Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wicca flying broomstick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swiffer-WetJet.jpg

Image Source: Swiffer WetJet

Intent: To provide a personal flying means of transportation

Development Thread: Bras and broomsticks

Manufacturer: Ringovinda StarYards

Model: W-8BEN "Wicca" flying broomstick

Affiliation: Open Market

Modularity: No

Production: Mass-Produced.

Material: Duraplast, standard repulsorlift components

Role: Personal transportation

Height: 20 cm

Length: 65 cm (fully retracted)/1.77m (fully extended)

Width: 37 cm

Weight: 15 kg

Minimum Crew: 1

Optimal Crew: 1

Propulsion: Repulsorlift

Top Speed: 350 kph

Armaments: None

Squadron Count: 18

Passenger Capacity:

• 0 (human/Near-Human-sized)
  • 1 (Jawas, Ewoks, and other species of similar size)
  • 7-20 (20cm-tall As-Aki)
Cargo Capacity: 10 kg

Misc. Equipment:

- Mini tractor beam
- Repulsorlift generator

Strengths:

- Long range
- Lightweight

Weaknesses:

- Fragile; one blaster shot and a Wicca is blasted off the sky
- Depending on the species of the rider, it may be unable to carry passengers other than its rider
- Impossible to wield two-handed weapons when riding one
- No autopilot

Description: The Wicca is a broomstick that is primarily steered with the handle, while the bottom pad serving also as a footrest while in flight. One hand must remain on the handle at all times, ruling out any two-handed activity when one is flying it. The Wicca also features a small tractor beam capable of hoisting up to 10 kg of cargo underneath the broomstick. It can carry one sentient up to 200 kg in mass, thanks to its retractable handle capable of accommodating many sentient species ranging from the Jawas, Ewoks to the Wookiees or Muuns. While most human and Near-Human species would be unable to carry passengers except for young children, Jawas, Ewoks and similarly-sized species can carry one adult as a passenger, or perhaps two. As-Aki could actually use it as a bus. In order to save weight, duraplast is used in most components of the chassis. It can be flown for about six or seven hours before needing to refuel. When not in flight, it can be used as a blindman's cane or as a walking stick. Special cleaning tissues, sold separately, allow the Wicca to actually sweep surfaces clean.

Primary Source: N/A

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Charzon Loulan"]
I find it hard to believe that this can carry two people and 100kg of cargo. That would make this broom capable of carrying almost 250 kg total on a broom....
please make this something more like 10 kg

How many extra dev posts do I need to maintain the 100 kg cargo capacity with 1 human-sized sentient on it? I already have 21 at this stage...

You seemed to think as though it could carry two adult humans/Near-Humans (the driver and a passenger). Here's the breakdown of passenger capacity by species:
  • 0 (human/Near-Human-sized)
  • 1 (Jawas, Ewoks, and other species of similar size)
  • 7-20 (20cm-tall As-Aki)
[member="Reshmar"]

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Charzon Loulan"]
your trying to get the cargo capacity of a fighter craft on a broom. it just is not possible. 10kg would be pushing it with 2 people on it.

Charzon Loulan said:
The Wicca also features a small tractor beam capable of hoisting up to 100 kg of cargo underneath the broomstick.

Charzon Loulan said:
Now I have modified the cargo capacity of the broomstick for 10 kg rather than 100...
As noted, remove the 100 KG cargo capacity or this is not approvable. No amount of development is going to allow a mop utilizing repulsorlift to carry 100 KG of cargo.

Charzon Loulan said:
Weight: 7 kg

Charzon Loulan said:
Top Speed: 350 kph
I'm having trouble believing that a 7 KG broom - or mop - that is powered by repulsorlift or not is capable of reaching 350 KM/H with something the size of a wookiee sitting on it. The 7 KG mass of the vehicle includes the size of the repulsorlift engine as well, and the fact that - all together - it's only 7 KG means the repulsorlift engine needs to be nearly minute in size.

I apologize for this, but after watching this submission for a little bit the concept of a broom in a star wars universe is a bit outlandish. Understandably if it was for novelty / a toy then I'd be a bit more open to it. For it to be used as a legit vehicle, is in violation of one of the rules of the Factory and Codex.

7. All submissions need to conform to the general idea of Star Wars. No Gundam Wings, no Transformers.

Flying brooms is more of a fantasy thing pertaining to wand waving wizards and witches, not Star Wars. The concept is good, but fitting into the realm of what we are writing in it doesn't actually fit. [member="Charzon Loulan"] Please make the necessary edits to rework this, but conceptually I have to deny this based on that its not 'Star Wars'...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom