Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Is This Restricted (OOC talk about restricted items}

• Stygium Crystal we all know pretty much know what they do but for those of you who do not here is a brief read out ::Stygium crystals were a type of rare crystals that were used to power stealth systems for star ships. The cloaking technology of the Carrion Spike, the personal corvette of Moff Wilhuff Tarkin, ran on stygium crystals, Stygium was a type of crystal only found on Aeten II and Maramere.

• The Galactic Republic, in 22 BBY, passed a law controlling the trade of stygium, as it was a crystal that, when used properly, could entirely cloak a vehicle. In the Galactic Republic's early years these devices were common, since Aeten II held an abundance of them. These vehicles included the Scimitar, Darth Maul's ship, which carried an array of stygium crystals in its long prow.

• Darth Vader's secret apprentice, codenamed Starkiller, utilized stygium crystals in his ship, the Rogue Shadow, which used a cloaking device.

• During the events from the capture of the Tantive IV to the Battle of Endor, Grand Admiral Martio Batch sent an Empire superweapon to Aeten II, the Tarkin. There, the Tarkin blew open the planet to reveal its stygium core.
  • Using the crystals and the original stygium implementation, he started the Phantom TIE project. However, saboteurs from the Rebel Alliance destroyed the project and Batch fled. The use of stygium crystals stopped after the creation of the New Republic, although they were still available from Aeten II.

• There was also an entire island on Maramere composed of the crystals, which made it invisible to scanners. Since the island was also covered with the fog surrounding the Haunted Strait, the island was also invisible to the eye, making it the perfect hideout for Sol Sixxa.

• Stygium lightsaber
  • In its pure crystal form, it was known to be suitable for use as a light saber crystal. It was known that when refined Stygium was mounted on a personalized light saber and wielded by a Force-sensitive, the natural cloaking attributes of the crystal would augment the power of a stealth-minded Jedi in remaining unseen.

i get that stealth technology in role play gives people a unfair advantage but its not until you dig into the legends you find out the crystal actually create the stealth fields , the crystals are not the power source like the canon lore suggests they create the stealth fields.
Sometimes it is great to stick to the canon source of your rp but these items have no disadvantages nothing says they flicker in stealth or require any forms of power generation because like many other canon crystals a stealth emission field is a natural side effect of the crystal, So i just read that again in there natural state they can not be found be technology and once they have been refined they make things invisible. That is seriously OP

see thats the big difference between canon and legends canon suggests it only powers the stealth legends says it is the stealth field. In role play writers or role players what ever you want to call it like to stay as close as possible to the canon lore but certain things the wise Moderators of chaos have seen fit to say hey thanks not going to work in role play even if it is canon.

I think the planets that hold this substance or any other potential forms of stealth technology should be wiped out holographic emitters are not so bad people are no undetectable or invisible but once you cross that line into you CAN NOT do this because of my tech it kinda wet blankets the role play, when you have items with no general weakness. That is Just my opinion i opened this thread to hear what everyone thinks about all the restricted items and perhaps you know of a few things that should be restricted i an sure the moderators would love to hear your opinions please tell me your thoughts. Not A Moderator Just another typist but i am curious what other people think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom