Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are you really? [Manda'lore]

The shift caught Mia off guard and she stumbled as the Manda'lor's elbow caught her shoulder making her stumble away from him. Her hand coiled round the blaster at her hip and she turned once more, pointing it at his head. It would be so easy, to pull the trigger to kill, him remove him from her mind but something stopped her.

The voice wasn't Daxton's. Mia blinked and the world shifted around her, she took half a step back from him as Daxton's face melted away. Her hands moved to clutch her head and she closed her eyes. "Osik" she breathed opening them again "I'm sorry...I haven't had an episode like that for a while...what you said...what he did..." she shook her head tears welling in her eyes.

Her hands were trembling, her eyes flicked from one place to the next her fear palpable as she looked at every shadow as if expecting him to come at her. "Haar'chak!" she lowered her hands holstering her blaster "How the hell am I supposed to get work like this?" She kept her distance from the manda'lor, unsure if she was completely in control again.

Emberli gave the woman a disappointed glare, his attention shifting from weapon to her and back before she let it go to cradle her head. She was still broken. If it was broke, you fixed it. She'd clearly not been getting the help she needed.

He knew it wasn't a quick process, but Emberli was of the firm belief that if you wanted to do something, you'd do it. Therefore, if she wasn't fixed... she wasn't trying hard enough.

But he couldn't say that aloud.

Moving forward with surprising speed for someone so large, he took a firm hold of her shoulders and did the one thing she probably wasn't expecting... he embraced her.

He wrapped his arms right around her and pulled her in close. It wasn't out of romantic feeling, but out of a desire to comfort her. Yes it was slightly awkward.

"Mia... just stop worrying... alright. You're family. I will never hurt you. But you've gotta move on. If you aren't ready to work then don't work. But if you aren't going to work, interact with more people. Let them get to know you.

You're no good to anyone like this."

It wasn't an insult; just the truth, and she'd know it.

Mia's grip tightened on her blaster as he moved forward, though she did not pull it from her holster. She stiffened in his embrace, the physical contact panicking her somewhat, but she forced herself to let go of her blaster and gingerly hugged him back, her forehead resting on his shoulder. The coolness of his amour was somewhat soothing and slowly she relaxed.

"I know." she said softly, drawing back from the embrace, wiping her face and taking in a deep breath, exhaling slowly she let go of her anger. "I think you just caught me off guard. That was the last thing I expected from you." she let out a small chuckle and shook her head and looking away towards the forest. "I don't know how else to get rid of him, except to lock down on all my emotions."

Emberli took a step back, brow furrowed a bit. "Most awkward physical contact I've ever had." That was probably saying something. "But... don't lock your emotions down. I was like that once, and I was miserable without realizing it."

Shaking his head a bit, he steps forward and just places a single hand on her shoulder to squeeze it. "Just let go. Start fresh. Forget. It won't be that easy, but you've got the fortitude. You're still kickin' after all."

Mia couldn't help but laugh at his statement of the awkwardness of the embrace. "Yeah, lets not do that again." She looked back at him and shook her head.

"I can't forget. He ruined me, in every way you can possibly imagine. You don't just forget that." She moved back towards the house picking up her drink and finishing it, before refilling the glass and flopping back into the chair.

"Mando'ad draar digu. A Mandalorian never forgets. No...I want to remember what he did to me, so when I finally catch the shabuir I can make him suffer before I kill him."

"You know what I meant.", he says with a smirk before he sits himself down in the grass, instead of in the chair. "Let me tell you something; when I failed my first mission, long ago... I not only failed it. I was eaten alive by Vong biots. I lost somethin' like 40% of my flesh and the vast majority of my blood."

He shifts his gaze back to her. "You know why I lived? I refused to let myself fail again. I'd take my revenge on that Vong, and I'd show him it ain't that easy to off me. Revenge is a good motivator to not die... but it's a terrible reason to continue to live."

Mia gave him a sad smile "Right now, I'm struggling to find anything else to live for."

"I'm not one to wallow in self pity, but I lost the one thing that meant anything to me a long time ago. Ever since my father died I've been living for the sake of living. I move from one planet to the next, taking jobs, smuggling, raiding tombs, doing whatever there is to be done to make myself a few credits and for what?"

"Yes we're family. Yes I would die for anyone of the people on this planet, but my family doesn't know me. They just think they do. And now? Now half of them treat me like i'm fragile, while the other half won't look me in the eye." she looked at the glass in her hand for a moment, as if expecting the answers to come from it.

"I'll thank you for your pep talk, Bear." she said remembering how he had first introduced himself over Taris. She raised her eyes and looked at him "But right now, this is all I have to live for."

He smirks. "You could talk to a person every day for your entire life and still never know them. Don't put too much stock in people knowing you. That being said, go live a little. Have some fun. I know it'll be hard, but it'll help."

A moment passes before he smiles. "Don't live for revenge though. Live to prove him wrong. Revenge will only eat away at you, and is surprisingly difficult to accomplish."

She fell silent for a moment, taking in the Bears words. there was truth to them and she couldn't deny that. Daxton was a powerful sith and he had a hold of her mind that she couldn't shake, to seek vengeance on him now was foolish. Vengeance would have to opportunistic and when she was ready. Until then she needed to shake his hold of her mind and get off this planet.

"Alright." she said finally "I'll see which of my contacts haven't written me off as dead and, as you put it live a little." After all what was the worst that could happen beside a bar brawl erupting over a smarmy comment thrown her way. She would need to watch that.

"What's your plan? Aside from waiting there must be something you intend to do in the meantime."

"I plan to enjoy the peace a little. Maybe go fishing. I haven't gone fishing in awhile." He chuckles and shakes his head. At a time like this, that was his plan. "I need to think some things through, and fishing is great for having time to think."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom