Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Whispers of Annihilation

The Inexhaustible

tsedivider6a.png

D E C I M A T I O N

Objective: Lick Wounds & Regroup
Tag: @Moff Drybis Lyke
12 Yeas Ago
The air was stale.
It had been months since the Black Hand and it's fleet had seen safe harber, weeks since any hope of respite still lingered in the crew. Long ago had contact with Lord Admiral Nox been reached, yet the once brother to the commander of the Black Hand had lost his way. Insanity had taken hold, Thaelius would say.
Much like Nox, Lord Admiral Ordo refused to return to the Unknown Regions for the sole fact that he and the vast majority of his staff would be executed for allowing the Anaxes Imperials and other splinter groups seize control of the Core. There was no returning to his duties before the war. There was no shore leave awaiting them.
There was death.
Emperor Sortis would make sure of that. Yet, as he walked down the cold and empty halls of the last renaming Sector Flagship in Sith control, he couldn't help but fathom what changes had been made during his two-year absence. The Sith were already tiring of Sortis, his deportment was inevitable. But who would rise to the throne.
Another tyrant perhaps? He shook his head as he entered the meeting room, where he called for the senior officers of the fleet. Few of them remained, but those who did were hardned veterans who fought with him for years.
"Good Morning" He said sarcastically. "Commodore Lyke, status on your formaton"

Last edited:

- 12 years ago, 850 ABY -

"Ship has exited Hyperspace"

Drybis stood at the console near the frontal windows of the bridge of his ship, staring into the empty abyss of space, he then turned to look towards the Black Hand. As his ship moved towards the fleet, he turned around and walked towards the bridge's Holocom. Just as he arrived, his superior and a man he greatly respected, popped up on the holo, Drybis immediately pressed a button to make it a two way view.

Thaelius Thaelius immediately spoke,
"Good Morning" He said sarcastically. "Commodore Lyken, status on your formation".

"Lord Admiral", said Lyken as he slightly bowed his head. "I have returned from the remnant stationed at Batorine and have recovered Rear Admiral Fiskal's flagship, "The Reaper". "However, the rest of his fleet was destroyed along with the Rear Admiral himself". "This Audax Class Cruiser is still in good shape, but needs some basic repairs".

He quickly swallowed his breath and continued

"As requested sir, I have recalled all of those within my fleet group to our coordinates, however the only ones who would obey your command were the officers of the two corvettes I arrived with. And the rest......well......they refused".

"Only one ship escaped, the rest I annihilated".

"I believe we are now traitors for refusing Emperor Sortis's directive to fall back to the Outer Rim strongholds, sir"
, said Drybis with a slight chuckle.

"And traitors for allowing the Anaxes Imperials to take control of the Core", said his second in command, Captain Luk'Jo.

"Yes, thank you Captain, we all needed to be reminded of that", Drybis said begrudgingly and sarcastically as the Captain stepped back and cowed his head.

"Who knows if he's even alive", spoke another officer.

"There are so many reports these days, you just don't know what to believe", said an old veteran officer.

As he finished speaking, he could see how little officers remained by the Admiral's side, the hour was definitely dark, no doubt about it. Drybis himself was still somewhat appalled of what had happened. Just two weeks before the Battle of Coruscant, he was promoted to Commodore and given his own naval starship group. He was also only 22 years old. Things were looking up and then the defeats happened. Drybis didn't care about the politics, nor the grumblings of the Sith hierarchy, but of those good naval serviceman who died for very little reason. It started to make Drybis question his purpose, however only briefly as his attention turned back to the Holocom.

As of now he was still doubtful, but at least they had gained another flagship, well at least a cruiser.

Theme: Stale Death

Thaelius Thaelius

Last edited:
The Inexhaustible

tsedivider6a.png

D E C I M A T I O N

12 Yeas Ago
"Of course they did"
He frowned. The Sith-Imperial Warfleets stationed within the core were hardened veterans. They fought at Courscant. He remembered all too well the claps and cheers when the Vanguard, shattered and broken, fell into the atmosphere of the city-planet. He remembered the day Omarast Croscal surrendered Empress Teta to his forces following the disastrous defeat of the Alliance.
But honor alone was not powerful enough to compel the majority of the Emperor's forces to abandon their lord and wander helplessly through the core with no end in sight. He chuckled at that last thought, as every ship within Warfleet Black Hand was styled "His Majesty Imperial Starship"
"He may be dead. And if he is, good riddance" said Rear Admiral Black, his holographic image distorted and bleak
"Cheers to that" said another Captain.
"What do you think we should do then, Commodore" Thaelius interjected, ignoring the unfolding conversation before him. "About the escaped ship that is"

Objective:
Lick Wounds & Regroup

- 12 years ago, 850 ABY -

Drybis listened to the chattering officers as he slowly faded away, still utterly exhausted and having not slept in days, his eyes flung open to their widest when Admiral Ordo spoke again.

"What do you think we should do then, Commodore" Thaelius interjected, ignoring the unfolding conversation before him. "About the escaped ship that is".

"Well sir, It was badly damaged when it fled, so I don't think it will be getting back to Dromund Kaas or Korriban by itself and because of this we don't have to worry about Sith remnants coming for us and most are as decimated as us anyway".

"However, there is another problem that arises".
He straighten his back a little and raised his chin a bit. "One of the corvettes from my fleet group was recently passing through the Galantos system, where they spotted and attacked an Alliance medical ship". "The corvette's commanding officer, Lieutenant Belka, reported that after they had boarded and taken the medical frigate, they discovered that its sensor logs showed a very large Alliance fleet stationed above Ragoon VI, which I must point out sir, is only 3 parsecs from our current location".

"Now the ship that escaped my attack fled the Batorine system in the direction of the Kaikielius system, which is the other way from Ragoon VI, however, I feel we must at least consider the possibility that the Alliance might know our location sir". "The ship could be hunted down quickly if we sent a small strike force immediately, but it is still a gamble". "Now while that ship was never at our current location, it could definitely still figure it out by triangulation, depending who its officers are of course".

"Of course we could just disregard this and hope the ship doesn't recover quickly to possibly warn the Alliance we are still in the Core",
spoke Lyken with a nervous chuckle of sorts.

Drybis finished and swallowed his breath again, and took a deep breath right after as well.
"Either way sir, its your decision at the end".

As he finally completely finished, one of his subordinates came up to him to report something, but Drybis waved them off, obviously wanting to hear from the Admiral before anything else. Whatever it was it could wait.

Thaelius Thaelius

Theme: Stale Death

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom