Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windrage & The Minotaur

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
Expecting something far more from the Lord than she showed, let alone some evidence of gratitude at least, Asterion stopped and thought he had mis-heard. Training? A child? This wasn’t part of the deal; a Primeval babysitter.

”Excuse me, my Lady, but training? That wasn’t part of the deal was it? I assumed that would be for your grunts to do – to break her down, do what you want. I just brought her here.”

Stepping forward, behind the young girl, Asterion kept his eyes on Anja.

”What about your apprentice? If he’s not strong enough to defeat a child then maybe they can both help each other. I’ve got nothing to offer this whelp.”

Maybe he was speaking out of line, but this was what he did – speak up, not afraid of those who sat in big chairs calling themselves Lord.

He couldn’t train another, could he? Last time he tried that, he’d collected a nice scar on the side of his face.

[member="Théa Windrage"] | [member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

Anja's blank expression revealed a subtle frown, in fact it was so slight that one could easily mistake it for just a light twitch. Umbarans weren't much for emotions, they preferred to hide their thoughts behind half-truths and deception, so when Anja frowned slightly it meant that for a moment--whatever emotion she felt--managed to slip through the nature of her species that had developed of the course of milennia.

The Host Lord looked down to the girl, then back at Asterion. "You misunderstand," she began but not before rising from the throne. "You wish to be of use, yes? To be part of something bigger than yourself--to give your existence purpose." What she said was merely paraphrasing of the aspirations he and Anja had discussed when they first met.

"If you have nothing to offer, then perhaps you are weak. Yet... If you manage to train her, perhaps to be a greater apprentice than even my Warlords have to offer, your mere breath will be etched into history." She continued.

What Anja asked was not with the purpose of function; certainly an apprentice had it uses, however. "If you truly wish to refuse, it is not my thoughts that you will regret." He could take those words however he'd like. Was it a threat? Maybe. Or perhaps Anja was merely reflecting upon potential consequences that were beyond either's control. Such is the enigmatic nature of a prophet's words.

[member="Asterion"] | [member="Snowflake"]

She heard his words and felt him step closer; Théa dropped her gaze to the ground, wishing oh so much that she could shrink away into nothingness. She felt insignificant and overlooked, as if they were talking right through her, as if she were nothing but an article of clothing they could debate over then toss aside when they realised it wasn't as good as they thought. She didn't want to be here. She didn't want anybody to train her. She wanted to go home, back to her loving family and her sick mother.

Her shoulders tensed in discomfort. He had brought her here and now he did not want anything to do with her? He talked her down to the woman who was clearly his superior. And she knew that she was never going to leave this place. She knew that he would be made to take her on, and he would hate every moment of it. She also knew that wouldn't end well for her, because he would vent his frustrations on her, the constant reminder that he was beneath another.

She was genuinely terrified, and what was worse she didn't know if her Gods could hear her plea from so far across the stars. She could not show either of them that she was weak or afraid but at the same time she had quite lost her voice and the confidence to speak up by this point. Rooted in place, with the urge to curl up and hide from the world or worse flee and risk her life, the young girl welled up yet bit back the tears. She didn't want to be broken. She didn't want to be some pawn in another beings ascension to the history tomes.

She just wanted to leave.

[member='Asterion'] [member='Anja Aj'rou']

Stephanie Swail

WEAK? The Lord hit a sore point, but one that was probably true. After all, he was here looking for a place to fit in and with only Nimue and Morgana on Effekt, this could be all he had to keep himself busy. Why had Vi'dreya left him? Why did the Order crumble when he was so close to being something worthy? Now, hanging around with decaying primitive warriors and being told to teach babies.

Asterion sighed without breaking eye contact with the Lord.

”No. I will do what I can to her for a worthy subject to you. I have trained before, so can do it again.”

His hand pulled the girl into his side.

”What resources you got here for me? I need the best you have to break her down and re-build her to be something you can care about.”

Looking down to the girl, Asterion couldn't help feel protective of the child now. His to mould.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"] | [member="Théa Windrage"]

The Primeval didn't lack in resources, and certainly Anja wouldn't be unwilling to spare them if he requested.

"We have training facilities here in the palace, but if you wish to travel elsewhere, their are nineteen systems in our territory to choose from." She wondered what kind of training he'd subject the young girl too. Not only was this an opportunity for Asterion to grow, it was an opportunity to mould the child into another witch ready to serve the cause.

Truthfully, Anja was glad to see Asterion take this without arrogance. There was much to appreciate in that, a value to be held and one which Anja would utilize in the future.

"Unless you had a request?"

Not visually paying attention at this point, the child all but jumped when she felt the touch of Asterion's hand pulling her to his side, an involuntary flinch which roused her from her thoughts and back to the reality which was crumbling around her. Daring to flick her gaze upward she stared at the woman and wondered what gave her such authority over the lives of others. Mino said something about breaking her down, and all at once Thea's gaze snapped from Anja to him; she would've turned to him had his hand not been firmly rooting her in place.

"I don't want to be broken" she said all at once, an indignant expression marring her face. Her head turned and she switched her gaze between man and woman several times, before scoffing. Apparently she had found her voice again. "You have no right to decide anything about me" the child spat, vehemence coursing through her veins, anger bubbling over. "I will not be your... Your... Puppet! I am ten years old and I want my Papa!" It was all she could do not to stomp her feet and scowl. How dare they!

[member='Asterion'] [member='Anja Aj'Rou']

Stephanie Swail

Trying to converse with a Lord while a 10 year old brat sulked and squirmed in your grasp was irritating enough, but for Asterion is was just annoying. He crouched down and grabbed the girl by the scruff of the neck and pulled her to his face.

”Listen, kid, if you want to end up with your head on a spike then keep it up. If you want to get out alive and actually have a chance to see daylight again, shut up and listen.”

He tossed her clothing back and stood, returning his irritated gaze to Anja and waved his hand casually.

”No, the palace is fine. I think this place could be good for her to get used to seeing as she’ll be staying here indefinitely. Do YOU have any requests for her…or me?”

Asterion forgot to address her by her title, but he was done with rank now –they all knew where they stood in this throne room and what their purpose was.

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"] | [member="Théa Windrage"]

"No, do as you will. I'm curious to see the result of your actions," she spoke more softly than before.

Anja's eyes didn't seem to be focused on either one of them, instead it was almost as if the pale orbs were fixated on the two as one. Having another guest in the palace was of no concern for the Host Lord, after all the structure was twenty kilometers wide, and two high. That meant there was actually a very slim chance of them ever meeting on a single day, it was as if an entire city had been constructed for the emperors and empresses of the Fel Dynasty to live in...

A true example of their hubris. That is why most of the adornments had been stripped from the palace, save for the imperial emblems; a symbol of the Primeval's supremacy over the imperialists.

For the very first time, she'd speak directly to the girl. "You have potential, don't waste it."

She knew that she had crossed a line by speaking the truth when Asterion's hand grasped the back of her shirt, balled it up and pulled her close; he was crouched at this point, so their noses practically touched. She could see the fury in his gaze, and her eyes widened in shock.

Of course she said nothing in response. She didn't talk back, she didn't try to tell him he was wrong or get him to release her. She just stared, it was as if she wasn't in control of her body for a few moments, floating way overhead. Panic had gripped her, and her mind had yanked her out of the situation. But that didn't mean it wasn't happening around her still.

And then he stood up, and Thea was pushed forward ever so slightly whether intentional on the part of Asterion or not. She remained facing him for a few second more, until she felt in control of her limbs again and could turn. Though she wished she hadn't. Anja looked all the more frightening after that ordeal.

When the woman's gaze turned to her, Thea could not help but step back until she was practically against Asterion's leg. Remembering to breathe she heeded the woman's words and slowly nodded her head to show her understanding. Things had gotten very real, very fast. Perhaps it really was best if she forgot everything before and simply did as they bid. Because she knew that she could not afford to die so early on in the game.

[member='Asterion'] [member='Anja Aj'Rou']

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom