Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will of The Damned

7aAv2Mc.jpg

Korriban

The birthplace of the sith, it has endure ages after age in the wheel of time, it has seen empires rising and falling, lords ascending beyond mortal ambition and apprentices perish at the before the merciless revenge of the fate. It is on this planet where Jaedan's ship lands, in the proximity of an arena, a ruin of a legacy long gone. It is only fitting that the apprentice's training begins here where that of many others begun before him, whatever owner the planet may have, whatever name it may now carry, it is and it will always be home of the true sith.

He left the ship stepping on the "red" earth and walking towards the arena, he addressed his apprentice "It was the desire of the dark jedi that came here... To leave a mark upon the world to rival any god's. However anyone would wish to call it, whatever words are spoken, you stand on Korriban, apprentice, the homeworld of the sith species and the birthplace of the first sith. It is here where the dark lords begun their quest for power and established an idea nobody was able to refute."

Proceeding to the middle of the arena, Jaedan looked back as if making sure Reaper was following then continued.

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Force shall free me."

He could not help but think of those who do not see the sith code as he does and so feels forced to explain Reaper what exactly was happening out there through his eyes, why it is mandatory he learns from none of them.

"The misinterpretation of these words has led to heretical beliefs, The Sith Empire that exists now, The Galactic Empire, the sith within their ranks are not real sith... They and the First Order act the same because they are the same. Force users hungering for the power of the dark side of the force, the young, the old, men, women or children, they slaughter the weak claiming to be strong... It is an abomination. Strength does not come from senseless killing, only by defeating the strong can you become stronger. When all a person does is to fall prey to fleeting desires, a slave is all that they are... All they will ever be. No power, no strength, no victory, no freedom."

Jaedan stopped and turned around to face Reaper. The silence of the place might have been unsettling for some, yet he seemed to either not notice or not care.

"Power is a means to an end, Reaper, just like the force it is a weapon, a tool that exists to do your bidding. Control it or it will inevitably control you."

Before becoming or fighting something, it is necessary to understand it, to understand what is going on around you, only then can you make a rational decision on what you want.

"On the other side of the spectrum you have the jedi, divided in dozens of orders of light, unable to comprehend the threat these people represent, ignorant and passive, not many of them actually stand against these pretenders. The more they are allowed to continue their cycle of madness, the closer the galaxy will be to destruction. Whatever you may wish to obtain, whatever path you will choose, whatever goal you will pursue is destined to be in vain for at the end of their journey, all they leave in their wake are ashes and dust."

One cannot rule if there is nothing to rule, one cannot gain power if there is no power to gain, one cannot save if there is nothing left to save, it was the way things were to Jaedan, after this it is about time for the training to begin, he would first wait to see what Reaper has to say or if he had any questions, he would not be surprised if he felt it was confusing.

[member="Sarvus Reaper Varux "]

After arriving on the planet that was Korriban Reaper stepped out of the ship with his Master after stepping out of the ship his Master started telling him where he was which turned out to be the Sith home world. Reaper then listened while keeping up with his master as he then recited the Sith code but then said that the Sith that were part of the Empire and First Order misinterpreted the code. While walking Reaper listened as he was told to not let power control you but control it along with that the only way to gain strength is to defeat someone stronger rather then killing senslesy. When Jaedan finished what he needed to explain it was Reaper's turn to say something. "I see so the Sith were once an ancient race that once lived here but now are no where to be found, I understand that killing senslessly is not the way to power only defeating the strong will you gain power but to control that power is another task in itself so my question is how do you control the force and any other type of power with out it controlling you and forgive me Master if what I say might sound like a dumb comment I don't mean it to be dumb" Reaper said to his master after they arrived at the arena.

"I'm guessing this arena is where my training begins" Reaper said in a question like statement while starring at the old colosseum type building. He was impressed with this place even though through the force it felt dark very very dark which Reaper didn't mind that much. "The Dark Side is strong here" Reaper thought to himself while staring at the place where he will begin his traning. "What type of training will it be master" Reaper asked curious as to what he will learn. For some reason this planet reminded him of Tatooien seeing as it's a dessert planet as well but this place was much darker then Tatooien but enough about that it was time for Reaper to focus on his training.

[member="Jaedan Fray"]

And now the apprentice arrived at the question not many thought to ask "how do you control power?" he shook his head slowly, there was nothing stupid in this, no shame, for knowledge was something one should always strive for.

"Answers rarely come to those who do not seek them, the fool stands amidst the sheep always happy and aloof. The wise goes wherever he may, troubled and curious, the fool wonders sometimes, the wise wonders always."

Leaving the lecture aside and hoping he was listened, Jaedan made a few steps hands held together at the back "How do you control power? I can say... The way you can control anything else." He begun, Reaper's question brought up another one of the teachings Jaedan held in high regard and thought he should learn it from his first day "You can see the earth, it's varied color, you can touch it, feel it's texture... In a dream you can do just the same, people render judgements based on senses, yet we are ultimately unable to tell what is the nature of our reality. You cannot feel death when you live because it would mean to no longer feel, you cannot feel death when you are dead because you can no longer feel. Yet death exists."

Kneeling down, he grabs reddish dust with his right hand as if to make a point then rises back up, his expression still blank and devoid of emotions as it always was. "So many things we cannot be sure of, so many things always unclear... All things but one. During your greatest of challenges, when facing your greatest fears, when doubts wash over you know this: Your will is real. We exercise it every day, every action we do is a result of our will. It is through the power of your will you will manage to control the force, to control your power and overcome your limits."

Allowing the dust to fall on Korriban's soil, he glances towards his apprentice with an inquisitive look "The power of will is the only power that can never cease from growing, it is the only well from which you can draw endlessly..."

Reaper listened to what his Master said while listening he took his master's words to heart as he stored his master's teachings to a part of his brain where he would always remember them. "I see master and I understand, I will always remember what you have taught me, now what's the purpose of the arena and this planet what else am I supposed to learn here, if I'm to fight you or something else I have no wea" As Reaper was about to say the last part of the question portion of what he said he realized that he in fact had a weapon which was the force. "I'm ready to continue with my training master" he told Jaedan while focusing on what the next part of his training whatever it is. Reaper started to take in his surroundings just to be sure that there was no danger close by. As he used the force to feel his surroundings he started to hear foot steps competing towards them.

Before Reaper could say anything to his master like a Warning, two lightsabers were ignighted and the next thing that happened the two figures were behind them. The next thing Reaper knew was that his instinct took over which told him to steal the Lightsaber and use it. Soon before Reaper's opponent could act his lightsaber had been removed from his grasp. The cloaked figure turned to see Reaper with his lightsaber in hand. Reaper had a choice he could of killed the man but his master said that killing wasn't always required so Reaper then used the force to knock the unarmed opponent out.

After seeing this the other cloaked figure charged at Reaper as he swung his lightsaber which forced Reaper to be on the defensive. As their lightsabers clashed Reaper spent this time studying his,opponent's fighting style. Once Reaper figured it out he then used the force to push the attacker back and with that it was Reaper's turn to be on the offensive. Reaper's attacks were quick and ruthless but a little sloppy but before the cloaked figure could do anything he was disarmed. "Good you are worthy of the Dark side maybe you can bring the Sith back into power" a mysterious voice said to Reaper as the two men he had fought vanished along with their lightsabers. "What the hell was that all about" Reaper said aloud while wondering what event had just happened.

[member="Jaedan Fray"]

"I'm ready to continue with my training, master"

The words were floating to him, but Jaedan's attention was channeled towards something else, there was a presence here, something he hadn't felt up until now... Then it happened, someone attempted to strike at his apprentice, he reached for his lightsaber immediately but brought himself to a halt before engaging, there was something wrong with these people, he couldn't tell what. It seemed however that the apprentice's instincts were on the right track, he was handling himself pretty well which made it likely he had some sort of experience fighting.

Jaedan walked up beside him as the unwelcome guests disappeared, a slight frown formed on his face for a second before it returned back to being blank "Korriban was home to many sith before us." he repeated himself "While many have died, there were also those which's spirits refused to become part of the force and still cling to life usually bound by an object or a place which they can never leave... I told you of the power of will, apprentice, this is one of it's effects. Just as it influences emotions, it can be influenced by them."

He made a short pause before continuing, he wasn't sure what this truly was, but it was a likely reason, at least one of them "They don't need a body to hurt you, so be wary." Although he may not show it, he was surprised, such things were not day-to-day occurrences, what was putting him on guard was the fact he was unable to feel whatever this was before and neither is he now...

"You did not attempt to kill him..." he remarked, to him it was a sign Reaper could control himself, think logical and which is more- Listen. "If it helps your goal, you kill, if it helps your goal, you allow to live. Nothing should be done senselessly... And I see you understand."

Jaedan could see the potential in him, he still had a lot to learn, but could become a true sith. Still on alert after what just happened, Jaedan was reluctant to leave mostly because whatever or whoever that was did not seem to want them gone.

"I see so they're spirits of Sith past its weird I still feel like someone's watching us but I don't know who, we should keep our guard up now can we check out the arena" Reaper said as he nodded about the killing part of his master's words. Soon Reaper started makeing his way towards the arena he made sure to walk at a pace so his master could keep up. When his master caught up with him Reaper got ready to speak again holding he doesn't talk off his master's ear. "So master what can you tell me about yourself I'm interested in learning all I can about you but if you don't want to tell me then that's fine" Reaper said to him as they walked next to each other. While walking Reaper waited to see if his master would tell him about himself or if Jaedan wouldn't feel comfortable about revealing his past to his apprentice which was fine for Reaper.

[member="Jaedan Fray"]

Jaedan followed beside the curios apprentice, truth be told he never talks about his past and with good reason, what Reaper had yet to learn is that trust should be one of the most expensive things in the world, or at least that's what he thought. Of course precisely because of that he was willing to give up some information... After all he did want Reaper's trust.

"I have not always been a sith, that is for sure and I have not been born among the pretenders that now overwhelm the galaxy. I have never met my parents... and I grew up to never actually want to. The man that raised me was educated, he valued knowledge above everything else and taught me to do the same... I've learned a lot from him and I looked up to him as I was growing up. He was no force user yet knew more about the force than some of them, that I could admire, to have an interest for something you can barely experience and understand..."

Holding his hands at the back once more, Jaedan looked around the place as if scanning it for any strange activity, he hasn't forgotten and nor does he plan to let his guard down "I cannot however say I loved the man... My father. Why I was never sure... Maybe because I never felt he loved me. I was not the only child he had and I knew his love and attention was always directed to the other one... To my brother... To be fair I didn't hate it one bit... It was giving me a lot of freedom, the chance to gather knowledge on my own and experience things I might not be allowed otherwise. That is how I my journey towards becoming a sith begun, actually."

"I see very interesting so who trained you in the ways of the Sith or did you find that path on your own" Reaper said as part of what he said was a question. "One more thing what order are you apart of or am I not ready to know that yet" Reaper wondered as they got closer to the arena which would now be about another ten minutes or so away from their location. As they walked Reaper kept his guard up just in case more of those Sith spirits attack them. "If you want to know anything about me then ask me and I'll do my best to answer any questions that you may have" Reaper offered his Master while still keeping his guard up he saw that it was faire to give his master equal information that was given to him. As they approached the arena Reaper thought he saw something out of the corner of his left eye but didn't know what the hell it is or who the hell it was.

[member="Jaedan Fray"]

Walking side by side with the apprentice, Jaedan looks forward, there was a slight hint of determination in his eyes this time, he might be expressing himself rarely but when he does he doesn't mean to. His lips opened once more "The path I did find myself, but I wasn't entirely alone when following it... not really."

Without expanding further on the subject, he proceeded to answer the second question, it was probably about time he told Reaper of the true sith... The only remaining sith "I am part of the New Sith Order, apprentice and our existence is probably no longer a secret after we begun showing ourselves to the world. Even so I guess not many heard as of yet and of those who did not many care... I prefer it that way. I haven't told them about you yet but if you truly intend to join the order I should take you to meet them eventually. The New Sith Order is the old sith order. We follow the ways of the ancient sith, ways considered evil and twisted by most... You must be mindful of who you let know what you are, if you do at all."

It would seem however that it was his turn to find out more and information was his friend "I would be content with whatever you'd want to tell me. Your history for example."

"The New Sith Order huh sounds like an interesting group to meet and the way I see it like I said before I could care less about the whole light and dark good and evil aspects I just see the two sides as different forms of teaching is all" Reaper said to him just as he then heard his master ask about his past which Reaper had almost no memory of at this time. "You want to know my past well Master you'll only get a very small part of my past seeing as I don't remember much from my past" he told his master while trying to find some bits and pieces of his memories holding he could give his master something. "The small thing I can somewhat remember is that I was on this planet can't remember the name of it but all I can remember was being challenged by someone which the duel ended badly as I passed out with only seeing a blinding flash of light along with pain that's all I can get" Reaper said as his head started hurting him which he ignored as they were now only five minutes from the Arena. Just as they made it to the entrance of the Arena while Reaper remained silent trying to ignore the pain his head was causing him but soon that silence would stop just as an ancient Sith spirit appeared. "Who are you and why have you come here speak now before I grow impatient" The Sith spirit said to them which caused Reaper to focus on the threat at hand.

[member="Jaedan Fray"]

Jaedan glanced long into the distance as he listened, a loss of memory, that was interesting, perhaps it was something that could be used for his training even.

"Do not worry too much about it your memories will be regained, we shall get to that too eventually."

He was somewhat proud of his apprentice's way of thinking, he actually managed to understand what this was all about, not the light side, not the dark, only the force, only victory. It was something he always pondered over and there was only one answer his mind could possibly give.

"...And I must say this is how you should think about the force. The light does not matter, the dark does not matter, nothing else matters, there is only the force. And we are it's masters."

As they came closer, the apparition revealed itself once more before them. Just like before he wasn't sure of this one's intentions, if it truly was a spirit, he couldn't help but be cautious, these were powerful even in death.

"I am sith, I came here to teach my apprentice the ways of the sith." He replied calmly.

"I see but I still want you to prove yourself" the Sith spirit said to Jaedan who told the spirit that he's a Sith and Reaper is his apprentice. "I also want to test Reaper as well l want to see if you have what it takes to train the future of the Sith and as for your apprentice I want to see if he has what it takes to lead the Sith to power" the spirit said to the two Sith who he was talking to. "What would you like us to do" Reaper asked the spirit who was blocking the entrance to the arena. "Through this door is the arena and that's where I will begin testing both of you" the spirit explained even though Reaper thought that the spirit was hiding something but just shrugged it off. "And as for your master I want to see if he's worthy to train the future of the Sith's ascension to power" the spirit finished what he was going to say to them but still didn't leave from where he was standing.

[member="Jaedan Fray"]

He kept staring at the apparition with no apparent change of expression, such spirits could be extremely dangerous if they wanted and caution was required. He was half expecting this to be a trap, there were enough things he could think of that this ghost could want. It was likely that if he they refuse, the ghost's wrath will be incited which would inevitably lead to a fight, however if this is a trap, something which he expects, then there were several ways he could turn things around.

The deadliest of enemies is that which you can never even see "A show of force, then, that is what you require? Let us waste no more time, then."

To train the future of the sith, what an interesting perception, was that the vibe he gave or merely what the spirit desired? He couldn't figure, he would do what the spirit demanded... For now.

"If you're ready then step on in" the spirit said as it then vanished and reappeared to the side of the entrance to the arena. Reaper then made his way into the arena "Don't forget to pick up something in the arena young apprentice it will help you greatly" the Sith spirit told Reaper. Reaper took that to mind as he made his way into the arena wondering what he'll find inside. After spending a short time walking Reaper looked to be in a room that combatants of the arena prepared themselves for combat. Once inside there was a small box that said "For the one who wants to prove himself but doesn't own a weapon of his own open the box and use the blades of old" after reading the words written on the box he opened it to see two strange looking lightsabers which Reaper took out of the box and ignited them which they both now had a crimson glow as they hummed.

[member="Jaedan Fray"]

Jaedan stepped in alongside his apprentice, he followed him as he chose his weapons, two lightsabers, was he planing to use them both? "Interesting choice." he said inspecting the lightsabers with his eyes. Fighting with two lightsabers was indeed a very effective method yet it required a lot of training and discipline, he saw his apprentice could use his instincts and force sense in a fight yet was somehow skeptical he would be able to be just as effective with two weapons.

"If you are not ambidextrous, it would be the case to become, as much one would be able to do with those, they require you to have both hands just as effective in order to properly master the art." Jaedan might be fighting with only one lightsaber, yet he had his share of knowledge regarding this style, "Sensing where and when the enemy will strike is a basic ability all jedi and sith know and use, focus on that while fighting whatever that spirit throws at us, it will save your life as long as you remember that this comes with swift coordination on your part. And if you plan on using both lightsabers, remember this advice: Never strike in the same place with both, you have two, use them as two."

Reaper listened to what his master said and was about to answer when a blaster bolt came towards his master's head. Reaper quickly blocked the blaster bolt with one of the two lightsabers which sent the blaster fire back to the owner. "Its best that we focus now master we'll talk later" Reaper said as he then threw the other lightsaber at the group of enemies which were taken down with ease. Just as Reaper caught the lightsaber he threw as it made its way back to him two Sith lords entered the battlefield with their lightsaber drawn. "Shit seems like the spirit eat her wants us dead or is seeing if we can handle ourselves with a tough opponent" Reaper said as the Sith Lord charged towards him. Soon their lightsabers clashed against each other as sparks flew as Reaper and his opponent attacked fiercely as Reaper remembered what his master told him he used one lightsaber for defense and the other for attack and vise versa.

[member="Jaedan Fray"]

It didn't take long for the real challenge to begin, he could see his apprentice coming forward to protect him from an incoming attack, as weird as it would be, Jaedan's face remained still and unchanged only his legs giving the closest thing to a hint that he was planing to dodge. Without delaying any further he ignited his lightsaber and walked towards the not yet engaged opponent. His eyes stared at him while sometimes gazing towards his apprentice's fight, it was likely this was some sort of illusion just like before, nonetheless it was the kind that could kill. The enemy sith struck with his lightsaber aiming for his face, yet Jaedan swiftly pulled his upper side of his body back dodging the incoming attack.

He seized this chance and swung his weapon at the enemy who followed his example and dodged, it was only the beginning of a fast paced clashing of lightsabers from which none of them dared to back away. Jaedan's attacks were calculated as he aimed to find a weak point in the enemy's defense, he would bring forth one attack after the other in his pursuit for victory, yet in his eyes or on his face was still nothing to be found.

As time passed the duel raged on as Reaper continued fighting against his opponent who was strong but Reaper knew that he must find away to beat the Sith Lord he was facing. The Sith Lord started to get the upper hand as their sabers clashed. For a split second Reaper took his eyes off of his opponent which was a mistake on his part as he felt the Sith's lightsaber burn through his left arm. Ignoring the pain Reaper fought to regain the upper hand he had lost from his mistake. As Reaper fought he finally disarmed the Sith Lord he was fighting.

As he pointed his lightsabers at the disarmed Sith Lord who just smirked and the next thing Reaper knew was that a surge of electricity coursed through his body. The Sith Lord continued using force lightning on Reaper who did his best to fight through the pain. Reaper stood back up after dropping to a knee as lightning continued surging through his body. Reaper used his lightsabers to try and block the force lightning which it did as Reaper used the force to turn the force lightning back on to the one who used the power originally which caused the Sith Lord to vanish as Reaper dropped to one knee as electricity moves through his body from the tale end of that attack. Soon Reaper stood back up as he was still weakened some by being electrocuted by the force.

[member="Jaedan Fray"]

The fight between the sith continued, Jaedan continued to block and strike back at his opponent who showed no hint of getting tired or being impressed. It didn't seem to matter to him either way, he suddenly changed the strategy dodging an incoming attack then stepped forward hitting the back of the sith's knee striking at the now kneeling individual. He parried then rotated his lightsaber leaving a scratch that cuts through Jaedan's clothes. The sith seized the opportunity and went back on his feet trying to regain his advantage, the fight begun to be more intense as Jaedan threw occasional glances at his apprentice yet had no time to study the situation.

Jaedan's fight became more and more intense with faster movement and reactions, the sounds of clashing lightsabers were now dominating their surroundings. Slowly though, Jaedan seemed to begin and loose control of where the fight was going, it became gradually harder for him to parry or dodge taking small hits here and there scratches in different places until eventually the enemy sith kicked him in the abdomen making him fall one the ground, his lightsaber flying from his hand, it's crimson beam disappearing.

Jaedan slowly touched the dirt with his hands getting on his knees as the sith approached him with the expression he both expected and awaited. It was a symbol meant to show his content, he didn't need to use the force for this, he could see it clearly: entitlement, pride...

"Arrogance..."

His head bowed down while the sith approached him, spoke no word and made no move, only waited. Not far was his apprentice seeming to have some trouble of his own, struggling to resist his opponent. Jaedan was breathing heavily, his eyes trying hard to see the silhouette before him "Your resistance was insignificant..." The sith begun "You are master to no apprentice, you are weak... A mere shadow cast by mistake in the wheel of time."

The sith raised his lightsaber ready to strike him down, in that moment, the fallen lightsaber returned to Jaedan's hand swiftly, his head raised so that his eyes may gaze upon his fate. He aprried, muscles on his legs pushing him up forward as he consecutively swings his lightsaber at his right arm then his right leg ending up by stabbing the enemy in the back. His surprised face was likely there, yet Jaedan could not see it, nor did he care to.

Did this creature think he would be that weak? If it hadn't been for his arrogance, he might have questioned his resolve, or was it another of the spirit's tests or traps? it did not seem so. The less this being knew of his fighting ways the better, and trickery was the best way to conceal them.

He pulled out his lightsaber allowing the the body to turn into fog then disappear. Jaedan turned towards his apprentice unsure of what has happened during these events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom