Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White Lightning.

Example of Curved blade. http://japanese-samurai-swords.net/store/images/P/japanese-swords-samurai-swords-bushido-dragon-katana.jpg
Intent: To create a Melee weapon for the Inquisitors
Development Thread: no.
Manufacturer: Junbei Hao National
Model: White lighting VIbrosword
Affiliation: AE Inquisitors
Modularity: yes
Production: Minor.
Material: Cortosis-weave, durasteel handle and guard.
Description:
A blade made for the AE inquisitors to ether be used instead of a lightsaber or as a backup weapon. The vibrosword is made thinner in comparison to other models of the Vibro sword to allow a very precise cut, and less resistance when cutting. However it is more likely break. Even more so in prolonged battles. To keep the Artisain look there is a slight bend in the blade length. The handles can be wrapped in cloth or leather allowing a better grip. The blade will be used for slashing and cutting rather than stabbing.
Classification: Vibroweapory/Sword
Size: One-handed, or Two-handed
Length: 1 meter
Weight: 1 kg.
Other Features: Resistant to lightsabers.

This is the second blade. @[member="Akio Kahoshi"]

Example of Straight blade.
Intent: To create a Melee weapon for the Inquisitors
Development Thread: no.
Manufacturer: Junbei Hao National
Model: Black smoke Vibrosword
Affiliation: AE Inquisitors
Modularity: yes
Production: Minor.
Material: Cortosis-weave, durasteel handle and guard.
Description:
A blade made for the AE inquisitors to ether be used instead of a lightsaber or as a backup weapon. The vibrosword is made thinner in comparison to other models of the Vibro sword to allow a very precise cut, and less resistance when cutting. However it is more likely break. Even more so in prolonged battles. The handles can be wrapped in cloth or leather allowing a better grip. The blades are made with a straight thin blade used more so for stabbing and piercing.
Classification: Vibroweapory/Sword
Size: One-handed, or Two-handed
Length: 1 meter
Weight: 1 kg.
Other Features: Resistant to lightsabers.

I blade made of the type of folded steel used in katanas is going to break, never bend. I would probably choose one or the other image, a curve and a strait blade require different forging processes and if these are mass produced would then need completely separate production lines. If you would like both I recommend submitting them each as a separate "curved" and "straight" sword.

In this case white lightning does not really match the black blade of the straight sword so I would probably go with the curved. Mind you the curve actually provides enormous advantages over the straith. While the straight remains better for stabbing.

Cortosis, or any other lightsaber resistant material, is almost 100% certain to be denied on any mass-produced item. Lightsaber resistant materials are all extremely rare.

Otherwise good work so far.

Well if you want it to be a standard weapon it would need to be mass produced, and so use a more typical material like durasteel. If you want to keep the cortosis weave minor or unique, but would no longer be the "standard melee weapon" you were looking for.

@[member="Black Dove"]

now as its all been separated. is this approved to be sent? and do they still have the rule up where you can only post two techs a week or whatever?
@[member="Akio Kahoshi"]

Technically the rules have been suspended for the moment. As long as you don't start flooding, I do not think they will mind.

One last thing, weight is actually a little heavy. I'd reduce it to about 1-1.2 kg. Otherwise I cannot personally see anything wrong with them as they stand. @[member="Black Dove"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom