Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where's Mum? {Circe}

Something was off. Instead of wearing his usual goofy grin, Darren was staring emotionless at the table in front of him. Breakfast lay forgotten mere inches from his hands. The lad was never like this. What had caused it? It was fairly simple, but he had been given no explanation about it. Ven'Rain Sekairo, Darren's mum, was nowhere to be seen. She had died. Seeing as the lad was barely a year old (though was very mature and had been aged through Sith magic so he became 'nine') no one had told him the truth. Instead they said she was off on a business trip. Circe (his mother) was simply 'a busy woman'. So far Darren had been raised more by his nannies than his actual parents. That saddened him to a great extent. Now he had grown tired of this, and desperately missed Mummy reading him stories before bed.
"Nan? Can you ask mom if she can come home, at least for the weekend?" The lad spoke up, looking at his young nursemaid. She paled, but nodded. Standing up she left, going to contact her boss. By this point Circe was sure to have recovered from her wounds. Visiting her son (or even taking him with her) wouldn't be that difficult... Would it?
@[member="Circe Savan"]

No, it wouldn't be that difficult. Especially considering that she had done very little with her son, which disappointed her. It was time for him to join her in her travels amongst the stars. Soon she would arrive home, embracing her son in her arms as lovingly as she could. "Oh gods, Darren... I've missed you."

Boy... She was emotional, wasn't she?

@[member="Darren Savan"]

Soon Circe would find two little arms wrapped around her. Then a soft sobbing would be heard as the young boy buried his face in his mother's chest. "Mommy... Where's Mum? S-Shouldn't she b-be back from business by n-now?" He asked, far to afraid to hear the answer. While the exact meaning of death was so far unknown to him... he understood some. The boy was naturally empathetic, and had realized that his nannies weren't being entirely honest. All Darren wanted was to see his Mum again. To hear one last story and cuddle up like they had always done.
Where was she?
@[member="Circe Savan"]
{OOC: I'm not crying, just have something in my eye...}

"She died."

Circe decided that she shouldn't lie to her son. She didn't want him to think that his mother had abandoned him and Circe. That would be a lie - a very big lie. "Your mother died saving me." She began to sob, a tear coming to her own eye. "I'm sorry, Darren. It's very important that you stay with me. I'm not going to lose you, and you're not going to lose me."

@[member="Darren Savan"]

Somehow he wasn't surprised. Ven had been incredibly strong... but she would do anything to protect Circe and Darren. A lack of surprise didn't stop the boy from crying of course. His grip on his mother tightened. There was no way he was willing to lose another member of the family. Especially not his only remaining parent. "Please don't leave again... The nannies are nice, but I miss you..." His voice was soft, and oddly serious. Quietly he pulled back from the hug, turning to stare up at Circe.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

With a soft smile, sad, yet happy, she looked down, giving Darren a soft kiss on the forehead. "That's why I wanted you to come with me, after all. I want you to meet your stepmother, and your stepsister." She sighed. "You have family. Never forget that, dearheart." Smiling, she sat down, moving to snuggle with her son. "Would you like to meet them?"

She hoped this would be the family she had always wanted.

@[member="Darren Savan"]

He had a stepmother? And a stepsister? That was news to the kid. Ven had told him about his cousin and 'Aunt' (Ire'Rain and War'Rain, to be exact), but he hadn't heard about these people. Part of him didn't like that. Had Mother already moved on? Or had she been... cheating on Mum? Darren was to young to understand the idea of someone having more than one real lover. But then again, he was a little young to understand the concept of an affair as well. "Did Mum like them? If Mum liked them than I'll probably like them too." That was his way of trying to say that he wouldn't accept a new Mum so quickly. But he did still love Circe. And if Circe and Ven liked someone, well, he would like 'em too.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"She was good, and Ven knew her. She is the closest thing to a mother you'll have." She sighed. "I want our family to be together, whatever happens." That's the bad thing, isn't it? All Circe has ever wanted for her children was for them to have a stable childhood. It was unfortunately not going on.

"I love you, Darren."

@[member="Darren Savan"]

"Well, you're my mother, aren't you? She can be my mum. There's a difference," Darren said with a soft smile. It was obvious Circe was sad, and her son could tell. So he thought he'd try to cheer her up with his humor. Ven had been 'mum' while Circe had been 'mom'. A simply way to make having to female parents easier. Kind of like how that one holofim star's son calls him Papa, and his other father Dad. It worked. "I love you too mom. And don't worry, I promise I won't leave you..." Once again the small family was hugging, seeking comfort in each other's embrace.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"True." She smiled, tightening her embrace around her son, the only male heir to her entire family. He was the closest thing to a real true child she figured that she would ever have. A soft smile crossed her lips as she got on her knees, fervently giving him love, cuddles, and snuggles. "Darren... Let's go and do something fun, okay?"

@[member="Darren Savan"]

Doing something fun was exactly what the nine-year-old/1-year-old (Sith Aging was weird) wanted- and needed. Though he tried not to show it, the death of his mum did affect him greatly. For the sake of his other mother he would try not to show it. "Like get some ice cream?" Darren asked, face lighting up. His nannies rarely let him have the treat. There were other things he could think of doing, but getting ice cream was one he hoped for the most. It was probably because Ven had once sat with him as they shared a bowl of the dessert.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Sure." She smiled, picking up Darren in her arms before realizing how awkward that looked, lowering him back down to the ground. "I love you. What flavor of ice cream do you like the best, Darren?" She had never once asked her son about something he enjoyed, and now, it was time to finally do so. Because she loved him.

She loved him dearly.

@[member="Darren Savan"]

What was his favorite flavour?... It wasn't to hard to decide. After all, he'd only ever had the treat a few times. And it was almost always with Ven by his side. "There's this one called 'birthday cake'. Mum loved it too," Darren replied with a goofy grin. Finally he was acting like himself again. None of that 'kill all enemies' or 'where's mum' stuff. Just being a kid. A 'nine' year old. Circe would probably find the change nice.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

"Birthday cake?" She smiled. The flavor that tasted like celebration. A soft grin crossed her face as she looked the young boy over, her offspring. "Sounds like a plan. Shall we go and get you some?" She had the card, after all. If he wanted to purchase some, all the two had to do was go and get it. Getting ice cream was nice and fun.

And an opportunity for catching up.

@[member="Darren Savan"]

"That would be great!" With that (and another goofy grin) Darren gave his mother another hug. By now his tears had dried. Even better, he had been able to put the dreadful news he had received earlier off to the side. For now, at least. But this was no time for mourning. It was time for ice cream, catching up, and fun. A great change from nannies running amok in an attempt to teach the young boy.
@[member="Circe Savan"]

The two finally went off to the nearby ice cream parlor. She ordered a double scoop for Darren and a single scoop of chocolate chip cookie dough for herself. A soft smile ran through her face as she gave the ice cream cone a loving lick. "So Darren, what have you been learning about recently? School been fun?"

After all, he still had to learn and whatnot.

@[member="Darren Savan"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom