Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whispers to Roars

Sector 45D
Kinoss City
Kinoss
UVYIu29.png
cneYD44.jpg

A storm was brewing. The city alleys carried a darker than usual feeling this evening. The chiss woman moved confidently through the dark access ways. Her hand was in her pockets, one hand no doubt resting on a holdout blaster. While violent crime was rare on most chiss planets, at least against its citizens that minded their own business, it was not unheard of, especially on the planet of Kinoss. It was apparent the female was on alert, seeming to always have her head turned where attack could be a possibility.

She made her way around the most treacherous areas without incident and saw the well-lit streets just up ahead. But this attack came without warning, with a figure in dark clothes springing from behind one of the large trash bins to the side of the alley. The holdout blaster was pulled, but immediately it was batted from her hand. The chiss female’s wrist was roughly grabbed and pressed against the duracrete alley wall. The figure had his other hand with a slender vibroblade held with the tip precisely to her windpipe.

Malicar’s body was pressed against hers where she could not move without causing the vibroblade to teeter to one side or the other, which would gash the female’s throat.

In a dangerous tone, a scant inch or so from her face, the crime lord inquired, “Hello Remi…you will have one chance to come clean. Do not lie to me. Have you had any contact with House Quylen representatives in the last week?"

[member="Lone Wolf"]

A sly smile slipped over the lips of the blue skinned woman as she slinked down an alley. Darkness hung over her as a cloak upon her shoulders. She had been scheming for the past several weeks and it appeared as though all of her hard work would soon payoff. “They will never see this coming,” Remi whispered to herself as she looked over her shoulder.

Suddenly the heavy feeling of watchful eyes upon her frame caused the Chiss impersonator to pause. Her fingers slipped around the blaster in her pocket and the moment she saw the the large shadow cross the alley, the weapon was drawn and subsequently batted away. The attack took the woman by complete surprise but fear was not her initial response...anger was.

“Hello Remi...you will have one chance to come clean,” Malicar said before demanding that his pretend cousin not lie to him. The vibroblade in his hand was sitting uncomfortably close to her windpipe as he pressed his body against hers. The Shi'ido narrowed her eyes as she studied the face of the Chiss who was completely invading her personal space.

Remi rolled her eyes as the crime lord asked if she had been in contact with any representatives of House Quylen within the past week. “Of course not, you prick,” the woman scoffed, tempted to spit in the face of the Chiss man. Remi knew better than to push her disrespect too far however. Malicar was a dangerous man but there was something about him that was decent in spite of it all.

“I've been out planning a surprise gathering to celebrate your birthday in two weeks. Sinister, I know,” the woman said as her voice was reduced to something that echoed a hint of sadness. Remi hated her life. She was a damn good agent. She was incredibly talented. Unfortunately she would waste away under Malicar's thumb as she served in a strange role that hardly recognized the value of her true identity.

The woman's body relaxed and her eyes softened as her thoughts moved to her father. She glanced up at Malicar and sighed. “I would never betray House Vesnam. I know better. Now if someone is...I would be happy to use my talents to help you find out who has broken your trust.” Remi sighed, her eyes falling away from the Chiss' face. Truly she was disappointed that her surprise had been ruined. In an effort to feel like she was living a normal life, it had come back to bite her.

“Would you let me go already?” she said with a hint of fire in her voice, the anger always lingering.

[member="Mithias"]

Sector 45D
Kinoss City
Kinoss
UVYIu29.png

Remi went on the defensive immediately, displaying anger more so than fear or any other reaction. Malicar planned this ambush in the moonlight, where just enough of the streetlight illumination filtered through the alleyway. The reason for this was so that he could see her face when she spoke. Being a part of the Chiss Expansionary Intelligence Division and interacting with the galaxy's criminals for many years allowed Malicar to keenly discern when people were lying. He watched his fellow intelligence operatives when they lied on operations, watching for their reactions and “tells”. Remi was especially one of those agents he watched ever since he knew her: learning her movements, reactions, facial expressions, nonverbal communication, habits, and quirks. What he could tell immediately about the shi’ido was that she was telling the truth. As soon as she recognized it was Malicar, the truth came spewing out, but in a fashion that did not entirely surprise the crime lord. Remi was a planner and meticulous with detail. If her efforts were railroaded in some way, this would not spark disappointment, but frustration and anger. At least, this was his thought on her reaction—he had been wrong before. But all decisions were always based on "educated guesses"--very rarely was anything "certain" in this galaxy.

A warm smile came to his handsome face. But as soon as he spoke, the illusion of kindness dissipated in his tone and inflection, “A birthday surprise. How very sweet…”

Malicar watched her as she expressed her loyalty to House Vesnam. Tone, inflection, facial expressions, body tension, eye movement—all of those factors were being considered as Malicar observed the shi'ido appearing as a Chiss. The crime lord actually preferred when Remi was in Chiss form—not because of aesthetics or sentimentality. In fact it had absolutely nothing to do with that—he could read her better in that form. If there was one species he had learned to not trust and knew it was a requirement to learn their idiosyncrasies, it was his own species—Chiss.

In a flowing, deep voice, the Chiss responded coolly, “You are in luck, dear Remi…I believe you.”

“Would you let me go already?” There was fire and defiance in her voice.

The sarcasm dripped from his response, “I am so sorry, Ramyna. Have I somehow inconvenienced you?”

Malicar slid the vibroblade away, trailing a razor thin line from her windpipe up to towards her ear. A few seconds later small beads of blood formed along path, a warning from the Chiss not to push it.

“Well, do not just stand there, darling Remi…we have traitors to find. Come along...”

With that, Malicar turned, sliding his vibroblade into the folds of his jacket, and merged into the crowded streets…

“You're in luck, dear Remi...I believe you,” Malicar said with heavy sarcasm. The woman implored that the crime lord let her go but his response was cruel and calculated. “I am so sorry, Ramyna,” the Chiss began. The blue skinned woman swallowed hard as a knot formed in the pit of her stomach. Her birth name was rarely used in her new life and to hear it now only reminded her where she had come from and why.

Remi's thoughts immediately moved to her father as her expression softened in spite of the fire that raged within her heart against Malicar. “Have I somehow inconvenienced you?” the handsome Chiss inquired as he slowly slid the vibroblade away from her throat and up toward her ear, leaving a trail of blood behind.

As Malicar pulled away from the woman, she lifted a hand and placed it upon the thin cut left by his vibroblade. The superficial wound stung but it was Remi's heart that ached. She could never allow the crime lord to see her bleed – emotionally, that is and so, the Shi'ido continued to put up a wall of anger.

“Well, do not just stand there, darling Remi...we have traitors to find. Come along...” Malicar said as he turned and placed the vibroblade within the folds of his jacket. The Chiss merged into the crowded streets and left his pretend cousin standing behind in the alley.

How easy it would be for the Shi'ido to grab her pistol, approach Malicar from behind and end her misery by ending his life. The thought had crossed her mind on a number of occasions, but the woman could not bring herself to betray the one who had allowed her father to live in exchange for her life as part of his family. It was a strange arrangement, but Remi considered it a kindness in spite of the awful man that Malicar had proven himself to be.

Before too much time had passed, the woman reached down for her pistol. She shoved it back into her the pocket of her black cloak and rushed to catch up with her fellow Master Agent. In spite of the exchange that they had just shared, there was an alarming bit of information that Remi had just learned. It would appear as though someone within their house was passing delicate information to representatives of House Quylen.

As the Shi'ido reached the Chiss' side, Remi glanced over at Malicar with concern upon her face. “Someone has betrayed Vesnam? What do you know so far?” And so it was business as usual. The woman would be whoever Malicar needed or wanted for the sheer fact that she was protecting her only remaining living relative. Once her father passed, an inevitable step in this life, she would have no further obligation to the Chiss or House Vesnam...or would she? Would she leave or choose to stay if given the option? The thoughts were like a train forging a path through the woman's mind. Who was to say she would ever have a choice anyway. Without her father, she had nothing left to live for so perhaps embracing this life would give her a new purpose.

Remi cleared her throat as she shook her head in an attempt to find her center once again. “Obviously this is unacceptable. Do you have any suspects?” the woman questioned with a great deal of interest in the findings.

[member="Mithias"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom