Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Wild West themed SW adventures

I've been wanting to do some stuff with alt/sub characters in the fringes of space. Real down and dirty Wild West influenced stuff and all the tropes that go with it. Steampunk influences would be a cool twist as well.

I was looking at the map and found Smarteel, a desert planet in Wild Space. The location itself is canon, but there is precious little information on it. Which makes it perfect for a setting with limitless options.

Smarteel had its share of outlaws who called this planet their home and who dealt in illegal trade.

This line hooked me in. Also, I was reading up on one of the factions, Judges of The Outer Rim. That is the flavor I'm looking for. I also got interest from reading up on The Bounty Hunter's Guild.

Let's make a wretched hive of scum and villainy. Discussion and ideas are welcome.
7kEgb22.png

I'd like to avoid large faction stuff if possible, there are other threads for that. But that doesn't mean somebody can't have some kind of "company mining town" or something, but for the most part it's independent of the Republic, Empire, etc. Local Sheriffs and other magistrates would be cool, like the Judges faction. I specifically chose Smarteel because it's far removed from civilization as we know it, which explains the general state of affairs.

That's the general idea. The only law comes out of the end of a blaster.

That's not to say we can't have a force user show up, but that is something I think should be used sparingly.

of course, anyone who wants to romp is welcome, though I'm still in the process of ideas

we need places common to the western trope; saloon, general store, gambling house, etc.

colorful characters are a must, no shortage of that around here

Glad to see you expanding your resume Saija Kwann Saija Kwann I think you've got a cool idea. I once tried to fit Cassus into an order called the Wardens of the Sky when ORC was still active, but didn't manage to make it work.

As you've probably discovered I am kinda a slow poster, but I come in waves. When just the right moment hits I release a lot of posts at once. So I'll say that I'm interested but can't promise my participation right now lol

brainstorming:

One crazy idea for a story could be a Star Wars version of the 49'er San Francisco Gold Rush... this would unleash all kinds of potential story for pretty much everybody who can make history fit into a sci-fi setting. I kind of want to watch a documentary on it again...

Gotta do a train robbery. I liked that scene in Solo but our version can have speeder bikes and swoops charging alongside the hover-train

Tournament story - One of my favorite movies is The Quick and The Dead. All it needs is a Star Wars twist of some kind to make it unique and fun. Could also make a gambler's tournament too (Maverick is another classic), something non-lethal so PC's aren't killing each other, I know people don't want to die.

Local gang terrorizing the people - A common trope in Western movies and TV shows, it could be a Hutt Cartel or other posse of evil-doers. Crime is a way of life here, but these people are starting to rock the boat and need taken down a notch if not taken out altogether.

Maybe there's some Jedi/Sith ruins on the planet, which would be a plot vehicle for a force-user to join.

I like the idea of a crappy, evil corporation that has set up shop on the planet and they're exploiting the locals. They don't even pay money, they're compensated with company 'scrip' and live more like peons than actual employees.

Space missionaries decide to bring the good news to Smarteel. They want to set up a mission out in a crappy place and need some hired guns to protect them until they can build their space church.

Comments and ideas welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom