to exit the ship.

The ground was quite lovely, it was not dry nor wet… the raining season was over and now it was just some sort of summer, although he knew that water poured down from the skies late at night in little amounts to shower the countless plants. This made the soil be just quite enjoyable at this time of the day… and such variables allowed for the wind to be quite refreshing even though the sun was well above the ground.

Allowing the breeze to hit his face, the man dressed in a military suit just looked at the horizon while he removed his helmet… he closed his eyes and listened to what was happening around him: the grass, the wind, the birds… everything connected… everything flowing through the will of the Force… moving around regardless if he was there or not… but just listening to it was quite beautiful and relaxing.

Last edited:
at_at_among_the_sierra_nevada_by_fantasio-d7h2jej.jpg

Dressel
Days turned to week, weeks into months, and those months into a year. Stationary, completely unresponsive yet always lucid. STaCLO hid out among nature's many corners throughout the galaxy. Away from others for months on end. The Shard droid hybrid really cared little for the politics and happenings in the stars overhead. That's why he was hear, in self exile to enjoy the simpler things that nature and The Force had to offer. Around his body dirt and vegetation made its way into his body. Insects and very small rodents finding refuge thought the long lonesome days he remained still against a tree. Overlooking a lake that sat at the base of rolling hills and mountains.

This was all made so easy through STaCLO's natural dispassion given his inability to feel such emotions for the majority of his droid life. But the more recent harmonization with the Shard in him seemingly compounded those feelings oddly enough. Only because he realized just how little he truly felt compared to others.

However, he felt something as the roar of a starfighter came overhead disrupting the local wildlife. Not only that but it carried with it the sense of a Force User. Very peculiar. He hasn't felt the force signature of someone that was sensitive for long time.

He wasn't sure if it was someone from the neighboring Confederacy, The Silver Jedi, or an independent passerby. That's part of the reason he was here, because it wasn't yet subject to the various powers that be. But when they come, and they always do, it's time for him to move from his position and find somewhere else.

However, for STaCLO his internal clock informed him that it was a new standard galactic year. Perhaps it was time for him to find another planet to connect with for a time being. Either that or see how things are in the "civilized" world that everyone else seems to be a part of.

Powering himself back on the yellow photoreceptors behind his masked helmet lit up. The mild hums of his internal systems coming online scared and disturbed what few critters were inside of him. Closing his hands into fists and curling his "toes" he slowly moved his body before cautiously getting up from the tree he'd tested upon. The imprint of his body remained on the bark as soil, grass and vines fell from his body.

Getting up to his feet he looked around some at the scenery around. Observing how it has change since the last time he saw it. Looking down he saw the hilt of his lightsaber half submerged in the ground beside where he was. Picking it out he wiped off much the dirt on it. The instrument was gonna need a good cleaning before he ever planned to use it again. Pondering what his next move should be he would choose to head in the direction of where he felt the force signature head towards. Dirt and vegetation falling off his form with every step

Vexander Graves Vexander Graves

The man's eyes snapped open revealing his blue eyes... he didn't have to look hard into the constant tides of the Force that surrounded him to feel the presence of another being sensitive to the Force... After this many years living in this isolated planet, he didn't have the chance to feel another being attuned to the Force so strongly that would make him snap out from the other things that surrounded him. It was like feeling a surge of warm water while swiming on a cold lake, it was something that someone would easily miss unless standing still and not just swiming around.

This feeling though, although familiar... seemed quite off... it was indeed a living being emmaniting such strong signature, but it was different. But it was not that significant to take notice or to dwell on it more than it should, the fact was that; such being was around and his presence carried with him great implications.

Vexander turned around and decided to leave almost all his gear in the ship, he didn't take anything with him besides one of his lightsabers... his primary one in fact. He had the feeling he wouldn't be needing it but as a Jedi, his lightsaber was his tool, his trusty companion, his sign of authority... his weapon. He wondered though... could he considered himself a Jedi after this many years? Perhaps he wasn't... but that was bound to change at some point... or so he thought.

Nothing happened just because... the will of the Force was quite strong and it was like the gears of an ancient analog clock... everything moved in unison to accomplish one goal... and the fact that the Force might be needed him at this moment was quite obvious. Otherwise, this being wouldn't be showing up at this moment.

The bearded man closed his canopy before leaving just in case, and he was bound to find who manifested himself through this presence in the Force and to see if what his gut was telling him was accurate: if the Force needed him. However, the unthinkable just happened...

In a flash... his vision became blurry.... his head began to pound slightly... It has been almost a decade since he had this feeling... Instinctively, the man just put both of his hands in his head and began to recall what he had learn all those years ago... how to endure and to clearly withstand such visions through the Force... but he was out of training in this aspect... he couldn't withstand the amount of images and feelings he could sense... that the Force was bringing him.

Although random, the images showed a desert planet... a beautiful building with the Jedi Emblem on it... several faces that he hadn't met but that had a strong bond between one another... and then... disaster... the images intensified at that point revealing little but to glances that he couldn't understand or comprehend... he was indeed out of touch after this many years.

Not being able to withstand such vision... Vexander Graves fell to his knees and laid there for a moment despite the strong vision that was passing by... he just staid there motionless for a bit... trying to regain his composture.

STaCLO STaCLO

The droid body's movements were stiff. Certainly going to need a good cleaning and some lubricant's to get his limbs working like they should. Dirt and small rocks grinding up in his gears and pistons. His visor was murky too, wiping off what he could off of it as he walked.

Walking out of the denser wilds he made his way into some rolling hills. Smooth and gentle in the texture it provided the landscape. Looking out over on such hill STaCLO saw what he believed to be the source of what he was sensing. With them seemed to be an old starfighter. However, he saw the man knelt down on the ground.

Wondering if they were in distress STaCLO contemplated rushing over to them. But a large mysterious figure rushing someone down in the wilderness would probably give the wrong idea. So the cyborg kept his pace constant as he approached. Personally he felt a disturbance coming from the individual. Himself not getting any visions are upsetting feelings from The Force. But then again even being touched by its energies STaCLO still felt disconnected.

Getting closer STaCLO got a better view of the man. They seemed to be trying to regain their composure. Standing before them not more then 10 feet away he eyed them through his dark visor. He held his lightsaber in his hands unignited. Only because he currently didn't have any place to but it on himself. Not that he'd want to use the tool, it was all dirty and would probably jam up on use.

"I thought I was the only one here, at least on this side of the Dressel. But I also take it that you had no intention of running into me. Do you need a hand?" STaCLO's voice came through in a rather groggy tone from his vocoder. He would offer the man any assistance if they needed it.

It is funny how easily one's composure could be lost in certain situations... despite how hard someone tried... it was some sort of inevitable. With his head still aching a bit but easing with each passing second, with sweat still in his forehead and heavy breathing... the bearded man just replied without opening his eyes "Thank you friend..." he said without knowing if such being was truly a friend or not "I also had the impression I was quite alone around here...I am not sure if you might be able to help me though".

Vexander opened his eyes slowly, trying for his sight to focus... the surge in the vision didn't allow him to feel the Force like before... he was too out of his own self and just channeling all his concentration in the Force to understand and withstand the vision that he had a few moments ago and he didn't notice if this being in front of him was the one he felt before... but still, he needed to see him and perhaps he would get a good idea of who he was dealing with.

As he opened his eyes, he noticed a droid in front of him... and in an instant, he just felt surprise despite how tired he was... it was a droid! However, Vexander was a perceptive man... he had learned even before being a Jedi to analyze the situation and don’t jump easily to conclusions… despite how hard sometimes that could be.

Passing his right arm on his forehead, the bearded fellow just used his sleeve to clean the sweat a bit, and as he did; he used his left hand to support himself in the ground to stand up slowly before carrying on with the conversation with the droid… although it was quite likely that the being in front of him could have detected how Vex had raised an eyebrow at the sight of him.

As he got up, he passed through the tall figure of the droid and noticed a cylinder-like thing being held by the being… something that he quickly recognized as a lightsaber… such weapon at the ready meant two different things: for one, the being had encountered the Force Sensitive and… had taken his lightsaber? By force? by accident? … hard to tell; and two, this being could pose a serious threat with this kind of weapon even if it was not trained to use a lightsaber… especially with him at this state.

Taken a subtle step back until he could regain his focus, the man just continued to buy some time before he could actually assess the situation further with a clearer mind.

“It is quite recomforting to have a droid offering help… do you have any medical capabilities? Perhaps a bacta stick or something?” Vexander then noticed that the droid was dirty and seemed to have been lacking some maintenance “What are you doing out here in the wilderness? You have been around for long?”

STaCLO STaCLO

"I'm afraid not, the my, or our hardware was designed for wars of a bygone era." He said regretfully as the man got up. His particular droid body being designed to take lives rather than save them hundreds of years ago. He listened to the man ask if why they were out here on the rather forgettable world of Dressel.

"For about a standard galactic year I've been here, trying to subtly understand The Force over many months. That and to possibly protect the local wilderness if need be." He explained to the man before him. "The luxury of my own physical capabilities allows me to almost become one with the natural world around for prolonged periods of time. And yes, I am in touch with The Force. The Shard I've integrated with has allowed such a thing." STaCLO replied before patting his chest some with his hand where the silicon lifeform was inside him.

Looking behind the man he saw the starfighter, concluding that that was the ship he heard fly over, that mixed with the clear force sensitive individual before him made him conclude he found the one who awoken him from his rest.

"I sense a disturbance within you my friend, I may not be able to help, but I could understand..."

The blue eyes of the bearded man just opened wide at the revelation that the droid just gave him... his manner of speech and the fact that he panted his chest revealing that he had a Force Sensitive shard inside him was not something he had heard of in the past. During his time in the Silver Jedi, he gathered knowledge and information from the archives, but he had never seen, heard or read anything about a "shard" or any other crystal with such properties.

Sure... the kyber crystals were imbued with the Force... and they had the ability to resonate with a Jedi they chose in order to work in unison with one another and create the Jedi's lightsaber. But having sentience to this degree was unheard of... at least for him.

The man tried to just stand up once again and smile... try to shake off his surprise and be as level headed as possible; something that he thought was far beyong his grasp now since the being in front of him could clearly see his expressions with his optics and that he could interpret to different level... since he was dealing with a droid with all it's capabilities but it also had the Force to process things in different manners than normal droids.

Trying to just remind as civil as possible giving the circumstances, Vexander smiled a bit at the being and apologized with honesty "I really need to apologize... I have been out of touch for quite some time and I have never encountered such an unique being just as yourself" the bearded fellow tilted his head a bit and raised one of his eyebrows a bit with a smirk on his mouth "I can't deny my curiosity and also the fact that you could feel a glimpse of what I was feeling just a moment ago..." one of the images of the vision came to his mind, but not through the Force but from his own memory "...I saw things that I haven't seen for a long time... visions through the Force about a desert planet with Jedi on it" Vexander didn't know how much information he could share with the being but he trusted he wasn't saying anything wrong, afterall; this being didn't seem to have bad intentions "I do not know about the current state of the galaxy... over the past few years I have been in touch only with the Force and some local traders... but the Force has not given me any signs or directions up to this point... I don't even know if there is a place where Jedi gather these days in any of the currently known desert planets in the galaxy" The man touched his beard a bit and caressed his chin "Of course... so many things can change that I might be just mistaken and this is information that you might have my friend"

STaCLO STaCLO

hqdefault.jpg

Dressel

SiRiDio reached into his cloak pocket feeling around for his lighter it was cold and wet inside the cave he currently resigned, he reached down igniting a small bundle of bark and sticks for a fire. He had only been on the planet for roughly 30 hours and was really starting to feel the hunger, the Zabrak hadn't eaten in quite awhile and is in need of some calories luckily for him the planet should provide.

Standing to his feet SiRiDio exited the cave the smell of the lake and fresh forest air was a pleasant change from the damp dew he had endured within the cave so far, as he stumbled through the forest the Zabrak had a weird feeling rush over him almost as if he was sensing someone but SiRiDio had never felt such an off sensation before. He brushed it off and continued on his way looking for any signs of wildlife, SiRiDio stopped at the base of a mountain confused, there are humanoid tracks leading up likely some kind of camp or shelter.

STaCLO nodded some to the mans words. "To be honest becoming a cyborg has been a shock on both of our systems. For both I as a droid, and as a Shard. The clashing of signals and the introduction of The Force into has cause much to think about for me." He explained some of what it has been like for him being a Shard/Droid hybrid.

He listened to them explain how that had some visons and their own isolation lately. Pondering some about what they had to say. "It sounds like the two of us are somewhat in the same boat. I too have not felt much guidance from The Force as well. Which is probably part of why I choose to live as I do. However, it sounds to me like The Force is possibly trying to direct you on a new path. You see one of the benefits I have is to communicate with both the Force and the Holonet in harmony." STaCLO began to explain to them, looking to offer some direction from what he has gathered in his time as an unseen observer to the galaxy.

"Have heard in with both the Force and Holonet of a new formation of Jedi. I don't know if it's an order, or possibly just a group of like minded followers of the Jedi Code. I believe that there could be some significance to what I have heard about and your vision. Perhaps the desert planet is not historically known for housing Jedi, and that it is something new that has happened, or possibly about to happen."

After saying that the droid body he had seemingly perked up. Sensing something else nearby. Looking away from the man before him for just a moment he added. "I sense there might be another."

Vexander Graves Vexander Graves | SiRiDio SiRiDio

SiRiDio continued forward following the steady trail that lead up the mountain, the humanoid foot prints also continued up the mountain but the Zabrak could tell these were no normal species. The tracks were blocky and weirdly shaped for someone's boot print, he knelt down taking a closer look it was clear these tracks originated from some kind of droid entity. This droid was unlikely to have any food but the droid's master could be useful and would need food to sustain himself, standing to his feet the Zabrak continued further up the mountain the weird sensations through the force continued to grow gradually stronger.

SiRiDio stopped as he heard a voice, it was distant but he knew it was above him as he reached the end of the trail he had been following, taking a step back the Zabrak took a deep breathe and launched himself into the air and over the cliff face. SiRiDio landed on the front of his feet quietly, hoping to draw no attention he quickly leaped into the air once again landing on a tree branch he crouched down perched like a predatory bird as he looked over the droid and his human friend. Hopefully landing in the tree didn't cause to much noise, the Zabrak would like to gauge the situation before being detected closing his eyes SiRiDio reached into the force calming himself using deep breaths, using Force Stealth he hid his presence in the force hiding his dark signature and distorting others abilities to sense him.

Last edited:
As Vexander recovered further, he just listed to what the droid/shard hybrid had to say about the whole situation. He seemed quite knowledgable and in tune with recent events despite the fact that both were just not in touch with the Force as they used to. Having him around to provide guidance and information after a vision seemed something more than a mere coincidence.

"Seeing our trajectory... I can definetely tell for a fact that the Force has brought us together for some unknown reason..." he caressed his beard some more "...perhaps we are bound to help each other find what the will of the Force has in store for us" At that moment, the bearded corellian smiled "Pardon my lack of manners... I have been quite rude" the man then bowed politely "My name is Vexander Graves... pleased to meet you my friend"

With the introduction aside, the man heard a bit about what what his actual comrade had to say about the Jedi and their status... it was quite curious to determine that some others like him were gathering somewhere, he just hoped that was his vision was telling him was not something dire but instead a good omen of the gathering of Jedi... but something in his mind told him that was a farfetched opinion.

Vexander hadn't noticed a new sentient being nearby with any Force Signature whatsoever... perhaps he was still tired for the vision or whoever was approaching was quite skilled... either way, the corellian just realized about his presence when his hybrid friend raised the concern about another being nearby.

Opening himself to the Force as much as he could, Vex began to sense if there was indeed someone around... and although he could sense someone... he didn't manage to see, hear or feel the direction where this being was coming from. "I can sense it as well... but faint..." Vexander knew quite a lot about cloacking and stealth techniques through the Force and without the Force, but this time he was not able to sense anything properly due to a series of circumstances "...it is different than your presence through the Force... but can't tell" Now alerted, the man just looked at his surroundings waiting to see, hear or for the Force to tell him about it any further.

STaCLO STaCLO | SiRiDio SiRiDio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom