Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will You Follow Me?

Placeholder 0123

P
There was a certainty to the way things had transpired. The Graug were now pacified to an extent, and the vast majority of the race had taken to the stars with Graxin and the others. Others whom Graxin never would have guessed to be allied with, but they had appeared together, along with the mysterious Architects, and offered assistance. He owed them all a great debt.

The Knight had heard of the Architects before. They were an ancient race with origins in the time shortly after the Rakata Empire's fall, or so he had heard. Meeting them in person was an odd event, and one he would do his best to keep from happening to his Padawan. The boy didn't need to meed such odd creatures at such an impressionable time in his training.

This was why Graxin had called Kaigann to the spherical training room of the Mephirium. The Mephirium itself was docked aboard the San-Hill Star Destroyer the Ge'hutuun, but that was utterly irrelevant right now.

Graxin drew in a deep breath, and fumbled with the lightsaber he had built on Mustafar so long ago. Everything was different now. He was no longer a wayward apprentice, he held the power and had a duty, and Corvetta was gone. Perhaps forever.

The Monitor had spoken to him personally. They were going to a world called Ession to establish Order, and the Monitor had spoken to him about the Jedi Lords. There was a certain merit to the ancient being's words that struck with Graxin no matter how much he tried to ignore them.

The Jedi were meant to help all, not only the dying government of the Republic. Everything they did now flew in the face of the old Order's tenants. Graxin had made a revelation.

It was time to discuss it with his student.

[member="Kaigann Fossk"]

Looking back at the events that had transpired recently the apprentice could only smile. The Graug were slowly coming around, he had fought in his first battle alongside many allies learning new skills along the way, but most of all... he had found himself a new master, one who was quickly shaping up to be almost a father figure in his life.

Things had changed, he was less arrogant and self centered, he carried with him a sense of honor now replacing his reckless pride. Now the apprentice found himself in the training room aboard the Mephirium, he was summoned there by his master for whatever purpose he did not know.

Kaigann stepped into the spherical chamber slowly knocking on the wall as he entered, "Greetings master." Moving into the room at a slow pace the padawan moved across from Graxin before crossing his arms. "Congratulations are in order for your victory master, the Imperial Clan have become the dominant power once more, no doubt the Graug will benefit heavily from the swift intervention of the Order."

He bowed his head slightly, "I appreciate everything you've done for me master, I continue to look forward to our training."

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
The flush of pride that suddenly swelled Graxin's heart caught him by surprise. He was ever the stable, calm, and collected master when Kaigann was around, but he found himself taken aback by the boy's progress at times. The Knight had never raised anything before. Never a pet, never an apprentice, or a child. He had always thought teaching to be something for others, and simply not something his personality fit with.

But it had.

"It was as much you as it was myself, Kaigann. You were impressive out there, I'm sure you would have had all the girls swooning if they saw you. That, and you held the tenets of the Order above your own desires." The Knight cracked a knowing smile, one of an amused father catching their child in a playful lie. "I know you wanted to end that usurper's life. It's a natural reaction that we all have to learn to overcome. I'm proud of you for doing such."

Graxin bowed his head, and his smile faltered partway. This was a serious issue, one that he wanted to convey to his student appropriately. He clapped his hand on the ground in front of him to indicate that Kai should sit down. "Kai, I admit I did not call you for a lesson. I wanted to speak to you about an important issue...concerning the order."

The Knight swallowed heavily. "Something I've thought about for some time, and I cannot make a decision without your thoughts. I value your opinion."

[member="Kaigann Fossk"]

Kaigann's eyes wandered as Graxin mentioned his previous desire to end Trox's life, he was slightly ashamed of that moment. He had given in to his anger, never before had a trigger such as that ever occurred, the sight of his own blood had awoken an unnatural anger for the Graug Pirate that he could not explain.

Was it a fear of death, blood, or loss of pride?

Who knew.

What the apprentice did know was that fear had overtaken him, however his master was right he had found the power to overcome that obstacle. He would learn in time to better control his emotions even if such a trigger was to occur again. It was moments like that which had reminded him why he was still a padawan and how he still had much to learn. Despite the shame he held inside his master honored him with words of pride for overcoming the obstacle, something which brought a slight smile to the face of the apprentice.

Kaigann sat down across from his master as he patted the ground, he listened carefully as his master spoke of an issue concerning the Jedi Order itself. The apprentice slowly nodded, "I appreciate that master, how can I be of help? What troubles you?"

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
What troubles you?

The boy was concerned for him--it should have been the other way around. Graxin kicked himself for worrying Kai, the Padawan had enough to worry about with his own training. He did not need to doubt his master or worry about his emotional state. The Knight drew in a deep breath, and exhaled slowly, offering his student and friend a tired smile.

"The Order is...wrong. I hate to be blunt, but I see so many flaws--so many cracks in their teachings. The Jedi Order's duty is to help everyone, not only the Republic. Our calling is to bring order to the Chaos, not fight to preserve ourselves while ordinary citizens suffer...and we have no right to uplift ourselves above the citizenry, nor do we have the right to keep our working secret from the people we serve." Graxin rambled on. He normally had a sense of tact, but it seemed to have flown out the window.

"Kai, my student...I fear that the Order of the Republic has fallen beyond repair. The tenets of peace and harmony that we began with have been lost." Graxin bit down on his lower lip, and shook his head. "I disagree with the Order's recent decisions. I disagree with the council being dismantled. I disagree with Grayson being our Grandmaster, she is too you young and naive. She woman is barely older than you, Kai."

He drew in another deep breath, and regained his composure. "I apologize Kaigann...I don't mean to lose my control in front of you, but these thoughts have plagued me for quite some time."

[member="Kaigann Fossk"]

Kaigann pondered what words would come next from his master, it had taken him by surprise to hear him question the Order and it's recent decisions. At first he was shocked as any normal Jedi would be, his eyes widened but unlike the average stubborn Jedi, the padawan continued to listen without interruption. This man was his friend and mentor, he had not steered him wrong yet, he respected this man's opinion and would honor him by listening.

It was odd seeing his master like this, it was quite a different sight from the usual calm, collected self. Yet through the shroud his words stuck out in Kaigann's mind as he relayed the terrible events that had transpired over the past months. It was obvious, the Republic was failing. The Jedi Order was merely delaying the inevitable, it had fell before and was destined to fall again. Thinking back to his studies on Coruscant and his many hours spent in the Jedi Library, the Order had changed so much since it was first conceived.

Graxin's words stuck to him like fresh wet duracrete, it was true that the disbanding of the council was foolish. Leaving one Grandmaster to lead the Order through it's darkest days was troubling, and with the Republic's failings to act against the One Sith many former allies had defected to the enemy. Much had changed.

These were troubling thoughts, they betrayed his Jedi mindset. Or did they? Was the teachings of the Order the same as they once was? Had it become perverted in it's quest to protect the people of the Republic? His master was right they had a greater calling, they were not meant to save only those aligned with the Republic. They were the Jedi Order! Protectors of peace and justice in a galaxy of war!

The Galaxy needed them now more than ever and yet the call for such a protector remained unanswered...

"I. It's alright master. I too worry about the direction of the Order... I feel as though my thoughts betray me. I agree that the Order was meant for something greater.. we protect the rich and corrupt while innocents are left defenseless outside the Republic's influence. Perhaps I should have been born a member of the Old Republic..."

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
So the boy had similar thoughts? Good, then Graxin wasn't going completely insane. No doubt the majority of the Order would have expressed some disagreement, perhaps even disdain for Graxin's largely different opinion. Kaigann however, had noticed the issues, and why shouldn't he? Graxin had trained the boy since he left the temple, and it seemed those lessons were sticking.

The Knight shut his eyes for a moment, and breathed a quiet sigh. He sought comfort in the force, in the calm serenity of the Ashla. It was something he was becoming more and more accustomed too. Perhaps he would b---Corvetta. The woman crossed his mind for no apparent reason whatsoever. In a single second, Graxin was filled with a longing that could have been obsessive, mixed with a sharp sense of regret. Together, it created a painful concoction in his thoughts, and made him pause for a moment.

Another deep breath brought back his sense. He focused his sharp amber eyes on the Padawan, and shook his head. "Then we'd have to deal with politicians, a fate worse than death." He joked, trying to lighten the mood. "No, you were born now, as was I. There was a reason for that, like everything else. Kaigann, I believe our duties are away from the Jedi Order. I believe we and like minded individuals have to revive the old ways, and bring our wayward brethren back into the fold."

He offered a small smile. "Control of one's emotions should be enforced. The Council must be restablished. Seperation of the Order and state cannot continue. Relationships must be monitored to a degree, rather than letting people wildly indulge and lose themselves to the Dark Side." There was a short pause.

"I believe this burden falls on our shoulders, Kai, should you choose to follow me."

[member="Kaigann Fossk"]

Kaigann gazed downward at his hands as he fiddled with them trying to comprehend what he was saying. He had been a member of the Jedi Order as long as he could remember, he was raised by them, trained by them and now he held his doubts. The Order had strayed so far from it's original ways that it was almost sickening he remembered how much had changed, they were no long protectors they were only a bandage attempting to prevent the Republic from bleeding out.

Things had changed a great deal indeed.

His silence had broken with the introduction to some humor from his master to lighten the mood. He told him of his beliefs for the Order and how it now rested on them. Kaigann was inspired by Graxin's words but could it truly be done? Could they succeed where many failed?

The Silver Jedi broke off from the Republic with a noble cause such as theirs and yet they quickly became the very same as their predecessors in the Republic. Yet, without a reformation of some kind there would be nothing to stop the forces of darkness from proceeding further, nothing to stop the galaxy at war.

His master was different than many inside the Jedi Order, he was traditional in many ways and gave respect to others. He was a good man and a good friend, the padawan had grown to look up the figure in the short time they had been together. The galaxy needed more Jedi like Graxin Rade, it needed more, it deserved more. Kaigann let the silence sink in for a moment, he replied after a long pause.

"I will follow you my friend, let us change the galaxy for the better. Let us return to the ways of old, the way of the light shall once again shine upon this bleak, broken galaxy."

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
Graxin breathed a sigh of relief. So the boy would follow him? Good. The galaxy had need of new Jedi, and Kaigann would be one of the new Order's faces. Graxin had no doubt the boy would grow into a respectable Jedi Knight, and perhaps even a Master given time. It made the decision to leave the Order so much easier knowing his Padawan would follow him. There was much to be changed, and despite Graxin's ability, he would never be able to even begin to do it all alone.

"Then I will continue to teach you in those ways Kaigann. We will be reaching Ession relatively soon--but I must teach you something." He paused for a moment. "Your fighting style. I've observed it for some time. I feel a mixture of Soresu and Djem-so would best serve you. You understand the former, and I assume you've practiced. Now the latter. Djem-so requires great strength and powerful strokes. You overcome your enemy through skill and physical strength....it would suit you." Then, suddenly, Graxin thrust out with a telekinetic push.

It was enough to send the boy sprawling, if he did not pull up a force barrier first. It was a test to strengthen Kaigann's abilities. "Press the assault against me. Use your strength as a conduit for the force. A vassal for the force to guide as it sees fit." The Knight stood up, and ignited his twin blades.

[member="Kaigann Fossk"]

Kaigann rose from his seated position confident in his decision to stick with his master and the 'true' ways of the Jedi Order. He was presented with an opportunity to help shape the galaxy and the future of the Jedi Order, if they succeeded then the galaxy would be ushered into a new era of prosperity under the guidance of the Jedi. Balance would be restored to the galaxy at war, he allowed himself a moment to envision such a day.

"Then I will continue to teach you in those ways Kaigann. We will be reaching Ession relatively soon--but I must teach you something. "

Kaigann's gaze immediately fell on Graxin, "Ession? Wh... sorry." The padawan allowed his master to continue speaking, he didn't mean to interrupt but the details he had been told were vague. He would obviously be informed more when the time came, just moments ago Graxin had no knowledge of whether the padawan would leave or stay to fight beside him, that was surely the most important matter they had to deal with at the time after all.

Training? Excellent he was ready, his shoulder was still a bit sore from the battle but he could use some practice and knowledge was something that was always welcomed by Kaigann.

Listening to his master speak on what he observed and what he viewed would be a good pick of styles for him the padawan sudden found himself pushed back by a invisible force that emitted from his master himself. Falling backward before sliding across the ground, the padawan found that he had been caught offguard by their chat. Slowly the apprentice rose to his feet before initiating a Djem So stance, he moved in on his new target and lashed out with a handful of powerful slashing motions in an attempt to power through.

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
And so it began.The Knight stepped forward to meet his student's blade, cracking a small smile as he recognized the standard stance for Djem-so. So Kaigann had been doing his research--good. Graxin brought this twin blades up to catch each strike, holding the lightsabers dangerously close to his body each time he parried. Instead of taking a straight block, the Knight always rolled with each blow, allowing Kaigann's momentum to drive him on. Blocking one of the two handed blows of Djem-so would shatter the defense of his single-handed weapons, and leave him wounded or worse.

"Djem-so is strength, but it is also form. Look for flaws in my defense." He repelled an over handed strike with a grunt. "Overpower me. Find my weakness, expose it, and press on it. That is the surest way to victory."

Graxin's own style was a mixture of Niman and Soresu. A style he had worked many years to perfect. He twisted and whirled, smashing his twin blades against Kaigann's like an acrobat. He remained on the defensive to teach the boy, but it was clear, for the moment, he was in control. "Use your entire body, not just your blade. Your shoulders, your fists, your legs, they're all weapons for the Djem-so user."

[member="Kaigann Fossk"]

Djem So, a lightsaber combat form he had little experience in aside from the basics, he had learned much of what he used now against Graxin from his previous master before his untimely death. He took what he had learned from his battle against Trox and his training session on Ossus into account, he had learned to move with rhythm when he struck he moved to maintain his momentum.

Graxin, his master, managed to maintain control over the situation as he rolled off each blow. The hissing and lashing sounds of lightsabers meeting blade for blade continued as his master tutored him in the way of Djem So. Kaigann exhaled deeply as he continued his bladework, he studied Graxin, probing him for weak points he could perceive. He took to the words of the Jedi Knight as he began to implement such tactics in with his form.

Giving Graxin a moment of pause and space the padawan leapt to life once more on the offensive as he rose his lightsaber high above his head. Swinging downward he moved to follow up with a another strike to try and put pressure on his master's defense. In that moment he rose his leg upward attempting to kick his opponent back and exploit any weak points there after.

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
Swing, back up, lunge, duck, stab. A thousand thoughts ran through Graxin's mind as he dueled his Padawan, always careful to hold himself back. He would never unleash his full skill on the boy, not until they were equals. Still, the act of stopping himself from fighting to win was draining in a way. It made his movements sluggish.

The kick thudded heavy against his chest. The wind was sucked out of Graxin's lungs, and the Knight stumbled back a pace or so. He struggled to remain upright, and brought his twin blades up in an 'x' formation to defend himself. His lips pursed, and then morphed into a small smile. He was pleased.

There he remained for a split second, giving an opening to the Padawan.

[member="Kaigann Fossk"]

The Jedi Padawan continued to keep up his advance on Graxin after his kick landed with a heavy thud against his master's chest. He would not let up as his master stumbled back a step, he saw his chance to strike in the form of his master's defensive 'x' formation.

Kaigann opened himself up to the Force's embrace he allowed it to guide him in his next strike as he envisioned his earlier training with Graxin. The 'Art of Movement' called upon the Force to augment the physical speed and ability of the human body to perform incredible feats he would now attempt to call upon the Force to do something similar. He followed his master's earlier advice and attempted to augment his strength as he gripped his blade tightly with both hands wrapped around the blue hilted blade.

Letting the Force guide his blow, the padawan quickly unleashed a powerful underhanded upward swing in hopes of breaking the defense of Graxin before swinging downward with accumulated momentum in an attempt to get inside his defenses. His master was indeed a master of his craft so he doubted he would be able to harm the man or actually penetrate his defenses without 'aid' in this training session. He would attempt to stop the blow if he indeed did manage to get through his defenses through sheer luck or ability.

[member="Graxin Rade"]

Placeholder 0123

P
For the slightest fraction of a second, Graxi n elt regret. Regret for the Jedi Order. Regret for the way Darth Vulcanus had died. Regret for the lives of his friends lost in the New Order's implosion. It came to him like a massive wave, crashing into him with its thunderous weight. He almost fell from the sheer mass of it. It was a feeling of the force that resonated for one particular reason--he was crossing the threshold. This was him accepting the way things were.

Kaigann's blade crashed into Graxin's own just as the wave of emotion had shattered his defenses. The blue blade crackled as it made contact with that of gold and soulless black. The three lightsabers hissed and crackled with the short saber lock, and Graxin began to give ground. Whether Kaigann had actually overpowered him, or Graxin was simply putting on a show for the boy, was hard to tell.

Regardless, he let forth a subtle telekinetic push to put some space between himself and the boy. Then, he doused his twin blades, and hung them on his belt. "You understand the basics Kai." He stated hastily. "Good, continue practicing. We arrive on Ession soon....I need to speak with the Monitor."

Then, without waiting for a reply, the Knight whirled toward the door. He marched off, only halting for a moment in the doorway. "You will be a great Jedi one day. I know it."

Graxin took his leave.

[member="Kaigann Fossk"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom